Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Just will update how is it going with Juventus after losing at home 3-0.

First game was in CL against Olympiakos away:

http://i42.tinypic.com/156vdqg.jpg

A week later played played a very tough game against Genoa:

http://i44.tinypic.com/jv6mwk.jpg

A few days later,played the game season against Inter at Home:

http://i44.tinypic.com/ruz0jt.jpg

And the last game I've tested the tactic is an away game against Chievo:

http://i39.tinypic.com/rc1qbq.jpg

Well after testing couple of game I have to say:

In generally,despite the lose against Roma the tactic is good.the problem of it that it isnt consecutive with performance.

There are games that I can dominate and there is a game like I played against Inter that I've won by a penalty on the

last minutes of the game.

I think there can be more twicking with full backs as you said since they do only defense and not helping on the attacks.

You have kept 4 clean sheets and the match against inter well they have not only an awesome defence thats very well organised they have great DMs aswell, I'd be happy with that result.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be OK really One of the most important attributes for fullbacks oddly enough is Heading i have noticed, If the opp player gets the ball in the box it's often a fullback missing an interception and after analysing this I've noticed it's mostly headers.

Since i have been using OI's though this has cut out alot so for the OI's use Tight Marking and Closing Down on MR ML AMR AML AMC only this will help the defence out alot.

Do you recommend using these OI's in every match or only against tough opponents?

What about if the opposition is playing 4-2-3-1 formation where there are 3 AMCs, no wingers?

Do you recommend using these OI's in every match or only against tough opponents?

What about if the opposition is playing 4-2-3-1 formation where there are 3 AMCs, no wingers?

I haven't tested it that thoughly so i'm not sure, Defo on ML MR AMR AML AMC though, You could try on all 3 AMC's i can;t see it being a problem.

I haven't tested it that thoughly so i'm not sure, Defo on ML MR AMR AML AMC though, You could try on all 3 AMC's i can;t see it being a problem.

Thanks. I'll try them out in my game and give some feedback. Though I did use something similar in your original classic tactic.

I do agree with you though that the fullbacks should preferably have at least decent jumping and heading. It will remove many defensive headaches. The same goes for the DMC.

UPDATE: Well, Mr. Hough, you sir are a miracle worker. Using your final version of the classic tactic, I just won the Europa League with Hearts. Big achievement for this team. The final was the most impressive thing of all. It was against Man Utd, and we were heavy underdogs. I thought Rooney would destroy us to be honest. How wrong was I to expect that. We ran out 5-1 winners with a hat-trick from Steven Fletcher from the center striker position.

Here's a pic:

heartseuroleaguefinal.png

PS - I did use your recommended OIs. Man Utd played a regular 4-4-2, so I tight marked and closed down their MR and ML. However, I also showed the MCs and both STs onto wrong foot.

oi's do you recomend all wide players ie dr/l,mr/l,amr/l tight marking and closing down always and the same for amc's?

The OI's Are ML MR AMR AML AMC.

Tight Marking and Closing Down on these players.

If you play a team that has no wide men but wingbacks use the OI's on these aswell.

I've added this to the OP so everyone can see it.

Thanks. I'll try them out in my game and give some feedback. Though I did use something similar in your original classic tactic.

I do agree with you though that the fullbacks should preferably have at least decent jumping and heading. It will remove many defensive headaches. The same goes for the DMC.

UPDATE: Well, Mr. Hough, you sir are a miracle worker. Using your final version of the classic tactic, I just won the Europa League with Hearts. Big achievement for this team. The final was the most impressive thing of all. It was against Man Utd, and we were heavy underdogs. I thought Rooney would destroy us to be honest. How wrong was I to expect that. We ran out 5-1 winners with a hat-trick from Steven Fletcher from the center striker position.

Here's a pic:

heartseuroleaguefinal.png

PS - I did use your recommended OIs. Man Utd played a regular 4-4-2, so I tight marked and closed down their MR and ML. However, I also showed the MCs and both STs onto wrong foot.

Thats very Impressive Dirty ace, Even better because of the year you are in and your still playing steven fletcher, Not the best of strikers so to grab a hattrick against Man Utd is very impressive well done.

Dave.

Trying this in Wales with Neath and it's not working so far. I'm really struggling to score goals for some reason. Obviously the quality of player isn't the best so I'm guessing this is the main reason why I'm struggling. I'll persevere though and try to improve the quality of player to increase my chances of success

The OI's Are ML MR AMR AML AMC.

