dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What Spanish issue? And c'mon mate! This thread wont be the same without your exploits!

The league suspension rules have been messed up, meaning players get banned after two yellows, instead of five.

I might join in later on in the year but I want to try something new this year.

5 matches done: 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 lost resulting in a 4th place...looking good for the rest of the season.

And I just managed to win 7-0 over Dover :D (I would like to put up a youtube link, but I keep getting errors when I upload - I may try again later).

Yeah I cant find an AssMan for love nor money :(

Gotta focus on staying up this season, hopefully next season I can get more staff and start improving...finding it very hard to assess which players are the first choice ones - I keep getting accused of playing "weakened teams"!!!

GL to all those who have just started!

I'm just getting to the my friendly fixtures and will have a mini-update at the end of it which may help some of you with staff. I'm going about it in a different way this year as it has become so much harder to recruit good people. ALL of my staff this year (bar scouts) are signed on player/staff contracts. They aren't the greatest stat wise, but I'm hoping that as all ex players they will continue to improve after they retired. They also seem to be under the misguided impression that they are still good enough to play, so If you give them longer contracts they will accept low wages (which is all we can offer lol). Most of mine will never see the pitch unless theres a severe injury crises (knock on wood that doesn't happen), but they don't need to know that! :)

edit: forgot to mention the metalic logo mega pack is out for all those who were looking for it :) I believe it will include proper logos for all our teams! With this and the face pack out, all we need are new 3d kits now to have the complete setup! If anyone finds 2011 kits (2010 3d kits won't work) for the challenge teams, please let us all know!

GL to all those who have just started!

I'm just getting to the my friendly fixtures and will have a mini-update at the end of it which may help some of you with staff. I'm going about it in a different way this year as it has become so much harder to recruit good people. ALL of my staff this year (bar scouts) are signed on player/staff contracts. They aren't the greatest stat wise, but I'm hoping that as all ex players they will continue to improve after they retired. They also seem to be under the misguided impression that they are still good enough to play, so If you give them longer contracts they will accept low wages (which is all we can offer lol). Most of mine will never see the pitch unless theres a severe injury crises (knock on wood that doesn't happen), but they don't need to know that! :)

edit: forgot to mention the metalic logo mega pack is out for all those who were looking for it :) I believe it will include proper logos for all our teams! With this and the face pack out, all we need are new 3d kits now to have the complete setup! If anyone finds 2011 kits (2010 3d kits won't work) for the challenge teams, please let us all know!

Link please?

Hahahahaha!!!! That's up there with "Eagles want Eagles on loan"!!!

Good stuff :)

I cant link to the logo pack as the guy hasn't updated his download links on here directly, and we are apparently not allowed to link directly to the site its on. Its on Susie (no idea how they came up with that) if you know where that is and I think someone linked to it on post #506 of the official thread for it from last year (until they delete that link) in the skinning forum.

First preseason match - 2 red cards, one on each side. What a way to start! Both cards were absolutely derserved however. The first was a last man foul on my striker who was clean through on goal, while the second was for a horrific challenge from behind that I knew would draw red before it came out. Not a good way to convince me you deserve a spot on my team! Sadly it was one of my better rated players as well.

Just wanted to share my star signing (so far):

Christian Montano

I got him for free and he has scored 9 goals in 6 matches (including a hattrick) so far.

Hopefully he can keep it up for the rest of the season.

I picked him up about five games into the season. He hasn't forced his way into the line up yet though, and his stats in my game don't look as good as they do in yours :(

Annihilator666 - FC United - Season 11/12 - Blue Square North

Time for my yearly failure to complete dafuge's challenge. Was planning on playing with FC United, so was delighted when they came up first time round.

Manager info.

I was wondering when you would join :) Good luck with with FCUM :)

My team is the ultimate in hit-and-miss. 9 games played, 2 wins, 2 draws and 5 defeats in the league, and out of the FA Cup. We've had a 5-1 win against Ebbsfleet, a 3-0 victory away at Havant, but now have gone three straight defeats for the 2nd time in the season :( Help!

Ccurrently just won in the FA Cup thing, 3v1, but before had lost four in a row. I fear going back in to the league will see more defeats. I'm hoping that this season can be a consolidation year where I get to know the team and the game better, then get down to business next year. I have barely changed much in terms of tactics and training. Hmm

Hoping for the Might HENDON! after taking them to european glory but never winning the premiership (allthough i would of if man utd didnt keep taking my players and the chairman accepting, they had 8 of my ex players in their first team) so hopefully it will repeat itself! but ofc me winning the league!

I was wondering when you would join :) Good luck with with FCUM :)

Haha, thanks man.

I've had an interesting pre-season. Got hammered 5-1 by the reserve team in my first match in charge, so tweaked my tactics a bit and signed a lot of new players. Went on to win 4 of the next 5 games, with 1 draw.

Next up, first league match...

Hoping for the Might HENDON! after taking them to european glory but never winning the premiership (allthough i would of if man utd didnt keep taking my players and the chairman accepting, they had 8 of my ex players in their first team) so hopefully it will repeat itself! but ofc me winning the league!

As always, find savegames here

I reckon I've got a real shot at promotion this year as Truro. I'll post a mini update after my friendlies, but I think I've signed some real stars.

Anyone else finding it not particularly difficult to find some gems? I don't even use the player search.

I have been enjoying his versatility with having a small squad an AM R/L is invaluable

Guylain is probably the real star of my team as he has 8 in 6 since he signed but I really like the future of Silva as my ass man reckon he cud play league one football.

on a side not this is a network game I am playing and I am certainly faring better out of the two of us :)

Marine A.F.C.

1257848796_29.jpeg

I've taken control of Marine A.F.C (or just Marine), partly because of their name but also party because of their great kit.

sm_1257494439.jpg

Starting Squad A few strong(ish) players, but i'll be looking to pretty much revamp most of the squad.

Finances Pretty much as expected really. Think i'd be strangely disappointed if we actually had any money.

I think that with some shrewd decisions in the transfer market, combined with some good tactics and training, getting out of the Blue Square North is possible.

Archived