dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've taken control of Marine A.F.C (or just Marine), partly because of their name but also party because of their great kit.

Nice, I'm nine games into my first season with Marine, the last of which was my first defeat of the season (1-0 at Stalybridge :(). Will keep an eye out for your progress :thup:

Where are people getting logo's from?

Have a corrupt file so have to start again due to me not having backed up my file (I know rookie mistake, should know better!) back on hol mode will pick a team to start again as have fallen out of love with the mighty K's already (also because I was them last year and won the premiership but not europe)

In my pre-season friendlies and the first 3 league games i've had something like 5 penalties and only scored 1. And that's using guys with 17 and 16 for penalty taking too!

Same stats for me, including preseason. 5 total penalties, only 1 scored.

FC United going alright in the league so far, sitting in 6th place after 8 games...

Matlock Town Season Review (11/12)

Table

Graph

Season Review: Very fun start to FM11, was in the hunt all season and on the l

. Added some decent talent all from frees, still looking for my solid player I want to take up through the ranks with me, try and find one for every game. Nothing special in the cups.

Cups:

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Team Info:

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Team Report

My Screen

Players:

C. Fagan - S: Solid pick up once my scout spotted him, came in and lead the team in goals and stayed fairly healthy.

G. Mania - S: Another good find, partnered up front with however was healthy until Fagan arrived after that he started racking up assist.

L. Stiklakis - DC: Rock in the back four all season, not sure if hes up for the next level though.

At a glance:

sig.php?u=10045

Next Season: I want to have a very strong back four right out of the gate, going to get all my scouts out looking for that.

Chippenham Town Pre-Season Review 2011/2012 - Blue Square Bet South

It has been quite a busy time since I took over at Chippenham Town in June. 20 players have left the club either via free transfers or being released. A total of 28 new faces have been brought to Hardenhuish Park in the last 3 weeks. In addition, the entire backroom staff has been completely replaced. I'm confident that the players that have come in are good enough to achieve the top half finish the board is expecting. With a bit of luck and a good run or two and I believe this squad can win the league.

Current Staff - I've decided to post my staff as there are quite a few people having trouble getting staff to sign.

Assistant Manager

Roy O'brien - Roy was quite the journeyman in his playing career. He had stints at Arsenal, Wigan, Bournemouth and Cork City amongst many others. While his coaching stats aren't that great, I'm hoping his playing career will translate to coaching improvements as we go. Either way his experience should be very valuable to this rookie Manager. He was convinced to sign via a Player/Assistant contract. Don't tell him he won't be playing :p

Coaches

Mark Clark - Mark is another journeyman player with stints at both West Brom and Wolves. He seems to currently be volunteering his time coaching at Chippenham. I can't remember if he was the one that accepted the 1p offer I was trying to use to negotiate with him, or whether he was signed as a player/coach and then retired as a player without me noticing. Either way, he has decent stats, and I like free labor! :cool:

Scott Hiley - As you've probably guessed, Scott is another player who has been all over the place. His playing career saw stints at places such as Exeter, Birmingham, Man City, Southhampton, and Portsmouth. He is also on a player/coach contract, but won't see the pitch at all.

Scouts - Originally I was looking for scouts with great disciple. My reasoning is that I hoped they could turnover more report cards quickly and hopefully reveal as many additional stats as possible so I could make a decision on who to sign. I then asked the board for additional scouts. They agreed and a week later I was able to have 6 scouts. As the discipline idea didn't seem to be working (they could still only do 2 reports a day), I tried to find scouts with the best PA possible for the remaining scouts. Despite my best efforts, I was only able to find 2 extra scouts who would sign, bringing my total to 4. They now churn through 8 report cards a day and I am almost through my shortlist!