Tight Marking and Closing Down on these players.

If you play a team that has no wide men but wingbacks use the OI's on these aswell.

I've added this to the OP so everyone can see it.

I've just noticed something. When i choose to tight-mark and close-down wingers, I leave it for a while and then i go back into opp. instructions and the same instructions have moved to their LB and Midfielder because they have changed formation. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, i've noticed my players have low condition if there's a game every 4 games. So what i do is, i rotate any players with 92% or less condition. Is it a good idea? Thanks

You really outdid yourself with this final edit Mr. Hough. I'm destroying teams. lol

Lucky for some, ive gone 6 games without a win, drawing 5 and loosing one. Ontop of that ive conceded more than ive scored, granted i may not have the best team, but with the older tactics i've had the same team performing alot better.

EDIT.

After typing all of that, this just happened :D Im sure my team just need to gel a little ;)

whav.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mr Hough, struggling in the SPL with Celtic with your tactic. Ok got knocked out of CL by Arsenal, which is understandable, but getting beat by SPL teams isnt!! 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats already. Now I have rebuilt the team and I understand it takes time to gel but don't even seem to be playing well yet!! How long should i give it before i look to change? Any advice about the FB's? seem to concede a lot of goals from that area of the pitch! Cheers

Mr Hough, struggling in the SPL with Celtic with your tactic. Ok got knocked out of CL by Arsenal, which is understandable, but getting beat by SPL teams isnt!! 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats already. Now I have rebuilt the team and I understand it takes time to gel but don't even seem to be playing well yet!! How long should i give it before i look to change? Any advice about the FB's? seem to concede a lot of goals from that area of the pitch! Cheers

Try using the following OI's MR ML AMR AML AMC Tight Marking always Closing Down Always on these players, Other than that be patient.

Your new tactic is working for me so far Mr Hough, played 10 games with it and i've only conceded 3 goals, I'm in my second season with bradford and i'm still top but because the defence has been improved with this new tactic i'm now on +56 goal difference in League One. thanks

Brilliant tactic Mr.Hough.

Since my very first game that i tested the game against Roma and lost 3-0,I'm currently over 30 games unbeaten in the league and just now lost the Agg. in the Quarter CL against R. Madrid.

some numbers in the league:

Played:33 games

Won: 27

Draw: 5

Lost: 1

Scored: 95

Ag: 17

G.D: +78

Goalscorers:

Amauri - 32

Iaquinta - 30

Lukaku - 18

Del Piero - 13

Just so you guys see the difference between the old tactic of Mr.H and the new one:

In the classic tactic,i took the championship with Juve when I score 98 goals in the league and Ag 44

ATM in the new tactic,i've played 33 games(took the championship)when I scored 95 goals and Ag 17

Huge Difference. brilliant Tactic.

You are the best Mate !!!

I've given this tactic quite a few games and after a shaky start in the championship, i've seen an improvement as you can see from pic below:-

bradfordcity.png

I'm gonna carry on till the end of the season and hope i get promoted. I'll keep you informed!!

Thats very Impressive Dirty ace, Even better because of the year you are in and your still playing steven fletcher, Not the best of strikers so to grab a hattrick against Man Utd is very impressive well done.

Dave.

Well, Steven Fletcher is actually a pretty solid striker, at least in my opinion. He finished overall top scorer for my team, getting 42 goals in 51 matches, plus 32 assists. If you look at the other striker (Etien Velikonja) who scored in the final, he is even worse than Fletcher. However, he is quick, good finisher, has good off the ball, and anticipation. He just fits into the left striker position very well.

Don't let it get you down. Your team just needs some time to gel and get used to the tactic. However, it may take a little longer if you have rebuilt the team completely. I am also playing in the SPL with Hearts and am having huge success with them. Just finished the forth season. However, we won the SPL and League Cup in the first season, and got to the semis of the Scottish Cup.

Make sure also to follow Mr. Hough's recommended attributes in the OP when buying new players.

One player I would highly recommend is Gaston Fernandez. He is free at the beginning of the game and is an amazing player for SPL level. He was my top scorer in the first season, getting almost 50 goals.

I've given this tactic quite a few games and after a shaky start in the championship, i've seen an improvement as you can see from pic below:-

bradfordcity.png

I'm gonna carry on till the end of the season and hope i get promoted. I'll keep you informed!!

What skin is this?

Cheers.

I'm glad success is starting to find various players now, One thing I'm very glad that my tactics don't do and that is win every game!, How boring would it get if you knew you where gonna win every single game, That's one of the reasons i don't include the Corner Routine bug.

