dafuge's FM11 challenge

If you don't find the team you want after a few hours of reloading, re-holiday. I'm not entirely sure why, but this seems to affect who goes up for me. I'm guessing the reputations of the non-league teams don't actually stay exactly the same as the game progresses through the first season, so in some saves it will have gone down a bit for your desired team making it harder to get, and in others up a bit. I had this save where I kept getting Nantwich every 15th reload or so, then holidayed again and didn't see them even once for the several hours of reloading it took to get Banbury.

It does make sense and I've thought of it several times. I am actually on my 3rd holiday save. Perhaps I should give number 4 a go..

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a 3rd qualifying round of the FA cup against Basingstoke and my right back decides to do a Rio, only with a lot more force. He almost hammered it into the net under no pressure at all :oD

I conceeded a late equalizer because I made all my subs and my DM got injured.

Still I did beat them 2-0 in the replay.

I've just realised I didn't post a profile picture for my game,

I know it's a bit llate in the day but here it is anyway NorthwichVictoriaprofile.jpg

I'm 8 games into the season, W3 D3 L2 and sitting 7th. To say my form is inconsistent would be accurate, appears like many others on here.

Matlock Town Season Review (12/13)

Table

Graph

Season Review: Another fun season, really enjoying the new features SI has added. Everything went well from day one it might not look it on the graph but most of the season we had quite a few games in hand due to some nice cup runs and so not so nice weather and pitch conditions. The squad impressed me, I was planning for at least one more season in the BSP because I lost a lot of players I wanted in the first window to bigger sides, but once we got underway I knew we had a good shot at for at least making the play offs.

For the cups we started off with a good showing in the FA cup until I got a bit carried away resting starters we should of advanced another round, the FA Trophy more than made up for it though as we destroyed everyone we faced.

Cups:

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Team Info:

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Team Report

My Screen

Players:

D. 'Moody' Mooney - S: Love this guy, no matter how we are doing hes always in a bad mood. He seems happy we won promotion though so maybe hes not entirely insane.

M. Rigters - S: Really active player who set up a lot of goals, however he did miss games due to little injuries along the way.

S. Thornton - MC: The anchor of the team all season, this guy was simply epic at being the 'pass before the pass', great creative force and solid defensively as well.

Videos:

At a glance:

sig.php?u=10045

Next Season: Improve the defense.

Chippenham Town Mid-Season Update - Blue Square Bet South - 2011/12

With the season now officially half over, Chippenham Town currently find themselves mired in 15th place. We are 10 points clear of the relegation zone, but 11 out of the final playoff spot.

It has been a season of inconsistency. Our strikers by committee seem to be doing a decent job at making sure we score at least one a game. However, the defense has been shakey all year and 1 goal hasn't been enough to even earn a point with a draw. The goalkeeper situation is still up in the air as my current keeper continues to be unable to hang onto the ball and it is costing me points.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Top Goalscorer - Started as a super sub, but earned his starting job.

Best Avg Rating - Another striker who made his way into the side when injuries hit. His only problem so far is he can't seem to play a full 90 minutes.

Best Midfielder - Just recently signed, he has made an instant impact in his play maker role. Great passing and has brought out the best in my strikers.

Best Defender - Great in the air. A big strong back to lock down the middle. If only I could clone him I think the defense would get much better. He needs to work on his anticipation and positioning though.

Worst Goalkeeper - DO NOT SIGN. Despite handling of 14, he just can't seem to hold onto the ball. Hes probably cost me 6 points by now, and injuries to my backup are the only reason hes still in my side.

FA Cup

Unlucky draw saw us miss out on any easy games and we crashed out at our first opportunity.

FA Trophy

We did record one win in this competition, but then drew rivals and BSP club Bath City. It was a hard fought game, but an own goal and a late winner were enough to send us packing.

Finances - 40k in the red already... OUCH. If this keeps up I may be forced to sell my best players this summer to try and balance the books a bit.

Goals for the remainder of the year:

With both cup runs already over, the league is the only thing left to play for. The season goal remains the same, qualify for the playoffs! I still think its possible if we can put together a decent unbeaten run. Hopefully some of the teams ahead of us will slip up in the upcoming fixture congestion and we can make up the ground.

