FM12 Cut-Out Faces Megapack Thread

Mons

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid I can't really help you there as I don't have a Mac. Google it, I'm sure you'll find some instructions.

If not, there's a few Mac users on our forums, linked to in the OP, which might be able to help you.

I'm happy to be able to announce the release of update pack 4.01.

It includes 2,895 improved or missing images for a file size of 134MB and is available on fmdownloads.com and from the OP as usual.

This update takes the total amount of images in the MP to 93,859 :thup:

omaroo, if there's anybody ignoring anything, it's you who's ignoring the readme. The file's been proven to work for thousands, so if there's anything wrong, it's likely it's from your end.

Remember, it's the graphics folder within the Documents folder it needs to go to, not the one in Program Files. You also need to untick use skin cache and tick always reload skin on confirm from within the display & sounds tab in the preferences.

If you have done the above two steps, we need to know how many images in all do you have in your MP folder and if you have a config.xml file. Also, where did you download the file from?

SUCCESS !!!! Would just like to let you all know that after years and years of trying to download face-packs and install them successfully i have finally done it.......... Would like to thank all the people who have answered my sometimes silly questions regarding Face-packs. Im so proud of myself that i did not give up. It makes the game so much better. Special thanks to MoNS

Tyrone

Mons, i did exactly what you said mate, the folder has over 12,000 files/images. The config file is in the folder, i went on the game there are some players with pictures but no all of them. Players like rooney, gerrard and lampard havent got a picture for example.

Mons, i did exactly what you said mate, the folder has over 12,000 files/images. The config file is in the folder, i went on the game there are some players with pictures but no all of them. Players like rooney, gerrard and lampard havent got a picture for example.

I'm sorry to sound patronising omaroo, but simple common sense would state that you obviously haven't completed the download or extraction correctly. It says EVERYWHERE that there are over 90,000 images in this pack so if you only have 12,000, I would say it's kind of obvious why some faces are not showing....What size (in MB) was the .zip file before extraction?

I don't know what the problem is but everytime I download this the archive is always corrupt, Have tried various complete packs and no good.

Even tried the fix utility but that just gives me an error.

It unpacks but about 25,000 images are corrupt so I'm missing a lot of files.

Any ideas?

At 4 gigs a pop it's a long download.

I understand your frustration but keep in mind that the file has been downloaded by thousands without problems, in its various guises, which leads me to conclude there's something wrong from your end. Whether it's a connection problem or a user error is difficult to detect.

Are you using a download manager? Which download method are you using (split files, single file, torrent)? I would recommend downloading it via torrent as there's less scope for errors to occur in that way.

I understand your frustration but keep in mind that the file has been downloaded by thousands without problems, in its various guises, which leads me to conclude there's something wrong from your end. Whether it's a connection problem or a user error is difficult to detect.

Are you using a download manager? Which download method are you using (split files, single file, torrent)? I would recommend downloading it via torrent as there's less scope for errors to occur in that way.

Using Internet Download Manager.

Never had a problem before with it before.

I'm trying a different tactic as Megapack 3.0 is fine so will go through the task of downloading each pack separately and seeing what happens.

When I try and download the complete pack without a download manager it doesn't give me the full file name and the speed is very slow yet with IDM very fast.

It's such a great piece of work it's worth suffering a bit of pain to get it. :)

Again, I would encourage you to download it via torrent, it's quite easy and you can just leave the torrent client overnight or for a day or two and you'll have the whole pack, with a smaller likelihood of having any problems...

omaroo, what download method did you use? If using the single file download, did you use a download manager.

sevenman, we're going to need more info to be able to help you. What download method did you use? Can you extract the downloaded file or not? How many images in all do you have? Where did you place any resulting files? Do you have a config.xml file?

[Removed upon request of the authors]

For the complete 3.7 pack and the updates complementing it to 4.0, check here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/FightCat

Hope that helps.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with the authors of this pack. All credits go to them while they can not be held responsible if you download from the links I've provided above. Thank you.

If a problem occurs, let me know.

Hello,

Here is 4.01 update mirrored at Gamefront.com, guys.

<snipped link>

For the complete 3.7 pack and the updates complementing it to 4.0, check here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/FightCat

Hope that helps.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with the authors of this pack. All credits go to them while they can not be held responsible if you download from the links I've provided above. Thank you.

If a problem occurs, let me know.

I'd appreciate if you could remove the Gamefront link for the update pack. We used to host it on file-sharing sites before but it meant that people were not aware of our forums, which is why we don't do so anymore.

Thanks for your commitment to help sharing the file btw, much appreciated :thup:

Mons, i used single file download and used IDM to download from. Also i downloaded the latest update pack, do i have to download old update packs.

I am not sure what you're doing wrong mate. If you've got the full 4.16gb file, when extracting it should give you all 93,000-odd images. Not sure how you're getting 20,000 :( What error messages are being displayed, if any?

Re the update packs, once you get 4.0, you'll only need to get 4.01 to be up-to-date

Great facepack, cheers.

One problem is that my entire squad has pictures, except Nemanja Vidic and Tomasz Kuszczak. Is there something wrong at my end or will this be fixed in an update?

Thanks.

How many images in all do you have in your megapack folder?

I'd appreciate if you could remove the Gamefront link for the update pack. We used to host it on file-sharing sites before but it meant that people were not aware of our forums, which is why we don't do so anymore.

Thanks for your commitment to help sharing the file btw, much appreciated :thup:

No problem but I could not understand the notion as the update file is up via filesharing sites as the free option on fmdownloads.com -it's probably my English failing though.

