Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

For me this is the best tactic i have ever used on a Football Manager game, any. On FM 09 i tried myself to accomplish something similiar as to what works well about this tactic, but it was a flat back 4, no attacking threat from the defence, and an advanced midfielder with 2 holding DM, i couldnt get it to work however. However this one works like a treat. This is using the most recent version btw.

2 Simple questions for you though my friend for me to get the best from this masterpiece;

1) Often when in the lead, even if it is by 4 or 5 goals (not a rare thing..) im often finding myself conceding needless few goals in the last 20 minutes - how can i counter this? I have tried many ways in trying to defend leads but i am still conceding way too many goals. Is there anything i can do to defend leads? A different tactic maybe? Changes in formation?

2) I still dont know what strikers to play. I often play on the left and right winger strikers than actual centre forwards. For example Bellamy, Ronaldo, Robinho.. in my Wolves save i was even playing Jarvis left forward and Kightly right, who are both wingers. Then usually in the central role i would play somebody like Berbatov, Crouch, Doyle, Rooney, Owen, Villa.. actual goal getters who work inside the box.. is this the way to go about things? I find in the OP the poacher description still isnt done.. why? An explanation on this is needed.

An answer for these two would be greatly recieved Mr Hough, thankyou.

this has been a common question and i would have a look at subing players for fresh ones look at full backs and the defensive midfielders fitness at around 70 minute mark.

the advanced forwards Attributes are the same as the Poachers so use them.

You want pure strikers in the left and right slot and a creative striker in the middle slot.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the Winger tactic i've been working i'm releasing it as a Beta cos i think i can make it better over time.

i have struggled with reallly bottom teams thats why i wanna make it better but top and mid table teams it will be fine with.

Player Attributes click on the player in the tactics part and have a look there i'm not gonna do a big list because the tactic isn't finished yet.

I haven't been using OI's or Shouts.

I must stress that i haven't tested it with lower leagues either as i haven't had time.

http://www.filefront.com/16064885/Mr%20Hough%2010.3%20Wingers%20V1%20Beta%20%28Middlesbrough%2C%20Jul%202009%29.tac

Please be constructive with feedback because this tactic has been extreamly frustrating

@MrHough

One thing I've been wondering. In the OP you state that Advanced Forward and Poachers need Dribbling. And yet, Mike Hanke - playing in one of those positions - have 10 Dribbling. How come?

Thanks for posting the tactic, ive been waiting and looking for your winger tactic!

Im playing Newcastle first season premier league, but not with the best squad due to poor finances and some injuries on important players. I changed to this tactic in the middle of january and im now at the end of march. I've recorded 7 wins including beating Man.City twice, Arsenal once, 6 draws incl. Chelsea and Liverpool, 3 losses against Everton, Burnley and Scunthorpe (fa cup). The lowest possesion i've had is 49% but most games i have dominated. Also chances created has gone drasticly up but still loads of shots off target, but i havent really got the strikers to fit the roles good enough as of yet, same as defensive midfielders. Im sure that with better players, this would work wonders for my Newcastle team! Yet again i would like to thank you for making this tactic!

Oh, i forgot to mention that i recieved a foolish amount of cards when using the winger tactic..

just tried the winger tatic you just put up and lost 5 one 1 think al go back to my old tatic, was leaking goals like mad first few game then just couldnt score one striker was playing terible as well not sure why that happend i might have had rong type of player there

ive made a few tweaks to the '10.3 Mr.H _Zico10_gcs beta wizard WINGERELLI' tactic and its working quite well. i tried to make the wingers tactic before it came out based on what i saw in the real madrid match. i havn't used the new wingers tactic yet as i havn't seen any huge problems with this one. the two games i lost torres was on fire so i'm not complaining about getting beat 3-1 at anfield and the man city game i lost to a MODRIC header where he out jumped my dm gago who id just subbed on.

results

gcstweaks.th.jpg

my tweaks

droped the right mc to dm made him 2 clicks more defensive

changed the right winger's wide play to cut inside

clicked the counter attack botton

changed tempo to quick i think 3clicks away from full

changed passing to direct inline wit tempo

and i play the 'target man' on the left and my fast striker on the right and i also have milner on the left so i'm unsure if his right footedness makes a difference.

it's the best tactic ive 'made' found for my villa team.

just tried the winger tatic you just put up and lost 5 one 1 think al go back to my old tatic, was leaking goals like mad first few game then just couldnt score one striker was playing terible as well not sure why that happend i might have had rong type of player there

Thanks for trying the tactic, If your playing as a small weak team then the tactic won't be as good i have struggled to get it working for smaller teams, I';m hopeing to fix this over the next week or so though.

