• I'm going to wait for the final patch
    • Not sure, I'll wait and see.
    • I probally won't buy it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probally won't buy it

For the first time since 2001/2002 CM

It is becoming frustrating to wait for all these patches over years and i am not interested and eager anymore.I will try to buy Fifa manager this year and see if it is any good(i don't think so) and if they disappoint me too i will probably stop buying football management games for few years(maybe championship manager if they release something again). I don't feel sorry for 1 Euro given for FM so far,and its not about the money but simply its to boring waiting for final release and then playing game for one or two months as it becomes boring when leagues are finished in real life(at least for me). So two months of playing comparing to 5 months of waiting is not worth to me

waiting for a patch for a game you have not played makes no sense to me at all.

Doesn't it? Past history suggests SI have never got it right on release day and the game is only stable after many patches.

some interesting replies, release day has the most votes but not by the majority i expected, tho whether everyone that votes otherwise sticks with it is a different matter, were all human :)

dont get me wrong i dont think the game is "broken" on release i just play one or two long saves a year due to time constraints and would rather just have the same game/match engine all the way through them, if i know theres bugs that will be fixed i want to wait. looking forward to my first career on fm11 had the game on my desk staring at me since last monday, maybe i should put it in a cupboard

so had the game on my desk staring at me since last monday, maybe i should put it in a cupboard

how about just play the thing. The game is so far from broken its not even funny, i have already put more time into it than i did in the whole of FM10. In my opinion the main complaint is the finishing, i was experiencing this, made a few changes etc the finishing improved greatly.

I think 'bugs' are overly exagerated

how about just play the thing. The game is so far from broken its not even funny, i have already put more time into it than i did in the whole of FM10. In my opinion the main complaint is the finishing, i was experiencing this, made a few changes etc the finishing improved greatly.

I think 'bugs' are overly exagerated

im sure the bugs are exagerated, the vast majority of people who are happy with the game wont bother posting to say so. However if im going to be playing for the next year I might as well wait for the patch including the data update, whats another week in the grand scheme of things?

im sure the bugs are exagerated, the vast majority of people who are happy with the game wont bother posting to say so. However if im going to be playing for the next year I might as well wait for the patch including the data update, whats another week in the grand scheme of things?

yer, i personally dont like the data updates with the new players being there at the beginning of the season.

I just find it hard to understand people waiting 6 months after release for a patch so they can play the game, but then, some people will see a bug and refuse to play it i suppose. Each to their own.

yer, i personally dont like the data updates with the new players being there at the beginning of the season.

I just find it hard to understand people waiting 6 months after release for a patch so they can play the game, but then, some people will see a bug and refuse to play it i suppose. Each to their own.

yeah i can see what you are saying andy carroll moving from newcastle in august does take the game further from reality if anything

like i said i just like playing long term saves and like the match engine etc to be constant, as for bugs there will always be bugs its the nature of computer programming, not having a go at SI or anyone else, in fact have posted in a couple of "patch threads" in their defense (you just get tired of repeating yourself and wasting your time)

Polls like this meant nothing to the company.

And i'm sure for quite some time now that the sales has indeed increased.

But the moment the sales took a hit, i'm afraid it could be a little too late then.

wasnt trying to hurt the company, love football manger, was just curious

yeah i can see what you are saying andy carroll moving from newcastle in august does take the game further from reality if anything

like i said i just like playing long term saves and like the match engine etc to be constant, as for bugs there will always be bugs its the nature of computer programming, not having a go at SI or anyone else, in fact have posted in a couple of "patch threads" in their defense (you just get tired of repeating yourself and wasting your time)

I am a long term player as well, hope you enjoy it next week

I am a long term player as well, hope you enjoy it next week

cheers, always have one with my favourite club (Torquay) and a career game, last year it was Worcester, Millwall, Arsenal and Barca along with failing with England at some point that i dont remember but then everyone else does :)

Most likely within a few weeks of release, probably not release day, but not as late as Christmas either. Problem is, if I'm enjoying a save on FM 11 I won't buy FM 12 until I'm done with it because I'll never go back to my enjoyable FM 11 save again.

