*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

• Administrators
Big problem.

It has really slowed my game, it takes me a long time to pass a week within the game despite a 5 star estimated speed. Anyone else noticed that and any solutions to make the game more faster. ( I already have min details and fastest processing of matches)

Do you have a very large number of players on your shortlist or perhaps on your national pool? Have you added any custom graphics/skins to your game?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
My game freezes up a lot after the new patch! Several times a week (in game) the game freezes and becomes unresponsive. This happened very rarely on any of the previous patches. Anyone else experienced this?

Similar to what I just posted - you running any custom skins/graphics etc? Have you tried verifying your game cache as shown here? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Is anyone else have issues seeing match ratings now in windowed mode? It's only for attacking mids and strikers though it appears. It seems like the text boxes are smaller. (I did a search and didn't find anything)

Screenshot2012-03-08at102943PM.png

I have this problem on my PC now. (not tried it on my widescreen laptop yet, still waiting for it to be fixed)

But before the patch I could see the player's current in-match rating underneath the shirts on my PC monitor, but since the patch I can't see any.

I assume it's got something to do with the width of the monitor? They must have reduced the space for the ratings now, so smaller monitors can't display them now.

Do you have a very large number of players on your shortlist or perhaps on your national pool? Have you added any custom graphics/skins to your game?

No, everything seems unchanged from the previous patch. The shortlist is normal size but all of the sudden, the speed is really slow.

All in all, so far, so good with this patch. One "minor" gripe. Started a fresh save file with Portsmouth in administration. two things:

1) Is starting to annoy me receiving agent offers for players when I'm still under a transfer embargo. I can't sign anybody, at any price, so why do I still get offers?

2) Every 4 weeks it seems, I'm getting the "restructuring debts" news, and even a new CVA. I understand FM levels out finances, but still...I need a tycoon quickly!

Similar to what I just posted - you running any custom skins/graphics etc? Have you tried verifying your game cache as shown here? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

I have done the verify game cache three four times now, is this supposed to make steam perform a new download for FM after every time it finishes??

and it didn't help with my game freezing up almost every time i hit continue...

I don't use any custom skins, but do have player pictures, logos and kits..... Any suggestions?

• Administrators
I have done the verify game cache three four times now, is this supposed to make steam perform a new download for FM after every time it finishes??

and it didn't help with my game freezing up almost every time i hit continue...

I don't use any custom skins, but do have player pictures, logos and kits..... Any suggestions?

It just re-checks and potentially downloads any missing files (along with some files which were already there).

• Administrators
All in all, so far, so good with this patch. One "minor" gripe. Started a fresh save file with Portsmouth in administration. two things:

1) Is starting to annoy me receiving agent offers for players when I'm still under a transfer embargo. I can't sign anybody, at any price, so why do I still get offers?

2) Every 4 weeks it seems, I'm getting the "restructuring debts" news, and even a new CVA. I understand FM levels out finances, but still...I need a tycoon quickly!

Within the news item you can change it so you don't get offered any players for 'fee's' or any players at all.

• Administrators
So again what's up with French teams having no money?

What all French teams? Is it not that in real life the majority of French club spent their 'real life' budgets in August then January so don't actually have any further funds to spend? Really could do with more details on this one, thanks.

It just re-checks and potentially downloads any missing files (along with some files which were already there).

Well for me the game is virtually unplayable because off all the "not responding"-freezes every time the game loads... Should teach me to not automatically keep the game up to date i guess??

I have just had a massive problem occur on my first game on the new patch. I have two players loaned out at other clubs who are underachieving or at least doing badly. I am playing as Wolfsburg and the players are Tuncay at Bolton and Ja-Cheol at Augsburg. They have just come to me complaining about the club underachieving. Before the patch came out they obviously would've gone to their current clubs rather than to me about this. I don't want relationships with my players or their future interest in them staying with me after loan periods to be destroyed due to this. Has anyone else reported this? Is it in the process of being fixed? Do you need screenshots? If you do need them how do I take them and post them on here?

Big issue for MLS:

Prior to the patch, the game would recognize when you no longer had any Designated Player slots available to offer players. Players/agents wouldn't ask for DP contracts if you weren't able to offer them one. Post-12.2, however, I've looked at two players on my team to enter contract negotiations with (to extend their current deals.) Despite already having 3 Designated Players on my squad, each player is asking for a DP contract (which I'm apparently able to offer- I'll do a quick test to see what happens.) One player is "waiting to see what I offer" and, when I select the first wage available to offer him, it reads -$83 per year. Yes, he'd be paying ME to play!