Thanks for trying the tactic, If your playing as a small weak team then the tactic won't be as good i have struggled to get it working for smaller teams, I';m hopeing to fix this over the next week or so though.

I'm using this tactic with Reading in the premiership, tactic seems to play well i find having them set to pass to feet and hastle opponents seems to work well along with playing them on a standard setting oppossed to overload, i find using overload from the off just leaks goals. I have had 4 wins now but have struggled against Arsenal & Liverpool (which is to be expected) in fact i was battered 5-2 & 5-0 respectively. But overall i like the tactic so persist with it i think you will get it.

Loved your last tactic to although i found my team strugling with it in the second half of the season, but that seems to be the norm with most tactics on fm10 i have found.

I'm using this tactic with Reading in the premiership, tactic seems to play well i find having them set to pass to feet and hastle opponents seems to work well along with playing them on a standard setting oppossed to overload, i find using overload from the off just leaks goals. I have had 4 wins now but have struggled against Arsenal & Liverpool (which is to be expected) in fact i was battered 5-2 & 5-0 respectively. But overall i like the tactic so persist with it i think you will get it.

Loved your last tactic to although i found my team strugling with it in the second half of the season, but that seems to be the norm with most tactics on fm10 i have found.

Try changing the Philoshy to Balanced aswell that will stop players bombing forward and stick to there positions more

Hi Mr Hough :)

Does your 10.3 Normal tactic posted on the OP work with small team just promoted into premiership ?

I sign almost the whole team base on your important stats.. from 13~15.

But currently dun seem to be doing so well, any advice ? thanks

Hi Mr Hough :)

Does your 10.3 Normal tactic posted on the OP work with small team just promoted into premiership ?

I sign almost the whole team base on your important stats.. from 13~15.

But currently dun seem to be doing so well, any advice ? thanks

Yes it will work it will just need time for the players to gel i think and for them to get used to playing with each other.

You have just been promoted to the prem so you can't expect awesome results straight away but it will work

Mr. Hough, I have to congratulate you with your tactic. It's not unbeatable (luckily enough), but the results I got were absolutely fabulous, and more important, I've tested your classic tactic with a small team. I've started with Crystal Palace FC in the English CCC. A 10-point deduction, no money, but a reasonable good but very small squad.

Throughout the season I was forced to play the youngsters regularly as first team players were tired or injured, and even with 3-4 of them in the team, the tactic gave me good results. (despite some of the youngsters not up for the task if I looked to their stats)

I finished 7th, only because I lost on the final day of the season 1-0 away to Sheffield Wednesday as my team was struggling, so I dropped a place from 6th to 7th only missing out on the Play Offs by one single point. (in fact, without the 10-point deduction I would have finished 3rd!)

About the goals the following remark, I've scored a rather fantastic 111 times in 46 league games but I conceded also 68 goals (which is pretty fair I think) especially because I had only one good GK who was injured for quite a long period in which I had to play with a 18-year old goalie that I bought on a free transfer just to have a second GK in my squad.

Second season and most financial problems are solved, with a bigger wage budget I was able to attract more quality players on a free so I have a much better balanced team. Also some of the youngsters developed themselves into first team players and currently I'm top of the league after 29 games. 20 wins, 6 draws and only 3 defeats.

Again my frontline is scoring at a fantastic rate, however, with a better defence I'm conceding much less, until now it seems I'm on my way to win the Championship.

Fred Sears, Zavon Hines and Sean Scannell, those 3 did it for me in my first season, Sears and Hines both loaned from West Ham season long without paying any percent of their wages. Second season Sears and Hines are again at Palace, again on a season long loan, again without West Ham demanding to participate in their wages, so again 2 fantastic strikers who cost me nothing at all. Scannell's the 3rd man but in case of injuries I now have Marlon Harewood, Andras Simon, Febian Brandy and a well developed Calvin Andrew to play up front, and more important, to score loads of goals.

My best team if everybody's fit looks like this: Speroni - Comley - Cathart - McCarthy - Hills - N'Diaye - Danns - Ambrose - Scannell - Sears - Hines. Other players who play regularly are Carle, James, Davis, Hill, Koumas, Hewson, Ertl and Evans.

