Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

However, you are not the only FM customer - a lot of people are more than happy to sacrifice detail for convenience. Look at the tactics creator - sacrifice the detail of sliders, gain time playing the game in a more natural way.

Tactics Creator didn't sacrifice detail. The sliders are still there. It's an addition, not a replacement.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see changes in the transfers in Italy. If you are for example Juventus, it's really hard to sign players from Italian teams like AC Milan, Inter, Roma... because they are rivals and they won't negotiate with your team. It's nearly impossible to sign top Italian players unless they're playing abroad, and Juventus always have a lot of italian players so it's unrealistic.

And this happen with all Serie A teams. It's very common in real life to see transfers between rival teams in Italy (Vucinic, Pandev, Pirlo all this year for example) so I would like to see that in the game.

And I would also like to see that players that are not that good in terms of potential or older players can have the possibility to become stars. I'm thinking of players like Luca Toni in real life who was playing in Serie B until he was 25 years old (I think).

To back you up most of the transfer dealings done in Serie A this season were internal & I think they have been the case for the last few seasons due to the top Italian sides being unable to compete with their counterparts in the other big leagues.

Tactics Creator didn't sacrifice detail. The sliders are still there. It's an addition, not a replacement.

I never said that the sliders were sacrificed for the tactics creator. I said people are willing to sacrifice detail for convenience. They are willing to use a less-accurate method of tactics creation (sliders offer much more minute control) in exchange for an easier interface.

i would like to see a fantasy mode, where everything is show and entertainment, where we can put together a team from every player and leagues, say for a certain amount of money. but also buttons that stocks completely around players like a slot machine. maybe also a function where we can unlock old legends too.

I feel that clubs are too rigid regarding loan fees. If they demand 50 % of the wages paid, but I only can offer 40 % and am the only bidder, most clubs would consider it anyway in real life. Especially when the transfer window are coming to an end. Free agents are usually more willing towards the end, clubs should be the same! Clubs should lower their demands as they would in real life, and I feel that FM so far does not reflect that part of real life in the game. When they eventually did it with free agents, I would have expected them to introduce it for clubs soon as well. Too late for FM12?

I'd like to see opportunity to change or build a new stadia for reserves and youth teams. Or make it possible to get a affiltiated club which have a stadium to rent for this purpose.

I realy want this feature as well. If both reserves and youths also using the pitch its condition is quite bad by January. I ended up using an editor and change mine to that of a small ground of a local team outside of FM league tiers. Now I have a pretty pitch all season and not a mud bath.

The option to have default filter option for scout reports, setting up the same filter options for each scout is tedious & I'm sure it would be fairly simple to implement.

Another tedious task that I'd like to see the end of is having to import your training schedules whenever you take up a new job, once I've created a new schedule I'd like it to stay on the list until I delete it.

Here's my two cents worth...

International football management...how to make it more of an experience

Seeing as the international fixture calender has so few games involved, its hard to enjoy a prolonged spell as an international manager, so it got me thinking, what if we took the current system and tweaked it slightly to give us an even better challenge and a more realistic one at that :-0

instead of just being able to pick from a pool of players and let's be honest, who isnt going to pick their international teams best players, how about we have a 'fog of war' were players start with their attributes masked...so how do you find out wh's going to be the next messi of your team?

Well as what happens in real life, you the manager watches games involving your countrys players, the more you watch them the more attributes you reveal, while the less you watch them or have them watched by your coaches, etc, they eventually fall out of the picture and their attributes that you have picked up, begin to fade away.

So say you are the england manager, you watch an arsenal youth match against blackburn youth, at the end of the game you pick up x amount of peoples attributes, it might take a further 5 games before you can be confident enough to say you've spotted an up and coming player for instance...It would of course be suited to a longer term game with newgens coming through, you'd need to use the time inbetween games to get a better prospective of your future stars and of course your opponents...but once you have their attributes 'unlocked' they'll stay unlocked for a year before you lose a few of them, and maybe another game would bring them back to being unlocked again, ofcourse in this time their attributes could change, they could get better but you wouldn't know until you watch them again...you could also have your countrys clubs top scouts,coaches,managers coming to you with one of reports giving you added information on a certain player whos playing well, certain club players or even a full team...

