FMCU: The Countdown To FM13!

AK22

With Miles making the first FM announcement today (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/314457-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Announced!), I thought it would be a good idea to have our own separate thread in here, thus preventing the need to venture into the GD Forum too often (it really is scary out there :D).

With over 900 new features coming, there's going to be plenty to debate over the coming weeks when further announcements are made. Also, this will give us a good place to discuss our future expectations and career plans for FM13!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GD has actually annoyed me with the number of FM13 Threads which have been created!!!

Anyway, I am still undecided as to what to do on FM13. I like the prospect of another journeman career, but I am also considering the possibility of a save similar to hrb's by doing a youth challenge in a low reputationed nation.

For me, I'm most looking forward to the updates in the match engine, and having a slicker game 'under the hood'. I can't believe it hasn't had a major overhaul since FM09, so there should be a noticeable difference!

I'm not at all bothered by the gimmicky challenges or unlockable content, although I can understand why this would appeal to the short term player who struggle to play more than one season.

I'm also hoping they've fixed the add/remove league bug- I really can't be doing with another 100000+ database on my next save!

Yeah the only thing which annoyed me about the add/remove league thing was the fact that you could be waiting for up to 12 months for a league to be removed. Got annoying after a while.

Am still planning on doing a career game, starting as an unemployed no-body in the English league and working my way up to win the CL and League with whoever will employee me and then going on to see how many European leagues I can win as different clubs

Although I like the idea of doing this under classic mode now so I can get through the seasons at the better speed.

I dont like the thought of Classic Mode. It will just have me less involved in the game and if you sit down and think about it, the reason it is there is because the likes of the people in GD whinge because they are either **** at the game or lazy!!

I'm really hoping that the add/remove leagues feature is fixed that'll mean I can keep my saves going for longer. I'll probably be using the streamlined FM for all the 2-3 season games I play with teams like Bilbao, Roma, Valencia, Liverpool etc. I'll use the proper FM for a good journeyman game, Acidmonkeys game really makes me want to get to 2040 plus as I usually only get to 2030-ish, I like to move around so the add/remove league feature will help with getting to 2040 plus.

I hope there are some changes in the editor because on FM12 you cannot add a secondary world competition, which as I have talked about before is what I want to do when I try to take a Mongolian side to world domination in a created World Champions League.

My biggest hope is that the AI long term squad building is improved ten fold because once you get a good side in the top league FM becomes way too easy. It's easy to win trebles and more every season.

I dont like the thought of Classic Mode. It will just have me less involved in the game and if you sit down and think about it, the reason it is there is because the likes of the people in GD whinge because they are either **** at the game or lazy!!

I think a lot of the people who really wanted it are actually in OTF. It's for the CM generation that got left behind as they no longer had the time make FM worth it.

I think classic mode will be good if you fancy a quick game that you know won't be long term. Also lots of experienced FMers have wanted less micro management in FM for years, plus it will hopefully stop some of the moaning if it leaves out some of the thing people in GD moan about constantly.

I think a lot of the people who really wanted it are actually in OTF. It's for the CM generation that got left behind as they no longer had the time make FM worth it.

I do know how they feel at times, I remember the old days of CM where I could manage a season in a couple of days whereas now it's over a week and I do enjoy getting through the seasons quicker. For me it might depend on what jobs I don't like which can be given to the new director of football or assistant manager. Won't really know for sure until the demo comes out.

It's better the way it will be by giving people the option of playing a streamlined version, I think that feature could attract a lot of people back to playing.

The classic mode wouldn't be for me when I play a journeyman game or my serious Crewe/Sunderland saves. For a couple of seasons as Roma or Lazio it'll do fine.

You have to remember that the game has developed massively to make it more realistic. People would whinge that it wasnt otherwise. Its better the way it is.

No doubt. The game would probably fail if new features weren't added every year making the game more realistic and complex.

While this brings in new customers though, it also alienates older ones. Hopefully the classic mode will help with this.

The most interesting feature to me highlighted is the DoF. How will the manager and the DoF cooperate with each other to successfully build a winning team? Hopefully Miles and SI will have more info on that, and I think I will at least try the demo to see how DoF works..

Another :thup: is network integration with Steam. Finally I can play FM with my friends in a network game without having to wait an eternity to advance an in game week. :D

But I see SI are starting to go the route of microtransactions...

