ArsenalFan7

Why is the AI so much better at finishing?

600 posts in this topic

It is, there's something wrong with the game, on a season opener I played as Mu's head coach against Aston Villa, I don't actually have the screenshot, but if i remember right, I had 68% ball possession 42 shots 19 on target and get this, 7 clear cut chances and like 8 half chances compared to Aston Villa's 6 shots 3 on target, 1 half chance, i lost the game 0-1, and at that time my team had the likes of Cavani, Rooney, Dybala, Martial, Memphis, Juan Mata and so much more, but gestede with one shot in the whole game wins it

Honestly guys, i'm as bad as you when i lose on FM. I look for any excuse. I head into the shower and think "bloody game, always making me lose when i should win". But honestly, we all know this isn't the case.

I watch my team Swindon quite a lot irl (yeah yeah, we've been rubbish this year, give it a rest :lol:) and i can't even begin to explain some of the games i've seen. Spending what seems like 85 of the 90 minutes jumping out my seat with my hands on my hand as another shot sneaks wide or the keeper pulls off another wonder save. And then the opposition go up the other end and get a corner, cross it in, goal mouth scramble, bang it in and hold on for a 1-0.

We know it happens irl. So it's going to happen on FM. I've had a ton of games when i've soaked up pressure, watched the computer spurn chance after chance, and gone up the other end and scored a scruffy goal at the end of one of my extremely rare attacks, and held out to win 1-0.

Well done Gamerasaph, making first post to a thread that was started 3 years ago and hasn't been poested in for over 1 year. There is a feedback thread for FM16.

Games like that happen IRL, if that consistently happened to you all the time then it might be an issue, although I would say its a problem with your tactics. Havign games like that as one offs can and will happen, luck plays a part in footbal in the game and in real life. Just brush yourself off and try to win the next game.

Well done Gamerasaph, making first post to a thread that was started 3 years ago and hasn't been poested in for over 1 year. There is a feedback thread for FM16.

Games like that happen IRL, if that consistently happened to you all the time then it might be an issue, although I would say its a problem with your tactics. Havign games like that as one offs can and will happen, luck plays a part in footbal in the game and in real life. Just brush yourself off and try to win the next game.

Also it's a thread that conclusively proved the opposite about the AI. Rather than just reviving it, he would be better served reading it from the top.

No, i think you are wrong. I also have big issue with this. My defenders are NOT out of position and they are NOT nervous. The AI only need 1-2 chances to score a goal, and i need 5-6 chances. So ex. if the match score is 2-2, the AI has only 3-4 chances and i have 10-12 chances, even though my strikers have lot better finishing attr. Very frustrating..

Because when you play the AI with a big team or a team on a massive winning streak, it plays defensively, so the few chances it does get are typically breakaways where your defenders are out of position.

Also, if you are on a winning streak or in a title challenge, your players may be getting complacent or nervous whereas a decent team sitting comfortably in mid-table and expecting, at best, a draw against you will have their strikers under less pressure to score.

No, i think you are wrong. I also have big issue with this. My defenders are NOT out of position and they are NOT nervous. The AI only need 1-2 chances to score a goal, and i need 5-6 chances. So ex. if the match score is 2-2, the AI has only 3-4 chances and i have 10-12 chances, even though my strikers have lot better finishing attr. Its ALWAYS like this, no matter tactic, morale etc. Very frustrating..

No, i think you are wrong. I also have big issue with this. My defenders are NOT out of position and they are NOT nervous. The AI only need 1-2 chances to score a goal, and i need 5-6 chances. So ex. if the match score is 2-2, the AI has only 3-4 chances and i have 10-12 chances, even though my strikers have lot better finishing attr. Its ALWAYS like this, no matter tactic, morale etc. Very frustrating..

Then you need to revisit what you are doing. This thread actually conclusively proved the opposite, within the OP's own save. I suggest reading this thread from the start.

Then you need to revisit what you are doing. This thread actually conclusively proved the opposite, within the OP's own save. I suggest reading this thread from the start.

