FM12 Cut-Out Faces Megapack Thread

Mons

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downloaded over night (direct download) via a download manager.

Total files 90,510

"The archive is corrupt" error when extracting. Seem to be a few short of 91,224.

It does extract the pics but references some missing files. Oh well. Off to download again.

By the way, is there an art form to using 7-Zip instead of WinRar because 7-Zip never seems to work (unsupported error).

Look at the OP: Click the link to the complete pack and at the bottom of the premium membership screen click free links, the torrent link is at the bottom of the page.

I know that is what it says in the OP. But I don't see any free links on the screen after I click the link for the complete pack. Do I have to be registered to sortitoutsi?

Can't you just post the link/page to the torrent?

where's the update to the beautiful Alessandro Matri, eh? Still in his old Cagliari rags.

Thanks for this, will be seeding deep into the night...

We daren't touch his cut as we're too in awe of his beauty ;)

Simply put, we haven't found a source image which is straight-on and of good enough quality to improve on his present cut. If you manage to find one, by all means, post it in the improvement thread on our forum :thup:

Downloaded over night (direct download) via a download manager.

Total files 90,510

"The archive is corrupt" error when extracting. Seem to be a few short of 91,224.

It does extract the pics but references some missing files. Oh well. Off to download again.

By the way, is there an art form to using 7-Zip instead of WinRar because 7-Zip never seems to work (unsupported error).

Not sure if there's a question here tbh :p Hope you manage to get the full file. Other folk seem to have got it so I doubt it's a problem with the file itself fwiw.

Maybe a stupid question, but will the faces megapack work on a Mac computer? If not are there facepacks available for Mac?

Absolutely yes, one of the project starters is a Mac user ;)

I know that is what it says in the OP. But I don't see any free links on the screen after I click the link for the complete pack. Do I have to be registered to sortitoutsi?

Can't you just post the link/page to the torrent?

You do have to register on sortitoutsi, as explained in the OP. Registration is free and will only take a couple of minutes at most.

It is not explained in the OP, but whatever......I will take a pass in that case.

You are correct, I confused it with another thread.

Pity you won't register. Can't see why you wouldn't tbh but, of course, it's up to you.

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I'd like to go down the download earlier packs route (3.09 Complete Pack and then updates up to 4.0 new faces) but whenever I go to download in separate parts from File Factory or Easy Share, the file I'm downloading always appears as 'sortitoutsi_megapack_3.0_part_1.zip'.

I assume it'll download part 1 of the 3.00 pack but I don't want to waste time doing that.

Can anyone advise me?

Are you MrShort on sortitoutsi.net? If so, I've just responded to this exact post there....

I ask again, we would rather people post problems on the official sortitoutsi Help thread, no point duplicating things here as there are more people that can help over there...

Mons. Like urbanjunkie, I too have spent over twelve hours downloading the face pack. Similarly, I also get the message that the file is corrupt. What exactly does that mean? Can I still install the facepack? Does it just mean that there are some faces missing or is it something more serious? I don't really fancy having to download it all again.

Anyone recommend a solid download manager?

D/l the file directly a number of times and although it reports it as 100%, it's not complete as archive is corrupt (used WinRar, 7-Zip and another extractor). 4.16Gb is reported (when looking at properties - download manager reports it as 4.17Gb), file total is always short of what it should be. Sucks to be me.

Fired up the torrent as I'm out soonish all day. Would prefer the direct d/l, if I'm honest.

It does however extract - so I could use the pack, but I guess I would be missing pics.

Thanks for this lads, it's quality work :thup:

I do have a quick question though. In the OP you say there should be 91,224 images in the 4.0 MP. But I've downloaded every update when they've been released, so never no need to download a MP, but I now have 92,541 items in the faces folder. About 20-30 images are ones that I've added myself, 2 read me files and the config file. There are no duplicates of any images, so I'm confused to as why I have roughly an extra 1,250 images? It's not a problem, I'd just like to know why as I can't work it out myself. Cheers :thup:

Mons. Like urbanjunkie, I too have spent over twelve hours downloading the face pack. Similarly, I also get the message that the file is corrupt. What exactly does that mean? Can I still install the facepack? Does it just mean that there are some faces missing or is it something more serious? I don't really fancy having to download it all again.

Please forgive the 'bump'. I would appreciate a little assistance from some of you who seem to know about this problem. I have posted in sortitioutsi but have not had any response from them either. Kind regards.

Please forgive the 'bump'. I would appreciate a little assistance from some of you who seem to know about this problem. I have posted in sortitioutsi but have not had any response from them either. Kind regards.

First, try unzipping it anyway. Sometimes the corrupt file message comes up but you can still extract them and just a handful of pictures are missing.

This is taking forever. I'm on 80% now. When I've got the pack I'm burning it on a dvd or something. In case my PC ever breaks down, I don't have to download the whole pack all over again.

Get yourself an external hard drive man, you can get decent 1tb drives from Amazon for about £50.

First, try unzipping it anyway. Sometimes the corrupt file message comes up but you can still extract them and just a handful of pictures are missing.