Phil Alexander

Dean Hickman

Anthony Morrish

Lionel Meade

Players - As mentioned earlier I have brought in 28 new players so far. At this point I won't be naming them in this section as I know there are many people still just starting. I want to give those who want to find their own players a chance to do so. I know its one of the things I really enjoy at the start of each game. If your interested in seeing some of them, they will show up in the end of match screen shots. Everyone so far is rated at league 2 or above potential, and I'm hoping I can use the same core group of players to get at least that far. That being said, when most of them were signed my best scout had 8 judging PA, so I have no idea if those reports are even accurate :p

Fixtures - I arranged 4 additional friendlies against local club teams to get the guys match fit. We already had a friendly scheduled with Boreham Wood (BSS) as well as one with parent club Swindon from League 1. NOTE: The links container player names. If you haven't picked your squad yet and don't want to see them, DO NOT click the links.

Friendly #1 - Devizes 5 - 0 Win - Other than the red card for a horrific tackle from behind this was a great match. I got goals from both set pieces and open play. Defensively, we allowed only 1 shot and it was not on target. If only they could all be like this.

Friendly #2 - Boreham Wood 1 - 1 Draw - This would be our first and only test against like level opposition and could be a good indicator of how our season would go. This was a much more even affair, but I feel we played very well. The team bounced right back after giving up the goal (the only shot on target all game) and scored the equalizer. Despite being the underdog, we kept the lions share of possession and there were not discipline problems (which is odd as I play on hard tackling).

Friendly #3 - Colne 2 - 1 Win - After going a goal down early due to a mental error, the squad bounced back well. We allowed only 3 shots on goal all game and again dominated possession. Both goals coming from the midfield was slightly worrying and we may struggle to score in many matches this season. Keeping a clean sheet is going to be key.

Friendly #4 - Swindon 0 - 1 Loss - With Swindon being a league 1 team I was expecting to be crushed. The 0-1 score line was a fantastic result for the squad. Even better was that the only goal Swindon scored was a complete fluke. My keeper cleared the ball off the Swindon forwards back and it bounced over his head and was tapped into the goal. Only 1 other shot on target was allowed all game. We even managed to squeak out the time of possession victory.

Friendly #5 - Corsham 3 - 0 Win - Another win and another clean sheet. No shots on target all game. That is a very good way to keep me happy :thup:

Friendly #6 - Melksham 3 - 1 Win - Goals seem to be flowing from my midfield this year. This is particularly nice as I tend to struggle with scoring and usually have to rely on my defense to pick up the results. The Melksham goal in second half stoppage time was enough to get my blood boiling however. You can't stop playing at the end lads! :mad:

In review: Its been a fantastic preseason for us. The squad seems to already been working well together despite being together for only a few weeks. The defense is staying compact and giving the keeper nothing to do, which is just the way I like it. A clean sheet is a guaranteed point and we will rely on them to get us through any goal droughts that may happen during the season. I'm still ~1100p under my wage budget, which is great because there are still some very good talents out there to be signed. They won't talk to me at the moment, but I'm hoping in a few months of sitting at home they will be eager to sign on for first team football! Bring on the Blue Square Bet South, Chippenham Town is ready!

Season Review: Very fun start to FM11, was in the hunt all season and on the last game of the year we clinch the top spot [/Quote]

Congrats on promotion! Is this the first of the challenge this year or have I missed someone else?

Congrats on promotion! Is this the first of the challenge this year or have I missed someone else?

Someone posted last page I think.

Chippenham Town Pre-Season Review 2011/2012 - Blue Square Bet South

Looking good, good luck for the season.

Awesome :D

where do you get the IDs that it asks for, for club etc

Also does anyone have a Badge and Kit file to add in yet?

The kits/badges can be found over on sortitoutsi.

For the ids there is a option to tick that will show them in place of the players name.

I hate being asked whos going to win the league on day 1 of the season, impossible not to make someone on the team upset...

That question always gets a no comment from me until the last week of the season, then hopefully it fires the lads up for the last week when I say its us :)

The kits/badges can be found over on sortitoutsi.

For the ids there is a option to tick that will show them in place of the players name.

not sure if i am just being Dumb but i cant see the Kit DLs their, just ones for 2010 version of the game

Do you guys use tactics from the forums here or create your own?