I spent this year learning about tactic building so I could start to build my own rather than downloading others. With the revamp of training for this year, I'm interested in taking on training schedules and fully understanding how that all works. Curious to see what it'll look like.

Really like that they say they've overhauled the match engine, scouting and training.

Odds are I'll never touch Classic mode, even though I still think CM3 was the pinnacle of achievement. ;)

And finally an MLS expansion side (Montreal) is included in the game for their first season. Would be great if you can take charge of the expansion draft.

Really like that they say they've overhauled the match engine, scouting and training.

Odds are I'll never touch Classic mode, even though I still think CM3 was the pinnacle of achievement. ;)

And finally an MLS expansion side (Montreal) is included in the game for their first season. Would be great if you can take charge of the expansion draft.

I hope they make the editor slightly easier to add the NASL, USL-Pro, PDL, etc than in FM12. And perhaps college soccer.

£29.99 pre-order on Steam.

This will probably be the first year I don't purchase a physical copy, as there's very little advantage to having the shiny, new CD-ROM any more :(

I will be getting the physical copy. Even though you only need it once, there's nothing like taking it out the box and inserting it into the computer that first time. :D

We do (in Kent) but aside from being slow (up to 1MB) we're on the very edge of the exchange (there are houses around us that can't get broadband, and we only did in 2006), I think the game is something lke 2GB so even though download limits aren't that much of an issue as ours is reasonably generous I'd still have a pretty long wait.

Buy it on release day, through Steam. Simply as I play it mainly on a MacBook Air.

Really need to get under the skin of tactic building as following Catenaccio was fine, but all my attempts at tactic building since have seen me crash and burn.

A bit off-topic but, how 3-d run on a MacBook Air? Smooth enough in full details?

My FM13 game is already planned much inspired by Tord and San Marino saves I have followed.

My ambition is to activate the Moldovan League with a few slight modifications. Attendances edited to reflect real life ones, no more crowds of 20 at matches with an increased number of teams in the Top Division, more fun playing in a league of 16 then the same 12 teams. The game with be based over taking on a relatively smaller side in the league and build them up using the power of my academy, the challenge will lie in taking over giants such as Sheriff and Dacia who I've seen become forces later on in the game. Can't wait to get it started to be honest.

I have absolutely no idea where I am going this time, I have booked off 6 days annual leave in mid november, hoping for a normal release, I can move it backwards, but not much as I have a training course 26-28th.

Really delighted with the changes to match engine etc, sounds promising, as for pricing being ripped off through steam (US$90 in NZ/AUS - thats $105NZ), so pre-ordered direct of SEGA website for US$40, much happier with that, and an acceptable price, unlike paying more than DOUBLE! is supposedly due to the distributors in our countries, and our strong economies, bollocks, for some reason prices have always been this stupid here and the excuses have ranged from, your dollar is poor, to your dollar is strong, to it cost sooo much to ship etc, none of which stands with a digital download which should cost equivalent everywhere.

I will probably do a journeyman save again, though my other thought would be to have a classic game running with Arsenal trying to win with the current squad and youth only.

[video=youtube;kLp7IQhPGdY]

If there's any interest in having a competition to see who has the best team in FM, this is the video with the info. :D

Competition Formats (taken from ~1 min mark of the video):

Knockout Cup (2-32 teams)

League (2-6 teams, playing each other twice)

Head-to-Head League (2 teams, playing each other five times)

Director of Football/Chief Scout/Head of Youth Development

The DoF is implemented weirdly. From what Miles was saying, it looks you appoint the DoF, when IRL it's typically the other way around.

As far as Chief Scout and Head of Youth Development, the video blog didn't really show anything about what their roles are, IMO.

Director of Football/Chief Scout/Head of Youth Development

The DoF is implemented weirdly. From what Miles was saying, it looks you appoint the DoF, when IRL it's typically the other way around.

As far as Chief Scout and Head of Youth Development, the video blog didn't really show anything about what their roles are, IMO.

I agree it's a bit strange. I rather have the option to be manager or DoF, since I always liked the challenge of assembling the squad and leaving the actual managing to the AI.

As for Chief Scout, I hope it's not like a normal scout with a different title (a la EHM07) and I suppose there's no Junior Coaching anymore? There's also a bunch of new titles for the U18s staff as well.

Archived