Thanks muchly, phnompenhandy, I've just done what you suggested and it worked. I'm not sure but I think I saw that I have something like 94,000 faces installed. All of the English teams seem to be there so I am assuming that I'm not short of many at all.

Great work to all involved!

To the guys who created the Nottingham Forest facepack inside the megapack - Do you have the full sized (not cropped) pictures of the Nottingham Forest players that I could have, like last year?

Cheers

You are correct, I confused it with another thread.

Pity you won't register. Can't see why you wouldn't tbh but, of course, it's up to you.

Can't see why you wouldn't make the torrent file accessible without the registration, tbh.

I have downloaded the torrent for this from fmdownloads but im not sure what I do with it now.

When i click on it I get the message saying windows cant open this file and I can choose a program to open it.

Is this correct or has it not downloaded properly? There are no folders with pics in them.

Any help would be appreciated, I would rather download the pack by torrent if possible.

Thanks

I suggest trying to extract the file with winrar as theat's the program the file was compressed with. Plenty of people have managed to download it from both sources, so it would seem to me that if the file's not extracting, it's probably a problem from your end rather than with the file itself.

Anyone recommend a solid download manager?

D/l the file directly a number of times and although it reports it as 100%, it's not complete as archive is corrupt (used WinRar, 7-Zip and another extractor). 4.16Gb is reported (when looking at properties - download manager reports it as 4.17Gb), file total is always short of what it should be. Sucks to be me.

Fired up the torrent as I'm out soonish all day. Would prefer the direct d/l, if I'm honest.

It does however extract - so I could use the pack, but I guess I would be missing pics.

When you extract it, how many images in all do you get?

Thanks for this lads, it's quality work :thup:

I do have a quick question though. In the OP you say there should be 91,224 images in the 4.0 MP. But I've downloaded every update when they've been released, so never no need to download a MP, but I now have 92,541 items in the faces folder. About 20-30 images are ones that I've added myself, 2 read me files and the config file. There are no duplicates of any images, so I'm confused to as why I have roughly an extra 1,250 images? It's not a problem, I'd just like to know why as I can't work it out myself. Cheers :thup:

My mistake, the correct amount in 4.0 is 92,471 iirc (or somewhere around that figure). The discrepancy is easily explained by pointing out that the full file has had some incorrectly-assigned images and duplicates deleted, which are still present for whoever upgraded their file with the update packs. They will not be displayed in the game as the config ignores them.

I clicked on download 4.0 full pack (from scratch) and it appears it's just pack 3.0 with all the update, but it stops at 3.12.... ??

Both the one-file download and the torrent are up-to-date with 4.0. The split-file download method has not been fully updated to 4.0. IF you decide to use the latter download system, you can upgrade to 4.0 once you download ALL the packs, by downloading the 4.0 update pack from the OP.

/\ If I do this, the first update released for 4 wont 'fix' it, will it? /\

Christ, I am so OCD with stuff like this, I need to get a grip.

Not sure I understand what you want toi know tbh :confused:

Great work to all involved!

To the guys who created the Nottingham Forest facepack inside the megapack - Do you have the full sized (not cropped) pictures of the Nottingham Forest players that I could have, like last year?

Cheers

If they've not been deleted, you can find them in the teampack request thread on the susie forums.

Can't see why you wouldn't make the torrent file accessible without the registration, tbh.

That's because we want to keep the file Susie-exclusive. The file was worked on by susie members and it's only fair that this is recognised. Again, registration is free and won't take longer than a couple of minutes to have access to downloading a file which is many years and many, many man-hours in the making.

I have downloaded the torrent for this from fmdownloads but im not sure what I do with it now.

When i click on it I get the message saying windows cant open this file and I can choose a program to open it.

Is this correct or has it not downloaded properly? There are no folders with pics in them.

Any help would be appreciated, I would rather download the pack by torrent if possible.

Thanks

Check the help thread on the sortitoutsi forums linked to in the OP. There are clear instructions on how to use torrents in there.

This is fantastic work by the way Mons. Really does improve the game no end. Pretty much any player you look at has a real crisp mugshot now rather than the default sillhouette i was too accustomed to seeing.

How do you get the outlining so crisp? I know my way around the PS basics but i always end up using the eraser tool to cut out edges and its okay but not as nice as you guys manage.

Is there a tutorial somewhere that you'd recommend? I do like to fill in the missing pics and i would like to be able to nail it like you guys.

Pop into our forums (they're down for a short while atm tho). We've got tutorials to assist those who wish to start cutting and, most importantly, some very good sources to work with.

It's one thing cutting a 250x250 image with a crappy background and another thing altogether cutting a 2500x2500 image on a white background, the srulsts will be very different. We also have very high standards for what constitutes a good cut and strive continually for improvement :)

We'd be more than happy to welcome you to our cutting team - the more cutters we have, the better :)

i hsve just extracted the megapack and playing fm with it in game and i must say its a really good face pack

really want to say thanks for your hard work makes the game that much better as now i have my logos megapack and now this the face cut out megapack

all i need now is a kits megapack and i will be set

thanks again

Archived