Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

apologies if this has been mentioned before, but after searching this thread on keyword 'staff', it comes up with nearly 300 posts.

i would like - when you view the screen listing all your staff (coaches, physios etc) i would like this screen to show number of staff allowed in that particular area, eg, number of coaches at club = 6, number of coaches allowed = 8.

the only time you get to know how many coaches etc, you are allowed is after you have placed a job advert and then offer someone a contract. its annoying to read that you have already got the allowed number of staff members in that area (or even more in some cases). why let me place a job advert, if i can't employ them?

this refers to fm09 by the way, hopefully fm10 will have this feature now or maybe in a future patch.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it already hasnt been mentiond

then id love if FM added a single player option in the network mode..

for example search for a game and play a 1v1 match with them.. with the team you have built useing the actual season..

also add a leaderboard like if you win a game or lose a game..

please give me feedback on this

Hi guys love this game been buying the champ turned fm franchise since the beginning i have a few points to make

Press Conferences

i hate the press conferences there so repetative / there all the same.

they lack so much imagination and need far more responses

cant you make it so that the press conferances are for only games of signifigant importance

could you not programe the game so that as you go on the game will unlock new media and comments that you have never seen.?

for example you win prem 1 year ,5 years later completly different responses and messages when you win it this time. By leavin an element of suprise and by mixing it up .changing it as the game winds on you could make it much more appealing ...

Suprises

how about 15 years into the game other sudden supriseseg a player dies or bung scandal with one of the clubs ,20 years on in the game and a stand is named after your legendary player eg striker who got 200goals in his 6-7yrs or centre back who was fan fave who got so many awards, or 25 years into the game have a new stadium named after you ..30 years on a knighthood.

youth

mix the youth systems up every few years a suprise like...2 brothers coming through the youth ranks.....or you get invited to a jouniour football tournament....some brand new lads from your feeder club in brazil have been sent to train with you during pre season to look at. (ive always been the fond of the idea of just randomly lets say your team finds a 16 yr old lad from trinidad ...and with the right training you unearth the next dwight yorke!)

all these things will work perfectly... if they are not repetitive and continuous...like i say something different every few years that you dont even know is coming would be excellent for the game.

in game emotion/how to treat legends

i would also like to see more emotion placed on selling your legendary players or if they retire....look along the lines of testimonials and eg henrick larsson supporters clubs saying their bit ect..

and there should be a great fuss if you as a legendary manager steps down ,,,,you should be flooded by the media, players ,ex legend fans ,ect ..it would be great.

animations

also a smill animation under the same vain as the match engine would be nice if you win something...even if it only lasted 60secs you could have 100 of these different celebratory animations just waiting to appear at randomn parts of the game

just going back to the dwight yorke thing...i would like to see every 5 years maybe just the odd outstanding regen from a bermuda or a canada ect ...because i understand these are footballing minnows but it can happen and it would put a much higher value on the scouting system. i mean god knows how much time i have wasted sending scouts to the carribean to never find a single reasonable player in 1o seasons?

this would vastly improve the game..please consider these ideas

Did a search in the forum expecting to find a "wish list" section but there isn't one. Might be an idea to add one. Well, since I have a wish or 2 here they are....

For 3 years now, I've become frustrated at having to manually allocate scouting tasks to my scouts/trainers for the several thousand players that are interested in joining the club every year. These same players become interested year after year as I notice them cycle round from being scouted then the scout reports drop off and I end up scouting the same player again the following year. Often these are players with no hope of improving, meaning my scout/trainers are wasting their time.

Please add a feature that allows me to set scouts and/or trainers to auto scout interested players.

As a second wish, it would be very useful to set a minimum recommendation level worth reporting. For example, if the scout/trainer considers a player to be "quality" or better prospect then filter out and don't report any player to my mail that has a lower prospect level. This would save me trawling through dozens of "not worthwhile" or "last resort" reports.

can you also make it possible to see my goalkeepers stats if he scores?

i know its a rarity but look at chilavert / p robinson , schmeichel ..all goalkeepers who have scored goals

my gk has scored a freekick before and it wont show on his stats or history and i would like to see it because i think its cool

The problem, as I see it, with this idea is how far do you take it? Let's say you scout a player for a month and you are given dynamic stats for him, when you sign him do you then see his real stats? That wouldn't make sense because on his first day he hasn't even trained with you, so how can all of a sudden you know his real stats?