I will buy it when I feel like it, and without reading this forum. Listening to people on here ranting about supposedly game-breaking bugs is about as useful as reading my assman's reports on my players - it's often so far from the truth you can't take it seriously.

But if I'm still enjoying my current save when FM12 comes out, I don't see why I'd want to change immediately just cause a new game is out. Dunno, I guess it depends on how much I'm looking forward to the new features.

After the final patch. Past few games, the game is only well done after the 3rd patch in March.

Which gives me about 8 months of playing fm 11 before fm12 comes out. why must i pay so much on the release day and find it so hard to play with all the bugs.

if im only going to play happily for 8 months i'll pay that much worth on March. so much cheaper. and if i buy it on march i can play fm 11 happily for 1 year with very few bugs!

I've voted for "Wait and see". I haven't bought FM11 and am rather glad I haven't, considering the bugs reported that would have severely affected my gameplay. I'll try the FM12 demo when it comes out, but I'll still leave it at least a couple of weeks to see if anybody reports any major problems that affect long-term saves (such as the current reputation bug).

I'm with Kain on this one. If the Demo is great I'll probably get it around release date or a few weeks after. If the Demo sucks i'll wait til it has been patched a few times

As for how much you save for waiting, I just checked Amazon and Zavvi and the price is around £15-17

I can't remember buying FM05.

I bought FM06 & FM07 on release day.

I didn't buy FM08 largely due to my personal situation I wouldn't have had time to play it.

I bought FM09 after christmas when it had dropped a few quid.

My wife bought me FM10 as a christmas present, I wasn't going to bother at the time, but I've played it quite a bit recently.

I didn't buy FM11, largely due to having a child now with a second due shortly, but the negative forum response to FM11 didn't help (although it's negative every year from many people who expect a faultless game).

I intend to buy FM12, but I'll probably wait until 12.3 is released.

- I play as a lower league manager, and the press conference isn't tailored for that level at all, so I am concerned that with agents etc, that it will only be more top-league heavy.

I will wait untill the final patch is release before buying FM12. I am not getting caught out again spending £30 for a half finished game. SI have been graet with the ptach update threads but like many other FMers I have also lost motivation to play the current game. The game is usally on sale when the 3rd and final patch is release anyway so I might even save some money.

I will not be buying FM12. I am a very slow player with very longterm saves. I aways purchase FM every two to three years depending on new features. Unless there is tremendous improvement in the editor, I will wait until FM13 or FM14.

I think that having bought the 5 previous FM's,I have enough experience to judge the game...and so do many others.

wow 5? Forgive me, i didnt say that you didnt "have enough experience to judge the game" or that anyone else did. I apologise if you took my post the wrong way, i was simply saying that to ME it made no sense, not that nayone else doing it is wrong, just that my opinion is that id rather get the game on release.

After 15 years of being a CM / FM fan, I've now given up on SI and will not be buying their next pile of manure.

Still haven't played FM11 for more than 25 mins. What value I've got out of that having bought it on release day.

Still, there's always CM01/02. I've got ten years of value out of that, playing on and off. If another game of that quality came out, I'd happily pay £1000 for it.

After 15 years of being a CM / FM fan, I've now given up on SI and will not be buying their next pile of manure.

Still haven't played FM11 for more than 25 mins. What value I've got out of that having bought it on release day.

Still, there's always CM01/02. I've got ten years of value out of that, playing on and off. If another game of that quality came out, I'd happily pay £1000 for it.

just purely out of interest and i dont want to start an argument but what was it that put you off after only 25 minutes? It hardly seems like enough time to load a game and press continue a few times.

Via Steam, before release day if they have one of their nice little offers like this year.

Then wait up til midnight of release day, start the download and go to sleep to play the next day.

If Steam don't have their offers, I'd probably still do it through them. Less likely to lose that.

The original release was pointless because of the players being sold for silly prices. I didn;t even bother starting.

