Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

He is NOT talking about resigning sacked staff !

offer a contract to a staff --> if the board cancels it then you can NOT offer this person a contract again! even if you sack allll your staff !

YOU GUYS FROM SI SHOULD PLAY THE GAME BEFORE TALKING OUT HERE !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
banners dont even flash now when a goal goes in, and 3d still jerky .. jesus unreal this

You can adjust that in preferences. You have a chekbox called "Enable flashing text" or something like that... (if you are speaking about commentary flashing)

offer a contract to a staff --> if the board cancels it then you can NOT offer this person a contract again! even if you sack allll your staff

***It takes to long before you can offer a contract again if this happens***

"Being able to adjust your transfer budget while offers were in - The issue was you could bid for the player, get it accepted, adjust to more wages to get his contract, lower the wage budget again to sign other players, and end up way over your wage budget. While now you can not adjust it while that contract offer is in, makes sense to me."

*** The ideal way to solve this would simply be , to not allow you to go over your maximum wage budget period but still be able to adjust your budget at ANYTIME (not only when no active offers are on the go, within the boards limitations i.e. lower your overall wage budget to allow more transfer money or vice versa while not exceeding the boards limitations ***

offer a contract to a staff --> if the board cancels it then you can NOT offer this person a contract again! even if you sack allll your staff !

YOU GUYS FROM SI SHOULD PLAY THE GAME BEFORE TALKING OUT HERE !!!!!!!!!!

The only reason for the contract being withdrawn is if the vacancy did not exist in the first place (no spare slots), if that was the case then I would not want to speak to the idiot who offered me the non-existent job first time round.

Some of the changes in this patch have closed exploits & given balance to aspects of the game that did make it far too easy.

*** The ideal way to solve this would simply be , to not allow you to go over your maximum wage budget period but still be able to adjust your budget at anytime within the boards limitations i.e. lower your overall wage budget to allow more transfer money or vice versa while not exceeding the boards limitations ***

I'm fairly sure that is what SI have done, the budget can still be adjusted once any pending deals have been finalised.

Because they can't do better...

watch out they will give you an infraction/ban like they did for me and many others because WE ARE VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED

You were given an infraction for advocating piracy, an infraction that usually earns 30 points and a one week ban. However, because we know how frustrated some people have become we have been lenient in a few cases.

That needed to be clarified.

The only reason for the contract being withdrawn is if the vacancy did not exist in the first place (no spare slots), if that was the case then I would not want to speak to the idiot who offered me the non-existent job first time round.

Some of the changes in this patch have closed exploits & given balance to aspects of the game that did make it far too easy.

I'm fairly sure that is what SI have done.

It sounds like a genuine bug, and if it is it should be posted in the bugs forum​.

I'm fairly sure that is what SI have done, the budget can still be adjusted once any pending deals have been finalised.

***Which is exactly what I am saying it shouldn't be the case , you should be able to adjust it anytime within the boards limits Not just after an active deal has been completed***

3 Premier league games in 3 days for every team in late December?! wtf!

Can you report this in the bugs forum please?

Also does anyone know why after I make a sub the screen automatically goes to the 3d pitch screen untill the ball goes out of play? Then it reverts back to my normal screen (I view commentry only)

This has been mentioned a few times and I believe it's under review. There should be a thread in the bugs forum if you'd like to read more about it/add your own experiences to it.

:thup:

This was a game patch only, no db updates right?

Just hard coded stuff?

I ask because I know Greek expenditures were fixed to avoid clubs losing unrealistic amounts of money and I was wondering whether this would update itself in my current game or if I needed to start a new game for the fixes to work.

Any insight on this?

I ask because I know Greek expenditures were fixed to avoid clubs losing unrealistic amounts of money and I was wondering whether this would update itself in my current game or if I needed to start a new game for the fixes to work.

So many jokes about Greek financial policy/culture.

Must. Resist.

;)

After updating to version 12.1 has ceased to give pleasure to play and it became a barracks...

Skipping the fact that the winning of any English team in European competition has become impossible.

While in the previous version 12.0.4 Legia Warsaw won the Manchester United in the Champions League group (2-0 away and 4-1 at home), then on the same save game despite the dismal morale of Manchester is impossible to win them a much better Shachtar Donetsk...

