What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Please do smth with the International Reports. I have lots of players in the U19/U21/Main teams and it is really hard to keep an eye on their performances for their nations with such reports. I want to see more stats in these Reports (like Assists). I want to see a better look of this window - separated by dates (red arrows) and national teams (Main/U21/U19 - blue arrow). It's up to you, SI, to see how to make this window better :thup:

f0zs.jpg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be able to agree to be the manager of a club but from the end of the season even if we're midway through the season, just like Guardiola and Bayern, and even if they have a manager, not just when the club sacks its manager. Also if the manager is retiring it will be nice if we would have the option to apply to take over, or to offer our cv and let the club choose which is the one to take over.

I'd love to see a tactical overhaul where the user is permitted to position his players anywhere on the pitch during every phase of a football match: attacking, defending, goal-kicks (attack and defence), corners (attack and defence), throw-ins (attack and defence), free-kicks (attack and defence), kick-offs (attack and defence). A few examples make me rather moist: defensive midfielders dropping to make a back three while full backs act as wingers; sweeper acts as deep lying playmaker when we have the ball; sweeper bombs forward during counter attacks…

Combined with an advanced set-piece creator per the poster's great idea above, this flexibility and fine tuning would be a dream come true for me. I've played at a few decent levels under some really good tactical coaches and when we did shadow training as it's often called—I used to hate it because it was essentially a walkthrough and I just wanted to play—a common coaching method was splitting the pitch up into quadrants (did anyone play Sensible World of Soccer? I'm pretty sure they did something similar) and walking through the team's shape for each scenario if you will.

To give you an example of one session, the left winger would have the ball at the halfway line on the left touchline, I would be positioned in the "quarterback role" in a 4-3-3/4-5-1/4-1-2-3 (whatever you want to call it)—I was a Deep Lying Playmaker in FM terms—and the winger would roll the ball to me. The next phase would be—all walking, no running keep in mind—right winger tucks in, right full-back advances, right centre midfielder advances diagonally left while left centre midfielder advances diagonally right making an 'x' if you were to draw the paths of motion—designed to drag the opposition midfield out of position—striker drops deep, etc., etc., and then I would be instructed to feed the ball the the right full back and we'd do it all again, you get the idea.

As much as I disliked shadow training it was an essential and integral component of training—especially on defence. I played at a high enough level that we would have scout reports. What that meant is that we would alter our defensive strategy every single game depending on the opponent and system. While we barely deviated from the 4-3-3 when I played for one of my former clubs, it was common for us to defend with a 4-2-1-2-1. Usually, the right sided centre midfielder would drop level with me (two DMs), the left central midfielder would be just ahead of us forming a triangle, the two wingers would push right up on the opposing full-backs, and the striker would 'split' the two CBs. I don't want to get into the discussion as to whether this can be replicated in FM as it stands right now—this is just an example—but I'd love this level of fine tuning and control.

$ 27 000 p/w is salary me as head coach of Celtic in FM 2013. I want to have something like a bank account and shows you exactly how much money you possess now. With the money that you have to be able to buy a football team and at the same time to be a coach and owner of football will be more difficult and fun for yourself. Once the owner of the team you would be able to choose how much to set apart salaries of players and coaches staff and money at their disposal for transfers. Having to choose who's your mentor your team. Can even nominate yourself. Game will be harder and more fun experience will be even more

How do we simulate you being a womanising alcoholic who has blown all his money? Buying a club or any other use of wages will always be the worst ideas that get mentioned & it's quite often people who have just joined the forum, not sure why that is the case.

I really want an option to select which kit the teams wear for each match, from the home/away/third kits. Otherwise, at least improve the color clash recognition. Just now, the game decided that white shirts and black shorts vs. black shirts and white shorts apparently wasn't a colour clash... Also, my team has a really cool third kit that I never get to see. ;)

Allowing to choose away kit at home is not realistic. You can't see that Real Madrid play in black kit at Barnebau in real life. If you are talking about selecting the kit when you play away from home, it is a good point.