I'm still looking to bring in 1-3 very good players to push the squad over the top. The talent pool available is still very strong and I'm just hoping they will talk to me soon. I'm mainly looking for a new star goalkeeper, a second lock down CB, and an every day very pacy striker for up front.

sig.php?u=10095

Quick January update.

After 4 losses in our first 6 games, the form's picked up dramatically and we're now in with a chance of promotion. We're churning out 1-0s and 2-1s most of the time but I'll settle for that as long as we get points on the board. I signed 25 players and they're starting to gel.

Michael O'Halloran has been my best player by a distance, 14 goals in 25odd appearances and 7 assists too. It's nice to have a source of goals because we can't defend for toffee. In midfield Sam Hewson's been pretty great, 8 goals and 5 assists to his name.

Out of both cups already, which is annoying as I'd have liked the finances to cover my overflowing wage budget (currently £1.3k over).

Probably dodgey because of his eccentricity being really high at 17 Quav ;)

Yeah I hadn't had much experience with that stat before. I was mainly looking for handling/one on ones/ reflexes, and he looked stellar in those categories. Now I know better!

Just had an epic FA cup qualifying match with my BSS Chippenham against BSP side Farnborough (especially meaningful for me being an Aldershot fan!). Drew the first match 2-2, with a brand new signing Reece Caira making his professional debut in central midfield and bagging both goals. Then in the replay I went 2-0 down early, came back to 2-2, then Farnborough missed a penalty on 89 minutes. I go behind early in extra time, then we score twice to seal the win at 4-3. Stunning performance from my team, especially late on when we threatened to run away with it. They have really picked up their goalscoring with a change of tactics to turn a run of draws into wins.

I've tried to upload the highlights but it's failed twice, so i'll give it another go later.

o.O I just got offered like 10 players from premier league squads during the january transfer window. No idea where they think I'm going to get the 500k+ they want for them though. I'm sure even if they offered them for free the players wouldn't sign for me lol. Its probably because I've started to compile my possible free transfer list for next summer.

Edit: I was tempted by the "Interact with board" button so decided to try it on one of them. Unsurprisingly my board was unwilling to provide me the 275k i asked for :p

Bloody Histon in my game are immense, unbeaten and 10 points clear at the top of the table...anybody else getting that?

Are you talking season 1 in the BSP or season 2 in the BSN? In season 1 on my game histon is mid-table in the BSP (11th). If its season 2 and they were relegated season 1 on your game that might explain their domination.

Hendon Dons Preseason Report 2012/13

New Signings(9k/week budget, already at 9.6k :D )

DL-Bradley Garston-18-$130/week-Instant upgrade over previous left back, and cheap also.

DR/MR-Jacob Hronec-20-$425/week-upgrade at right back where I intend to use him at.

ML-Sebastien Carole-29-$550/week-c/p upgrade at ML, I expect tons of assists from him.

GK-Greg Fleming-25-$230.week-I really have no idea how I got this guy and for so cheap, cause his stats are great.

Greg Fleming

ST/ARM-Marceo Rigters-28-$750/week-Although hes an accomplished Striker, I don't see myself using him there too often. Going to set up many goals.

ST/AMC-Nikola Saric-21-$600/weekAnother 15 pace/10+finishing guy, highly aggressive, should score alot.

MC/DM-Ian Herring-28-$200/week-Really underated(1.5 stars), his attributes make for a great DM, and solid MC.

Everyone is on a two year contract except Ian Herring.

Interesting Friendly Results-

Hartlepool (L1)- 2-1 victory

Peterborough(CH)-0-1 Loss-Peterborough goalie made 4 saves. 47/53 possession.

Media Expectations:24th

My stated expectations: Mid Table finish ($9k/week+6k transfer)

What I actually expect: Ok so the difference in wage budget between mid table finish to promotion and winner(both the same) was

$250... so on the off chance I don't get promoted, I will have at least made expectations. I totally expect to get promoted this season.

I don't know why anybody would tell the board their goal is to avoid relegation in the first few move ups, because you're really only inhibiting

yourself by giving yourself less $ to work with. Usually I go mid table since that's the first jump in cash usually. *shrug*

I've played this challenge now each time spanning the last 3 releases Haffie, and before that I think it was Gundo's European challenge I used to play.... enjoyed it everytime no matter though and I've been playing the FM/CM games a LONG time.