The best run of my players as ***, where someone first time in his life he threw the ball into play, act like dumb totally no idea about the game of football...

In addition, strangely enough, key players related injuries before key matches, or during those matches, and if they are not "excluded" from the game, they play so that it gets sick, even the children are from them a better note! This is sick!

I do not want to listen to the talk that I have a bad tactic. One-Man Utd match was played several times Shachtar! Each time the result was the same, regardless of tactics! Bought Navas (so far the best player in the club) plays tragically, Douglas Costa - injured during matches, plays poorly, moreover, too, like the other leading players. The results? Of course - always wins Man Utd. This is realism? It is a mockery!

Oh and the funniest, before the match Man Utd has low morale, compared with my team should not have a chance, but they have, and how...

In this version of the game which in fact result obtained FC Basel, in this game has not passed... Thanks you for this! England is proud of you. Heh...

The previous version (12.0.4) had the charm, that (12.1.0) is suitable only to remove from your computer once and for all...

Not suitable IS SOMETHING in the game. Thanks...

I would only be able to return to version 12.0.4.

Why isn't possible??

• SI Staff
If I send you my save game.can you fix it just to my save game

As explained previously, the competition formats and schedules are formed when creating a new game and so any changes will only work with any new games started with the latest Update. I'm afraid no matter how many times you post about your issue, the current situation will not change.

Its completely broken the game for me. I'm looking for any way I can go back to 12.0.4. I lose one game and my player morale goes in the toilet, my team talks/team meetings have no positive effect ever. I'm done until at least 12.2, maybe I'll go back to FM11.

Does this happen all the time? Does it happen when you begin a new game? Does it happen to everyone?

Still hard to sell players on the 12.1 patch.

I'm sick to death of the 'x teams are interested in the played, but they feel the players wage demands are in excess of what they are willing to pay'

I wouldn't care if they actually were, I don't class 6k a week for a 4 star Championship player unrealistic.. plus I'm sure the AI could get the player's wage demands to come down abit.

I mean if we can negotiate, and get the players asking wage to come down after a few offers. Then surely the AI would be able to do this aswell.. but they never even bother trying.

And it's not lower league teams coming out with this crappy excuse- you have wealthy Southampton saying it, along with Hull.

nB0aa.jpg

I've only been able to sell one player so far, Lee Grant. And I kept getting a similar message about him, in the end, I received only 1 non negotiable offer of 500k from West Brom. (His value was £1.2 million at the time)

I had to accept this, because I was getting no offers at all. Just the same old inbox message, saying loads of teams were interested, but the wage demands were in excess of what they wanted to pay.

Edit:

I'm also offering the player out for just £80k at the moment (I've been offering him out at a lower price each time I get no offers, untill somebody finally bids for him) at this rate, I can see me getting down to £0 before anybody makes an offer. (his current value is £375k btw.)

I'm sorry if this has been posted already, I don't have the time to look through the forums, but it's a pretty obvious bug and annoying.

The scroll on the right side doesn't exist so you can't scroll down and see the results at the bottom if you are using the advanced view.

Here is the screenie:

41142463.th.jpg

Still hard to sell players on the 12.1 patch.

I'm sick to death of the 'x teams are interested in the played, but they feel the players wage demands are in excess of what they are willing to pay'

I wouldn't care if they actually were, I don't class 6k a week for a 4 star Championship player unrealistic.. plus I'm sure the AI could get the player's wage demands to come down abit.

I mean if we can negotiate, and get the players asking wage to come down after a few offers. Then surely the AI would be able to do this aswell.. but they never even bother trying.

And it's not lower league teams coming out with this crappy excuse- you have wealthy Southampton saying it, along with Hull.

nB0aa.jpg

I've only been able to sell one player so far, Lee Grant. And I kept getting a similar message about him, in the end, I received only 1 non negotiable offer of 500k from West Brom. (His value was £1.2 million at the time)

I had to accept this, because I was getting no offers at all. Just the same old inbox message, saying loads of teams were interested, but the wage demands were in excess of what they wanted to pay.

Edit:

I'm also offering the player out for just £80k at the moment (I've been offering him out at a lower price each time I get no offers, untill somebody finally bids for him) at this rate, I can see me getting down to £0 before anybody makes an offer. (his current value is £375k btw.)