Thoughts and opinions please?

The option to alter pitch dimension more frequently, AFAIK there are no rules stating that a pitch must remain the same size all season or must be a set size to meet the criteria of all competitions without alteration. Stoke have to mark out a wider pitch for Europa League games yet they will still use the narrow option in the EPL so why can't this be done in FM? It would also be nice to have the option to alter the dimensions if we take charge of a new club mid-season..

This could be expanded to an area of interaction with the ground staff whereby we can call the head groundsman in for a meeting at any time (this is key, we should call the meeting rather than the game forcing it upon us) & have them be able to perform a variety of alterations, such as alter pitch dimensions (the Delap counter), we have Arsenal next up at home so can you let the grass grow a little longer to hinder their passing game, I need a better passing surface so make sure the pitch is nice a slick before the match. I'm sure you get the idea.

I made a thread for discussing this, but before it fades into obscurity better copy-paste it into here:

Here is a list of ideas of mine about possible improvements to the AI, and the general balance of the in-game football world regarding tactics. Basically, I'd like to see a realistic simulation of how formations and tactical ideas spread among managers, clubs, nations, around the whole world of football. And while this may seem overly ambitious, I believe it's entirely possible to model through a pack of possible features which I'm going to call "tactical trends".

The basic foundations

a) Managers already have in the editor things like how deep they like their defensive line, how narrow/wide they like their tactics, etc. All are already in-game but are not displayed in their profiles. Display it.

b) Let's add favourite and disliked attributes for managers. Guardiola likes small, intelligent, quick, technical players. So that would translate into favourite attributes: Decisions, Pace, Technique; disliked attribute: Jumping. Conversely, Tony Pullis may like Strength and Jumping above everything. Alex Ferguson may want Determination in all his players. I'm just tired of seeing managers sign players that don't fit their mould at all just because they have high CA/PA. I've seen Chris Wood signing for Barça. This feature should help prevent this sort of issue as long as it's taken into consideration when they buy players.

c) Related to b). Have favoured preferred moves. Ie, someone like Guardiola will be more likely to sign players that like to play one-twos, and will be likely to try to teach that preferred move to his players.

d) Expanding on the previous two ideas, one that could affect the human managers as well. You could instruct your youth academy to search for players and develop players with the traits that you want: attributes and preferred moves.

e) Related to a). Like managers, clubs already have in-editor their preferred style of play, ex. Barcelona fans will prefer attacking play and a 4-3-3 system, italian clubs may prefer defensive, counter-attacking play. First, display it. Second, have them more likely to hire managers that fit their traditional ideals. Otto Rehaggel could've won the Euros another 2 times for Greece and he'd never be considered for the Barça job, because he's the total anti-thesis of their football. If somehow he got the job, he'd have a very hard time conquering the fans' confidence.

Turning the static basics into dynamism - tactical trends

f) Preferred styles of play don't stay static throughout the years. Before Rinus Michel, Barcelona had no connection to the dutch 4-3-3. The success of Helenio Herrera's catenaccio instilled a defensiveness in italian football that was not as deep before him. Now how to model this in FM? Let's say Rehaggel does get the Barça job, and wins everything playing a long-ball ultra-defensive 5-4-1. Would it erase a tradition of 40 years of attacking football? No. But it'd make the fans progressively more receptive to defensiveness, as he kept on winning things. Whereas in a smaller club, if a certain manager suddenly wins an unprecedented major trophy, his style of play may have a huge influence for the future of the club.

g) Now, club preferences aren't the only thing that's not static in real life. Managerial ideas don't stay static. Truly great managers can see their own flaws and adapt. Ferguson at a point decided to abandon the 4-4-2 in Europe. Mourinho has used different tactics in different teams. I want top managers in FM to be able to change their favourite tactics and try different things, if what they are doing doesn't work for a long period of time.