OK, I have download the 4.0 from a torrent

It is corrupt and won't open in Winrar

I have got Rar Repair Tool, it extracts 167 photos\faces and then ask for a password to continue

Can anyone help?????

This is the first case of a corrupt torrent download or a password-protected file I've come across :confused:

Are you sure the file download fully? Where did you get the torrent file from?

No problem but I could not understand the notion as the update file is up via filesharing sites as the free option on fmdownloads.com -it's probably my English failing though.

It's just that in this way, you need to find those file-sharing sites by accessing susie and fmdownloads.com, whereas if somebody uploads them elsewhere, people would not need to use those sites.

Oh, so that means you would not like me to mirror anymore ?

I would prefer it :)

I used Bt Junkie and searched for the file

I used the link on the OP but could not see the torrent link

As said in the OP:

Premium Members of sortitoutsi will be able to get a single click download, if you are not a premium member we suggest using the torrent file if you are downloading the complete pack. Click the link to the complete pack and at the bottom of the premium membership screen click free links, the torrent link is at the bottom of the page

There might be something wrong from the BT junkie link but I can only speak for the fmdownloads torrent which has been downloaded enough times to be shown as reliable.

Thanks for understanding. I greatly appreciate you wanting to provide alternative download links for the update packs but in this case, it's not really necessary imo.

If you want to, say, collect all the images released in 3-4 update packs and release them as a standalone update pack, I would have no objection. We prefer the individual update packs to be exclusively available via fmdownloads.com, however.

I am an absolute amateur so please be kind? I have downloaded the sortitoutsi_megapack4.00_changes.zip, my first ever facepack download, do I just extract it to the skins folder?

First of all, if you're starting from scratch, you have downloaded the wrong file entirely. You need to download the 4.01 complete pack.

Once downloaded (I suggest using a download manager to avoid having trouble), extract it to the desktop, then follow the instructions in the readme file attached.

Let us know if you have any further issues :thup:

Ok, I downloaded to my desktop, seeing as I didn't have a file in my graphics folder for faces I created one. I put all the images into the following pathway manually: documents>sportsinteractive>footballmanager2012>graphics>faces>megapack4.01.

I have lost players faces I ealready had, it never asked me to replace or overwrite any. The player I know I definitely lost was Jan Vertonghen. Not seen any players that I should have either as it obviously takes too long to check them all, apart from Wayne Routledge, now, not sure if I already had his pic as I just saw his randomly in the downloaded pics. Not really sure where I'm at now lol!

After a deeper look, it seems that the downloaded faces are there in the game, just lost the ones that were already there with the game, how do I get them back?

Also, are there more face packs I can download? For example, version 4.01 is after the other versions? Could I not have downloaded version 3.0 first? Can I download those or other updated facepacks even though I only have the most recent version?

'Contains 93,859 images of staff, officials & players from all around the world' is what it says in the OP, how do I get the rest of the 93,859 images?

dolph11, was this file the first one you have downloaded from our series? If yes, you should have only one folder with 93,859 images and a config.xml. If the amount of images is smaller, I suspect you have downloaded the new faces only file which, as the name indicates, contains only the new images in the latest pack. In this case, you will need to download the complete pack. You also need to untick 'Use skin cache' and tick 'Always reload skin on confirm' from the Display & Sounds tab in the ingame preferences to activate them in the game.

Not sure what you mean by player faces you already had. Are you referring to the default SI images? You mention Routledge; I believe his image was updated in 4.01. Again, this seems to indicate to me that you only downloaded the update pack and not the whole MP.

The order in which the files should be downloaded is really rather straight-forward. You start with the base megapack (3.0 for FM11 or 4.0 for FM12) and then download each subsequent pack as it is released (3.01, 4.01 respectively). Each update pack needs to have the images contained within placed INTO the base MP folder, overwriting each image when prompting.

Hope this clarifies your situation. If you still have problems, could you post a screenshot of the folder you have the images in? Please ensure the path AND the amount of images are clearly seen.

They are showing up Mons. It's the SI default images that I have lost. I have got 'Always reload skin on confirm' ticked and 'Use skin cache' unticked as I do this for my stadium backgrounds.

I believe you are correct, I must have only downloaded the update pack. I couldn't see a link for the 4.01 complete pack. I do apologise for my incompetence and I do appreciate your patience.

So, what do you suggest now? Go on to the FMdownloads link and download the files on there, I think there was 16 separate files? Download them one-by-one and just put them in my folder with the updated ones I have already installed?

Or, delete the ones I have in the folder, start from scratch and put them in a new folder in the same pathway?

dolph11, please tell me how many images you have in your megapack folder so I can verify which version you downloaded. Once I have this info I can guide you further.

I would suggest downloading the torrent file tbh, it's much less hassle and more straight-forward to do so. If you have not used torrents yet, there is a guide in the help thread linked to in the opening post of this thread.

I also recommend we continue this conversation on the sortitoutsi forums. PM me on there and I can further assist you on this and other matters :thup:

4.23gb is the size of the full pack with 4.01 when downloaded from fmdownloads.com

Perhaps it expands slightly when extracted. In all, you should have the amount of images specified in the OP.

What's happening to prevent you from downloading either file?

4.0 includes the whole megapack; you'd only need to download it. You then add the images from 4.01 to it.

Alternately, you could download the full 4.01 pack and have the whole pack without needing to download the 4.01 update pack.

The torrent file is only for 4.0, however.

Archived