Let's say that upon signing him you don't see his real stats but still see the dynamic ones, that again presents a couple of problems.....1) if his dynamic stats are based upon the ability of the scouts then different scouts will give different dynamic stats, so when you sign him which stats do you see on the player profile? 2) Once at the club then surely the dynamic stats you see will need to be determined by the coach's ability, so you're left with a situation where you never know his real stats.

Personally, I don't like the idea (sorry), and hope this is never introduced. I think SI have the right balance with the fog of war for those who want scouting to be harder.

Ok, how about the manager scouts the player? After a 'Full scout review of 3 matches, manager has option to view the player in a match and given options which friendly/match option to watch! This would then enable completely accurate stats. Alex Ferguson has said many times that he has watched players personally before buying them! This could then also tie into the media; If a manager watches too many players and the suspected targets all play in the same position it would force player to demand explanation or player wanted to leave etc.

Liked the 'player tactics' idea earlier where you can assign specific tactical instruction for each players so you don't have to constantly adjust positional tactics every time you substitute. Been wanting this for years!lol

This would also allow a player who switches position to keep the same tactics if that is preferable without changing everything ie long shots, creative freedom etc.

More squad opinions of a manager would be cool. Likes teams style of play! Maybe my tactics in recent years have been rubbish but I haven't seen this one in the game for a while (cant remember which FM). I always play attractive, attacking football too and win loads of competitions, champs league etc.

Or Player thinks manager makes poor signings ie a player with scout, manager, coach potential? These older player would have some wisdom by that stage in the game anyway. Gerrard hated Houlliers signings from the day of their first training session! Gerrard said it about Biscan!

Thinks manager is a tactical genius, gets best out of team (motivation), plays too defensive, too attacking, etc, etc.

I think more media about players and staff hidden ratings would be cool! Ie Keegan looks like cracking under the pressure of the title etc. Or controversial/unprofessional players being ****ed off when taken off early, crash their cars, speak out in media about another player etc. Maybe I'm a great man-manager but I haven't come across it!;-)

Training

Players never tell you when they are unhappy about the training or think they are being worked too hard. At least I've never been told. Player should request meeting with manager to discuss problem which brings me to another point. Managers ultimately help players and especially younger players with personal problems. If a player has one the manager should have the option to speak to the player to discuss the wife cheating!;-)

Lastly as mentioned before wages are of no value to a manager unless he can do something with it. How about a reward system but not like some games ie buy a mansion, car, parrot etc. How about something that has some value like, £10,000 for a course to learn a new language which aid communication with player and the course could last a year before the manager has the skill? I've plenty more ideas on this one!

Why does FM2010 not have an expansion pack? Every game now has one and if there was only that allowed you to be chairman it would solve the whole, football manager/ club manager debate i.e. I want to chose my own sponsors, choose size of expansion etc etc. Would definitely buy it!

Would also give more control to other areas of the game ie youth camps etc.

Transfer policy could be set for new managers ie no big transfer fees for players over 26 etc

The ability to cancel pending substitutions, assuming I'm not just being thick with not finding it in the FM10 demo.

We effectively had the ability to do this prior to FM08 when the game paused for subs (does anyone not pause the game to issue sub instructions anyway?). Real life managers can do it. We can now cancel pending touchline instructions, why can't we cancel impending subs in FM?

1. Sounds in FM are not on the same level as the other aspects of the game. One idea would be to listen referee whistles more loudly. Clapping more clear. In general, sounds to be more clear than now where it sounds like noise.

2. Also, for Champions League and National games I would love to have the option to listen the anthems and see badges around the stadium.

3. SI please improve stadiums and crowds. It has been a nice addition, but I think is not difficult to put in the database if a stadium is an olympic one, or if it has one level, two or three levels of stands.

4. Make referee decisions more random, in particular offsides and even fouls, yellow cards etc. I want refeeres to make bad decisions in order for me to watch and watch over the replays to make my own decision.

Whilst waiting for the release of FM10, I played FIFA manager2010..... Although general gameplay was not as good as FM, there was a few aspects that if incorperated into FM would make it even better.

> Being able to control what is being built for your club e.g. Stands, Training facilities.

> Being able to build centres of excellence in foreign and home countries, to better scout Youth and develop players.

> Organising training camps in different countries and have aims for that camp e.g. team work, fitness etc.

> More control over sponsors and merchandising.

Although I do understand that FM is FM and not FIFA manager these are just a few suggestions to give the consumer a better managerial experience. Some may not agree with me but this is only an opinion!

Mike.

On indirect free kicks, I'd like a new animation to see the referee's arm raised until it has been touched by another play or goes out after the kick has been taken. I was a little surprised to see this not already in the game.