What your not counting for is the fact its 1st season, at the point your playing every team has already spent their budget for that year, so very few teams have any room to add players by that point, they have done it already in the summer, so yes you will struggle badly to shift your dead weight first season, during the first window, over the years as teams make more money they are far more willing to spend.

After updating to version 12.1 has ceased to give pleasure to play and it became a barracks...

Skipping the fact that the winning of any English team in European competition has become impossible.

While in the previous version 12.0.4 Legia Warsaw won the Manchester United in the Champions League group (2-0 away and 4-1 at home), then on the same save game despite the dismal morale of Manchester is impossible to win them a much better Shachtar Donetsk...

The best run of my players as ***, where someone first time in his life he threw the ball into play, act like dumb totally no idea about the game of football...

In addition, strangely enough, key players related injuries before key matches, or during those matches, and if they are not "excluded" from the game, they play so that it gets sick, even the children are from them a better note! This is sick!

I do not want to listen to the talk that I have a bad tactic. One-Man Utd match was played several times Shachtar! Each time the result was the same, regardless of tactics! Bought Navas (so far the best player in the club) plays tragically, Douglas Costa - injured during matches, plays poorly, moreover, too, like the other leading players. The results? Of course - always wins Man Utd. This is realism? It is a mockery!

Oh and the funniest, before the match Man Utd has low morale, compared with my team should not have a chance, but they have, and how...

In this version of the game which in fact result obtained FC Basel, in this game has not passed... Thanks you for this! England is proud of you. Heh...

The previous version (12.0.4) had the charm, that (12.1.0) is suitable only to remove from your computer once and for all...

Not suitable IS SOMETHING in the game. Thanks...

I would only be able to return to version 12.0.4.

Why isn't possible??

So what your saying you should be able to easily beat united with Shaktar because you have better moral?

What your not counting for is the fact its 1st season, at the point your playing every team has already spent their budget for that year, so very few teams have any room to add players by that point, they have done it already in the summer, so yes you will struggle badly to shift your dead weight first season, during the first window, over the years as teams make more money they are far more willing to spend.

Yeah I understand that, but it's frustrating when you get teams interested but saying the wage demands are in excess of what they want to pay.

On my last save, I got this every season(up to 2027)

I decided to start a fresh game on the new patch, to get the most out of all the new changes.

I hope your right and it's just because it's the first transfer window.. abit worrying that they are coming up with the same 'wage demands' reason.

But I'll give it time(a couple more seasons) and hopefully I will get less of these messages, about players on 800-6k a week (which I have had before).

Yeah I understand that, but it's frustrating when you get teams interested but saying the wage demands are in excess of what they want to pay.

On my last save, I got this every season(up to 2027)

I decided to start a fresh game on the new patch, to get the most out of all the new changes.

I hope your right and it's just because it's the first transfer window.. abit worrying that they are coming up with the same 'wage demands' reason.

But I'll give it time(a couple more seasons) and hopefully I will get less of these messages, about players on 800-6k a week (which I have had before).

It will be the games way of saying that the teams who are interested cannot afford the players wages at that time because of what i already said.

It will be the games way of saying that the teams who are interested cannot afford the players wages at that time because of what i already said.

What even in July 202, I was Bournemouth in League One and I was offering out a player on £160 a week for zero £0?

The 3 teams Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Kidderminster all had more than 6 players on £1k a week, some on over £2k a week.

So I don't see how a player on £160 a week would be in excess of what they are willing to pay... so I don't understand how your defending this Milner?

KboAs.jpg

LLHBn.jpg

RD54I.jpg

vaFE1.jpg

His rating showed he would become a good league 2 defender too, and 2 of those teams were only in the Conference and Shrewsbury WERE in League 2.

I also took over Shrewsbury. (I saved the game before, added a new manager) to check if they were over there wage budget.

As this would have explained why they were not bidding... but they were well under there wage budget.

I still don't understand what are the major problems this patch has introuduced. Has any of the problems (like morale dropping illogically) have been confirmed? I don't want to start a new game and do all the initial work if the game has serious bugs like that.

Can someone please shed some light to this?