On my various save games with an awesome Tottenham side and The Fantastic Liverpool Legends side, Although my team is great sometimes my players struggle to take the opportunities that come there way and i can draw 0-0 1-1 or scrap a 2-1 win, Saying that more often than not I'm wining 3/4 - 0.

I like this balance in results because it makes me wanna buy players to improve my team instead of just flying through the game on holiday mode.

I've made alot of tactics for FM10 so far and this is the First FM that I've made tactics for all the other versions i have just downloaded tactics like the Majority of people on here, It's astounding the success I've had right from patch 10.0 through to patch 10.3.

The appreciation that i have had is overwhelming at times and that's for using my tactics even if they didn't work for you thanks for trying it, It makes me strive to make them better.

I've been thinking about other formations i could try and i really wanna try and crack a winger formation so that will be the only tactic I'll be working on in the future till i get it right.

Thanks again everybody.

Dave.

Possibly my one, and only issue with this tactic ( and ive had quite a bit of experience now, having used it for around 10 seasons across various games) is that, it is seemingly exceedingly difficult to dog it up in he last 10 mins for a result

For example, away from home, 80th minute, i often reduce full backs runs forward, set them to a defensive mentality and go to the first notch of time wasting. In all my career, this has only led to extremely negative consequences. The tactic however is suprisingly open though, and without changes does concede more then he average late on. Currently however, im operating a system of just leaving it, as if i make changes the worst seems to always happen.

Other than that a remarkable tactic.

Do people make any changes when trying to dog up a lead away from home? (ie to counteract the 4-2-4)

http://img99.imageshack.us/i/fixturesl.jpg/

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/marcsinclair.jpg/

http://img179.imageshack.us/i/teaml.jpg/

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/premn.jpg/

Started my new season with your new tactic Mr H. Failed to win the league for the last couple of years but judging by the start to my season I think I should be regaining the title this year.

Very nice.

http://img99.imageshack.us/i/fixturesl.jpg/

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/marcsinclair.jpg/

http://img179.imageshack.us/i/teaml.jpg/

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/premn.jpg/

Started my new season with your new tactic Mr H. Failed to win the league for the last couple of years but judging by the start to my season I think I should be regaining the title this year.

Very nice.

That regen Marc Sinclair looks awesome, Brilliant attacking stats good find.

Possibly my one, and only issue with this tactic ( and ive had quite a bit of experience now, having used it for around 10 seasons across various games) is that, it is seemingly exceedingly difficult to dog it up in he last 10 mins for a result

For example, away from home, 80th minute, i often reduce full backs runs forward, set them to a defensive mentality and go to the first notch of time wasting. In all my career, this has only led to extremely negative consequences. The tactic however is suprisingly open though, and without changes does concede more then he average late on. Currently however, im operating a system of just leaving it, as if i make changes the worst seems to always happen.

Other than that a remarkable tactic.

Do people make any changes when trying to dog up a lead away from home? (ie to counteract the 4-2-4)

countering the 4-2-4 is tricky because the opp players seem to have so much space behind your fullbacks, It's a tricky situation to deal with i normally just let the tactic play and hope that i can hit them on the counter if there pushing players forward.

If i where to suggest anything the most obvious thing would be OI's which i think I've really overlooked but if used correctly can limit the opp to long range shots because of the pressure from my players.

So this is what I'd do, Soon as the opp switch to 4-2-4 pause the game and go and have a look at the opps formation and then go to the OI screen and Tight-mark and Close down always on the Players in the advanced forward positions I'm guessing they will probably be like this.

4-2-4formation14strikers.jpg

Now in this case i would start with Tight Marking and Closing down the 2 Wide strikers possibly showing them to weaker foot as well, Don't hard tackle cos you don't wanna give away any silly fouls or penalty's late in the game that will just make your players nervous. If you find that the 2 Middle strikers are having to much space Tight mark and Close down these to as well.

Here is another scenario that might happen.

4-2-4formation2strikers2wingers.jpg

If you see the opp lining up like this the do exactly the same as above but to the AML AMR leave the strikers, If they start creating chances and finding too much space Tight mark and Close down the strikers as well.

I know this is Quite in depth but it's the best way i could explain and get my points across easier.

Hope this info helps Jack

Best of luck

Dave

That regen Marc Sinclair looks awesome, Brilliant attacking stats good find.

