Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

The thing with Dalglish, I don't see any future or plan. It's like he's just your dad minding your dog when you're on holiday; trying his best to remember to feed it so it doesn't die.

We need a new management team, with a clear goal. Maybe all the players are crap because of the tactics? It would be a much cheaper option to replace the manager first, then ship out the players if they're still abysmal.

I got tickets to Wigan on Saturday. Really can't be bothered going to witness a scrappy 0-0 with Wigan.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing with Dalglish, I don't see any future or plan. It's like he's just your dad minding your dog when you're on holiday; trying his best to remember to feed it so it doesn't die.

We need a new management team, with a clear goal. Maybe all the players are crap because of the tactics? It would be a much cheaper option to replace the manager first, then ship out the players if they're still abysmal.

I got tickets to Wigan on Saturday. Really can't be bothered going to witness a scrappy 0-0 with Wigan.

Don't go then. By the sounds of it you will sit there and moan all game so no point unless you are up for it.

Yeah, his interviews are starting to have a touch of the Hodgsons about them.

This for me is the concerning thing - it means he's less likely to step down at the end of the season. I'd hate to see him forced down, much prefer to see him go voluntarily.

Doesn't need to be a quote for there to be some substance behind it. Not exactly important for a newspaper to do a report like that on someone who's never played a first game. Don't understand why he's not being given a chance. Seems the best time to throw him in, surely?

I would say its because he's not ready yet. Then there's also getting an opportunity when he is ready, hes 17 not like hes being massively held back from progressing. Look at the Ajax game there was 3 or 4 Ajax players there that had played first team and you could see the difference in the sides.

Kenny doesn't seem to be a fan of rotation, apart from 1 or 2 people based on their level of fitness and who we're playing, it's a small core squad of players playing in every competition unless injured.

It seems a little dated, like back in the glory days when we only had a squad of 13

Kenny doesn't seem to be a fan of rotation, apart from 1 or 2 people based on their level of fitness and who we're playing, it's a small core squad of players playing in every competition unless injured.

It seems a little dated, like back in the glory days when we only had a squad of 13

I've been thinking all season that kennys transfer policy, substitutions and squad rotation are stuck in the dark ages of football.

He's also been giving some worryingingly clueless interviews lately and actually believes we have progressed.

There is nothing he has done to fill me with any sort of hope for the future, with him still at the helm (I don't give a toss about the cups while our league form is an utter ****ing disgrace).

Why does noone care abouts cups these days? ....is it because you get more money winning other competitions??

Not that we as fans ever see the money.

This thread can be a joke at times. Although we all want to win every game and on occassions have reasons to twist, I dont know why people cant accept the fact that we have 1 trophy in the bag, a strong possibility of a second and back in Europe again.

Meh, cant be arsed to go through it all again.

Martin Kelly is expected to be fit to face Wigan Athletic on Saturday but Liverpool will need to check on the fitness of Charlie Adam, Kenny Dalglish today confirmed.

The duo picked up knocks during the first half of Wednesday's clash with Queens Park Rangers which required them to be substituted.

Dalglish told journalists at Melwood: "Martin Kelly is okay. We're just waiting for the report on Charlie and then we'll take it from there."

The manager also reported no other fresh injury concerns following the trip to Loftus Road.

He added: "Injury wise, I don't think there's anything (else) added to what we had before. The only two we picked up the other night were Kells and Charlie."

This thread can be a joke at times. Although we all want to win every game and on occassions have reasons to twist, I dont know why people cant accept the fact that we have 1 trophy in the bag, a strong possibility of a second and back in Europe again.

Yeah its boring but it's so important more than some people here realise, or care about.

Everything is linked towards getting in the top four, from the Quality of signings to even the viability of the new stadium something we are already 20 years behind.

If people are happy with a derby win and a third rate cup that's fine but the bigger picture is , Its NOT progress, its not even stagnation its going backwards within the football world whether people like it or not.

Not getting top 4 is a disappointment, failure to get top 6 and currently 10-13 points behind 4th is a failure.

£100 million spent on players who are no better than what we had already

only won back to back games in the league twice this season

Since start of November lfc have taken 21 points out of 57 W6 L7 D6 F21 A19 8 of them goals were in 3 games and 2 OG

Last season after Xmas we played great fluid attacking football this season back to negative 2 backs of 4 hard to break down and leave a striker isolated on his own.

Portsmouth won the fa cup and got relegated does that mean they progressed? I just want to see Liverpool play open attacking fluid football take the game to teams give some of the youth a try if we lose to a better team then so be it. I don't want to see us play with a lone isolated striker and sit deep anymore. Best defensive record and one of the fewest goals orders in the league because we are the most boring team in the league.

Apparently Charlie Adam is out for the season according to an ITK on RAWK with a knee injury. Might actually see Henderson finally being used in centre of midfield.

I doubt that tbf. He ended up finishing the half after it, didn't look too serious.

Why does noone care abouts cups these days? ....is it because you get more money winning other competitions??

I'd rather do well in the league than be a mid table club and win a cup, and if we'd been doing well in the league I'd have been much happier about winning a cup.

@SRL88 - Or you could say that we're seventh in the league, looking down the table rather than up, and have spent a hell of a lot of money on a majority of crap and winning a minor trophy does not paper over the incompitence of our management. Also, we haven't won the FA cup yet so your argument there is completely void.

I guess some people will be happy with 10th in the league as long as they can celebrate for a couple of games a season.

It also won't look good for when we go after players in the summer. They'll take one look at last seasons league table and laugh at us.

This. When trying to buy new players we have to show we can compete for the top four and are not far away so finishing further down the table will just make it even harder to buy top players. I think you lose £1 million for each league position you drop in prize money.

Not sure if anything has been posted abotu Adam's injury but he's currently on crutches.

https://twitter.com/#!/LFC_Formations/status/183554232882954240/photo/1

Also the official team: Reina, Flanagan, Carra, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing, Henderson, Downing, Suarez, Kuyt.

Subs: Doni, Coates, Carroll, Eccleston, Sterling, Shelvey, Aurelio.

I don't understand why Coates or Carroll arn't playing, someone needs to ask Kenny why those two players arn't playing in these sort of games. Obviously Coates finish in midweek showed he isn't ready for the 1st team yet but what about Carroll?

You have this habit of spending and sending back like with Robbie Keane with stuff that just doesn't fit! Carroll is like in that vein atm but you'd figure with the money you'd lose how about working with him more, trying to get more from him. Leaving a striker, any kind of striker, on the bench when you seem to struggle with goals seems to be silly to me, I mean, find a way to incorporate him before totally writing him off.

You got that UEFA Cup spot through the League Cup and best will in the world you never getting 4th so Liverpool can kind of phone it in a bit right now so this is the perfect time to try to do something, anything, with Carroll.

Archived