The news screen says its above what their willing to pay for that player, not that they have no money left to spend, i wouldnt touch that player as far as i could throw him, its good to see the AI has at least some sense when it comes to signing players.

No read again, it says they feel the players wage demands are in excess of what they are prepared to pay.

Despite having players on over £1k aweek, and he's rated that he would be a decent player for most League 2 teams.

And 2 of these teams are in Blue Square Premier, with Shrewsbury in League 2. I'm not trying to sell them to Man Utd or Aston Villa or something.

And I am offering him out for £0, I'm not asking for any money for him.

£160 for a Conference player is more than realistic, looking at the wages in the Blue Square Premier at the time, it was well under the average wage.

If the message said, no bids received because no teams are interested.

Or no team is willing to bid because he's not good enough, then fair enough I would have no problem.

But when it gives me 3 specific teams, that say that the players wage demands are in excess of what they are willing to pay.. when their average wage is £800-900 and the player is on £160 a week, I find it abit strange.

So what your saying you should be able to easily beat united with Shaktar because you have better moral?

Better squad, better tactic, better players (some), and if I played some about ten(!) the same match (save/load) to test this situation and every time I lose 0-4 and above (0-3 was the small lose), that something is wrong... why in previous version (12.0.4) I can won my Legia Warsaw two times with Man Utd and in the same save game I lost much better team Shachtar I lose at 12.1?

why teams/talk doesn't work?

why allways MUST winning a Man Utd?

If I played ten time the same match, if I won only one game, that'll be ok.

why every time my the best players, are the worst in this match or injured?

every time? not one, not two but ALWAYS!

every time I've changed the tactic, the teams talk and the result is - Man Utd winning - of course.

yeah this is realistic...

No read again, it says they feel the players wage demands are in excess of what they are prepared to pay.

Despite having players on over £1k aweek, and he's rated that he would be a decent player for most League 2 teams.

And 2 of these teams are in Blue Square Premier, with Shrewsbury in League 2. I'm not trying to sell them to Man Utd or Aston Villa or something.

And I am offering him out for £0, I'm not asking for any money for him.

£160 for a Conference player is more than realistic, looking at the wages in the Blue Square Premier at the time, it was well under the average wage.

Exactly, the wages that player will probably ask for are above what they would be willing to pay for that player, just because he is on £160 a week at your team does not mean he will ask for eactly the same when he moves, infact if your wanting him to move down the leagues he will prob ask for a bit more to convince him to move. The amount of money they have available is completely irrelevant.

I still don't understand what are the major problems this patch has introuduced. Has any of the problems (like morale dropping illogically) have been confirmed? I don't want to start a new game and do all the initial work if the game has serious bugs like that.

The moral dropping "illogically" isnt a bug, its an actual change (one asked for by some parts of the community). Read through the latter parts of http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283877-FM2012-difficulty. for a better understanding. Apart from that cant shed any light on the other things people mention, cant say im experiencing any issues with this patch

Better squad, better tactic, better players (some), and if I played some about ten(!) the same match (save/load) to test this situation and every time I lose 0-4 and above (0-3 was the small lose), that something is wrong... why in previous version (12.0.4) I can won my Legia Warsaw two times with Man Utd and in the same save game I lost much better team Shachtar I lose at 12.1?

why teams/talk doesn't work?

why allways MUST winning a Man Utd?

If I played ten time the same match, if I won only one game, that'll be ok.

why every time my the best players, are the worst in this match or injured?

every time? not one, not two but ALWAYS!

every time I've changed the tactic, the teams talk and the result is - Man Utd winning - of course.

yeah this is realistic...

The bug in my mind would be the fact you were able to beat united so easily in the first place, reloading the same game over and over proves nothing and does nothing but annoy the user, its a complete waste of time i would stop if i were you. You wont convince anyone there is an issue because of what you have tried.

I struggle to believe you have a better squad than United, infact unless your 30 odd years into the game it will be almost impossible purely because of rep.

A few things are harder, but nothing is broken. If you start with a low reputation (eg Sunday League Footballer) at a big club, it will be near impossible to motivate your players, and in general it is much harder to keep your entire squad happy as was the case before.

There are no massive illogical drops in my experience, but some players are definitely more sensitive to criticism.

