Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Hey

I think this is by far the most effective tactic on the game SO FAR.

Back to back promotions with Crewe;

however my defence leaks goals every game. It feels good to win most games, however im doing it with 3-2, 4-3 and even 5-2 results every week!!!

In League One I came 2nd, with Gohouri and Bartley at the back. These are quality players for this division

If only it was a solid defensive tactic

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Hough - I have to say this is by far the best tactic I have ever used. I have just walked through League One with my Colchester United side and now have won the Championship in my first season - quite convincingly I might add. I have found the 3 forwards to equally score goals and most games played I managed to win by 2 or more goals.

My team that just won the championship -

GK - Ben Williams

DR - Petra Petras

DL - Marc Tierney (Paul Dixon arriving shortly)

DC - Franco Peppino

DC - Kamil Glik

DMC - Sehad Mahamha (Loan from Man City)

MC - Fran Merida (Loan from Arsenal)

MC - Jack Cork (Loan from Chelsea)

SC - Federico Nieto

SC - Franco Mendoza

SC - Sean Scannell

I also got Kayode Odedayi on the bench who scored loads and Fred Sears on loan from West Ham who scored over 20 + aswell.

Roll on the premiership - I need to strengthen me thinks!

I did a small test by switching back to the original classic for four games. It made a considerable difference, especially in the attack phase. The flow became more fluid in this phase as it seemed that the strikers were moving better. The other thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post are the fullbacks. In the final version of the classic, the fullbacks are set to make very few forward runs, and make less through balls. I think this is also why the attack tends to stagnate in the final version. There's no real pressure coming from the flanks during the attack because of this. It also contributes to the whole lack of width problem, which the fullbacks would help with, if they were going forward more often. So I think setting them on mixed forward runs is probably best in terms of maintaining the effectiveness of the attack. Obviously, they would be creating more space for the strikers by stretching the opposing back line.

I do understand though the defensive problem with them (fullbacks) as well. I've experienced them too with every version of the tactic. I've noticed a pretty clear pattern. Whenever my team is doing badly, it is usually the fullbacks who are getting bad ratings. Meaning that whatever the mistakes that are occurring, that are causing my team to be loosing, are coming from the flanks. This is prevalent with pretty much any level of players. In my Milan career, where I had two world class fullbacks, they would also get terrible ratings a bit too often. This also makes me think that perhaps it's not a problem that can be fixed through tactic tweaking. Now I don't want to dwell into any kind of conspiracy theories, but I've read that the wingers don't play well in FM10, and perhaps to compensate for this, the fullbacks have been made less effective, in order to have a balance. I would understand if this was made on purpose in order to preserve game-play as a whole.

I get what you are saying about the wingers but they are effective for the opp so they must be a way to get them to work for us too.

So, what players have people found that perform out of their skin in his tactic? Preferably ones that don't cost £20m+:)

Jonjo Shelvey has been excellent for me as the central striker. He got 15 assists and 8 goals in 32 last season.

Darron Gibson has also been a revelation in midfield. Av.r. of 7.90 after 19 games in the 2011/12 season.

Chris Wood is another young player to make a huge impact for me with this tactic. At 19 years old he scored 11 goals in 15 as the left sided striker.

Any others?

So, what players have people found that perform out of their skin in his tactic? Preferably ones that don't cost £20m+:)

Jonjo Shelvey has been excellent for me as the central striker. He got 15 assists and 8 goals in 32 last season.

Darron Gibson has also been a revelation in midfield. Av.r. of 7.90 after 19 games in the 2011/12 season.

Chris Wood is another young player to make a huge impact for me with this tactic. At 19 years old he scored 11 goals in 15 as the left sided striker.

Any others?

Iocounty has made a thread about players that do well with my tactics, You could have a look there here is the link.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=208061

Mr Hough

I think the GCS tactic (from the 26/03/10) is amazing however I can't seem to get the recent classic version working.

Anyway I just wondered if the attribute requirements you changed on your opening post still apply for the GCS version. And if not do you still have the attributes that apply for the GCS version you had listed before the 8th of this month.

Thanks again. You have given me my love for this game.

dont get how this works for other people only did well with one team using the classic tatic and i had to tweak the full backs then, tried it with a few teams and did terible, not saying there bad create so many chances but miss so many

Hello!

Just wanted to post a screenshot of my first season with Real Madrid using the new Mr Hough 10.3 tactic.

This is by far the most efficient attacking tactic i have seen so far. Ronaldo is a beast in this tactic.

Helped me win the treble in my first season without any struggle.

Here is my squad screen and the league table.

646780.jpeg

646786.jpeg

Here is also a screenshot of my manager history.

646791.jpeg

Won a domestic treble in my first year with Chelsea and lost in the semis of the European cup against Madrid, Ronaldo ran me ragged. But now in the 2nd season all the teams i play against are packing their midfield and seem to have my number, lost to Liverpool drew vs West Brom Middlesboro and West Ham. Whats everyone done to counter this? Im thinking of dropping my advanced forward (middle striker) back to attacking midfield or advanced playmaker.

