The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
N4405 13 119 is my seating area, someone can confirm I'll probably have the worst view going :cool:

I used to sit up around there a lot when I was a member years ago, it's high up (hope you don't mind climbing a lot of stairs) but you get a great view of the pitch regardless. I miss the days of going regularly, I remember watching RvN tear Sparta Prague to pieces in the CL once and a very raw Ronaldo absolutely schooling fullbacks after he first moved here. Dammmmn I miss it. Have fun anyway pal :thup:

Also, get on the Metro - Altrincham line, get off at Old Trafford and there you go. I've never been on the bus to Old Trafford, wouldn't even know which service goes there :D

Regarding Fergie's health hasn't he pretty much said himself about being in good health then no problem, bit of a no brainer really.

Did he miss some trips in the summer though as you flew about a fair bit for pre-season and bit of a toll on his old body so didn't keep the same schedule as the rest of the team?

Haha I saw that in the gossip column on the beeb this morning :D First time in ages I've actually laughed at a transfer rumour, probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen

the one about our £40m deadline day bid for neymar was worse. can't remember what paper that was in, the mirror maybe?

the one about our £40m deadline day bid for neymar was worse. can't remember what paper that was in, the mirror maybe?

But that wasn't really a transfer rumour as such, it was a complete bollocks story from some garbage reporter.

I know that could be seen as nitpicking but I hope you get what I'm trying to say

Also, get on the Metro - Altrincham line, get off at Old Trafford and there you go. I've never been on the bus to Old Trafford, wouldn't even know which service goes there :D

Alright. More confident of actually making it now :D Had a browse on the metro site and seems to make more sense.

So I can get on at Picadilly (Assuming this is the train station, yeah?), and direct to OT? No changing trams? (Have never even been on a tram!) Seen a return ticket is only £2.80, bargain. Arriving at picadilly around 1pm, should have plenty of time to get there. However it could be very tight after the match trying to catch the train I want, there's a later one but don't fancy hanging around if possible.

Really want to see RvP play, could be another hat trick if we get our football flowing, and I can't see why not as we're at OT, and generally speaking, tend to knock a few past Wigan. We'll ignore the April result..

Rumours that you guys are going to be singing You'll Never Walk Alone at Anfield. I can't see it myself although you may have a banner saying justice which is still a great gesture. I just hope we can play you days before the Munich anniversary and lay flowers behind the goal or something and end the sick chants.

I love the tense atmosphere, the rivalry even the hatred but I don't see the need and never will see the need for sick chants or fighting because people support a different club.

I guess you guys dont see us as one of the big boys anymore and would rather take points off City, Chelsea than Liverpool.

Closest you'll ever get is United fans singing you'll never get a job. Not a chance they'll sing the proper version, especially the away fans. Don't think people realise how deep the dislike United & Liverpool runs. First time we played each other after the 96 died there was a chorus of 'Where's your famous Munich song?'. That was in response to the years of goading from Liverpool fans.

It's not that people are genuinely happy people died at the various incidents throughout history, it's just an easy way to rule up opposition fans by taunting them about something they have an attachment to.

Closest you'll ever get is United fans singing you'll never get a job. Not a chance they'll sing the proper version, especially the away fans. Don't think people realise how deep the dislike United & Liverpool runs. First time we played each other after the 96 died there was a chorus of 'Where's your famous Munich song?'. That was in response to the years of goading from Liverpool fans.

It's not that people are genuinely happy people died at the various incidents throughout history, it's just an easy way to rule up opposition fans by taunting them about something they have an attachment to.

I remember Liverpool fans (small handful) throwing paper aeroplanes from the kop in early 90s. Majority of fans from both clubs are well behaved it's just a small minority who insist on sick chants.

Nice to hear Fletcher back in the squad.

First impression from that is that Fergie will keep to his word and play a strong side against Gala. Big game for Welbz to show what he can do in his more natural #10 role (hopefully, rather than him wide and Giggs off Hernandez).

It sure is. But I'm worried about this lineup. We always seem to throw away points by putting out weakened sides early in the season, and I'm worried this will be another such case. Wigan will be raring to go with a teamsheet like that. Hopefully just pre-match nerves and the lads will calm me down by half-time. Please? :)

In terms of who we have available that's about as weak a team as we're ever likely to put out. Second choice keeper, a completely untried fullback, two midfielders with question marks over whether they can contribute from the start at this level any more, a winger whose future appears (bizarrely) to be under scrutiny and Welbeck and Hernandez starting without a senior strike partner.

I love Scholes as much as the next man, but there's a risk in playing him against this Wigan side which can commit up to six players in the middle of the park when he's got Carrick and Giggs either side of him and an untried fullback behind him. Can't see him seeing performing for 90 minutes. Would have much preferred any one of the AM options from the bench with Giggs playing inside if required, with Scholes retained on the bench as an insurance and for the Gala game.

Archived