h) Another way of adapting is mimicking success. Luis Enrique trying to use the Barcelona system at Roma? 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-3 spreading through Europe so quickly they're becoming the new standard tactics, like 4-4-2 used to be? There are countless examples of this. I want it to happen in FM too. First, have a news item at the end of each major competition (euro/world cup/champions league/national league) reviewing the tactical trends of the year and the most successful trends. Adaptable managers with a history of recent failure will be tempted to follow these trends. Likewise, recently graduated regen managers, and players who have just become managers, will be heavily influenced by them.

i) Tactical trends should be either national, continental or international - depending on which competitions are analysed. Smarter managers will be influenced the whole picture, while more limited managers will stick to traditionalist ideas or may only be affected by national trends. Or maybe great managers should consider the most trends that fit the level of competition they're facing. It may not make much sense to mimic Barcelona with lower-league players that have no technique. Maybe someone managing an underdog in his league will be inspired by the tactical system of a minnow club that overachieved remarkably.

j) Tactical trends should not be limited simply by formation and attacking/defensiveness. Consider every factor available on club and manager editor profiles. Depth of defensive line, width/narrowness, pressing, zonal/man marking, creative freedom, etc. Favourite attributes and favourite preferred moves may trend too.

k) DO NOT overdo this tactical trends idea. I want a dynamic world of football, not a world where everyone converges to one formation, one style of play after a few seasons. There should always be managers willing to think out of the box and follow their own path. And the odd chairmen willing to sign managers that follow a different path from the club's traditional ideas, particularly when the club's recent history has been made of failure. A good balance between the trend-followers, the traditionalists, and the pioneers is key to a healthy dynamic football world.

------------------------------------------------------

I believe that these ideas are not horribly complicated to put in-game. It would take quite a large bit of development, but certainly not as much as the adding leagues feature they came up with for FM2012! And it'd be great for the immersion of the game and the competitiveness of it. Imagine dominating a league, then suddenly a few managers try to figure out your system and copy parts of it (or your entire tactic) - while other of your rivals start hiring foreign managers with radically different ideas in order to cut loose with their failures versus your team. It'd be fun. Realistic. Dynamic.

Perhaps "tactical trends" could even be expanded into "management trends" in further developments. As in, transfer policy trends. Do your success comes from only buying youngsters? Someone else will try it too. Is it your desperation to get world class scouts above everything else? There'll be more competition for signing them.

During a long save, it's a bit tricky to remember your relationships with other managers so it would be nice to have the relationship status info right there where you need it when you're discussing relationships. It's a very small thing but there you go :D

fm12345.jpg

I would like the ability to turn off press conferences and player interaction. I know people will say you can set your assistant manager to do press conferences, but that way it can still affect the performance of your team. Basically, I would like to set the game up so that only the quality of players, tactics and training affect the performance of my team.

Definitely agree with the user who said if you sign a player you should be able to send him back to the team you just signed him from on loan.

Also like the idea of playing a role with sponsors and more so.. kit colours and designs as you have the same kit for 50 years if you play long enough!

Also wish as a Northern Irishman, the leagues like Northern Irish leagues would have clubs full of N.I. players whereas if I start a league in N.I. within a year there are about 98% Englishmen per team so I suppose clubs in smaller countries reflected reality and had loads of players from that country.

One extremely frustrating part of the game is the regens. I have Genie Scout and I have got players come through my academy with potential abilities of 195 and so on but can only be something like 70% in their best position. Surely the higher the potential ability, the higher best potential rating but nearly all of them are really low and don't seem to match up?

The ability to fine players who are booked for diving, damn annoying when the same player(s) get booked for throwing themselves to the ground & the only option to stop the problem is to ditch the cheat.

Almost forgot another one, would like to see a more realistic representation of fans at the ground, when a ground is only half full fans do not sit/stand in small groups, we're tribal & as such group together & since when did away fans get an entire stand behind the goal in large stadia? They should be tucked away on the corner.

