Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

Heard today that the reason Lampard isn't getting a new contract is because Roman is angry about the 'old guard' outing AVB (heard this before tbf) and that the only reason Cole got a new contract is because he grovelled. Don't know how true that is, heard it from someone who knows someone who works at the club.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He wants the Utd job lads, sorry.

Heard Paddy Barclay (?) on the radio with Keys and Gary today and he thinks Jose will take the Chelsea job in the summer but only to walk out soon after. Teach Roman a lesson for all his manager firings :D that would be fantastic :lol:

The accepting then walking would be the best thing in football. I would start liking him if he did that :D

Heard today that the reason Lampard isn't getting a new contract is because Roman is angry about the 'old guard' outing AVB (heard this before tbf) and that the only reason Cole got a new contract is because he grovelled. Don't know how true that is, heard it from someone who knows someone who works at the club.

Posted this on Jan 5th

Heard a Chelsea fan talking on the radio yesterday and he was saying that Lampard not getting a new contract has nothing to do with money, playing time or his ability.

It is down to the fact that Abramovich feels let down by the group of playings that includes Terry, Lampard, Dragba etc in the way that they treat the managers he picks. AVB was the last straw.

Cole grovelling :lol:

That table is most goals in a single season in the EPL. Not total. That Fowler stat is incredible. He scored 28 in the league the following season, Christ.

Oh right, you could've posted that then. Thats a stupid stat anyway, which is skewed to make Lukaku better.

The same stat shows that Fowler peaked at 21. Lukaku may never score another goal.

How is it skewed in any way? They're comparing players at the same age as Lukaku. It's a good stat because if you look at the players on that list, he's in very good company. There's no Freddie Sear's or anyone on that list, so it shows he's going in the right direction. The season isn't over yet so he could end up getting to 17 league goals which for a 19 year old at West Brom (where he isn't even a garunteed starter) is a fantastic record. It doesn't mean he's going to be amazing, but it's a very good start to his career over here, and might show the new Chelsea manager he's ready for us.

It's skewed because you (not you) are taking the most favourable stat for Lukaku, why not take goals for a <19 year. He scored none by the way.

That table would look like this:

Owen 18

Fowler 12

Rooney 9

Anelka 6

Lukaku 0

Ronaldo 0

Robbie Keane 0

A better stat would be total goals up to their 20th birthday season.

That table would be:

Owen 37

Fowler 37

Rooney 26

Anelka 23

Lukaku 13

Robbie Keane 12

Ronaldo 9

Well that wouldn't be better because not all would have spent the same amount of time in England. The most goals in a single season is the fairest. It's a decent stat when used in context, like all stats should be (used in proper context).

It's skewed because you (not you) are taking the most favourable stat for Lukaku, why not take goals for a <19 year. He scored none by the way.

That table would look like this:

Owen 18

Fowler 12

Rooney 9

Anelka 6

Lukaku 0

Ronaldo 0

Robbie Keane 0

A better stat would be total goals up to their 20th birthday season.

That table would be:

Owen 37

Fowler 37

Rooney 26

Anelka 23

Lukaku 13

Robbie Keane 12

Ronaldo 9

Well Lukaku had about 30 goals in Belgium since his 16th birthday + a few in the europa league

So I have seen The Sun reckon we have Bony 'in our radar'. Obviously can't be trusted but does everyone reckon he is worth the gamble? I mean for every good player coming out of the Dutch league you have Afonso Alves/Kezman who flatter to deceive. Although I think Bony would be different purely because of his strength.

So I have seen The Sun reckon we have Bony 'in our radar'. Obviously can't be trusted but does everyone reckon he is worth the gamble? I mean for every good player coming out of the Dutch league you have Afonso Alves/Kezman who flatter to deceive. Although I think Bony would be different purely because of his strength.
You also had the likes of Suarez and Ruud van Nistelrooy who came from the Dutch league and were very successful

Ah, no worries. I wasn't being a pedantic arse actually I was just interested if the newspaper said that as I find some odd phrases.

Like, what happened to 'heating'? There is no more 'the atmosphere is heating up here' it's been replaced by 'the atmosphere is hotting up' .. where the hell is heating these days? :D I just wondered if radars were now 'in' and not 'on' as I was warming up a rant :p

There's a couple of others that seem to have been changed from teh old days that I can't recall but it's been bothering me for a while and I didn't want them messing with radars now :mad:

You also had the likes of Suarez and Ruud van Nistelrooy who came from the Dutch league and were very successful

He did say for every good player,there were others not so good. Not that they were all crap.

Bony's been well thought of for a few years and not just because he's had this one season with a ridiculous goals to games ratio, which makes me feel better about the hype. Only seen two (maybe 3) games with him though, so couldn't say myself.

Our youth talent is quite scary. No Ake, yet we are destroying Arsenal currently 3-1. Boga good as usual, going to be a star. Can see the hype about RLC, terrific footballer. On our way to final looks like :applause:

not sure i would describe it as destroying. Have some very good prospects. RLC is truly excellent though.

not sure i would describe it as destroying. Have some very good prospects. RLC is truly excellent though.

In return, Akpom is going to be something else for you. British as well. Bellerin is decent to. Gnabry has been decent but expected more tbh.

Edit: just as I say that he scored a terrific goal.

In return, Akpom is going to be something else for you. British as well. Bellerin is decent to. Gnabry has been decent but expected more tbh.

Akpom is special. Gnabry is also but he hasn't been great bar that goal :cool: I like Bellerin a lot also

Our youth talent is quite scary. No Ake, yet we are destroying Arsenal currently 3-1. Boga good as usual, going to be a star. Can see the hype about RLC, terrific footballer. On our way to final looks like :applause:

I look forward to seeing them on loan at Watford and Fulham in the coming years as they get no opportunities in the Chelsea first team through a procession of managers :thup:

I look forward to seeing them on loan at Watford and Fulham in the coming years as they get no opportunities in the Chelsea first team through a procession of managers :thup:

Come on that's unfair. We can find better clubs to loan them to than Fulham.

So any predictions for the game today? It's one of those that I can easily see going either way, we could thrash them or put in a **** poor performance and lost by two or three. Such an inconsistent team lately we're so hard to predict

So any predictions for the game today? It's one of those that I can easily see going either way, we could thrash them or put in a **** poor performance and lost by two or three. Such an inconsistent team lately we're so hard to predict
Mata out with illness today :eek:

Hmm.

Would normally be a bad indicator, but Hazard has been great the last month or so. Hopefully he'll play well and we won't suffer too much without Mata for one game.

Archived