Just tried the CLASSIC 10.3 tactic but with all 3 strikers in the AMC position, meaning you play without a striker. I'm totally demolishing the opposition. I'm playing with West Ham, 1st season. TRY it out.

Artze - you should try the player on each of the 3 positions to see where they play the most.

When i plaeyd with R.Madrid,higuain was in the middle and ronaldo on the right but it can be changed since they don't

play consistence on these positions so you better try all of the 3 striker positions.

Hey guys

After working on the defence a little more i started a new Save with Blyth in the Blue Square North Division.

I am taking this Save Seriously so i signed a few players all on Free Transfers here is some screens of my Squad and my progress after 10 games.

Blyth10gamesin.jpg

BlythSquad.jpg

Not bad going after 10 games, I'll post an update after 20 games to see if i can stay unbeaten.

Hey guys

After working on the defence a little more i started a new Save with Blyth in the Blue Square North Division.

I am taking this Save Seriously so i signed a few players all on Free Transfers here is some screens of my Squad and my progress after 10 games.

Blyth10gamesin.jpg

Blyth10gamesin.jpg

Not bad going after 10 games, I'll post an update after 20 games to see if i can stay unbeaten.

if u stay unbeaten so u will post an update tactic ? because the new classic tactic a bit leaky on defence..

if u stay unbeaten so u will post an update tactic ? because the new classic tactic a bit leaky on defence..

Yeah i will do looking good at the minute though most games i've dominated even at this level

An improved version much much better in defence and i can say that with complete confidence.

Wow I cant wait...I am now in the CCC with Crewe after back to back promotions. Great tactic, but I still concede a lot..

What's different in this NEW version tactic Mr Hough?

Wow I cant wait...I am now in the CCC with Crewe after back to back promotions. Great tactic, but I still concede a lot..

What's different in this NEW version tactic Mr Hough?

not much realy only a few things got the Nike defence in but i think i have it just right for my team and instead of making big changes when things are going wrong i have moved the sliders 1/2 notches and it's completly fine tuning it better.

I seem to concede on corners i have concede 8 goals in 13 games and 5 have been from corners so i need to have a look at them but not sure how set them up as i don't wanna concede more if i mess it up.

not much realy only a few things got the Nike defence in but i think i have it just right for my team and instead of making big changes when things are going wrong i have moved the sliders 1/2 notches and it's completly fine tuning it better.

I seem to concede on corners i have concede 8 goals in 13 games and 5 have been from corners so i need to have a look at them but not sure how set them up as i don't wanna concede more if i mess it up.

So its better defensively than the latest release? Do you mind posting the BETA so I can test please Mr Hough?

Id love it if you could create a lone striker tactic or with wingers or even a 4-4-2. I love using your tactic because results wise it is superb but I don't know what with the shape of it and the football it plays it just doesn't kind of feel "real".

Mr. Hough have you tried

DEFENDING CORNERS

Best Header and marker on marking "Tall player"

Next 2 good headers "near" and "far post"

1 player "man" marking

3 players "forward" and 3 players "back" or 2 "forward" and 4 "back".

posted by Zico10

Cheers for this, by far the best FM2010 tactic I've seen so far. Just finished 3rd season with Farnborough using the latest version:

fmscreen.png

League loses were usually due to lack of player fitness as big cups runs clog the fixtures up :)

I'm using the up-to-date tactic(classic)that mr hough as made, for my bradford side and i found that the players were being caught in possession to much and the back-line were starting to defend a bit to late for my liking which meant the ball was gone before they started to challenge. Has anyone else found this? I thought about upping the closing-down settings but they looked fine. So these were the small tweaks i made:-

1) Upped the tempo by two clicks

2) Upped the defensive line by two clicks

That meant to two situations that i've mentioned above have stopped and i actually found that the fullbacks started to close-down the wingers alot quicker has well. It's improved performances no end!!!

I used the latest classic on my FML team, BrandNew Rovers. I was top of the league but now I have slipped to 3rd after a string of bad results. I understand this is not a FML tatic and thats why I have no success with this tatic however I would like to point out I used the old classic tatic which was the one that got me top in the first place. I will switch back untill the newer tatic is out. Look forward to it

Mr. Hough have you tried

DEFENDING CORNERS

Best Header and marker on marking "Tall player"

Next 2 good headers "near" and "far post"

1 player "man" marking

3 players "forward" and 3 players "back" or 2 "forward" and 4 "back".

posted by Zico10

Sweet, thanks cas1no. I found a lot of goals I conceded were from corners and throw ins. Also sometimes the CM scores from long range - do you do show weaker foot for this one?

Can't wait for Mr.Hough to release the new tactic.

Just tried the CLASSIC 10.3 tactic but with all 3 strikers in the AMC position, meaning you play without a striker. I'm totally demolishing the opposition. I'm playing with West Ham, 1st season. TRY it out.

Has anyone even tried this? It's working great for me... use AMC or AMC/FC.