Playing a challenge such as this just gives the game a whole new dimension, and adds that extra bit of motivation to succeed.

Hi all, have had a go at different challenges over the years but not done this one for a good while, and never got too far when I did - so think its time to change that.

Decided to give it a go as Leamington - only problem was in my haste to get started I forgot to take my manager screenshot on the first day - so Ive got it from July 11th as long as thats okay?

Attributes

Personal info

Have been playing earlier today, but this is first time Ive got internet today. Started fairly steadily and we're in 7th place after 8 games. Strangely at home we have been poor and have only just won our first home game - whereas away we have a record of P4 W3 D1 L0 !

I dont think we are going to win too many prizes for our style of football this season :) - I've gone for tall strong CBs (one of them is 6' 7"), decent pace out wide and the target man, quick striker combo up front. I'm hoping that, despite us not being technically too good, the physical attributes of those players can help us overachieve.

It was hard to attract any staff to the club, never mind decent ones, so I dont think I can rely on my scouts too much!

Good luck to everyone else taking part :thup:

I've played this challenge now each time spanning the last 3 releases Haffie, and before that I think it was Gundo's European challenge I used to play.... enjoyed it everytime no matter though and I've been playing the FM/CM games a LONG time.

Playing a challenge such as this just gives the game a whole new dimension, and adds that extra bit of motivation to succeed.

Totally agree Jaffa, I'm always starting a game in the lower leagues but this gives lower leagues an extra dimension, and the motivation to succeed is incredible! Seen this challenge on the forums for a few years now but never had the urge to play, but finally after going for it, I think this will be the only save I have until FM2012!

Banbury United Season Review (11/12)

Table

Graph

Season Review: A season that started off very erratic bur promising, then the team had a downer near the end, but managed to recoup themselves in the end.. Leading to:

Penalty shoot-out win in the Play-offs!

For the cups we started off with a good showing in the FA cup until second round where we lost to a L2 team, whilst deserving more. The FA Trophy saw us through to the Semis, where we lost to BSP AFC Wimbledon, hampered very much by the tiredness of my squad. Which was a theme that bothered us the whole season, even with rotation it was hard to have a fully fit team due to cup replays, and fixture congestion.

Team Info:

Finances

Transfers Strayed over Wage Budget with 500, but managed to have a profit due to cup runs mostly.

Transfers pt. 2

Players:

The Underperformers:

Botond Antal - Scouts loved him, coaches loved him, but he never impressed me. He did manage to be a good penalty stopper (though the Playoff final were both misses from the opponent.) But he is probably replaced next season.

Nathan Rooney - Really good stats, but not the rating to show for it.. Still he proved a strong part of the team, and I'm sure he will be there next season.

First Half Key Men:

François Kompany - First half of the season was amazing, with many assists and general good play. Last half was less good, but still managed to play good enough to feature player of the year shortlist.

Callum Bagshaw - First half of the season was also amazing, topscorer, and overall great player, became noticeably worse in second half, but still scored a goal in Play-off Final.

Second Half Key Men:

Nathaniel Jarvis - First half of the season was poor, with me regretting signing him for such a high wage.. But he skyrocketed the second half, and managed to become league topscorer, and player of the year.

Fraser Kerr - First half of the season was decent, nothing more. But he really motivated himself for second half, with some goals and good performances leading him to convince me he could lead the defence in absence of Albrechtsen.

Overall Performer:

Jacob Albrechtsen - Great Defender, wanted by L1, L2 and even one time a CH club.. But I hope he remains faithful.

Next season goal: New GK, new FBs, and stay up or better.

Interesting tidbit: I have won Manager of the Season award, without ever becoming Manager of the Month. Wonder how many Steam profiles have the Boss achievement but not the Top of the Class one ;)

Weymouth - 2012/2013 Season Review

Finished 1st with 85 points. Promotion is shocking to everyone after finishing 12th first season.

League Table: http://screencast.com/t/6bhxRBNOTa

Squad (Sorted by rating): http://screencast.com/t/orXOWEAEsK

To note, I did go out in both the first rounds of the FA Cup and FAT so perhaps this had something to do with my league consistency (with no distractions). Though this disappointed the board, being in the BSP next season should be nice.

