Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a player goes back to play his old club where he's still a legend he should get a good reception from the crowd. Or if he is not liked a bad one etc

If you are a manager and had great success at a club and return either with a new team or as an international manager in the stands and you are still a legend at the club (is this possible in FM?) it would be good if the crowd gave you a good reception etc.

Anything like this to help the game seem more real imo.

When you use all your subs then get another injury (which is only green) I would like to be able to take him off if I want.

It would be nice to know what kind of injury the green injury is so I know if it is nessesary to sub him to prevent a worse injury.

I've been thinking of somekind of "Fan Popularity" among the players and the manager. Players like Raul, Gerrrard, Terry, Giggs etc. are players who are faithful to their respective clubs and would probably never leave the club's side. Of course, the Informatation tab offers" favoured personel/icon/legend but doesn't really give a picture of _how_ popular the player/manager actual are among the fans. Fan culture is definitely are huge aspect of football and being able to combine this with being a manager, manage the team, the economy, the player's amibition etc. could maybe create some chaos and hard decisions as a manager. Whereas fans just want to keep their favourite players at the clubs the manager/higher management maybe have to think about other aspect outside the football pitch. This could maybe turn into a "fan riot" if trying to sell a player to raise money for the club's bad economy. Or if the player leaves due to "wants to move to a bigger club" the fans maybe feel disgusted by the player (and could maybe give him a hard time the next time he plays against his former team).

To make it short, I believe FM needs more fan interaction and feedback than just "happy/disappointed with the win/loss against X" or "Fans happy by new signing". Of course, fans does not have any real power, but they can utter their opionions on transfers, club take over, tactics (e.g. Barcelona/Real Madrid fans wants entertaining football) etc.. This could really make your decisions harder to make and maybe create your own "love for the club" instead of thinking financial just because you get a £60M offer on Gerrard.

Will the fans love you... or hate you?

an interview thing when going for a job

them - Where do you see this club in 5 years?

me - choices (top table, promotion, etc)

more player interaction - [player name] feels pressured about being given the number 7 shirt as Beckham/Best/Ronaldo have all worn in previously

signings - agree not to go for a fellow target if they allow you to sign a player (if Man Utd let you sign Torres, then you will leave Pato alone for them to sign)

signings - the ability to sign someone and then send out a player of yours on loan for the season (Arsenal sign Parker with wilshere going on loan for the rest of the season)

EDIT: the ability to customise tactics, i want my ML covering the short option when i'm defending a corner on the left side, while my MR supports the attack (similarly, the opposite is true too)

when attacking for a corner, my DCs attack from deep, ST challenges the keeper, MR takes it and ML stands on the far side in case the corner is overhit (as of FM10, this ML cannot be possible)

----------------

I know, I know.... more tactics, but real managers can customise this any which way that they want, rather than just standing deep

Small addition to custom database menu:

When setting up a custom database at the start of a new game, give the option for "all continents" under the Continent drop-down box. Sometimes I like to add all international players or all players from top clubs in the entire world. Now, I have to add each continent individually. Would be nice to be able to do it all in one click.

I think it'd be a good idea to have a meetin with players too before the season if the manager wants to, creating a chance to tell the players specifically what i want from them in the season, like ' I want you to fight your way to the starting 11' or ' You should concentrate on improving yourself' or ' I want you to step up as a leader when something goes wrong', ect...

I know that there is movement training and player-role, but i think a meeting would really add something to these.

More options for motivation before matches would be great too, like when saying 'We can make it', it could be devided: 1. 'I trust you that you know what to do' 2. If you stick to our game plan, we can bring that points' 3. Believe in yourselves

More specific personal traing tips: ' I want you to concentrate on your crossing' --> Here i think now we only have the method of improving training facilites, getting a good set pieces coach ang give a hell of a set-p.-training to the player, but it would be even more realistic if a player would concentrate specially on his crossing during the training seissons ( Or a very determined player would stay after a training to practice it IRL). I think in real life there can be such too!