Sometimes Chelsea plays at home all blue without white socks in the game. I think even this should be fixed.

Match Engine

I think the guys in SI are moving in the right direction but it needs to be refined. I think the most important thing is to improve the goalkeepers (they're never coming out of the net and they don't foul, so they can't get yellow or red card, they don't cause penalties...) and the movement of defenders and other player in general on the pitch, with and without the ball possession. I think that match engine of FM 2013 could be a great base for improvements.

Transfer Market

The value of the player not only given by his PA and age, but also by his performance, his achievements and the fact that plays for the national team or not and if he won national or international competition with his club (these are all things that have a strong impact on the value of a player IRL).

The transfer market of managers should be way more realistic and it should connected also to the achievements of managers during their careers.

The IA should be improved: the teams should try to buy players that can be useful to the tactics of their own managers, This would improve the game experience, the game would become more "challenging" since also the CPU would do the "right moves" when it comes to the transfer market.

There should be a balance between the offers that the human player receive from CPU for his players and the request of the CPU when the player want to buy a player with similar PA. I'm not able to sell a world class right back for more than 5M of € (with 4 years of contract) while the CPU is asking me 40-50M of € for a player in the same role and with the same age and PA.

The co-ownership in Italy needs to be improved and/or it should be given the option of deactivating it for the italian competitions.

Trainings

The possibility of managing the training session choosing the activities of every day and the possibility of choosing the facilities for training during the pre-season. These were present in a game of the 90s: http://www.kickoffworld.net/Download/Amiga/TheManager/013.gif

Tactics

The possibility to refine the movements of the players during certain phases of the match (possession and not possession of the ball) and the distances between defenders, midfielders and strikers.

Regens

This area needs big improvement in my opinion. It is crucial for the players like me, who like to play long careers. It should give a "future world" as realistic as possible.

Icons and Legends

In the game, the player who become an icon or a legend of the team is always someone who has been elected the best player of the season by the fans, but sometimes there are players who were not absolutely the best players of the team through the years but they became icons or legends: the number of years that a player spend in a team and his loyalty to it, should have an impact on this. The same thing works for a player spending a lot of years playing in the same team and achieving good results with it: in the game the team becomes the favourite team of the player only if one year he has been elected as best player for that team, but this is not at all realistic. If a player spends lot of time in a team or is achieving good results playing in the team, the team should become one of his favorite teams.

Rating of players

Rating of players stills way too depending on the assist and gols: I think it should be possible for a goalkeeper or a defender or a defensive midfielder to have an average of marks as good as a forward or an offensive midfielder; IRL Jashin, Beckenbauer and Cannavaro won the Golden Ball, Baresi, Maldini and Buffon arrived in 2nd and 3rd position (and they should have won it at least once IMHO), while in FM only players that have the best grades and won the golden ball are always offensive midfielders and strikers.

The co-ownership in Italy needs to be improved, there still happens a lot of "strange" things.

Stadium and supporters

It would be cool to add the names of the firms supporting a team and the sectors of the stadiums occupied by the fans of a team (for instance Curva Sud for Milan or Curva Nord for Lazio).

Dynamic League Reputation

All Leagues are now able to lose and gain reputation (upto a cap) i.e if you win the CL with a swedish club 3 times, then the swedish league should get a lot more reputation/finances etc, it also should give the other clubs in the league some sort of increased revenue etc.

Dynamic Player Potential

All players aged between 14-19 are able to lose or gain 10 points of potential, this will be dependent on there development as a youth, once a player reaches he's 19th birthday his potential is locked in.

Full Youth System

Full youth competitions, including cups, european leagues, proper development of youngsters by having some sort of reputation/awards etc from these games, maybe even have a youth career history.

Financial Structure Overhaul

All club finances are even more realistic, with also a dynamic element added, for example individual/bigger tv deals for new clubs when they are promoted etc, and an increase/decrease in these deals as the dynamic reputation of the leagues change.

