The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

They ARE bad. Haven't you paid attention? :D

He will strengthen them though. He did pretty well in Bolton from what I recall. Would be an odd partnership though. Suarez won't pass to anybody, and neither will Sturridge.

To make the horrible joke that everyone's got on their mind:

It'll be as if they had Gandalf as attacking coach: "You shall not pass!"

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reckon he's just building up to an episode of ubercuntery. How far back do you have to go to find a reputation worthy of restoration, bearing in mind that he was signed during a seven match ban for biting an opponent?
Okay, okay, you were right. :D

Happy with Webb as he is the best ref. Very mid table club thinking to blame the ref before the game has even been played.

And as if Liverpool fans should be talking about ref favouring us after the decision they got yesterday.

it seems we are selling Robbie Brady to Hull for £2m. Seems quite a lot considering he's never even played a game for us...? never united quality i guess but it's alright if we're selling people for £2m when they cant even get into the first team squad.

it seems we are selling Robbie Brady to Hull for £2m. Seems quite a lot considering he's never even played a game for us...? never united quality i guess but it's alright if we're selling people for £2m when they cant even get into the first team squad.

Got a sub appearance at home to Newcastle in the League Cup, and £2.5m is decent deal for him

Bebe scored a winner for Rio Ave, sending them through to the semifinal of the Portuguese league cup. It's certain that he will destroy Porto in the next round.

Various UK papers say that Manchester United are the most likely club to sign Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace.

bbc and various papers keep on banging on about fellaini having a £22m release clause in his contract and the chelsea will be activating that soon. assuming it is for that much surely we would be stupid not to go for him?

That's probably where they would want to use him, and I can ofc see the sense in that. But they have so bloody many central midfielders already they don't exactly need more.

Think he could be excellent for us, but if he goes in this window I can't see us in for him. Especially if our interest in Zaha is real and our hand gets forced into action now. Maybe that's what Chelsea is banking on (though they can of course blow us away with silly wages and/or transfer fees anyway).

Who is Taison? Haven't even heard about him. Then there is Isco. I guess they'll be in for him too! :D

Still not convinced that Fellaini is as good in midfield as he is as centre forward. All the best performances in my memory have been at centre forward. Everton fans will disagree but I would ask why they don't play him in midfield if that is his best position. You don't play your best player out of position.

Because we have no-one who is as good as him to play where he does. Occasionally midway through a game, you'll see Moyes exchange Osman and Fellaini, and Fellaini looks really good playing deep as well. He's a better defensive mid imo.

Indeed. It boggles the mind to think about all that man has done for this club, and won for this club. If there is any player the last 30-ish years that deserve a statue outside Old Trafford, it's Ryan Giggs.

Our shirts was sooooo much better in years gone by though, before we got the huge butt-ugly "AON" or "AIG" across the chest, nevermind the dreaded next one. The design of the shirt simply looked better.

Chelsea aren't a Champions league club :D

In all seriousness it might prevent them from activating the clause in this window.

Glad Nani and Anderson are back. Promising that Anderson has been training for 10 days, can go straight back in potentially. Something like

DdG

Rafael

Ferdinand

Vidic

Evra

Carrick

Cleverley

Welbeck

Anderson

Young

RvP

could be decent.