I cant see how this thread proved the opposite?

I play as Arsenal and just won 2-0 against Everton. I had 28 shoots on goal and just scored 2 goals. Its like this in every time no matter tactics and team morale..

I play as Arsenal and just won 2-0 against Everton. I had 28 shoots on goal and just scored 2 goals. Its like this in every time no matter tactics and team morale..

Post number four in this thread:

It's all about the quality of the chances not the number

Detail your system and we'll get an understanding of your perceived injustice.

Post number four in this thread:

Detail your system and we'll get an understanding of your perceived injustice.

So ALL my opponents have lot of quality chances and i do not? If the match score is 2-2, the AI has only 3-4 chances and i have 10-12 chances, even though my strikers have lot better finishing attr. Its ALWAYS like this, no matter tactic, morale etc. Very frustrating..

So ALL my opponents have lot of quality chances and i do not? If the match score is 2-2, the AI has only 3-4 chances and i have 10-12 chances, even though my strikers have lot better finishing attr. Its ALWAYS like this, no matter tactic, morale etc. Very frustrating..

And the point is they create better chances. I don't see what is so hard to understand?

And the point is they create better chances. I don't see what is so hard to understand?

The point is, how does ALL my opponents create LOT MORE quality chances, no matter which tactic i use, and no matter the morale, player-motivation etc. - I also had this issue in FM15. To win a match, i have to create 4-5 time more chances than my opponnents. And i can see from this thread that i'm far from the only one that has this issue

The point is, how does ALL my opponents create LOT MORE quality chances, no matter which tactic i use, and no matter the morale, player-motivation etc. - I also had this issue in FM15. To win a match, i have to create 4-5 time more chances than my opponnents. And i can see from this thread that i'm far from the only one that has this issue

The OP thought he had the same problem as you.

He crunched the numbers from his save, he did all the calculations himself and proved to himself & everyone else that his impression was wrong.

You should do the same thing, take a season, collect all the data, calculate how efficient the AI teams are against you & then calculate how efficient your team is. If your conversion rate is significantly lower than the AI teams then you need to look at what you are doing wrong.

it's not that your bad at finishing but the opponent goalie is very strong in making miracle saves. i always have one on one opportunities always blocked I have a game where my team Inter lost to Frosinone 0-1 where i have double of both shots outside and shots inside. wherein the second attempt of my opponent inside is the goal winning, and every thing I throw against that team is always saved by their goalie who seems to make saves as miraculous as Neuer or Buffon. The goalie is just 22 yrs old, omg, named nicola leali. It seems that in this game, the goalie is always at advantage agains players, even in one on ones. That's even ridiculous! That is why no matter how much opportunities you make, it would mean nothing, because they just make every goalie very very strong, in order to keep from having high score results.

Might want to read the thread first before making wild, inaccurate statements.

Not a great first post, super-keepers are a myth.

Necropost.jpg

In all seriousness, i do think the finishing is really awful in this version, but it does not affect just you (like people have said the game does not differentiate between player and AI), i see me and the AI miss constantly easy chances. But i can create so many chances (against weaker teams) that i still can score frequently in matches, however it takes the fun out of the game to see a striker clean through and be more surprised when he scores than when he misses.

If you really wanna do something about it try posting in the bugs forum because here is just for discussion. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/447320-One-on-Ones-barely-never-go-in

The ME is so poor that the only way it can represent the AI beating you is from a bog standard rebonded set piece instead of a proper tactical tweak....Even the days of the dreaded switch to 4-2-4 were more realistic!

The ME is so poor that the only way it can represent the AI beating you is from a bog standard rebonded set piece instead of a proper tactical tweak

Why even bother posting wildly inaccurate rubbish like this?

The ME is so poor that the only way it can represent the AI beating you is from a bog standard rebonded set piece instead of a proper tactical tweak....Even the days of the dreaded switch to 4-2-4 were more realistic!

Yes, please don't post this. It's completely false in so many ways.