Youth Player Moulding

the ability to really shape a player into how you want him to play from a young age, to ensure they fit into your clubs system/mentality, perhaps a different range of focuses your club can make.

New Attribute : Long Passing/Short Passing

I feel passing should be seperated into long/short, so that amazing long passers i.e xavi alonso are able to be realised in the match engine better. (for example you could say that arteta is 18-19 in short passing, but maybe 10-12 in long passing, whereas xavi alonso would be 17 short 19 long or so)

Create a Club Mode

a new game mode allowing you to create a club in the lowest league of your choice and you must work your way up(perhaps a classic mode challenge)

Talking with a friend about the usual suggestion of becoming a chairman with the salary earned (which, i feel, is a unrealistic idea and, despite the argument of "you could just don't use it if you don't want to", I would prefer not to be included because it would take time to implant, time that cannot therefore be used on others more realistic ideas), we've tried to find some ideas to use the salary:

- buying clothes, giving a bonus on the relations with the journalists or even the players: in low divisions, a manager in Armani would be strange, but not in Premier League, f.e.

- language learning: let's say you're a belgian manager. Currently, you speak french, dutch an eventually german. That's a good start, but in Italy or in England, it won't help much. With your salary, you could take Italian/English/Chinese/Arabic/... classes. Obviously, it would need a more powerful impact of the languages: if you don't speak the language of the country/town, or the language of the majority of your players, it will be more difficult to be understood by the team. This could be solved by having an Assistant manager speaking both one of your language and the language used by your players, or by the language classes. Even more, teams could refuse to ask you to be their manager just because you don't speak the local language (with the exception of incredible results, as in real life)

In conclusion, i'm ok with using the salary, but only for something realistic. I could be wrong, but i don't remember manager buying clubs, even in belgian amateur divisions.

(Sorry if i'm not clear, i'm definitively not a native English-speaker ^^' )

- buying clothes' date=' giving a bonus on the relations with the journalists or even the players: in low divisions, a manager in Armani would be strange, but not in Premier League, f.e.[/quote']Its quite contrived to assume players/journalist respect you more if you wear Armani. It also doesn't really work, a PL manager can gain more respect from his players than a lower league manager? We have rep for that, and it is all relative. What about a manager of a rich club in a low league, he can then wear his Armani suits and get lots of respect, a bit silly no? What about having to license Armani? What about if I want to wear a blue armani coat or a white one, will you implement a sims style changing room so I can see how it looks? I appreciate the effort, but for me this is just another idea to lump on the pile of "spending wages" nonsense.

Language lessons isn't a bad idea, but IRL they are so cheap for a PL manager's salary that they could just buy every language no? Even though it isn't a bad idea id prefer to just keep the 'spending wages' concept as far away from the game as possible, to avoid any trickling.

To be honest, i also don't want the "spending wages" to be a part of the game. Unfortunately, lot of people don' t seem to think that way, and I guess sometimes you have to give people what they want, even if it's not really the best idea in the history of mankind.

Nevertheless, even if we don't use our salary, i think languages could be more important in the game (and I say it as a Manager who usually play in countries i don't even know a word of the local language).

To be honest' date=' i also don't want the "spending wages" to be a part of the game. Unfortunately, lot of people don' t seem to think that way, and I guess sometimes you have to give people what they want, even if it's not really the best idea in the history of mankind.

Nevertheless, even if we don't use our salary, i think languages could be more important in the game (and I say it as a Manager who usually play in countries i don't even know a word of the local language).[/quote']I agree with you about languages becoming more important, for example I can't pick the languages I can truly speak, but yet the game tells me I can speak one I can't.

I 100% get what you are saying about how sometimes have to give people what they want, but in the case of spending manager wages I'm pretty confident SI can see that the ones asking for such things are the same ones who offer no long term stability as potential customers.

Career earnings are just a score for success, nothing else.