Updated sig to reflect final position:

sig.php?u=10119

Hendon Dons Preseason Report 2012/13

New Signings(9k/week budget, already at 9.6k :D )

ST/AMC-Nikola Saric-21-$600/weekAnother 15 pace/10+finishing guy, highly aggressive, should score alot.

Nikola was another one who was awesome for me last year in the BSP/L2. His pace just causes loads of defenders trouble and hes got the finishing/composure to put them away when he gets in behind the defense. Hes currently on my shortlist, but wont talk to me yet :( He seems to always have fairly high contract demands, but is well worth it imo! Great signing!

Congrats on promotion Elnaith and timers!

I hate the January transfer window! All the bigger teams again start making free agent offers and my shortlist options for future signings who wont talk to me have gotten smaller. Its getting late in the year now and players should be starting to get desperate. I've offered a contract to an ex-Tottenham youth keeper to hopefully replace Mr. Butterfingers. My #1 striker prospect (the above mentioned Nikola Saric) is still availible and I'm hoping to bring him in as soon as he starts talking to me.

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 1 - 2011/12 – Blue Square North

Preseason - Media Prediction: 21st

The Journey Begins

Club Info

Swinburn returns to FC United. After my success in last year’s challenge, I decided once again to go with a place that feels like home in the FM world. The board wanted me to attempt to avoid relegation. So, in true fashion, I aimed higher. My aim was to finish in the top half.

The Season

The season was a bit of a rollercoaster ride, despite never dropping below 10th. We had big wins, but equally big losses. Eventually we pulled the act together and secured 4th place. Our cup runs weren’t so good, going out of the FA Cup in the 2nd Qualifying Round, and the FA Trophy in the 2nd round. Star players include Omar Koroma, James Poole and Greg McDermott. Honourable mentions go to Samuel Ameobi and Dean Deagle who also put in top performances.

FC United v Histon | Histon v FC United

FC United v Boston United

Blue Square North Table | Position Graph

Transfers | Squad

Confidence | Finances

FC United Awards

Fan's Player of the Year

Omar Koroma

It’s no wonder Omar is Fan’s Player of The Year. 20 goals to his name, 43 appearances, 12 assists, 7 Man of The Matches. Most of this from the right wing. He had an average rating of 7.21. Great season from him.

Top Scorer

James Poole

26 goals in 48 games. He only just claimed Top Scorer, with Omar Koroma just behind on 20, playing on the wing. Nevertheless, Poole played a very important role in our promotion. His form dipped in the later stages of the season, which led to Samuel Ameobi occasionally getting picked ahead of him. Next season will be a very important one for Poole, as he'll face stiff competition to keep his place.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

The 7-1 thrashing of Bradford PA

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Greg McDermott

Greg had a great season. 46 games, 6 goals and 12 assists from a defensive midfield role. Whilst Poole and Omar Koroma had higher average ratings, without Greg, the team wouldn't have been the same. That was demonstrated when he was out injured for a few weeks. He scored a few fantastic goals and hopefully he can keep that up next season.

Goal of the Season

3rdSamuel Ameobi v Stafford

2ndGreg McDermott v Bradford PA

1stGreg McDermott v Hyde

Next Season

My aim for next season is to stay up, simple as. Doing better in the cups would be nice too. Keeping our star players is a must, but it looks like we’re really going to have to strengthen to stay up. My outside aim is to get to the playoffs, but we’ll have to see how we do.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12         Blue Square North         4th           Promoted - Playoffs 

Congrats on promotion jordan! Will be great seeing FC united move up through the leagues!

For those of you that have been promoted already, are you getting lots of interest in your players from other teams? Has anyone sold anyone for good money yet or are teams much more penny-pinching that previous years?

Up to the usual again. 23 ins, 14 outs. I personally feel that I've made some outstanding signings here. I found that if you look at the released players in the Premier League from the year before, some of them are still available, and still as good.

I've just got Jan Sebek, Arsenio Hafhuid, Ignasi Miquel, Cedric Evina, Nick Ajose, Ryan Fredericks, Omar Elabdellaoui, Richard Bryan, Jeffrey Monakana, Nikola Saric and Fabio Borini, all using that method. Also managed to pick up Francisco Duran from Sheffield Wednesday.

I'm 2k over my budget, but I've still got cuts to make.

(Which turned out to be unnecessary when I asked my board for more wage budget) :)

Archived