Update: received a news item stating that I couldn't renew the contract due to DP limits. Noticed a handful of players asking for DP contracts if I approach them to extend their contracts...and quite a few others that are suddenly asking for bonuses to be included in their contracts, which had never happened before the patch (now in 2018.)

Please, please let there be a way to remove this patch, or else my game is ruined!!!

One more question I forgot earlier.... Have other players noticed their news feeds having insane amounts of useless information? It's almost like checking my old hotmail account when I saw spam everywhere. I would estimate that I received around 20-30 new messages each time I click "continue" and very few have anything to do with me. I've reduced the settings to the minimum possible including turning off international team news and any competition that I am not in but am still receiving crazy amounts.

might be against the mold here but can i ask for a non steam version to be available next year... ive had nothing but problems from this years version.. put aside the problems with the last patch but this patch i was playing offline, noticed the new patch.. quit game and went online... downloaded patch.. waited.. went offline.. couldnt start game.. restarted machine.. chose to go online.. started trying to download steam.. stopped right away.. said steam was unavailable, after restarting numerous times it then started the download for footy manager again.. so frustrating

im now downloading for the second time.. unknown to wether this one will work

wish we could register to validate our copy then download the patches individually... far less problems this way

Hi

Don't know if this is right section to post, but...

Is it me or since 12.2 something happend with scouts reports??? I mean-there's none. Player appear to be scouted-but no report is present. Just blank page saying that "you need to ask your stuff to scout etc." ,wich has been done and stars are there! Bug? Or am i missing something?

Thanks for answer.

There is a space before the "M" in Melbourne Heart FC which means their name always appears shifted to the left one space. It's quite annoying once you see it. Easily sorted in the Editor. Sadly, I started my game before I knew of this.

I am finding the whole patch to be weird tbh. I was just fired from Wolfsburg for being in mid table at the end of October with no warnings. We've played not even half a season and tbh the team usually finishes mid table IRL and the objective was only Europa League. We had a slow start losing 4 of the first 5 games (other game was a win) but since then have been awesome beating the likes of Werder and Hamburg and hadn't lost in ages. Then we slipped up vs Dortmund away only going down 1-0 (not bad considering how awesome their squad is on FM compared to mine) and was fired. This type of thing never used to happen before the update, especially considering I had my reputation as former German international, which always seems to guarentee time to turn things around if you have a bit of a slow start.

There's an issue with the Greek League and I believe Hungarian displaying foreign players incorrectly when loading an an old save in the latest code. Starting a new game with Bayern you'll be fine.

The issue is a big one since we (people that manage a Greek Superleague team) cannot continue a previously saved game, we have to start a new game! The problem is that the new patch doesn't treat EU nations as EU for the Greek Superleague. Does SI know something about EU kicking out Greece from EU? :)

Anyway, I personally don't want to just start a new game, and I am sure a lot of Greeks just want to continue playing their old saved games! Is there any possibility to have the option to move back to the 12.1.1 patch or re-release it? A lot of us we were happy with just that...

When I try to load up my 7 season save everything is fine but when I click "continue" it crashes ...I get the "serious problem" messege.

I have tried reinstalling the game and Verify Game Cache and it's still the same. I don't have any custom skins installed and I have not used fmrte.

I don't know if you will see this post ( :) ) but try to go on holiday for one day (to skip pressing continue by yourself) and than carry on with your save and see if it will happen again.

Scouting cost is completely out of wack in BSP england after the patch. I went from 25K per year to 135K per year without changing any scouting assignments from previous season. The patch got installed with 1/3 of the season to go and it is costing me 36K per month. It's my main expenditure right now.

Two scouts assigned to roam UK&Ireland with Maidenhead in BSP

Have some problems I found in the k-league regarding transfers.

After looking at Jeju United they are still missing the Australian centerback Adrian Madaschi.

On a side note Junior Santos who was one of the top goal scorers on Jeju and in the k-league last season is still just as horrible as in fm 2011, I was hoping this would have been fixed in 2012 but just seems to be ignored....

