FMCU: The Countdown To FM13!

AK22

I think this is the bet way for the DOF to be implemented to be honest, as otherwise you'd have a load of users complaining if they were at a club where a DOF was put unpon them making decisions that they didn't want.

The way I see it, I can now make my career on FM13 as realistic as possible. In England say, where the role is less common, I wouldn't appoint one, and if I did I wouldn't give him too much resonsibility. However, if I was in somewhere like Italy, then I would defeinitly have one and give him loads of the resonsibilities.

I like it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best bet is just not to implement DoF into the game then, IMO. Since FM prides itself on realism.

And was anybody able to figure out what Miles was talking about with the new training modules? Major problem I've had with the vlogs is when they're showing screen shots, it doesn't get close enough for you to actually see what's going on.

Latest vblog on competition updates. Like the new rivalry cup updates in MLS, although I don't think MLS clubs are allowed to poach other clubs' youth academy players...MLS clubs are allowed to sign an unlimited amount of homegrown (HG) players and obviously if he's poached he's not HG anymore..

Hopefully the allocation budget bug is fixed in the new FM as well.

Latest vblog on competition updates. Like the new rivalry cup updates in MLS, although I don't think MLS clubs are allowed to poach other clubs' youth academy players...MLS clubs are allowed to sign an unlimited amount of homegrown (HG) players and obviously if he's poached he's not HG anymore..

Yeah, I think in Europe you get a distinction between HG -trained at the club and HG - trained in the nation. In MLS it's exclusively HG -trained at the club.

There was a dispute earlier this year about the HG status of Ben Spencer: http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/article/?categoryId=26&articleId=23766&articleTitle=controversy-surrounds-mls-home-grown-rule

The Director of Football does seem a little strange according to the video. Like was said, the Manager doesn't appoint the DoF.

I was arguing this point in GD and the response was 50/50, some want complete realism yet others seem to think it would ruin the game (it might). I wish it was realistic in where you turned up at a club and had to fight with the DoF, creating in depth relationships between you and the DoF. This would be so much more immerse.

Anyway, for FM13 I'll most likely be heading my own journeyman career, spanning across Europe and maybe even the World. Leagues that I'd really like to give a go in this version are the, MLS, Russian, Dutch, Italy and some of the Eastern European nations.

Can't wait. :D

Very excited to get my teeth into this years version. Really loving the updates Miles has been giving us in those videos. I'm eternally thankful they've used Steam servers for online games, hopefully no more horrendous lagging which was a real off put for me in previous games!

As for my FMCU game, I think it'll be a journeyman style but with a 'New Team New Policy' theme to it.

The announcement of FM13 has really made me want to start a long term FM13 save when it comes out. But I also really want to continue my IK Tord save. I might have to run them side by side.

I always promise myself that I'll keep my save running on the old version of the game in parallel, but give me a couple of hours in the new version and it will be bye-bye Guangzhou I'm afraid; I just can't make that switch back (other than for nostalgia reasons a couple of years later) once you've moved on to the new version

I'm really unsure what to do on FM13. I always start a game with the club I support, Everton, and that usually lasts at least five seasons but after that I don't know where to go. I am thinking of plying my trade outside of Europe, my comfort zone. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see how I feel when the game is released.

Right now I'm torn between many different ideas:

- starting a new challenge for CSE forum that would consist in roaming across several teams of the same league, and making it the best league in the world. Probably in Hungary. One day I was really bored at work I have the full opening post for it written already!

- one-club save, I've never managed outside of Europe so one of my ideas is to take a club from Uruguay where almost every team is from the capital Montevideo. I'd pick a small club from outside Montevideo and take it to Libertadores glory. Another would be to take a small club from the Balkans (Serbia or Croatia or Slovenia) and take it to European glory using only ex-Yugoslavia nation players. And yet another go to Sweden and start on tier 4 to build an empire there.

- normal journeyman as per the last 2 FMs but I'd have to start at a much lower level now, I only spent a total of 1 season in the lower leagues this year (Swiss 2nd division) and I must say it's not been as fun as my FM11 struggles (I took about 10 seasons through several nations to make it out of the lower leagues).

Just found out I may not be playing FM13 after all....

The problem is, SI have decided to release a Turkish language version of the game - this is great for Turks, as I know a few people whose lack of English has prevented them from playing the game, but a problem for me as it seems Steam are only offering the Turkish version for download. I asked if there was anyway I could get the English version (e.g. ordering from a UK retailer and using that code) but they say no, wherever you download from, you will get that version. As the game now has to be installed with Steam, that means I can't access the English version unless I download it in England (won't be visiting again before next summer) and use a UK-registered credit card (which I don't have) :mad:

Looks like I'll be continuing with FM12 for a while...