Giving people what they want isn't always positive for a game, a bad idea is still a bad idea even if a vocal minority think otherwise.

I think the buying a club thing is cropping up so frequently- especially from newcomers as Barside has pointed out- because of FM's dominance in the genre. To my knowledge, there's simply not any other current game doing the "running backroom stuff" (except for FIFA Manager?), let alone doing it well. The idea itself is as old as football management games, and it shouldn't automatically be sneered at as a bad approach to creating to a game, as there's clearly some audience for it- in FML, for example, the connection to YOUR club really helped make the game as great as it was.

But, as I said in the other thread, that approach is not FM. That's not the game FM is or has ever been. FM hasn't been developed in that direction, and to do so would mark a sharp departure from the focus on getting a squad together and getting results on the pitch. I doubt it will ever happen, and I really hope it doesn't. But at the moment, FM is pretty much the only player in town. The idea needs another game where that chairman approach is a central feature, where the club is yours.

In FM, you practically are a coach, manager, media spokesperson, director of football, chairman and fan.

The only thing you can't do is hire/fire staff that has a higher rank than manager, or do something with the money you earned.

What I would like to see in FM is to be able to see how many money you made (salary + prize money) and a perhaps a bit more eyecandy in the silverware section.

For me that would be enough in the "sims" direction.

A more advanced editor, which is there, but is buggy right now, would be very nice too.

And of course I would like to see the newly announced Dutch league structure, and all the TV money that the new FOX sponsorship deal brings.

Apologies if I've overlapped any ideas but what would make the game perfect (for me) would be a couple, ok, three things.

1. Tackling getting looked at properly. I know the tackling numbers have always been a bit high but I've had games where a full back has won 17 of 19 tackles attempted. Also many cases of double figure tackling. Probably solved by more blocking and jockeying as opposed to sliding tackles. Anywhere near the 2 to 3 mark for defenders and 4 ish for midfielders on average would be ideal.

2. Team cohesion bars (tempo, width etc) linked to players rather than the team. It seems odd that a new signing can come right into your team and be fluid in your tactics. Not sure how this would be implemented though.

3. Complete media overhaul, I'll bet a pound to a penny this has been mentioned once or twice already though:o

one small thing in the manager profile

Place of Birth

you don't have that and i think it is a small feature that can add a lot to the way the media tells your achievements

for example a liverpool born manager would be easier to accept by liverpool or everton while it would be harder if he moved to manchester utd for example, it would make local regions more important since it would have local favoritism in the region.

just like if you have a regen from the city of the club you manage it says it is good to see local born youngsters in the team maybe something similar to managers with smaller clubs since big teams would want to acquire foreign managers.

We need more 2D grapics when using to build our new formation before the game - in "tactic" section. I wanna see it start from the goalkeeper in left and then in front of him (to the right) is my defenders then midfields and then attackers. All start from left to right on the screen. Can you make that happend?

As someone who lives in Korea, I've got quite into Asian football out here. The playable leagues on the current version of FM just don't reflect the way that the Asian game is progressing. For example Malaysia had a relatively strong league a few years back (when Tony Cottee was playing over there), but nowadays they're not even the strongest SE Asian nation. The inclusion of Indonesia, India etc is obviously fine, but not when its in place of the strongest leagues in Asia. Thailand are an emerging force in Asian club football (with one club reaching the ACL quarter finals this year), and Uzbekistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia (especially them), and Qatar need inclusion. Its been a while since we've seen league changes on FM, but I really think its necessary in Asia now.

Make the online manual compatible with eReaders, at the moment the current method used to access the manual is not user friendly as it requires flicking between windows no the pc/laptop screen, even worse if you're playing in full screen mode.

#1 Game durability:

The longer the play, the easier it gets. (Money-wise) I just exceeded the €800.000.000 transfer budget. With this kinda money it simply get's too easy.