Hoping some one can can at least take a look at this would make the game that much better! :)

Big issue for MLS:

Prior to the patch, the game would recognize when you no longer had any Designated Player slots available to offer players. Players/agents wouldn't ask for DP contracts if you weren't able to offer them one. Post-12.2, however, I've looked at two players on my team to enter contract negotiations with (to extend their current deals.) Despite already having 3 Designated Players on my squad, each player is asking for a DP contract (which I'm apparently able to offer- I'll do a quick test to see what happens.) One player is "waiting to see what I offer" and, when I select the first wage available to offer him, it reads -$83 per year. Yes, he'd be paying ME to play!

Update: received a news item stating that I couldn't renew the contract due to DP limits. Noticed a handful of players asking for DP contracts if I approach them to extend their contracts...and quite a few others that are suddenly asking for bonuses to be included in their contracts, which had never happened before the patch (now in 2018.)

Please, please let there be a way to remove this patch, or else my game is ruined!!!

I highly second this post! This ruins any chance of playing the MLS.

I have this problem on my PC now. (not tried it on my widescreen laptop yet, still waiting for it to be fixed)

But before the patch I could see the player's current in-match rating underneath the shirts on my PC monitor, but since the patch I can't see any.

I assume it's got something to do with the width of the monitor? They must have reduced the space for the ratings now, so smaller monitors can't display them now.

I have this problem on the laptop too......is there anything we can do SI?

So again what's up with French teams having no money?

Well, few French clubs have large transfer budgets to start with IRL.

I actually feel some tranfers are a little unrealistic after a couple of seasons, for example Lens spending 10 million euros on one player.

BTW, I've just been promoted with Tours to Ligue 1 in 2015 without buying a single player (only free transfers)!

Good evening, everyone.

Are the reminders fixed? Can I use them now? I seems that in my old savegame it doesn't work.

Apparently not, I've just started a new game, and reminder dates disapear as soon as I save a note. I havn't advanced the game to one of the dates I entrered, so I may still get the reminder, but I'm not optimistic.

Right this really is silly.

Di Matteo sacked after 5 matches with Chelsea 15th.

Van Gaal takes over, 5 games later he is sacked with Chelsea now 10th.

Meanwhile over at the FA, and Pearce is sacked after 1 friendly against Holland and two qualifiers. Replaced by Villa Boas, who after drawing the first game is listed as very insecure!! But no he doesn't get the sack as he quits and replaces Van Gaal at Chelsea! New England Manager is now Roy Hodgson, sacked earlier by West Brom, replaced by a sacked Sam Allyadice at the Hawthornes, who is already listed as very insecure.

I am noticing that nearly all managers are insecure upon taking a new job.

What a surprise, any comments about the game AI, are ignored by SI Games! This is the area that needs improving, not the match engine. Unrealistic managers, managers not developing their squad, etc, is in mine and a lot of people's opinions on here, spoiling the game. Dave C, wrote a superb post on why LLM is badly neglected and ruined by the AI, but was ignored by SI. Stop buring your heads in the sand guys, these issues have been going on for years and the game wont advance until they are looked it! Really disappointed!

What exactly has this patch changed?....

Yes, I've read the 'change list' thing but to be honest, I've played for just over two hours under the new patch and apart from my BSN scout costing me 4 times what he used to cost me I can't see any difference what so ever (yet). The transfer market still sucks and no-one buys any players off you, I've just had 6 first team players go out for very long periods before the season even started, freekicks, throw-ins, crosses and control of the ball near the touchline are all still crap and fullbacks still wonder out of position........ Was it really worth the long wait?

Is there any way of going back to the previous patch? At least then I wont end up bankrupt through over paying for scouting.

Hi Henry, thanks for the response! In other words the GA player himself isn't being included in the salary cap. However, now that he has returned from loan, they are pushing either an Academy Apprentice or Developmental player out of the 6 potential off-budget slots. This would certainly account for why the value increase is along the lines of the contract worth for those players. Surprisingly this part makes total sense to me as I follow MLS closely and, however crazy the rules are, they are starting to become second nature.

I'm still a bit confused as to why the GA player would not have been considered one of the 6 while out on loan since I loaned them to a feeder club (Montreal) and was therefore covering the salary 100%. Wouldn't this mean that the GA player had been one of the 6 the entire time?

Almost certainly that is what should have happened so this definitely sounds like an oversight. Thanks for the info, I'll see if we can get that fixed in the future.

I can't open the editor any more it goes green on start up and you can see a picture of someone holding a ball in the background but its all grren like grass and I can't load any thing up this has happen since stream update today.