I know it maybe too late for this and it may have been suggested previously, (I aint going through 75 pages to check XD )

My suggestions:

1 - Is that for a specific position, the priority attributes are highlighted. Meaning that a DMC has certain attributes (Strength, Tackling, Passing, Concentration etc etc etc) compared to a Holding DMC or a Support MC..

Or the different attributes needed to make a good ML compared to a AML (I know pace, crossing, dribbling etc) are the most common, but some others may make a better ML. Seems very vague, but what I see in my head, is hard to write down lol

But what attribute are better for a Deep Lying Forward compared to a Poacher?

This should be highlighted as there favoured "role" but when in there tactics creator, or when selected the role within the position, the attributes should be highlighted on what's needed to optimise that position.

2 - Contracts, a 33 year old is already within my squad on 185k a week, he wants 210k a week and wont budge, to then leave on a free go to a different club for 30k a week..

2a - Following on from this, I lost about about 15% confidence from my board as I let this player go, surely the board wouldn't want me spending 210k on a backup player or I could talk to the board and explain this reason?

3 - Talk to board about the their confidence on your signings, as when you buy someone as a backup, they have poor confidence in this purchase, you should then explain to them and say, he was bought cheaply as cover, or was only a hand full of players good enough or that other players contract demands were too high/beyond reason to warranty the place in the squad etc..

4 - Youth Players/Contracts - You set a star rating, and your ass man either offers contracts until a certain age, or release's the player below a certain PA rating (e.g., 2 stars)

5 - Chairman Mode - You act as the chairman of a club (or unemployed, and have a budget to buy a club and try to progress to start at a top club) and you get the ability of running of a club, can deal with the facilities of a club, organise ticket sales by offering lower rates, or free days, firing or staff/manager, player sales or intervene with sales etc, try to sell the club for profit to make another club purchase, etc etc, you get my drift??? :-)

6 - Not sure if this is an option or not, but try and force players off international retirement, or ask players to just help due to injuries or something.

7 - More to add to your own profile, favourites TEAMS (not just 1 team), favourite personnel, and up to 3 languages spoken..

I had loads/more detail last night but ive slept and lost all this information hahaha :)

lol, I had this with save and status being next to each other in FM10... I must have saved the game hundreds of times by accident...

Whilst I'm here, I'd like the ability to run more than a single instance of FM at any one time, I know I can run FM09 and FM11 alongside each other, but I want to run my Barcelona and Hereford FM11 saves simultaneously and I can't... "football manager is already running" :(

lol, you're insane

it's a whole new level of FM addiction :)

The ability to post vacancies for jobs when the incumbent is unwilling to sign a contract extension.

At the moment my assman is unwilling to agree to a new deal with his current one ending in 2 months, my preference is to let him run down his contract & have a replacement ready for when he leaves but as things stand I have to either sack the guy & pay up the remainder of his contact or do without an assistant while I wait for a decent candidate to apply for the job once I can advertise the position.

The ability to post vacancies for jobs when the incumbent is unwilling to sign a contract extension.

At the moment my assman is unwilling to agree to a new deal with his current one ending in 2 months, my preference is to let him run down his contract & have a replacement ready for when he leaves but as things stand I have to either sack the guy & pay up the remainder of his contact or do without an assistant while I wait for a decent candidate to apply for the job once I can advertise the position.

Yeah, this would be a very welcome addition. Especially as you can't ask your assman to filter out unrealistic targets, because you don't have one!

Gets a thumbs up from me.

I haven't read through all the suggestions obviously, so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I would love there to be a mode in which you could start your career in a particular decade. Say 1990, and take over the reins at, for example Manchester United and have the likes of Giggs and Scholes coming up in your youth team and mould them. Or manage and build teams with legends like Maradona and Cruyff, and maybe alter history to suit what you wish had happened all those years ago.

It would take painful amounts of research, more than anything, to pull that off, but I would absolutely love it. Perhaps something to think about a couple of years ahead?