And I almost forgot! Very important: Swap position

There should be two types of swapping, first when they play based on the instruction of the other post, and SECOND, when a player brings his own instructions to his new post!! For exampe when I have two wingers, one is a line-winger who can play both sides (like McGeady) ohter is a creative force ( f.e. Cani, Sosa, Ren. Augusto, Arda Turan, ect), i really dont want to swap them to play a role they are not that effective in, but only to swich sides!

I wish that in future FM'S or the next patch that SI add more african players/regens (with good potential) and also make a African Youth National Competition (African U20 Championship) since the south american, european and asain Continants have national youth competitions.

i wish for more interaction with players and media , like asking the players things that concern then, flash interview for the players like real life its good to know what they think about their performance in a game .

media is a big part of football it would be good to see more of it.

also give an SDK for mooders

more animations , and better looking 3D

This has most likely been mentioned before, but how about players learning the language BEFORE they move to another country?

I have 2 examples. One is a Brazilian regen who was 16 at the time I put in a bid for him. It was accepted, and as the rules dictate, he cannot come here until he turns 18. So basically he has two years. I have checked back with him one year later, and found that he still speaks only Portugese. Could he not at least put in an effort to learn some basic Spanish? He knows what's going to happen! I have a Croatian regen in a similar situation. 16, and I bet he won't have learned a word of Spanish in two years.

I'd like:

More fan input in signing players. I'd love a screen to show what the fans think of:

*Your transfer policy e.g "The fans are sick of your youth transfer policy and feel we need established stars" or "Are concerned at the sale of the number of players from the club and feel we need to increase squad depth not shrink it"

*Who we should sign e.g "The fans would like to see you sign one world class player this season (or similarly demand you to sign)" or "The fans believe this club is short players in the following areas:" then it could show positions they believe are short on depth or quality. Another one could be "The fans believe Chiellini, Villa, Arshavin and Lloris would be great for the club and feel you should focus on signing one or more of these players" This could be used to increase your support within the club. No board wants to sack a manager who is popular.

A really in depth communication aspect. For example meeting players before, during and after the season to express what you want from them this season or next, what they are doing well this season and what they can improve on, individual player communication during the game etc. The board could do the same with you and the players. The fans could be doing the same with the club in general.

Testimonials. You could really have a good play with this such as bringing retired stars out of retirement for a game e.g Beckenbauer, Maradona, Zidane. You could open the gates for free if they are particularly well liked. Or make them pay and proceeds could go to charity, the club or his original club. It's always good for the clubs reputation as well.

Fan days - I'd love to be able to open the gates and let the fans come and meet and greet the staff and players. This could be done pre season and used to sell merchandise, gain more fans and sell more tickets. It could also change the way fans think about certain players and give the players a chance to see why they play for the club. It could also be used for improving morale amongst the club.

Love the interview idea. Maybe not at the start of a game but after. It'd be great to see the boards reaction to each of your questions. As long as it was made random each time (i.e don't just pick the obvious and you will get the job). Kind of rewarding to get the job.

Pre season competition - I'd love to be able to set up a pre-season competition where I can offer prize money and a Trophy. You would obviously have to set ticket prices accordingly to make a profit but you could use the comp to attract only the very best teams from around the world or in your league. It would be great to see a comp with 4 - 8 teams such as Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Roma, Juve and FC Bayern going around playing each other once for the title. One shot to win against each team and a suitable prize. It would be a great boost for fan attendance and the clubs involved stature. And it would be even better to compare yourself against other top teams and see where you are at. You could set it up to be an annual event.

Having played some games now with FM10 i have to say the Transfersystem is still a bit off. Normally i turn off transferbudgets during the first window so in the summer only some loans and free transfers are made.

But then when the calender hits january you see ridiculous amounts being spent by the top clubs in Europe. Ok, that can happen.