I create my own. It depends on the players I have at the time, but I'm almost always in a 4-4-2 varient. I've considered 4-5-1 to be even harder to break down, but tbh I have enough trouble scoring with 2 strikers on the pitch lol. Give it a try, it is not that difficult, especially with the tactics creator thingy and then just tinker with it as you go. I'm pretty much using the same base tactic I've used on FM for years. With slight modifications, it works just as well with Chippenham Town as it does with Manchester United :)

Anyone else have a goalkeeper that is a complete butterfingers? He just cant hang on to the ball and its driving me crazy. 2 dropped balls went into the back of the next in the last game alone :(

I've picked up James Gilpin as a keeper. He's not brilliant (1 clean sheet in 17 attests to that) but he's decent enough and very strong in one on one situations, which is very handy as my midfielders have a habit of giving the ball away and letting us get hit on the counter quite a lot.

Pre Season Hendon-

2011: HENDON DONS- BSS

Players Signed:

ST-Gary Noel-

ST-Jason Norville-

MC-Grant Spencer-

DR-Rhema Obed-

DC-Jonathon Glowaski-

MC-Will Packwood-

MC-Abdul Said-

DC-William Ekong-

GK-Kristian Rogers-

MRL-Brian McGroary-

DL-Daryn Hennessey-

MC-Francis Zenaba-

MR-Albert Owusu-Ansah

ST-Michael Ngoo-18 heading=yeeeeeeeeesss

ML-Andy Burgess

Friendlies-all away-not too concerned with going in depth with these.

First friendly:

Lost 1-0 against Tampon. hmph

Second Friendly-

Win 3-0 against Maltavera-

Third Friendly-

Win 1-0 against Woking

Fourth Friendly-

Win 6-2 against Nauti

Fifth Friendly-

Lost 3-1 against Sport Aguila-

Not a good start or end.

New Staff-

Coaches-

Dave Howard-defense coach

Kevin Donovan-attack coach

Scouts-

Lionel Meade-Potential

Matthew Broughton-Ability

"Old" Staff"

Physio:

Mark Findlay-15 physio :thup:

First Regular Season Game against Basingstoke. Just want a result. Should be able to promote quite easily as long as injuries don't crush me. :cool:

• SI Staff

I've spent my entire saturday night reloading in an attempt to manage Whitby Town, but to no avail. They're the only team i really want after a good save i had with the on fm09. Gave up the reloading on fm10 and settled for kendal town but that save never really got off the ground, probably cos i was secretly pining for whitby!

Unfortunately i now feel the need to appeal for anyone who comes across whitby to please save the game for me!

This is me, brand spanking new head coach of

Lowestoft Town Football Club

The easternmost place in England, indeed, in Britain, has lured my decrepit, hirsuit body out of the somnolent "retired" status I have held for so long after I hung up my boots to take on one of the more challenging efforts available. Lowestoft have been promoted to the Blue Square Bet North one year after having managed to make it to the Isthmian Premier Division for the first time. With a stadium that seats only 466 (some 1800 others are accorded the "pleasure" of standing to watch), with finances that, while not in the tatters of a club like Northwich Victoria, are more attuned to the requirements of the eighth tier of English footie, and with only 23 adult players (nine of which are nominally "reserves"), this should present a serious challenge to my efforts at glory. I had best have some patience and persistence, I am thinking!

My choices other than Lowestoft were:

FC Halifax (tempting, almost like AFC Wimbledon only earlier in the cycle, but I've done AFC Wimbledon under FM '09, and Lowestoft face even harder to overcome effects of a sudden rise in fortune)

Northwich Victoria (not tempting at all; a financial trainwreck waiting to happen)

Hastings United (I hate claret and blue kits)

Salisbury City (Too easy)

Tooting and Mitcham (dafuge has made them unplayable; after his result last year, they should be permanently retired from the challenge :D)

And so, we embark upon the effort. My initial goal: make the Blue Square Premier within 5 seasons.

Archived