The problem is, SI have decided to release a Turkish language version of the game - this is great for Turks, as I know a few people whose lack of English has prevented them from playing the game, but a problem for me as it seems Steam are only offering the Turkish version for download. I asked if there was anyway I could get the English version (e.g. ordering from a UK retailer and using that code) but they say no, wherever you download from, you will get that version. As the game now has to be installed with Steam, that means I can't access the English version unless I download it in England (won't be visiting again before next summer) and use a UK-registered credit card (which I don't have) :mad:

What if someone does Steam gift feature from an English speaking nation? Would that work?

If someone from here logs into your account from the UK, buys it and then it will appear in your account all over the world...but will it still download the Turkish version from a Turkish IP, even though it's UK bought? Make sense?
I don't think so as all my payment details would mean they automatically identify my account as based in Turkey.
What if someone does Steam gift feature from an English speaking nation? Would that work?
Probably not - they say it's about where the user is located... Hopefully, more people will find themselves in a similar position (I also know some Turks who would prefer to play in English for a bit of language practice ;)) and they will make English available.

Right now I'm torn between many different ideas:

- starting a new challenge for CSE forum that would consist in roaming across several teams of the same league, and making it the best league in the world. Probably in Hungary. One day I was really bored at work I have the full opening post for it written already!

- one-club save, I've never managed outside of Europe so one of my ideas is to take a club from Uruguay where almost every team is from the capital Montevideo. I'd pick a small club from outside Montevideo and take it to Libertadores glory. Another would be to take a small club from the Balkans (Serbia or Croatia or Slovenia) and take it to European glory using only ex-Yugoslavia nation players. And yet another go to Sweden and start on tier 4 to build an empire there.

- normal journeyman as per the last 2 FMs but I'd have to start at a much lower level now, I only spent a total of 1 season in the lower leagues this year (Swiss 2nd division) and I must say it's not been as fun as my FM11 struggles (I took about 10 seasons through several nations to make it out of the lower leagues).

Good to see I'm not the only one changing minds about my career game before release. :o

I've kind of backed of my stance of a one club game and going back to journeyman after watching the competitions vblog. I really want to manage in MLS and China, with the latter probably my preferred starting destination.

DodgeeD: can you temporarily get an IP that's non-Turkish when you download the game? Maybe then you can download a version that's English.

I know a lot of you guys don't like venturing into GD, but I just did and found an offer that's let lead to me being able to pre-order FM13 for £19.95 :D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/315446-35-off-FM13-pre-order-limited-time-offer

It's a first come first serve thing that is somehow still working/open, can't be that many spots left but thought I'd share so people in here can cash in!

I have no idea what career path I'm going to go on.

EITHER Try and redo the Basque Supremacy, but with Catalans OR try and dominate Europe using the old Soviet method of running my players into the group fitness-wise. No real skill players, just strong, quick, tough robots.

I have no idea what career path I'm going to go on.

EITHER Try and redo the Basque Supremacy, but with Catalans OR try and dominate Europe using the old Soviet method of running my players into the group fitness-wise. No real skill players, just strong, quick, tough robots.

The Soviet method sounds interesting.

I think this is probably the first year in ages that I don't have my career planned for the upcoming version, usually by now I know exactly what I am going to do.

A few ideas I've been thinking about:

1. Managing Pompey from start to finish

2. Start unemployed in England, working my way through the clubs until I get to Pompey

3. A dafuge's challenge game

4. As above, but in Spain

5. Start unemployed in Spain, working my way through the clubs until I get to Real Madrid

I know that I do not want to have a youth only career, but it is something I would like to try later on (like I did with FM09 and FM10). Managing in a small nation has been great, but I've missed out on having a steady flow of decent youth players that I got on FM10.

I think I'm after a bit of lower league action, leading to a bigger club in a big nation capable of producing youth players good enough to build a team from. I like the idea of managing in Spain as I think they would probably produce better players, but I also like the familiarity of the English leagues.

I think this is probably the first year in ages that I don't have my career planned for the upcoming version, usually by now I know exactly what I am going to do.

4. As above, but in Spain (Big Euro Challenge)

THIS! You will be very welcome in the Big Euro Challenge thread (Which reminds me I need to re-write the opening posts in preparation for 2013)

@ dafuge: It would be great to see you manage Pompey.

My league setup would be likely be the usual setup from most of my career saves here, with a league expansion of Belarus and Russia (if RGUOR Minsk and Akademiya Toglatti still have the same high quality youth facilities) and either start with one of those two clubs, or (most likely) go journeyman starting in China, Hong Kong (still haven't won a league game there :p), or South Korea.