If you want to cruise through the game winning everything then this patch is not for you, if you want to get frustrated but feel you have achieved success, this is a lot better. It is not perfect and there are still annoyances, but I do not believe the last patch made anything worse - at least I have not noticed anything.

nothing drops illogically, if anything moral doesnt stay illogically high no matter what now, start a save give it a bash, i cant imagine them changing anything any time soon in that regard so what have you got to lose?

Exactly, the wages that player will probably ask for are above what they would be willing to pay for that player, just because he is on £160 a week at your team does not mean he will ask for eactly the same when he moves, infact if your wanting him to move down the leagues he will prob ask for a bit more to convince him to move. The amount of money they have available is completely irrelevant.

How much more than £160 is he going to request.

Even if he asked for £700 a week, he would still be on less than most of their other players.

Actually, I think I may have a save game from this.

I'll load it back up, and take over one of those clubs, and try making an offer, and see what his demands are. :thup:

If they are really high, then I will hold my hands up and apologise.

For all you know those teams maybe think he is already over paid for his ability, they are maybe only interested in signing him if wants less money, i do agree the news item is a bit ambiguous and doesnt leave you with many options but that player is terrible, its no surprise no one is falling over themselves to sign him. Would you give him £700 a week? Would you sign him on £700 a week if you were a BSP team?

I have played every single CM/FM and only fm09 disapointed me till now. I was loving this game and thought it was the best fm to date and then when loading up FM12 for my usual daily fm fix I was forced to update the game from a perfectly good one into one that I think is now bordering on fm09! Morale is all over the place and I was doing a tactics test with 10 teams using different tactics and after the patch all of the teams have imploded and morale is bad and so many players are requesting transfers for idiotic reasons.

Great job SI! I had the best FM yet installed on my PC the other day and now I have one of the worst in my opinion. If I wasn't such an FM lover I would be close to asking for my money back as you have taken away the game that I payed for and that I realy enjoyed.

I will now be giving more time to Skyrim, now thats a game!

Oh and how do I turn off this stupid god damn auto save function on the forums, it keeps freezing the text when I am typing.

For all you know those teams maybe think he is already over paid for his ability, they are maybe only interested in signing him if wants less money, i do agree the news item is a bit ambiguous and doesnt leave you with many options but that player is terrible, its no surprise no one is falling over themselves to sign him. Would you give him £700 a week? Would you sign him on £700 a week if you were a BSP team?

Not a chance I would sign him. :D Even for £160 a week, maybe if I was even lower down the Leagues.

The only reason he's on £160 a week now, is because he came up through the ranks in my Youth Team, while we were down in League 2.

And my Scout told me he could become a top League one defender. But times had changed now and I have better players in the squad etc, and he never improved.

Needless to say, that scout has been sacked! :lol:

If I got told no teams were interested, I would wait for their contract to expire, or release them. There'd be no probelm.

But when I get messages saying AI teams are interested, but are not willing to make an offer because the wage demands are too much, when a player is on £160 a week and their average wage is £800 a week, it does drive me a little mad.

The only save I could find was January 2019, so a year before.

But for what it's worth, With Shrewsbury his initial request was £300 and a £120 appearance fee, with a £350 loyality bonus.

But alot things could have changed in that year, and he could be requesting more etc. So I won't read anything into that.

And you do make a fair point about the player being crap etc. :thup:

But the AI doesn't think like this, if they think a player is crap.. there would be no interest at all on FM.

None of this, they are interested but for the wage demands stuff.

How do i go back to 12.04? I want to stick with that patch until 12.2 where hopefully the team interaction is fixed or improved.

You can't, and the patch 12.1 was to fix the broken interaction in 12.0.4 this is more like it is intended to work.

Interaction in 12.1 is VERY BAD IMO

in 12.0.4 interaction wasn't good, but now it is worse.

even in 12.0.4 the main part of players reacted negative on every interaction (tutoring, PPM's and others)

I don't think players IRL will start hating their manager because he tries to improve them

but it was the case in 12.0.4 and in 12.1 it is 100 x worse

I've deleted the new patch file and my game still says 12.1 but the updates aren't there, for example the International goals from games on player page is no longer there. Will this work?

no your game will most likely stop working, or next time you start steam in online mode it will re-download the files.

Archived