#2 Transfers:

I am still missing the feeling of real negotiations. It has been approved this last edition but still, there is work to be done. I still find it a tad easy and lacking any influence of the players agent.

Lacking the option to buy and loan to the same club in one transaction is something I'm addressing every year. Maybe even loaning out for 2 years.

#3 B-Squad:

(Castilla for REAL for example) I want to be able to address to the staff at Castilla that they should play using the tactics I'm using for the 1st squad.

Some suggestions and comment for 2013/2014

* Will the Financial Fair Play rules includes in next years game?

* The Dutch leagues will have a new TV contract with FOX, starting from 61,5mln Euro next season and will go to 100mln in 7 years. The amount clubs get paid will depend yealry on their results in the league over the previous seasons. 2013/2014 http://www.twentefans.nl/uploads/user_news/stand-tv-inkomsten.jpg

* The Dutch Second League (Jupiler Leahue) will have some drastic changes too. The second teams of Ajax, PSV and Twente will join the Jupiler League in 2013/2014. But there will be different and yet to be determine rules for them regarding the players from the first team squad they are allowed to use in their games, they are not allowed to promote to the First Division and they will automatically demote when their first team relegates from the first Division. Those second teams won't have a budget on their own and can't buy playersw on their own. It's kinda complicated, so your Dutch League experts might have a job you figure all those thing out.

Im not sure if this has been mentioned here, it probably has been. This thread has become huge to even search.

A good addition for fm2014 would be to be able to become Chairman or Director of a club and have certain responsibilites with that job.

Those responsibilities have certain limits but also depend on the player himself. You can be like Roman Abramovich hands on approach and get into transfers or you can be more of an overlook on the club.

Right now I am in year 2023 with Rotherham and still going, but I seem to be more of a Director/Chairman now. I buy/sell players, look for staff too, but I leave the tactics, player selection, and training to my assistant manager as I go on Holiday for most matches. My team is strong enough now to hand it to the assistant. It would be great at this moment to have a more general overlooking job to take the club forward (buy a new stadium, better facilities, look for new manager, where the money need to be invested) instead of being declined by the board most of the time. It seems a nice addition to the game and I would guess it would not need much work on the game mechanics. Just grey out choices you cant decide on as a Director and open up more options available for a Director.

Allowing to choose away kit at home is not realistic. You can't see that Real Madrid play in black kit at Barnebau in real life. If you are talking about selecting the kit when you play away from home, it is a good point.

Sometimes Chelsea plays at home all blue without white socks in the game. I think even this should be fixed.

Point taken about Real, but ultimately it's a purely practical matter- the clash is only for us watching, not the players or referee. If a team had, say, a white away strip and hooped white home kit, I wouldn't hesitate to put Real in black.

Im not sure if this has been mentioned here, it probably has been. This thread has become huge to even search.

A good addition for fm2014 would be to be able to become Chairman or Director of a club and have certain responsibilites with that job.

This has been discussed on this very page.

I agree, would be a great addidtion! When you start as a owner or director you might chose with how many funds you would like to start. Trying to appoint the right Manager, negotiate with the manager about next season goals and priorities, make decisions about stadium expenses or even new stadiums and training facilities etc. Would add a new and refreshing be a reason for me to buy a new FM. Now it's every years a bit more of the same.

Just to tie in with the philosophies expected by the board, it would be nice to have average match stats over the entire season.

For example, I started a game as Burton Albion manager and was expected to play Possession Football. I've won League 2 and the board say they are content with attempts the team makes to play possession football. I'd like a quick and easy way to look at my average possession per match over the course of the season to see if I've achieved to play possession football or not.

It would probably fit quite well in the Fixtures > Analysis section, and would be an option to look at the whole season rather than just an individual game.

The reason I ask for this is that I'm pretty sure the majority of games, I was having at least 50-55% of possession and know I had over 60% in some games, so it's a bit harsh of the board to only be "content".

