Who Still Plays Football Manager 2010

i was Just Wondering how menny on this forum still plays fm 10 i have just gone back to playing it as my fm 11 disc has crack on it

i find fm 10 more fun to get in to than 11 i dont no why that is

I still play FM10.

My reason for this is because I have never ever played a long term game. It has been quite enjoyable. I especially like watching my youngster turn into world class players.

Ive went back too Football Manager 2010 and my dad is also started too play it i didnt like Football Manager 2011 not for the game itself i just had problems with it on my pc .

Loving 2010 thou best one ive played :)

I have to agree with some of the others who say FM10 is the best in the series. It's the one I've most enjoyed, I think, if I look back at my time with the FM series so far.

i agree with you crouchaldinho FM 10 is the Best in The Series i am updating the database so it is upto date i will release it when i have finished it

I'm still on FM10. I don't like the changes in FM11; player conversations, match preparation, etc. And I'm happy with the way I've got everything set up on FM10. Skin, badges, logos. And I deleted Glenn Hoddle Academy from the database, heh.

I'm still on FM10. I don't like the changes in FM11; player conversations, match preparation, etc. And I'm happy with the way I've got everything set up on FM10. Skin, badges, logos.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. :thup:

I've also got some of my screens customised and it took me ages to get them how I want them.

And I deleted Glenn Hoddle Academy from the database, heh.

Wish I had done that, to be honest. :rolleyes:

i was Just Wondering how menny on this forum still plays fm 10 i have just gone back to playing it as my fm 11 disc has crack on it

i find fm 10 more fun to get in to than 11 i dont no why that is

if ur fm 11 disc has a crack on it im sure u can still use it, im sure theres a tool u can download from si to use it without a disc...or am i mistaken??

if ur fm 11 disc has a crack on it im sure u can still use it, im sure theres a tool u can download from si to use it without a disc...or am i mistaken??

i know you can if you activate the game through steam not sure otherwise

I'm still playing the one and only save I started on FM10, CHelsea in in 2022. Sergio Aguero is nearing the end of his career, this will likely be his last season as my starting AMC as I expect his physicals to take a dramatic decline when he hits 34. :)

But ya, best game in the series thus far, I haven't even bothered with Fm11 because of the mixed reviews, I'll wait till Fm12 comes out or my Chelsea save corrupts, whchever comes first.

I'm still playing FM10 and have decided not to buy FM11, which is the first time I did this since not buying CM0102 (guess how I felt for years when reading all those raves about that version as the best ever ;)).

There is mainly one reason for it, which is my network game with two mates.

We meet one night a week when we have time to play for about 5 hours. This way, we however just manage to get through 3 seasons in one rl year which is just not enough to justify starting again because the new FM is out. As that network game is really the core of my FM enjoyment, much more than my own personal saves, giving up on that was as little an option as restarting after 3 seasons every time with no time to build anything and with no reason to ever sign youngsters.

We often decided to keep going with our old save also after the new game came out, but after having bought the new version I never had fun anymore playing the previous version and each time we ended up moving to the new version nevertheless, so this time I decided that the only option could be just ignoring FM11.

On top of that I'm still enjoying FM10 a lot, so it's okay with me, really.

Yeah, I still play 2010. I tried the 2011 demo and it seemed much the same but with added features to slow the gameplay down even more. Like the agents for example. The whole agents thing bored me so I decided not to buy 2011. Every now and then I'll skip a year anyway so that it's fresher when I get a new version. I expect I'll buy 2012.

I'm into 2052 on my FM10 game, and enjoying it as much as I ever have. In spite of playing for a couple of seasons, I never really managed to get immersed in 11 anywhere near as much as I did with 10, so I was kind of happy to revert back to it.

tbh by the time fm 11 came out i was well and truly over fm 10. The ME in 10.3 annoyed me due to the problems with wide players. I managed to get wide players to work on a couple of saves but not as well as i had hoped. I never managed to get any lone striker formations working on fm 10 as well as i have on fm 11 either. I finally managed to get Torres scoring at almost a goal every game in a 4-2-3-1 on fm 11 only for him to go and hand in a transfer request irl a couple of weeks later. Totally killed that save for me. :(

Never bought 11 and recently got back to playing 10 after a non-FM period. Still lots of fun and lots of frustration.

In general FM games take up too much time these days compared to the seasons you get in, which is a development I don't quite like. Too much stuff needs to be done while I just want to go through seasons and not pester about with press conferences and the like.

• 1 year later...

I did really enjoy FM 10 it was my longest ever long term save. I believe I played it until 2040ish. FM 11 onyl 2030ish. I got to 2025 in FM 12 then started a new save in a low rep Polish league. FM 10 by far was most enjoyable for some odd reason.

Archived