However, there are too many good players being transfered during the winter and comparing that to real life, that never happens. In what world would Arsenal sell Cesc in the middle of the season for 50 million euros? Or Bayern that sells Ribery for 40 - 50 million. If im correct there has never been a january transfer that has ben over 20 million euros. So why do clubs like Real and Man City spend over 200 million in the winter?

My idea around this is simple. Let clubs be more macho so they just refuse bids on their top players, saying come back in the summer to the big teams. In my opinion clubs are too friendly to one another in the winter. They should be harder to negotiate with during the winter trying to keep their squads together. Now managers dont seem to care what happens to their players and sell em despite having a good season with their star players.

Another thing. After the 6 or was it 5 years of FM? non playing players still get transfered for ridiculous amounts. Giovanni Dos Santos always gets sold voor over 40 million euros, despite having played a handfull of matches for Tottenham. It seems to me the AI reads the PA and CA of a player, but dont look at reputation.

If a player doesnt play that often his reputation and therefore his market value should drop significantly instead of growing. Ive seen transfers of 50 million and more with players who didnt play more then 10 matches for a squad over 2 whole seasons. But the player had a PA of 190, so according to the editor its a world class player to be.

Maybe SI should rewrite the transfer system again, making Reputation the biggest factor instead of the CA and PA. A 19 year old Serbian player with a PA of 180+ who hasnt played one single senior or youth international match has no reputation what so ever and could never be sold for 20 million or more, thats just plain bs.

Therefore the PA should be left out of consideration with transfers.

which serbian player is this, i am just curious and which klub is he in?

Thanks

And I almost forgot! Very important: Swap position

There should be two types of swapping, first when they play based on the instruction of the other post, and SECOND, when a player brings his own instructions to his new post!! For exampe when I have two wingers, one is a line-winger who can play both sides (like McGeady) ohter is a creative force ( f.e. Cani, Sosa, Ren. Augusto, Arda Turan, ect), i really dont want to swap them to play a role they are not that effective in, but only to swich sides!

YES!

Very very muchly!

100% Concurred!

More of this sort of thing!

This has most likely been mentioned before, but how about players learning the language BEFORE they move to another country?

I have 2 examples. One is a Brazilian regen who was 16 at the time I put in a bid for him. It was accepted, and as the rules dictate, he cannot come here until he turns 18. So basically he has two years. I have checked back with him one year later, and found that he still speaks only Portugese. Could he not at least put in an effort to learn some basic Spanish? He knows what's going to happen! I have a Croatian regen in a similar situation. 16, and I bet he won't have learned a word of Spanish in two years.

Agreed with this too.

I arranged to buy a south American DL when he was 15... 2 years later he still can't even speak basic English... I'm still hoping he gets his act together before he signs ;)

Pre-Match Advice Meetings

Selection suggestions for the upcoming game, based on fitness, match practice, height/strength/creativity/technique/etc. (in association with the existing "we have a height advantage", "we have a technical advantage", "they have a cave troll" messages), who's been training well, who has looked like they REALLY want to be selected for the upcoming match and which players haven't seemed too bothered (or have been unexpectant) about being selected.

E.g. "Due to our obvious superiority in the upcoming match, it might be a good opportunity to give a few youths a run-out. Player X and Player Y have been particularly excelling in training and in Reserve/U18 matches and are certainly deserving of a first-team outing."

or "Player Z has seemed complacent in training the last few days, as though turning up against Team X will be enough"

Or something.

A small request:

In the TV view, when making a quick substitution, I'd like the 'Player Role' and 'Duty' drop-down menus added. For instance, if I'm replacing a striker who plays best as an Advanced Forward with one who plays best as a Poacher, I'd like to be able to quickly swap his role over when changing the players over.

