Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Benitez resting players for the FA Cup? Clearly more concerned about getting silverware (won't happen anyway) to fuel his delusions of competence than the best outcome for the club. Urgh.

Uninterested is exactly the word. The only players that even seem to be trying at all are Moses, Azpi and Marin. Everyone else wandering around aimlessly allowing them too much space. Such a pathetically toothless performance, devoid of any inspiration so far.

Benitez, what kind of dumb **** are you? We are losing 2-1, yes LOSING the ****ing game and you decide to bring on Benayoun when you have Ba waiting????????????????????????? How in God's name does that make sense. You leave Ba on the bench, who already scored 2 on his Chelsea debut against Southampton. What kind of psycho is this manager? This is his way of getting revenge on the fans. So pissed off! At least we have Sunderland at home next week, sure we will win that anyway.

Next season we just need managerial solidarity! Order no.1 please

Half expected this to be honest, in that hyper-pessimistic (but mostly realistic) mood that I suspect grips most people whose team is under Benitez' management. Nevertheless, I'm sort of vindictively pleased to read that Jack Cork had a fine game.

So anyone else getting slightly nervous about this top four spot? I have to say, as poor as we've been under Rafa, I have just taken it as a given seeing as we haven't been out the top four this season.

Looking at the next eight league fixtures though has got me sweating. Four away games we could potentially drop points in and even the home games aren't straight forward. There's no doubt that with the next two games being at home then six points is an absolute must.

If we do take this top four spot then it may well be down to those around us slipping up rather than us doing it the easy way!

I've been nervous about it for ages, we're just so inconsistent and have to deal with crap team selections and baffling substitutions, as well as a bad atmosphere all around the club. I could easily see us slipping out of the top 4 if we carry on this way.

So anyone else getting slightly nervous about this top four spot? I have to say, as poor as we've been under Rafa, I have just taken it as a given seeing as we haven't been out the top four this season.

Looking at the next eight league fixtures though has got me sweating. Four away games we could potentially drop points in and even the home games aren't straight forward. There's no doubt that with the next two games being at home then six points is an absolute must.

If we do take this top four spot then it may well be down to those around us slipping up rather than us doing it the easy way!

I can't imagine we're going to make the CL, we've got games against Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd (away) and Tottenham, there's no way we're not going to drop serious points especially with our fixture congestion. If we'd won today and had a game in hand over Spuds, a five point lead over a slightly resurgent Arsenal and seven over Everton, I'd be quietly hopeful. As it is, there's no plausible scenario to me in which we stay in the top four. Wouldn't even be a surprise if Everton overtook us at this rate.

Archived