Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not all DOF work in the same way, there is the Barca approach which is more collaborative and then the situation where the DOF just goes and buys the players in isolation.

where were you last year when Comoli got sacked? surly yo umust of read or heard what went on.? DOF in this country is new, it's a posh name for a scout in reality... From what Dalglish said Comoli never forced any player on him.. Managers in general dont run the financial side of the game. Mandaric And Redknapp fell out because Harry wanted more money and player, Portsmouth eventually went under as did Leeds, it's not the managers fault it's the directors and accountants. from now on FSG are balancing the books and will only use surplas cash for wages and signing's...

Dalglish identified the targets Comoli completed the negotiations.. Doesnt matter who spent what, how much they sepnt and who's choice it was, between the 2 of them they fecked it up.. As long as Dalglish got the players he wanted and the Club had the funds he didn't care if they payed 10 mill or 100 mill for a player. not all managers are like Wenger at Arsenal. Liverpool have learnt from the over spend.. It's happend to all clubs not just Liverpool. Veron was an expensive flop. not sure Torres is money well spent at 50 mill yet..

there is enough information out there about the comoli and liverpool situation to suggest that he got sacked because he wasted money on large transfer fee's.. Dalglish got sacked for same reason's plus many more..

Sorry wayne, who do you think you are talking to? I am not some 16 year old simpleton.

I know what I DoF is and does and its not as black and white as you make out and in different clubs it works slightly differently. To pretend that all DOF's do exactly the same thing and in the same way is very naive.

And DoF is nothing like scout, nothing at all - now run along.

Sorry wayne, who do you think you are talking to? I am not some 16 year old simpleton.

I know what I DoF is and does and its not as black and white as you make out and in different clubs it works slightly differently. To pretend that all DOF's do exactly the same thing and in the same way is very naive.

although you do act like one.

OH NO.

Iv never said all DOF's act the same. I'm telling you from what i have read and heard Da;glish him self say, Comoli handled the fee's and wages of the players signed at Liverpool hence why Comoli got the sack for over spending on expensive flops.. If they cost 2 mill each Dalglish would of got the sack for other reason's..

simple as that Kido .

Rodgers: Andy has made it clear to me he hasn't played as regular as he wanted, I couldn't guarantee that here. We will replace him.

I better not see Walcott or Sturridge ******** up the place.

i think if we had the cash to spend Rodgers would go for Walcott down the right and Sturridge down the left? they could swop and cut in. does that mean Suarez plays threw the middle tho? ;(

Both of them are less reliable than Suarez to finish. Plus, they don't have the magic moments of Suarez.

Not once has either of them shown they have the ability to get 20+ a season. We need a goalscorer to even contemplate top 4.

Walcott's conversion rate is far higher than Suarez'

Vinny O'Connor just been on Sky Sports saying that basically the reason Carroll has left is because Rodgers didnt want to sell him on the cheap but Carroll wanted games, so a loan was the best deal for both parties, and that the deal allows us to move forward in the transfer market.

**** game. But anyway... joeallenjoeallenjoeallenjoeallenjoeallen etc.

I didn't watch the game as I was at work but was Joe Allen that good tonight? I hope we sign 2 players tomorow a winger and a striker or 2 strikers. Papers linking us with Fernando Llorente which I very much doubt will happen.

Huntelaar is a possibility.

nope, it should be spent on players who fit the system that Rodgers is trying to play. If he wants a creative player in the middle with the threat coming from out wide that he should go for players that meet those needs. It'd be stupid to go and spend way too much on someone like Llorente or Huntelaar if they aren't the kind of players Rodgers wants, just because they have that scoring instinct. Personally I love the idea of a front 3 of Dempsey, Suarez and Walcott. I'd rather have that than signing Defoe just becuase he has that scoring instinct, wouldn't you?

I have concerns with Suarez down the middle due to his shocking finishing.

Suarez should never been down the middle I am surprised he plays there. I thought Boroni was bought to be in the centre and he is a poacher.

nope, it should be spent on players who fit the system that Rodgers is trying to play. If he wants a creative player in the middle with the threat coming from out wide that he should go for players that meet those needs. It'd be stupid to go and spend way too much on someone like Llorente or Huntelaar if they aren't the kind of players Rodgers wants, just because they have that scoring instinct. Personally I love the idea of a front 3 of Dempsey, Suarez and Walcott. I'd rather have that than signing Defoe just becuase he has that scoring instinct, wouldn't you?

Suarez and Walcott can't finish. I know stats will show they score goals but they score 1 and miss 6 chances they are providers. Dempsey would fit the system and can finish. I want us to sign a player that is a poacher someone who stays around the 6 yard box and can finish.

Archived