Now I know I might sound like a 14 year old fanboy, but one of my biggest complains about FM13 is the fact that Ronaldo and Messi never seems to score more than 20-30 goals in the Primera and rarely exceeds 40 goals in total. This is obviously greatly unrealistic.

But it's not because I want to see these numbers of goals in the game. I believe it represents a more fundamental issue - either that AI managers are way to stupid to utilise such marvellous players or that other players (namely defenders) are simply too close to Ronaldo and Messi in their skills. I think it is a combination, and really a lot of attributes distributed to second tier League players are wat inflated in my opinion.

I happen to play quite a lot of CM0102 with recent updates, and on that game, Ronaldo and Messi regularly bangs in these crazy 60-70 figures that they do IRL. I know it's a completely different game and all, but it shows that it CAN be done.

Now I know I might sound like a 14 year old fanboy, but one of my biggest complains about FM13 is the fact that Ronaldo and Messi never seems to score more than 20-30 goals in the Primera and rarely exceeds 40 goals in total. This is obviously greatly unrealistic.

But it's not because I want to see these numbers of goals in the game. I believe it represents a more fundamental issue - either that AI managers are way to stupid to utilise such marvellous players or that other players (namely defenders) are simply too close to Ronaldo and Messi in their skills. I think it is a combination, and really a lot of attributes distributed to second tier League players are wat inflated in my opinion.

I happen to play quite a lot of CM0102 with recent updates, and on that game, Ronaldo and Messi regularly bangs in these crazy 60-70 figures that they do IRL. I know it's a completely different game and all, but it shows that it CAN be done.

It would probably be very difficult to achieve this without completely redoing much of the game, or reassessing all the players. It could be argued that the players a level below the two phenoms are rated too highly to allow the gap between them to be as high as it is in real life, it would be a massive task changing the database to reflect the true gap.

The easiest way would probably be some sort of hidden ppm, 'once in a generation player' (though of course we have two this generation), 'iconic player' or just plain 'freak'. This could tweak some of the variables in the code, ie a 'freak' with 20 finishing would be slightly better than a normal player with 20 finishing. Would still take a bit of balancing though.

This ppm would be very rare for newgens, perhaps once every 15-20 years on average.

That could be a good way of addressing what is a valid point by Yankee112DK, although I'm a bit reluctant to use the comparison with CM0102.

The only thing I would say about johnhughtom's response is that I would also want it to be very had to know these players are there, and even harder to pick them up. What did Man Utd pay for C. Ronaldo? was it like 16 million or something? It should be categorically impossible to get such a player for less, whereas in the game just now 5 star PPA players for top clubs can be got for 1-2 million (although of course not every player).

I've already posted quite a few suggestions over at http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/114200-changes-new-features-you-like-see-football-manager-2014-a-2.html. But this is my latest one (And my favourite):

I'd really like to see their being all different kind of managers, including you when you are offered a contract. So rather than everyone just being a "manager", there would instead be:

1) Head coaches - (Doesn't handle signings or any financial stuff (Which would probably be handled by a DoF.). He can't hire or sack staff either. He simply handles tactics and training. This wouldn't affect the AI too much, but when you are hired as a head coach it would.

2) Managers - The normal, as it is now. You handle everything you currently do on the game.

3) Director of Football - I'd also like to be able to be a DoF, handling transfers and finances, but not the actual tactics or training. Perhaps you could even decide, or suggest, which manager to employ?!

4) Interim Manager/Head Coach - Like Rafa Benitez, you would only be hired for a short term, and you wouldn't have as much say in future transfers. Depending on wether you are an interim manager or interim head coach depends on how much you actually have control of.

More QA done in online play. Stupid bugs that would be caught within a few hours of play always slip through and are never fixed after multiple patches. Me and a friend who play long term games would be happy to help even if you need volunteers!

1. When you currently play online and after finishing your match jump into your buddies game to watch him finish, your menu setup for when you play disappears. So match stats, latest updates etc. all clear. This might sound minute but you then need to launch them all every game so long term it's frustrating as f... It happened in FM12 too.