THE INDIRECT FREE KICK

Signal

The referee indicates an indirect free kick by raising his arm above his head. He maintains his arm in that position until the kick has been taken and the ball has touched another player or goes out of play.

LAW 13 - FREE KICKS

Tried out the demo of championship manager, whilst it didnt really compare. The one feature i liked was the freekick customizer. Where it would give you examples on a training pitch of how different kinds of freekicks would work. Give you the chance to customize them a bit. So set up different ways of laying off a freekick to smash it, or direct different players to run to different areas in the box & then loft it over to whoever you choose. I imagine that would be very satisfying when it comes off.

A special screen for the results after you place an advert. Sometimes you get 10 or more applicants after you place an advert. With the current lay-out you need to click them all seperatly to check the stats. A screen in which you can select certain attributes to filter them would be a lot more usefull.

Couple of things.

1) Please make the attributes list in the player search filters the same order as they are on the player profile screens.

2) Tackling should be customisable in the following way;

Defensive third: hard/normal/easy

Midfield Third: hard/normal/easy

Attacking third: hard/normal/easy

3) You should be able to target certain players for the offside trap, i.e. you would want to play the offside trap against Defoe but not Crouch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have played these games since the outset and i feel something is lost ? and with this new version its just the same ? i have noticed some points i was wondering if someone could add these as i cant see a point of putting them in the game if you cant do anything about it,

1. Ticket prices ? whats the point if i cant change it ?

2. Season Ticket price ? same as above ?

3 i once played a game were you could add terraces and seating was good i thought, so if i wanted to play a low club i would like to ask the board for money to build and have an input into new stand types ?

4 why cant we have a list of sponsers to choose from ?

5 i just think i need more to do than just pick the side etc, afterall you get the sack for going into debt so why not have a little more control ove it ?

would like to know if anyone else has any views on this ?

I would like to see the best added leagues in editors added to FM11.

Seperate options for set piece takers, eg different corner taker if a near post or far post corner.

Add ons to transfers such as houses, cars etc

Manager being able to visit different clubs for coaching tips. Eg Manager of Bury gets advice from Man Utd boss.

I think there could be an option under Player Search to exclude your old club´s scouting reports. Say I´m Southport and take charge at Dortmund. I go to Player Search and sort by my scouts "star ratings". I get a lot of 4-5-6-7 stars but those are compared to my old Southport team and not my new Borussia Dortmund.

So, maybe there should be a way either to filter them or to delete them all together with a simple click of a button.

We are all aware that IRL, the training ground is probably one of the key aspects of the potential successes/failures of a football team of the course of a season.

Teams who have any sort of ambition for success, spend millions on creating state of the art facilities. FM does recognise this, but it doesn’t in reality give us the access to the training ground as we should really have.

How often have we heard on MOTD or a quote in paper where the manager says “We’ll put that right in training on Monday” or “We’ll work on set pieces in training”. Currently, we just set a few slider bars and to be honest not much more is required to be successful.

However what if for example, we were to take over say Bolton for example, but wanted them to play like Arsenal? Obviously this would take a lot of time, getting in the right personal and basically a lot of work in the training ground.

In the current FM setup we’d change a few slide settings but how about if we had the training setup of CM (03/04)?

Going off tangent for a moment, back in CM 03/04 (before the split), we had probably the most interesting training setup for any Cm/FM game. One that could turn into a time sink in itself, basically the weekly tab training.

For those who haven’t played that version or don’t recall, you had a number of modules that could be dragged and dropped into a 7 day schedule.

Example:

5-a-side (Large Pitch)

5-a-side (Small Pitch)

Cross Country

Crosses

Overloading (Attacking)

Overloading (Defensive)

Penalties

Pig In The Middle

Set Pieces (Attacking)

Set Pieces (Defensive)

Sprints

Tactical Training

Technique

Training Match

Weight Training

Agility (GK)

Distribution

Handling

Agility

Closing-Down Session

Heading

Shadow Play

Shooting

Therefore if we wanted to make Bolton play like Arsenal, we could use the drop and drag tabs and structure the training as we saw fit. Maybe more work on technique, 5-a-side, one touch games, 2 v 2 etc (Obviously, SI if they revisited this could add in a load more modules).

Personally, I find this sort of training setup a lot more involving and interesting. I know everyone will not agree. The thing that I found interesting about this was how often I would check my up coming fixtures and modify training as per the opposition I was facing. Example, if I was going to play a match where chances would be few and far between, I’d get my attacking players to do a bit more shooting practise or if I was going to play in Europe on a Wednesday id do a bit more possession training but then leave the training schedule light for Thursday/Friday before my Saturday game.