• Administrators
I am finding the whole patch to be weird tbh. I was just fired from Wolfsburg for being in mid table at the end of October with no warnings. We've played not even half a season and tbh the team usually finishes mid table IRL and the objective was only Europa League. We had a slow start losing 4 of the first 5 games (other game was a win) but since then have been awesome beating the likes of Werder and Hamburg and hadn't lost in ages. Then we slipped up vs Dortmund away only going down 1-0 (not bad considering how awesome their squad is on FM compared to mine) and was fired. This type of thing never used to happen before the update, especially considering I had my reputation as former German international, which always seems to guarentee time to turn things around if you have a bit of a slow start.

Do you have a save game before you were fired? If so I'd suggest creating a thread in the bugs forum and uploading the save game to the FTP so we can take a look. Bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/240-Football-Manager-2012-Bugs-Forum

FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276528-FTP-Instructions

Thanks.

• Administrators
new update has made match engine speed go really slow (even on highest speed). Any advice??

Try verifying your game cache - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Also make sure you're not running any custom graphics/skins to make certain it's not those causing it. Then make sure you're running the latest graphics card drivers for your graphics card. Let me know if any of this helps.

might be against the mold here but can i ask for a non steam version to be available next year... ive had nothing but problems from this years version.. put aside the problems with the last patch but this patch i was playing offline, noticed the new patch.. quit game and went online... downloaded patch.. waited.. went offline.. couldnt start game.. restarted machine.. chose to go online.. started trying to download steam.. stopped right away.. said steam was unavailable, after restarting numerous times it then started the download for footy manager again.. so frustrating

im now downloading for the second time.. unknown to wether this one will work

wish we could register to validate our copy then download the patches individually... far less problems this way

Check your "league" subscriptions, I've found if, for example, you start as a premier league club you are automatically subscribed to every top division in a league you have loaded.

What a surprise, any comments about the game AI, are ignored by SI Games! This is the area that needs improving, not the match engine. Unrealistic managers, managers not developing their squad, etc, is in mine and a lot of people's opinions on here, spoiling the game. Dave C, wrote a superb post on why LLM is badly neglected and ruined by the AI, but was ignored by SI. Stop buring your heads in the sand guys, these issues have been going on for years and the game wont advance until they are looked it! Really disappointed!

Totally agree with you! ......and you've been ignored again....hahaha!

This patch has not fixed any of the most important failings at all, all it's done is update the data and fixed a few of the issuses that don't even come in to play in my save.

Totally agree with you! ......and you've been ignored again....hahaha!

This patch has not fixed any of the most important failings at all, all it's done is update the data and fixed a few of the issuses that don't even come in to play in my save.

Guys this will take more then just a patch to get right, and no im not defending SI as i agree with you but these sort of fixes will require new code etc which im sure we'll see in fm13 etc

• Administrators
I have downloaded the patch, but things like flags, player images, the kits on the tactics page and even players that don't have pictures the grey silhouette aren't appearing.

Any help would be grateful!

Verify your game cache as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Then make sure that when the game loads up, in your in-game preferences that 'use skin cache' is ticked under display and sounds.

There is a space before the "M" in Melbourne Heart FC which means their name always appears shifted to the left one space. It's quite annoying once you see it. Easily sorted in the Editor. Sadly, I started my game before I knew of this.
You can change club names with *.lnc-files. Afaik it should work with already started savegames. I don't know the details but simply do a search on the internet :thup:

Guys this will take more then just a patch to get right, and no im not defending SI as i agree with you but these sort of fixes will require new code etc which im sure we'll see in fm13 etc

It's been 5 year's with no acknowledgement or changes, and the new features and moral tweaks just seem to make it worse! For me buying FM12 has been a complete waste of money as its totally unrealistic. I've gone back to CM01/02 with an up to date database, as it is more fun to play and more realistic as well. I've bought every game in the series, going back 20 years, and I buy FM13 as well, but if they start pod casting in September over a new interface and better press conferences and ignore the AI again, it will be my last.

I expected to be ignored, or get a patronizing request to upload a save game they won't look at! Last 5 years have made me cynical, like posting two years ago about Man Utd picking a reserve team to play in the champions league semi, and still doing it now! AI managers are shot to bits.

I'm not going to start shouting the odds or arguing with anyone but we've been hearing that since about FM 2009 wally, it's always going to be fixed in the next game !

Archived