I have wanted something like this for many many years now, using the lastest features with classic players

i would also really like to play friendly matches and tours which can include national teams along with u21 national teams etc

eg tour with man utd to india and the last match vs india national side.

but also work the other way around india national team tour euro playing man utd, steaua, monaco and inter milan

i like the idea of one of your players being called to play for his national side to play against you and will you let them and risk upsetting them or maybe even other members of the squad.

the other thing i would like is a kind of death match between friends teams where say 10 of you can upload you current team and play against each other even if you all have man utd and half the players are the same but each person using his/her own style of play and tactics.

I suggest to the next fm or a next patch(who knows!), to use the money we earn for useful things. Like: learning languages, improve our director (i do not know the exat name in english sorry), if we improve our director he will be able to atract more clubs to contract us,.. And probably there are more useful things to do with that money.

Director - I think you are referring to the agent.

Never a fan of the call for the manager to make use of his money, SI would have to introduce a taxation model which I think they should for players*, having an agent to seek better employment or improved contract terms however does get a :thup: from me.

*This is something I'd like to see for that little added realism, as things stand £100K pw in the UK or £100K in Spain is exactly the but in real life the take home difference could be as much as £30K pw more to the player in Spain. With all the extra revenue in England the real life tax issue helps to ensure that the best talent is not sucked in by the Premier league & I would like to see this introduced to the financial model to add more depth to the transfer market, there is also teh added issue of club financial control as like any employer they will have to deal with the tax requirements & make sure the bills are paid.

Spent too much on players & now you can't pay your tax bill, unlucky, here's a points deduction & exclusion from the Champions League.

BIG name problem on FM12, Travis Munn has been called Bradley Munn and Benjamin Horsley's name has been spelt Benjamin Horsely in Mansfield Town U18S, can you change this asap, every thing else is correct with our D.O.B but it is just our names. if you can sort this it will be great :D

thanks

Travis Munn

Mansfield Town U18s

Are you sure that your name is Travis?

The should be a data issues page somewhere, also gives you the chance to plead with the Mansfield Town researcher that you should have better first touch. :D

Can we have the ability to tell my reserve team manager how much match time I'd like him to give my 1st team players that are regaining match fitness.

Just a simple copy of the international friendly 45 minute instruction would be nice.

Edit: Another one, change the show onto option to - Weaker foot/inside/outside, IMHO a more realistic instruction set for defenders.

Less team talk/conversations if I am a manager of a team in a country where I do not speak the language. For example, If I am an English manager and just got a job with a German team, I should have a lot less conversation options in Team Talks, Interviews, Player Interactions...but more will be added as I learn the language through out the game.

Can we have a simple counter to the bullet long throw? I have seen in the past that when teams have come up against the likes of Dave Challinor (his throw had a higher trajectory) or Rory Delap they will try to knock the ball out for a corner rather than concede a throw close to the by-line as the delivery from the ground is less accurate & no where near as consistent.

On a related point I do feel that the number of players that seem to have this rather unique ability is too high, how many other current players can we name that share Delap's talent for delivering such a defence terrifying throw? In my current game I have come up against 3 players in my division that share this ability & this sort of figure has been repeated in the various divisions that I've managed in.

[

I know it maybe too late for this and it may have been suggested previously, (I aint going through 75 pages to check XD )

My suggestions:

1 - Is that for a specific position, the priority attributes are highlighted. Meaning that a DMC has certain attributes (Strength, Tackling, Passing, Concentration etc etc etc) compared to a Holding DMC or a Support MC..

Or the different attributes needed to make a good ML compared to a AML (I know pace, crossing, dribbling etc) are the most common, but some others may make a better ML. Seems very vague, but what I see in my head, is hard to write down lol

But what attribute are better for a Deep Lying Forward compared to a Poacher?

This is in FM12. Goto the players profile and View Key Attributes, will give the different roles and highlight the stats for each role.

This should be highlighted as there favoured "role" but when in there tactics creator, or when selected the role within the position, the attributes should be highlighted on what's needed to optimise that position.

Your assistant manager now tells you what he thinks is the players best role. Goto to Assistant Reports from the Squad Screen will give you Best Positon and what role in that position.