I hope people understand what I am getting at here. I miss this level of involvement on the Training schedule.

I do hope SI have plans afoot to look at the training setup in FM as it currently is and make it a lot more of an involving and interesting component.

Well that’s my two cents worth.

I really think they should for the next version replace footballplayers with fantasy sword-wielding combatants with the ability to win awards like sword of sharpness, elven chain mails, potions of levitate etc. A match to the final man standing or at least till the opposition yields.

This football thing has been said and done for nearly 20 years, and its time to manage something unworldly.

I would love to see few players ( ex : captain ) speaking about a match and give their opinion ( ex : we were too weak in defense, we have to be more collective for the next match etc... ), as fans are speaking about each match. It will give more interactivity and feelings with the players.

I would like to have, when you manage a professionnal club, a view to the club web site ( specific to the club ), where many opinions, polls, statistiques ( ex : fans giving each month a poll opinion of the manager, to increase the pressure, or to have polls of fans opinion about few players ).

In summary more and more infos ( to increase the fun and realism better to have statistques and polls opinions, with some colours polls ).

Thanks.

1 -The goal given from the board in the beginning of season should add a real long term plan, not only the current season goal.

2 - in the media too many talks are there, somtimes, I would like to see graphics ( polls, stats, etc.. like you see in real media )

I really think they should for the next version replace footballplayers with fantasy sword-wielding combatants with the ability to win awards like sword of sharpness, elven chain mails, potions of levitate etc. A match to the final man standing or at least till the opposition yields.

This football thing has been said and done for nearly 20 years, and its time to manage something unworldly.

dude i take it you play moonstone? its classic

FM 2010 or 2011 Editor Suggestions

- remove the slight pause after editing a value

- decrease the time taken to load your own custom .xml file

- there is too much free space and some tabs can be merged with others to take up some of that free space

- all of the editable fields can be placed into one page to save space and time

- a grid to show which box we are ticking and what text box we are typing into

- similar to the column of the editor in FM 09, a column for your current edits instead of the recent database records drop-down menu

- mass add to column instead of individually

- a tooltip showing basic info when hovered over a player, staff, stadium, city, etc...

- a dark skin for the editor like in the game as it is easier for the eyes

will post some more if i can think of any. :)

http://gamesareevil.com/2009/11/football-manager-2010/

Brilliant review of the game, literally echo everything the guy has said, well done SI. Nonetheless, his criticisms are also spot and and I would like to add that teamtalks, press conferences and training need a complete overhaul along with scouting. in addition, to quite a few problems mentioned in the article regarding the 3d match engine.

I would love to be able to open pages in tabs within the game interface. For example, right click on a player's name and open his stats page in a new tab so I wouldn't have to go back and forth from say, my shortlist or his team page.

Also,there is an option, when you bid for player or withdraw a bid and the confirmation window pops up, to never show it again. But when you remove a player from your shortlist and the game asks you to confirm, there is no such option. I don't understand why they wouldn't have it, but I would like to see it happen!

I agree with a couple of things mentioned above, about choosing your own feeder clubs and creating youth academies abroad.

Oh, and I would like the ability to search for staff based on their int'l caps and/or playing careers. Love to hire former players as coaches and scouts.

Would like to see Unibond Premier, Zamaretto Premier League and Ryman Premier teams included.

What about the option to play legendary teams - say the England Team of 1966, Liverpool 1980s, German Team of 1990, Manchester United 1990s, Arsenal 2003-4.

Also, NO bugs/crash dumps etc. if the game takes longer to develop, in order for it to be 100%, then delay release until it is 100% (as Mr. Clough would have said).

I'd like more control over corners and free quicks to set up detailed routines ie. pass there then pass there, then shoot. They are too general.

I'd like more loyalty from assistants particularly if you signed them yourself.

I'd like to bring in staff from my previous club, when I sign my contract with my new club. As in real life.

I find the fact that substitutes shake hands when you've made changes in the dressing room at half time and no one will see, silly. Please re write the commentary around this.

If as suggested in the bugs forum the assistant talking about scheduling advice meetings and not being able to do so is not a bug, I would like to actually schedule these meetings in my calendar.

I've been buying FM for about 4 years now, never posted because I've been fairly happy with each game overall despite the usual little gripes, but since FM09 been completely obsessed and therefore thinking about things perhaps a little too deeply.

The transfer system on the whole is great, its throws up oddities and weird things, but then again real life does the same except it becomes obvious after the fact and seemingly natural. But a few things I would love to see if anyone from S.I. is reading and it makes some kind of sense.

