dafuge's FM11 challenge

I hope everyone has a better season than my first.

John Rambo’s Marine

MARINE - BSN

SEASON REVIEW – 2011/12

Personal Prediction/Expectations – Mid Table

Media Prediction – 20th

Board expectations – Avoid relegation

Actual Position 19th

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

After a decent pre-season, the bookies were expecting us to do quite well. An initial 3v0 defeat wasn’t how we planned it to start, and eight games in, we had lost six games – five of them being in a row. Thankfully, an FA Cup win against Banbury sent the players’ morale up and we got out of our losing streak. A Yo-yo set of results followed, a couple of draws here, wins there and defeats over there. January hit and proved to be a great month, securing twelve points from a possible fifteen and scoring ten goals. I got second in the MOTM – gutted. Things began to look up for us as we slowly climbed the table, but as the end of the season hit, so did the losing bug. We had one last game against the champions, a win would definitely save us, so would a draw, but grabbing either one would be difficult. We got a draw – few. To be fair, though, we deserved a better league position but fell apart at the first and last hurdle. The middle of the season was good, though.

League

• Cups

The FA Cup didn’t see us go far, losing out in the 4th Rnd Quali against Altrincham, 3v1.

A Similar story followed in the FA Trophy, where we fell to a 1v0 defeat at the hands of Hyde in the 1st Rnd.

• Transfers

Some signings proved to be pretty useful, others not so much – my wage budget was buldging at every side, overflowing by £300, dragging us into more and more debt as the months went by. Over £90,000 had been lost by January. To be honest, the transfers weren’t ever looked at enough to be worthy of signing each one I did, and its something I need to sort out next year.

LOOKING FORWARD

Next year I will obviously be aiming to, having stayed in the league, get promoted, be it via the playoffs or the top spot. However, the financial trouble I had the season gone I want to try and fix, a little by ensuring I am under our wage budget and by flogging some players. But the biggest thing is getting the team right, goodbye deadwood hello shiny metal.

Season	Team		     League                   Position     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marine			       BSN			19th	    N/A

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least you did better than your media prediction :D

Things just getting worse and worse for me, taken only 12 points of the last 36 available. Just dropped outside the play-off places and can't see us picking up in time to make it back in. Oh well.

Well thats that, my wage budgets the same but I'm still lacking in real numbers for my squad. Can't sign anyone without releasing anyone - of which I need pretty much the whole squad that i currently have. I see this being a season for good tactics then and hard working training.

What did I do wrong with my screenshot?! Just want to make the photo come up....

http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n566/themightydave/?action=view&current=ManagerProfile1011.jpg

Click your photobucket image, and on the left there's a box saying 'Share this image', copy the 'Direct Link' url and post that instead. :)

Going to try again, this time with FC United of Manchester. I tried with North Ferriby but failed pretty badly (and forgot to post my manager profile on here), I was bottom of the Blue Square North and definately heading for relegation. Made too many rushed decisions at the start which cost me.

I think I can do okay with United now that I know what to expect. Profile http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2615/manprofile.jpg

I'm not one much for player naming, and I appreciate that some people don't particularly like to have good players hinted to them (I'm one), but I thought I would recommend this beefcake of a centre back to y'all.

Beastly

He many not look like much. Average tackling, poor marking...but he's immense in the air, pretty fast and has good decisions. An absolute rock.

sig.php?u=10042

I've just started playing again for the day. Should have a mid-season update soonish as I'm now through 16 games now.

Just played my first rivalry game. It was looking good and I had a 1-0 lead until midway through the second half. An Own goal let them back into the game, and they stole a winner late in the 87th :( . We gave away far to many free kicks right out in front of goal which led to scoring chances. I was missing my key midfielder for the match due to injury and I really think it was a winnable game.

That game also bounces us out of the FA Trophy and ends our cup runs for the year. This should free up any fixture congestion for the rest of the year and I hope we can use that to stay rested and ready for the league games.

Nantwich Town FC - Blue Square North - Season Review - 2011/12

Media Prediction: 22nd

Actual Position:

League Table

League positions Graph

Overall a mixed season. We were unable to get any consistency all season. As one point it looked like we might be able to sneak into the playoff positions but a run of injuries ended that dream. Our biggest problem was a lack of quality up front which cost us points in games we should have won easily.

FA Cup: Lost to BSN champions Telford on a replay

FA Trophy: Lost to fellow BSN side Vauxhall

Transfers 1, Transfers 2: Brought in a completely new squad, going way over my wage budget in the process.

Squad: A good squad mostly but a bit weak up front and on the wings.

Key Player Profiles:

Gregory Hartley: The best player in the squad I started with. His high eccentricity attribute helped add some excitement to the season!

Karlton Watson: The star player in the side. If it wasn't for him the season might have been a disaster.

Callum Driver: I bought him because my coach rated him highly when he came on trial. I only noticed he had a marking score of 4 after the season had finished! Even with that weakness he had a good season though.

Emerick Hippias: My highest goalscorer, with 13 goals in 38 games. His form was as inconsistent as the teams as a whole. I'm hoping for more from him next season.