One option I will rule out is my own challenge. It's fun for a short while but I've enjoying moving around clubs and dealing with the different league rules around the world and still trying to win championships.

yeah I have no idea what I'll end up doing. I'll finish my FM10 A-Z first and then I'm not sure what I'll do. Probably one of the following -

A-Z starting at Arsenal then working through various other jobs.

A-Z or Z-A starting as low as possible and working my way up.

A completely random journeyman career

A dafuge/small club to big club challenge - most likely with an English side or FC Libourne Saint Seurin (if they're still eligible I have no idea)

Being the "ideas man" I feel I should have thought of something more original than one of those options :D

@DodgeeD - can't you just change the language in the settings? I always thought you could just change the language of the game somewhere within the game, like you could with currency options etc
Unfortunately not. Much like the Russian version that came out last year, it will be Turkish only (apparently to offer it at a locally reduced price without having people from outside the country trying to get it on the cheap.... doesn't explain why I can only load the Turkish version when I have to pay the full $39.99 though...)

It also seems replacing files in the install folder doesn't work either as some people in a similar situation found out when trying to alter the Russian versions of FM12. Looks like I have to improve my Turkish footballing vocabulary or keep playing FM12...

Unfortunately not. Much like the Russian version that came out last year, it will be Turkish only (apparently to offer it at a locally reduced price without having people from outside the country trying to get it on the cheap.... doesn't explain why I can only load the Turkish version when I have to pay the full $39.99 though...)

It also seems replacing files in the install folder doesn't work either as some people in a similar situation found out when trying to alter the Russian versions of FM12. Looks like I have to improve my Turkish footballing vocabulary or keep playing FM12...

Ah that does kind of make sense (at least why the boxed version would be cheaper), not sure why you can still only download the Turkish version if you're paying full price on Steam though. Is there not someone from SI you could talk to about that?

Could you buy the CD version and install that? Thought you just needed to activate it through Steam.

Does anyone really like the media interactions? It's never going to come anywhere near replicating real life, and has become just a pointless tick box exercise on FM. I know you could let your Ass Man do it, but you don't have any influence over what they say, and can quite often give a ridiculous response, ******* everybody off in the process.

Surely, it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to get rid of them completely? They are so tedious! :mad:

Does anyone really like the media interactions? It's never going to come anywhere near replicating real life, and has become just a pointless tick box exercise on FM. I know you could let your Ass Man do it, but you don't have any influence over what they say, and can quite often give a ridiculous response, ******* everybody off in the process.

Surely, it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to get rid of them completely? They are so tedious! :mad:

I don't like them and wouldn't miss them, they just become so repetitive and silly.

I just signed a Brazilian striker and got the usual question about him not speaking English, we already have 3 Brazilians so yeah very tedious.

There is a chance of you getting the UK version if someone gifts it to you from the UK. I know that some Steam games are censored in Germany but if an international buyer gifts someone in Germany the game they'll get to play the uncensored version. It's something to think about at least.

Could you buy the CD version and install that? Thought you just needed to activate it through Steam.
I asked Steam about that and just got the following frustratingly vague reply:

Retail games may have regional restrictions that would prevent them from being accessed or played outside the country of purchase.

Due to the variety of games and restrictions, we are unable to provide any more details.

Steam Support is unable to make changes to regional restrictions.

Not very helpful, is it? :(

There is a chance of you getting the UK version if someone gifts it to you from the UK. I know that some Steam games are censored in Germany but if an international buyer gifts someone in Germany the game they'll get to play the uncensored version. It's something to think about at least.
If I can get confirmation, then I'll just have to talk some kind soul into gifting it to me ;)

Have you seen this thread in GD DodgeeD? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/315224-fm13-steam-says-turkish-version-only-supports-turkish-language-why?p=8090131#post8090131 Seems like the perfect place for you to discuss your issue with the Turkish language thing
There was a new announce I heard... On Retailers like D&R / Vatan Bilgisayar etc... Boxed games will be include all standart languages... (Turkish/English and more)

Also I heard steam added all languages with 5$ raise with price...

Just had a read through the thread Paul (thanks for the link btw) and after trawling through all the trolling, I saw the same message that ozzymanborn did. I would like some official comfirmation (Steam Store is not loading for me atm) but it sounds promising. Perhaps I can put a team together to beat you all in the FMCU chaşşenge after all ;)

Perhaps I can put a team together to beat you all in the FMCU chaşşenge after all ;)

Well hopefully will be a regular thing. I know I'll have plenty of enthusiasm. Not just among the top teams, but maybe FA cup style competitions, and I know that before long I wouldn't mind taking on someone in a head to head series, as I believe is an option.

Archived