Got him from Celtic as soon as he appeared. Using tugs training and he is now the perfect forward. Also Shawcross has been fantastic at centre half. Not too quick but a monster in the air.

Won my next 5 games scoring 20 and conceding 1 by the way.

I may have to start a new game with someone crap now just for the challenge although I also like the fact that every now and then not everything clicks and you get turned over by Stoke!! Should have lost to Werder Bremen as they missed some easy chances but Sinclair and Ramsay came to the rescue late on.

Keep up the good work and I'll post my results soon. Off work after having my cruciate ligament reconstructed so should get through a season fairly quickly with nothing else to do.

Got him from Celtic as soon as he appeared. Using tugs training and he is now the perfect forward. Also Shawcross has been fantastic at centre half. Not too quick but a monster in the air.

Won my next 5 games scoring 20 and conceding 1 by the way.

I may have to start a new game with someone crap now just for the challenge although I also like the fact that every now and then not everything clicks and you get turned over by Stoke!! Should have lost to Werder Bremen as they missed some easy chances but Sinclair and Ramsay came to the rescue late on.

Keep up the good work and I'll post my results soon. Off work after having my cruciate ligament reconstructed so should get through a season fairly quickly with nothing else to do.

OUCH!!!!!, On my tottenham save as you can see on the screens above my team is immense i beat arsenal 6-1 at there ground then the next game drew to villa 0-0 that's just the way it goes though sometimes.

Great tactic Mr Hough, simply brilliant. I've just finished my first season with West Ham in 7th place, recording a 5-0 home win against Aston Villa ( Screenshot higher up the page) 1-0 home win against Liverpool and a 1-0 away win at Arsenal.

Ontop of all of that i did not sign 1 first team player and Carlton Cole was my top scorer and managed a call up to the England Squad, something he has never managed to do on any of my other West Ham saves, unfortunately he didn't play in the international game :(

Once again, what an outstanding tactic!

Mr Hough, I wondered if you would expand a little on the changes you made between the classic version of your tactic and the May 8th version?

I see the FCr and FCl now longer move into the channels, and there are a couple of mentality changes.

I am interested in learning more behind the reasoning for the changes, so that I can understand the tactic more.

Thanks for your great tactic and thread :thup:

Hi Dave.

I'm trying your new tactic at the moment with Real Madrid. I started with a personnal one, and switched to yours after a bad game at L'pool in CL.

It's really good so far, and the most impressive game :

http://s2.noelshack.com/upload/1565112793068_realonfire.jpg

fixtures :

http://s2.noelshack.com/upload/14568820582239_realonfire2.jpg

So it's 7 games, 7 wins, 31 goals, 1 against (an amazing long range free kick btw).

I just made some little tweaks, on the FBs and on the 3 strikers (mainly mentality) to fit my players at best.

Great job man, as usual ;)

EDIT : Barcelona is gonna be hard to defeat this season :

http://s2.noelshack.com/upload/20148027045795_barcaenfoir.jpg

with the real madrid is very very very easy...ronaldo and higuain scores 2 goals for game and kakà do 2012031023 assists and benzema make 20102 assists too...

2uhr3bk.jpg

but its really easy..

till the tenerife i've used the old classic tactic ^_^

the new tactic simply not workin with my tottenham side :( I Don't understand what is wrong but i just lost twice against aston villa in 10 days..

I have had problems with Villa aswell, Due to the pace of the attack i think as they concentrate down the flanks and i know my new tactic is abit weak down the flanks, I don't think it's a massive worry though try and sign fullbacks with the attributes i have mentioned in the OP, Other than that try the OI's that i have mentioned in the OP aswell

HI, I have used various tactics of yours in the past Mr Hough and they work well- However i have always wondered how I am meant to alter the formation/tactics when I have a player sent off- I used to take 1 of the strikers off to make it more balanced but that really doesn't work. I have found taking the dmc out is the best option and playing on the counter but even that isn't brilliant :( Any thoughts???

Mr Hough, I am testing your final tactic and I found that by using Arsenal, a front three of Arshavin, Van Persie and Walcott is prettty lethal as RVP will create chances for the

side strikers as well as score himself, Walcott almost get 3-4 clear cut chances per match by using his incredible speed but will spurn most

of them due to low composure and finishing, Arshavin if to break opponent's offside trap, is almost certain to score at any angle.

So, I am pretty much satisfied with the three.