- The option to state what role you want to take a player on loan for, i.e. for back-up or a 'valuable first-team' role, akin to the loan offers you receive for your players. Not a huge thing but a nice touch and could play an interesting part in making your loan attempts successful.

- Maybe an option to turn off automatic short-listing of players you scout. I know its useful if you don't obsessively scout players but one of the pleasures in FM is looking for useful bargains and carefully hunting for the right player, automatic short-listing can making things tiresome unless you keep switching back and forth from shortlists. (yup, this isn't really transfer system related, oh well)

- Increased ability to entice a top player. I know that the role needs to be specified anyway, 'key', 'first-team' etc, but maybe somehow adding an extension to the 'manager promises' already in use. I'm thinking along the lines of Shankly famously convincing prospective signees about Liverpool's credentials well before they were realised, with real consequences in happiness and performances if the club fails to fulfil them. It could add great depth to the already fantastic immersion when your striving to pull up a middling club.

- The various payment structures playing a real role. Managing a big club with a momentarily shrunken budget (happens to most unless you're MU or City), it feels like the payment structures are just cosmetic, you need the whole sum in your transfer budget when you bid even if the payments are spread over two years. I know it'll cause problems with the financial modelling but maybe a solution to make the various structures a bit more useful? For example, if I buy a player with a clause triggering after 10 league games then the board preventing me from playing him after the 9th unless the club can pay the amount due, or in payments stretching over 24 months, half the sum is deducted from each years budget.

I realise that implemented wrongly it could throw the whole point of a 'transfer budget' off and used to cheat mercilessly, but the underlying point, that payment structures exists to make it easier to buy players with restricted financial resources, makes it feel odd that they don't play any real purpose in FM except when selling a player. Maybe some suggestions as to workable solutions if people feel its could improve the transfer system?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rb View Post

I personally would love to see a lot more done from a youth aspect. FML currently is going through some developments that may well see youth academies added. I personally would love to see the age range from 10 - 15 to be added (As regens) into the game and be able to train them up / be an academy manager.

This, also Head Scout and YTS Manager staff positions to be added, would be a nice natural development of the backroom advice aspect to have more specialist input.

Possibly even a reserve team manager who has less first team responsibility, maybe you can ask him to give opportunities to certain players or put max 45 minutes orders on recovering injuries.

The ability to link scouts to a feeder club, so if you have two or three players at one club then the scout will always give you match reports.

Player interaction, the specific ability to tell a player to work on its physical attributes, or even a few more general suggestions (work on defending/interplay/technical ability). I know you can do this by designing a specific training schedule for them but my midfield training is already quite physically inclined and yet young Mr Spearing is making little progress, which is a shame as he just needs a little bit more to start pushing the first team.

Press conferences - more than one answer making a difference, its annoying that I go through four or five questions and then the 50% of the time that anything makes any difference only one question counts! Especially annoying with manager interaction (when I say beating a manager doesn't give me specific pleasure, it should improve the relationship) and when praising players (fantastic goal never ever gets picked up in the PR). I can deal with the formulaic aspects of press conferences but please make it actually count! Maybe the assistant can give a whole report on how answers went down.

And the ability to send players to press conferences, or have it automatic (you choose the players but he goes on occasion as a matter of course) or generally have players appear in the media (the media relationship bit on the profile is a bit irrelevant at the moment).

- When a player goes temporary out of the pitch for medications (ex. defender) the team should fill the hole automatically.

- Youth Clubs International Competition: using U19 clubs team for international tournament like Viareggio, Gradisca

A couple while playing i thought of;

When you first begin as manager you should be able to interract with any player and tell them what you expect from them for the long and short term future.

A "name your price" option to transfers when trying to buy or sell a player. ( i'm trying to buy joe cole and it is incredibly pointless to be adding a million each bid to see if they accept i'm up to 21m. I make enquirys but they are rejecyed and they never reveal the price they want they just reject.

If you have to have degrading training facilities then introduce advancing technology meaning a state-of-the-art training facility in 2050 trains better than a state-of-the-art training facility in 2010 so that degrading makes sense. Also thanks for adding 'argues with officials' ppm. I remember suggesting it a few years ago. I edited my wish #4997 if you missed it

I'm Man city, and Wayne Rooney in Man Utd. is playing like legend, broke several records and not scoring under 35 in a season. In player interaction I can declare interest or admire. But I want to criticise or despise the player. I want to effect his confident saying 'He can't keep it up' 'He would be a reserve player in my squad'(Happened IRL), 'I'm not his biggest fan' etc.

Archived