2. When you play H2H against your buddy, your menus flip. So if you have "YOUR TEAM RATINGS" etc it will then be "HIS TEAM RATINGS" that appear. Again, this happened in FM12 too.

More feedback on what is working and what isn't. I don't know why I'm leaking goals or why I'm scoring goals. The sliders are still unintuitive and they don't say when what should be used. I'm assuming there will never be a "right" way to play but surely there should be a "right" way to play for a certain team/group of players.

Morale system reworked or something because it can cause ridiculous runs both ways. Last season in my Real Sociedad game, in all competitive competitions my W/D/L went 23/3/3 which was great and all... then it went 3/6/12. I went from absolutely cruising into the CL the following season to almost missing out on the EL. Team talks didn't work, altering tactics didn't work and just randomly the team has started on another good streak.

More feedback on board requests (pre-request). Like the likelihood of the request being approved. Not as a percent as that's too easy but just a general scale like how player interest works. "Very unlikely" up to "Very likely" so you can see the progress you are making with the club as you win more matches and appease the fans with signings, the board become more open to approving things. Just as a sub-point though, maybe explain the differences between "we will be left behind by our rivals", "I can't stress how important this is" etc. since right now I have no clue which should be used in which situation.

Team talks are problem some too.

1. When setting an individual team talk, if you hover above an option and click but don't release as you have just realised you accidentally hovered over the wrong one (since the actual hitbox thing is tiny and mistakes very easy to make) then when you do navigate and release onto the correct individual talk, it takes you into the player profile.

2. When setting individual team talks the actual reactions can flip for no apparent reason. For example I say "do this for the fans" then start going through individually saying "I have faith". The players might be "motivated" or "inspired"... then I set the last players team talk and all the other players reactions switch to "seemed confused" or "demotivated" etc.

3. More feedback on team talks. Why did my player "seem confused" at what I said??

Also for the love of God fix throw ins. Just because I don't set up a throw in taker and positions doesn't mean my player will automatically just throw the ball to the opposition every time.

Just as a sub-point though, maybe explain the differences between "we will be left behind by our rivals", "I can't stress how important this is" etc. since right now I have no clue which should be used in which situation.

As far as I can tell, there is no noticeable difference between these. Which brings me to another request of my own: In general, for crying out load, just get rid of all the options that aren't really options. When, for instance, you're asking someone to tutor a younger player, you have a a number of different conversation options to choose from, multiplied by the different voice tones. In my experience, which combo you choose has absolutely no effect what so ever on whether the request to tutor will be accepted. It's the same thing when you're praising or criticizing a players performance, and you have the option to comment on, for instance, number of chances created or the player's passing game. Which of these options you pick has no bearing at all on the player's reaction. In fact, they don't even seem to relate at all to the events of the match, but are apparently just based on the positions a player is able to play in. And this kind of thing is all over the game. It's just fake complexity, basically window dressing.

Integrate FMC into the main game.

Just have a load of options that you can turn on/off at any time to enable/disable 'features' of the game so that the user can play as light or in depth as they choose:

Had enough of press conferences? Off.

Want to switch from a lighter training system to a more involved set-up, now that you have some decent newgens? On.

Swap for a lighter staff set-up and let the AI take care of business, then swap back again when you get promoted.

Start a quick game with just one nation, and add more as you go along.

Don't want to play through that FA Vase preliminary qualifying round against Cloggers Utd? Ask the assistant to take control.

Need to pad out your team in the early stages of a Lower League save? Ask your Director of Football to fill up the wage budget on short term contracts, then make your own decisions in the next transfer window.

I know, I'm a genius. Sorry SI, I'm not looking for work.

Regionalised scouting is also required.

If I'm managing Dover Athletic, it's easier for me to go to Paris than Newcastle to pick up some players. Similarly, in Hamburg it's closer to go to Copenhagen than Munich.