2 - Contracts, a 33 year old is already within my squad on 185k a week, he wants 210k a week and wont budge, to then leave on a free go to a different club for 30k a week..

2a - Following on from this, I lost about about 15% confidence from my board as I let this player go, surely the board wouldn't want me spending 210k on a backup player or I could talk to the board and explain this reason?

I agree this can be a problem, don't know if it has been sorted for FM12 haven't had the opportunity to offer a contact to an ageing player yet.

3 - Talk to board about the their confidence on your signings, as when you buy someone as a backup, they have poor confidence in this purchase, you should then explain to them and say, he was bought cheaply as cover, or was only a hand full of players good enough or that other players contract demands were too high/beyond reason to warranty the place in the squad etc..

Whilst this would be good to have better interaction with the board on signings. If a players transfer fee is higher than what they accept for a back-up player then maybe this is a reason they have poor confidence in the signing because they see it has a waste of money.

4 - Youth Players/Contracts - You set a star rating, and your ass man either offers contracts until a certain age, or release's the player below a certain PA rating (e.g., 2 stars)

Again this could be a good addition to give the Assistant set instructions when sorting out Yth contracts.

5 - Chairman Mode - You act as the chairman of a club (or unemployed, and have a budget to buy a club and try to progress to start at a top club) and you get the ability of running of a club, can deal with the facilities of a club, organise ticket sales by offering lower rates, or free days, firing or staff/manager, player sales or intervene with sales etc, try to sell the club for profit to make another club purchase, etc etc, you get my drift??? :-)

I've seen a few ask for this but its not for me.

6 - Not sure if this is an option or not, but try and force players off international retirement, or ask players to just help due to injuries or something.

Don't agree with forcing a player out of retirement, but asking if we will consider playing if you are suffering with to many injuries is a good idea (would depend on how long the player has been retired and age I suppose).

7 - More to add to your own profile, favourites TEAMS (not just 1 team), favourite personnel, and up to 3 languages spoken..

Adding more favourite teams would also be good but the ability to rate them would have to be included i.e. I am a Villa fan 100% but because of growing up and idolising Dean Saunders I started life has a Liverpool fan so still have a little soft spot for them would say about 60%. Languages I would like to add them but not at the start but learn them through the game like a player learns a PPM, to increase communication with foreign players, or if your thinking about moving to a new job abroad.

I had loads/more detail last night but ive slept and lost all this information hahaha :)

Unlucky on losing the info, would like to have seen what else you had.

Can we have a simple counter to the bullet long throw? I have seen in the past that when teams have come up against the likes of Dave Challinor (his throw had a higher trajectory) or Rory Delap they will try to knock the ball out for a corner rather than concede a throw close to the by-line as the delivery from the ground is less accurate & no where near as consistent.

On a related point I do feel that the number of players that seem to have this rather unique ability is too high, how many other current players can we name that share Delap's talent for delivering such a defence terrifying throw? In my current game I have come up against 3 players in my division that share this ability & this sort of figure has been repeated in the various divisions that I've managed in.

I think it occurs when a players long throw attribute reaches 16 then if they are set to take a throw it will always be long when in the attacking third unless set to sort through tactics. Doesn't necessarily make them good at it but they attempt. I agree they should be more option to combat it if you know your opponent has a long thrower in their team.

One extremely frustrating part of the game is the regens. I have Genie Scout and I have got players come through my academy with potential abilities of 195 and so on but can only be something like 70% in their best position. Surely the higher the potential ability, the higher best potential rating but nearly all of them are really low and don't seem to match up?

Genie Scout is just a guide tool majority of youngsters are set with minus figures for PA but Genie Scout can show minus PA, I don't know how they calculate it but if the PA was -9 thats equivalent to a PA of between 150 - 180 so Genie Scout picks a figure from that range to get 100% in their best position everything would have to be 20 for that role. the closest I think is Messi with 96% can't check since I haven't got Genie Scout on this Computer. Basically if Genie Scout says a newgen is 170 he could have a PA of either -9 or -10 don't use Genie Scout has gospel

Archived