Career Overview:

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12   Blue Square North        9th

Next Season: I'm aiming for a playoff position next season, assuming the board will let me strengthen my squad.

Words can't describe my delight. FC United 3 - 0 Leyton Orient. What an upset! McPike secured it with an absolute wondergoal from 25 yards out for the second goal in 68 mins. I changed from my usual attacking 4-2-4 to a 5-4-1 which payed off remarkably well, we were defending for practically the whole game bar the three attacks which led to the goals. Defence were absolutely brilliant and onwards we head to the 3rd Round! Don't think I could have got a much better draw, Chelmsford or Crewe.

• SI Staff
Don't know whether to be Kendal or North Ferriby, having had great games in the past with both, can someone please decide for me. First suggestion will be taken.

Think you should start with Kendal... :p

As I got sick of waiting for Whitby to pop up so instead became the new manager of North Ferriby United.

Hoping to give the challenge a real go this year, despite being quite a slow player. The furthest I got in previous years was League 2 with Whitby on FM09.

There's a nice surprise around every corner. I made a couple new signings on a free that I didnt think my board would allow to go through as I was over my budget already. But, they did and now I sit nearly £600 over my wage budget a week, pushing us to the -£200k mark.

But on the plus side of this, the team are comfortable in their new roles in my simplistic 4-4-2 with specific player instuctions. It seems to be working as I sit 3rd, W6, D1, L2. The main issue I'm having is with my defence letting goals through eg: I have conceded 1 goal in all bar one of my wins.

I think I might be able to solve this problem with an achor man and narrowing the defence, probably also with a more defensive mentality on one of the centre backs. Hopefully that will do the job.

I promise I will get bored of YouTube videos soon, but I have to say that

is probably the best goal scored against me this season. James Gilpin; knowingly lobbed.

Decided to take a 'softly, softly, catchee monkey' approach with Bagshaw and it seems to be paying dividends as he has five goals in his last four games :thup:

Hastings Utd - 1st Jan Update 2011/12

One word sums up the first half of our season, 'Inconsistent', we can win 5-0 just as easily as lose 5-0,

We are sitting 11th currently, 8pts off the play off places.

We have on occasion got to within 2 pts of the play offs but then fell away again due to our inconsistent performances.

I shouldnt have been to surprised after the revolving door at the start of the season, most of the incomings have played their part but there have been a couple of stand outs

Christian Montano has been a Legend, 19 goals in 21 Games tells it own story, when he is out we really struggle

Toni Silva has been in great form on the right wing with 8 assists and 4 goals

Andrew Milne on the left has also chipped in with 6 goals but only the 1 assist

All in all i am satisfied that we look like avoiding relegation and that was priority one,

The play offs are an aim as only 8 pts off but we must find some consistency to get there

Words can't describe my delight. FC United 3 - 0 Leyton Orient. What an upset! McPike secured it with an absolute wondergoal from 25 yards out for the second goal in 68 mins. I changed from my usual attacking 4-2-4 to a 5-4-1 which payed off remarkably well, we were defending for practically the whole game bar the three attacks which led to the goals. Defence were absolutely brilliant and onwards we head to the 3rd Round! Don't think I could have got a much better draw, Chelmsford or Crewe.

Great result Bartman!

Don't tell 'em your name McPike!! (one for the more senior among us!)

Great result Bartman!

Don't tell 'em your name McPike!! (one for the more senior among us!)

Out of interest, how is everyone's away form?

Mine is:

Home - Pld 9 / W 7 / D2 / L0

Away - Pld 9 / W 1 / D2 / L6

Really can't get my head around it. If I can sort it out I've got a chance of going up, if it continues it'll be curtains.

I promise I will get bored of YouTube videos soon, but I have to say that
is probably the best goal scored against me this season. James Gilpin; knowingly lobbed.

Decided to take a 'softly, softly, catchee monkey' approach with Bagshaw and it seems to be paying dividends as he has five goals in his last four games :thup:

Didn't know you spoke Spanish.

AHHHHHHHHHH

God Dammit i hate January

Started 8 pts off playoffs with a thought that some consistency may seem us challange,

Instead the only consistency we have found is that of losing,

Have lost 4 from 5 and am now 15th and 13 pts off the play offs

Second game was a draw, first two games of the season were both home games, and only 1 point, was expecting much better.

Two away games in a row next, at Hednesford and Guiseley, hopefully I can get our first win of the season

I am on the verge on giving up. I want to play my new FM game but all I do is reload, reload, reload :(

If you don't find the team you want after a few hours of reloading, re-holiday. I'm not entirely sure why, but this seems to affect who goes up for me. I'm guessing the reputations of the non-league teams don't actually stay exactly the same as the game progresses through the first season, so in some saves it will have gone down a bit for your desired team making it harder to get, and in others up a bit. I had this save where I kept getting Nantwich every 15th reload or so, then holidayed again and didn't see them even once for the several hours of reloading it took to get Banbury.

Archived