As I observed, strong and big strikers up front will not perform as well as creative, fast strikers as they will be closed down by defenders quite

a lot of time. Is this correct, mr hough? eg: the Bendtner, Lukaku type. Not sure about Chamakh, didnt try him.

In the meantime, should I up the creative freedom to max or near max for my central midfielders like fabregas, ramsey, nasri, rosicky, diaby,

denilson because i found them on the high creative side. Any kind opinions about this and what really do increase in creative freedom do?

Will they lost possesion so much often by trying the impossible everytime or will they create more Clear cut chances? can u please

enlighten me on this matter?

Also, should I use playmaker and target man for your tactic, is it a disadvantage or advantage to use them? Can u clarify on them?

Like fabregas is a great playmaker, so do nasri, rosicky, ramsey etc. Likewise Van Persie is a beast of target men to feet.

But one thing is that will that setting ruin your tactic? Will the players kept passing to them two and they lose their balls too easily?

And about try through balls, what will the affect the tactic, I tried to tweak the other CM to often(instead of simetimes) and DM to often too.

I found it quite good. why? the FB's is also set to sometimes try through balls. I found no harm too. Why?

Besides, why the wideplay settings for all players is normal, can I have some of time hug touchline, Cut inside or move into channels?

can u please enlighten me? So do the roaming for the strikers? Can I set it on?

At the same time , I found I conceed a hell lot for headers, most particularly and mentioned other wingers/strikers compete the ball

in air with my full backs each and everytime at cross and my FBs fail most of the time. I know that the attributes needed are heading

and jumping, but even the better FBs are not TOO excel in that department, so should I retrain CB's for FB cuz i kept

conceeding goals like that. It is like a thorn for me. Any help please? Also, should I buy a new goalkeeper with excellent aerial

ability and command of area, by the way, what does these two attributes do? Do goalkeeper suppose to jump and catch each of every

dangerous crosses to them? I bought Rene Adler earlier , he is just beast and imho the god of reflexes and one on ones in FM, but he is

prone to aerial ball, should I get Hugo Lloris and will you know he will or will not conceed from high balls ? because Adler do save me many

matches in one-on-one situations. Any wise choices?

I am conceeding goals form your defending corner setup so i change to my setup, then less conceeding goals BUT at a time th AI

use the AI corner trick , that is pass to the near post where the AI player is one and unmarked totally ( Anyone know how to setup this

corner trick btw :?) , 100% the ball will go into the net where he hit it hard. But luckily on my situation. one defender is aware of

this situation and he close down him almost immediately to prevent the AI from 'cheating'. As I feel that I am safe for once, the worst happens

, my defender slide tackle him on the box when the 'cheater' seems to carry the ball away from box as he awares of someone closing him down.

Penalty !!! n I am left furious fuming at the bench. Any solutions? anyone can counter this?

And by using arsenal in this tactic as normally arsenal seems to be a possesion side, after this, they normally gain 45-50 possesion from it,

usually less than the opponents, why? and what should I do to gain possesion like 60 something (I know that It is meaningless but i hate

to see when I am 5-0 up or soemthing, my possesion stats is 45 (me) to 55 or something similar.

In addition, the opponents seem to get as many shots or nearly my shots as I do in normal case, why? ( I know many of them are long shots

from distance, but they are clear cut chances when they break my defense too as well as so called 'free headers' as majority of time

FB marking the one who heads will fail to do so. Any good ways to limit the opposition chances?

Moreover, should my arsenal side use your suggested minimum pitch size ? will this hinders pace strikers like walcott to run at the space left

by defenders? can you clarify?

I am using nike defense now : 7., 8 , 9, 10, 11 ,11 for my back four, and It seems much solid than the normal one, but i do conceed 2 goals form

the space behind the 'stopper' defender. I didnt manage to test them two as many matches as I can to see which is much better (will do so later), but i do

think the nike defense is better but will conceed the odd goal once in a blue moon. n How come you can figure out your mentality correctly, mr.hough?

Furthermore, I found that the throw-in setup cost me a number of goals when near the opponent box, I launch the throw in, the defenders

head it away and they will launch a counter. Any ways to improve on this?

In fact, It is a great tactic btw. A thousand thanks for viewing my post and giving your much appreciated reply.

mr hough where i can play villa and dzeko?? left center or right striker? ^_^

I'd recommend you try them out in various positions. Do some experimenting. The results seem to vary from one game to another. I've read here that one guy played Dzeko at center striker with a lot of success, but when I tried it in my game, he didn't work very well there for some reason. Villa should be able to work in any position. He is just too good not to.