After the 2nd patch I played for 25 mins but gave up because of the set piece instructions being lost after every game as well as some other issue which I can't remember now. I also seem to remember having the same pointless cycles of "conversation" with every player I transfer listed. First they're unhappy to be listed and want to have a conversation. Then my coaches tell me they're unhappy and I should have a conversation. Then they all blast me in the press. Every one of them identical, and every conversation exactly the same.

And this from a bunch of no-hoper reserves who had never played and were never going to play.

I'm guessing I'll buy it straight away, although maybe we should all take the SI patch approach, we say we're going to buy it straight away, but then almost two months later we'll tell them we're almost ready to buy it and we should be getting it as soon as possible haha.

Definitely a pre-order. I have done so with all of the FM games so why stop now?

Putting some hours in and getting used to the game before the final patch is released is quite advantageous. I'm rarely up to speed straight away with a new version and I'd rather learn the ropes and find decent players before I start my final career save.

Hopefully my missus will buy me it again, its her way of palming me off onto something else for a few hours, the one thing is when you sit and think "Hmm I didn't pay for this" it makes it much harder to feel like you should be complaining lol.

I just find it hard to understand people waiting 6 months after release for a patch so they can play the game

What is with the idea that it is better to buy a product closer to release date?

A lot of people simply don't want to be early-adopters (or as some people say, "doing testing for SI").

I'm feeling kinda negative towards FM this year so I've voted "wait and see."

But probably release day in the end.

Quoted for Truth!!

I have also been quite dismissive of the Match engine this year and quite adamant that I will not purchase FM 12, but low and behold we turn a corner win 5 on the bounce and its happy days again. I swore to myself that I won't buy it on release day more than likely I will lol

If you're always waiting for the next patch and the next features then you might as well wait until SI announce that whatever years FM will be its last, then you'll finally have the game in its finished form. With everything computer based you can be an early bird or you can get it towards the end and reap the benefits that has, the sandybridge processor for example some of the customers have turned out to be testers on the hardware, if it annoys you so much that your efforts are helping to refine the game for free then simply don't buy the game. If you are ever expecting any piece of software to be bug free then you're going to be waiting a long time, they are simply too complex these days.

You can argue you'll save money waiting until 12.3 comes out, but you'd save even more waiting until 13.3 is out, and if you waited until 15.3 or 16.3 you would only thave to pay about £1 for the game in town second hand.

If you're always waiting for the next patch and the next features then you might as well wait until SI announce that whatever years FM will be its last, then you'll finally have the game in its finished form. With everything computer based you can be an early bird or you can get it towards the end and reap the benefits that has, the sandybridge processor for example some of the customers have turned out to be testers on the hardware, if it annoys you so much that your efforts are helping to refine the game for free then simply don't buy the game. If you are ever expecting any piece of software to be bug free then you're going to be waiting a long time, they are simply too complex these days.

You can argue you'll save money waiting until 12.3 comes out, but you'd save even more waiting until 13.3 is out, and if you waited until 15.3 or 16.3 you would only thave to pay about £1 for the game in town second hand.

Yes, but then again, we're not suggesting price is the only factor in our decision-making here.

The quality of the game is constant after the final patch comes out, therefore in terms of getting as much fun out of the game before considering the next version, it makes sense to get it the moment the final patch comes out (if you decide to get it at all).

There is some guy out there who does this though. As far as I recall, he buys and starts playing the version behind the new one each year, so when FM11 came out, I presume he was just loading up his first FM10 save. :D

He theorised that the game was cheaper this way and that he would immediately be able to install the last patch and thus enjoy the game in its most 'perfect' state.

I have always bought the game as soon after release as I could, but after the patch and hotfix problems of FM11 then I honestly cannot see a reason to go through that again next year, so i shall buy a copy once the January transfer patch has been done and I have checked what other people say about it.

What is with the idea that it is better to buy a product closer to release date?

A lot of people simply don't want to be early-adopters (or as some people say, "doing testing for SI").

your opinion is you want to wait, mine is that id rather not, hence why this is a poll, so everyone can give their own opinion, the majority (that voted) prefer to get in on release obviously.

Archived