Apologies if this has already been suggested, but...

I'd like to be able to assign training routines. Not like in CM3 or using the old 'modules' system (5-a-side, sprints, pig-in-the-middle etc), but a system where I can assign specific things for certain days. For example, Sundays are rest days (I know you can set this already; bear with me), but I'd want the squad in for 9 o'clock on Mondays for a check-up and post-match debrief. This could possibly tie in to tactical familiarity, affect player confidence in all kinds of areas plus morale, and so on.

The timetable could be split into 1-2 hour long blocks, allowing you to assign certain times for specific activities, i.e. gym exercise for an hour on Wednesdays, match prep for however long on a Thursday and Friday morning, whilst keeping the things simple and few in number: tactical debrief (last match), match prep, physical training (gym or outdoor), technique training, and so on, with no need to assign players or coaches to each things or make specific things for groups of players - it'd just be a timetable, so in a Technique slot, GKs would automatically do their thing with their coach, mids would automatically work on technical skills with a coach, and so on. (It'd also make better use of the coaches' Mental, Level of Discipline, Man Management and other currently underused stats.)

In addition, a second timetable incorporating two games a week could be designed, with the week's training automatically switching between the two accordingly.

Your AssMan and staff could provide feedback on how effective (or not) the timetable was, which would be influenced by their traits.

Overall, I think it'd be more involving than the current set-up, but not as infuriating, long-winded or hard to grasp as the older system(s) could be.

Please stop the meteoric rise of human managers in terms of job applications whilst unemployed.

Sunday League > Histon > Bury > Crewe > QPR in championship (sacked) > Leicster in League 1 (sacked) are all ok, but to then go to Derby in EPL is a joke.

Sunday League > Norwich (sacked in January) > Estoril in 3rd in Portuguese league is a joke.

Sunday League > Xerez shouldn't really happen, given that I almost got them promoted after taking over

Also, after being sacked by Norwich, Guiseley laughed off my application whilst Parma and PSV were flattered to hear from me. What??

I fully realise that it wouldn't be a good idea for FM to make it too hard to get jobs, as most people don't want to have to work around in lower leagues. This is why I think there needs to be a rep LOWER than 'sunday league', which would easily get a job in the BSS/BSN or lowest possible French, German, Italian Spanish leagues, but would never ever get you a job in Spanish Liga adelante. Also whatever casued me to get the Derby job after wining League 2 and then having 2 sackings needs fixed, but I don't have a save. If people were playing with this low rep option, there could be something in-game similar to how there is already at the start of game, where if your rep drops so low you won't get a job in an active league then you get told.

Make or break for me are more possibilities regarding tactics. On/off ball instructions or similar would help a lot in emulating real life tactics.

Examples of stuff that don't work with current tactics:

1. When initiating play, defensive midfielder drops to defence, while central defenders go wide, pushing left and right backs to winger positions.

2. when initiating play with 3 man defence, the 2 outer central defenders go wide and act as right/left backs. (funny thing is, there is already an option for this, but it doesn't work for central players)

Since more advanced tactics possibilities didn't make it in 2013, i'm expecting them in 2014.. don't break my heart SI!

Why is there no "Defensive controlling of the ball" as an option?. Like if I lead 2-0 and are Chelsea and playing versus Reading at home, I want to be able to choose "controlling the ball but not attacking so much". I guess I can change it myself with the classical tactics tho.

If you are a good manager with a good reputation after winning a lot of trophys, then the fans should support your action you take in the club. I know better then them if I need to sell a player.

And dont make the game go to much "The Sims". Those players will leave he game after 1 month. They will see the game as GTA, COD, Battlefield etc and not an Thinking game. Don't support the masses, take care of the core fans.

If you are a good manager with a good reputation after winning a lot of trophys, then the fans should support your action you take in the club. I know better then them if I need to sell a player.

Have you met any football fans?

The fans opinion in the cases of selling players isn't much of a big deal anyway.

Archived