Guest El Payaso

Chance to tell every player exanctly the thing you expect them to do in a match. Like telling a defensive midfielder; "I want you to make this game a living hell for Steven Gerrard" or for a striker "You need to score tonight or you'll find yourself on the bench in next game." or for a young lad in first game; "Play it simple. Don't try anything fancy. I believe in you!"

i love the 3D stadium and construction in LMA, that would be good, maybe the ability to take assistant managers jobs, a route into bigger clubs quicker maybe? alot of managers set their assistants to jobs as i do....so could this be possible?

I really want a version were your loses are justifiable. I get that occasionally in football the dominant team may end up losing, but every match I lose, I dominate. I don't mind the loss, it just gets a bit tiring having 65% poss., 35 shots and losing 1-0. Just let the AI beat the crap out of me.

This would also cut down on all of the "AI cheats, matches are fixed" stuff flying around.

More thoughts...

- Allow for very obscure reputations

- Smaller regions for scouting. I doubt my Level 10 side should be able to scout other cities or counties in England - much less other countries!

- Amateur & part-time players for lower leagues should need to look for a supplemental job if they are moving.

- Smaller stadia shown in the 3D rendering - the small covered stands in the middle of the sideline.

- Make it more difficult to lure a player getting paid to sign an amateur contract.

Arrange Friendly menu...

Any chance we could have our feeder clubs in the menu next to our own reserves and youth team?

Have you counted how many clicks it takes to arrange a friendly with your own feeder clubs at the moment?

I arrange 10-15 friendlies per season for my reserves, most often against one of my feeder clubs. The clicks don't half mount up.

More fan input in signing players. I'd love a screen to show what the fans think of:

*Your transfer policy e.g "The fans are sick of your youth transfer policy and feel we need established stars" or "Are concerned at the sale of the number of players from the club and feel we need to increase squad depth not shrink it"

*Who we should sign e.g "The fans would like to see you sign one world class player this season (or similarly demand you to sign)" or "The fans believe this club is short players in the following areas:" then it could show positions they believe are short on depth or quality. Another one could be "The fans believe Chiellini, Villa, Arshavin and Lloris would be great for the club and feel you should focus on signing one or more of these players" This could be used to increase your support within the club. No board wants to sack a manager who is popular.

A really in depth communication aspect. For example meeting players before, during and after the season to express what you want from them this season or next, what they are doing well this season and what they can improve on, individual player communication during the game etc. The board could do the same with you and the players. The fans could be doing the same with the club in general.

I second this.

Press Conferences

I give press conferences on a regular base as well. How come the fans never tell me what they think of my answers? The board giving a response is a good idea as well.

And my players 'sometimes' react to them. They "Are not pleased with my comments". Not pleased by which comment? I've answered about 10 questions, but there is no indication which one they react to. It would be nice if the captain could actually come to me in a news-post telling me who responded badly to which comment, instead of having to look at every player to see who had any feelings about them. That is, in my opinion, also one of the roles a captain plays, to deliver the dressing room atmosphere to the manager. So the reactions of me talking to the press are obviously part of them, as such things are often being discussed inside and outside the dressing room.

Perspective

It would also be interesting to see something similar to: "You said that you'd like to focus on young talent, but so far you've only been buying established people. Why is that?"

This is particularly interesting if the board also liked the 'young talent'-perspective. Imagine how a board with little money reacts if you said you're trying to nurture young talent and instead spend a lot of money on experienced, old players. They might get annoyed by you and wonder what your real intent is.

Pitch interaction

I really miss the player interaction on the pitch. It would be really nice to single out a particular player on the pitch and tell him to mark his man better. In real life there is always at least someone close enough to the manager to carry his message to the player in particular during a dead ball situation or so.

Substitutions & Team Talk

The above could also be reflected in the half-time talk, to comment on that particular interaction being carried out well or not. Or to give such a comment upon substituting a player: "You aren't capable of marking your man well enough. I'm substituting you for someone who can." (neutral) or "I told you to mark your man and you don't. Go take a shower and learn to listen." (angry)

But in general it is a nice idea to actually be capable of telling a player why he gets substituted. I'm thinking of things like: "I needed a more offensive player on the pitch." (tactical) or a "Thanks for the hard work in chasing the ball all the time. Go take a rest and someone else will take over." (low fitness)

This could even be reflected by a particular personality trait of the manager. If you're a harsh/strict one, more neutral/harsh options could be displayed, but if you're the type of manager who is involved much in everything then you get more friendly/soft comments to carry out. But why not allowing all of them? If we can have several options ranging from 'Low reputation' to 'high reputation' in arranging friendlies, why not having a range 'friendly comments' to 'harsh comments' in our team talk?

Pre- and post season interaction

How about being able to inquire the players how they feel about the current captain? Or who they would recommend to take the role of captain? You could at least ask the captain who he believes would be a good vice-captain, instead of the assistant manager just telling you who he'd believe make a good (vice) captain.

What about the board/press asking you at the end of the season what you think of the final position you ended up with? What your plans are for next season, so the board can anticipate on that by allocating more transfer money, more wage budget or allow an expansion of the staff.

If you aim at talented youngsters, a summary of whose players have broken through during the year you were leading the team. Or perhaps a summary of which players have developed into players you might be using next year.

One thing I would like to see is a more dynamic chairman. For example, if my chairman was Sheikh Mansour, he may only turn up at certain games. If he turned up at a game where you lost heavily, he may begin to heap pressure on you. A chairman like Niall Quinn on the otherhand would attend all games, and would be much fairer

I'd like to see more interaction between Chairman and fans. I'd like to see fans calling for chairman's heads too, with the chairman either injecting funds or replacing the manager.

It would be great to see more interaction with the chairman and transfer sums. For example, if I was close to signing Messi, but was a couple of million short, I could go to the chairman and ask him to give me a few extra million which would increase the club's global appeal, merchandise and overall league position.

Finally, I'd like to see different personalities of chairman. Some chairman may be wsnting to increase the clubs stature in Asia to earn more money for themselves, so they might tell me to play a Chinese player at least 10 times a season. Other chairman may just want success for their club, and are very quick to sack managers. Whilst many would be more old-fasioned and will give you more time.

It's just a small part of he game, but I believe it can drastically impove an already brilliant game

I've been thinking for a while, and I'm not sure if this has been brought in recently because I haven't played in about 2 months...

But I'd like to see an option where you ask the player about a possible transfer.

For example, if Team A and B offer 20m for Player C. I'd like to ask C what he would prefer (what team to go to, or whether he'd like to stay at my club).

The importance of this is: it really annoys me when I have a great team and I think the players are happy and wouldn't want to leave. Then someone like Bayern Munich makes a bid, I say 'no' and the player gets disappointed. It'd be nice just to have a small sentence saying "would definitely like to move to Bayern", "would consider a move", "is uncertain" or "would prefer to stay".

I've been thinking for a while, and I'm not sure if this has been brought in recently because I haven't played in about 2 months...

But I'd like to see an option where you ask the player about a possible transfer.

For example, if Team A and B offer 20m for Player C. I'd like to ask C what he would prefer (what team to go to, or whether he'd like to stay at my club).

The importance of this is: it really annoys me when I have a great team and I think the players are happy and wouldn't want to leave. Then someone like Bayern Munich makes a bid, I say 'no' and the player gets disappointed. It'd be nice just to have a small sentence saying "would definitely like to move to Bayern", "would consider a move", "is uncertain" or "would prefer to stay".

There is already a bit at the bottom of the transfer offer screen which tells you if the player wants to talk to the bidding club....

1. Being able to create set pieces instructions,

2. Having a dugout view, to see wot actual managers see

3. Better half time instructions, telling the players wot part of their game they can improve on

4. Better media and Press Conferences

5. Better in-game player instructions, if you see a player making poor decisions have a go at him there and then!!!

6. having a Managers player of the year choice

Archived