Like you see, not a world class-team tbh, but your tactic (and I didn't used another one until present) is proving his worth.

My own tactics helped me winning all French cups + title in my first season with Olympique Marseille, being easily Italian champions with AC Milan for many successive seasons but for smaller teams however I've never achieved to manage a tactic that was as good as yours.

So, thanks, I'm now going to test it with a mid table-team in the Belgian First Division.

Mr. Hough, I have to congratulate you with your tactic. It's not unbeatable (luckily enough), but the results I got were absolutely fabulous, and more important, I've tested your classic tactic with a small team. I've started with Crystal Palace FC in the English CCC. A 10-point deduction, no money, but a reasonable good but very small squad.

Throughout the season I was forced to play the youngsters regularly as first team players were tired or injured, and even with 3-4 of them in the team, the tactic gave me good results. (despite some of the youngsters not up for the task if I looked to their stats)

I finished 7th, only because I lost on the final day of the season 1-0 away to Sheffield Wednesday as my team was struggling, so I dropped a place from 6th to 7th only missing out on the Play Offs by one single point. (in fact, without the 10-point deduction I would have finished 3rd!)

About the goals the following remark, I've scored a rather fantastic 111 times in 46 league games but I conceded also 68 goals (which is pretty fair I think) especially because I had only one good GK who was injured for quite a long period in which I had to play with a 18-year old goalie that I bought on a free transfer just to have a second GK in my squad.

Second season and most financial problems are solved, with a bigger wage budget I was able to attract more quality players on a free so I have a much better balanced team. Also some of the youngsters developed themselves into first team players and currently I'm top of the league after 29 games. 20 wins, 6 draws and only 3 defeats.

Again my frontline is scoring at a fantastic rate, however, with a better defence I'm conceding much less, until now it seems I'm on my way to win the Championship.

Fred Sears, Zavon Hines and Sean Scannell, those 3 did it for me in my first season, Sears and Hines both loaned from West Ham season long without paying any percent of their wages. Second season Sears and Hines are again at Palace, again on a season long loan, again without West Ham demanding to participate in their wages, so again 2 fantastic strikers who cost me nothing at all. Scannell's the 3rd man but in case of injuries I now have Marlon Harewood, Andras Simon, Febian Brandy and a well developed Calvin Andrew to play up front, and more important, to score loads of goals.

My best team if everybody's fit looks like this: Speroni - Comley - Cathart - McCarthy - Hills - N'Diaye - Danns - Ambrose - Scannell - Sears - Hines. Other players who play regularly are Carle, James, Davis, Hill, Koumas, Hewson, Ertl and Evans.

Like you see, not a world class-team tbh, but your tactic (and I didn't used another one until present) is proving his worth.

My own tactics helped me winning all French cups + title in my first season with Olympique Marseille, being easily Italian champions with AC Milan for many successive seasons but for smaller teams however I've never achieved to manage a tactic that was as good as yours.

So, thanks, I'm now going to test it with a mid table-team in the Belgian First Division.

I got challenged to prove that the tactic is successful and Palace was the test subject, I to easily went on a march up the league and i think i finished 4th but i still had games to play but stopped playing as i proved my point to the guy.

Stern John in the middle and sean scannel on the left where unreal for me i think his name was andy lee?? he was on the right till i brought in jay rodriguez on loan.

Well, finished my first season. Even though we had a shaky and erratic start, we managed to win the treble nevertheless. Now for some observations:

- The classic tactic definitely seems to be more effective in attack, however, as with any tactic, it also depends on the form of your strikers and how motivated they are. When they start hitting their bad patches, then they will start missing a ton of chances. Make sure to have enough strikers on your team in order to rotate them in these type of situations.

- I did use gcs' tactic throughout the season as well, but not as much as the classic. I used gcs' several times in tough away games and it did the trick most times.

- Regarding the defense in the classic tactic. I found that by putting the central defenders on man marking made it actually more solid at the back. It really reduced them from watching opposing players going by and not closing them down.

- Make sure the DMC position has a player with good jumping and heading. It will really remove a lot of headaches in terms of defense. Will reduce pressure on your backline much more. I experimented with using Gattuso and Ambrosini in this position. While both are pretty similar players, Ambrosini's great ability to jump really helped. Gattuso most times would get really average ratings, but Ambrosini had some great performances.

- Having an overall physical midfield will give you a big advantage. In some of my games against quality opposition, like Barcelona for example, I would put out a physically imposing midfield which most times would completely dominate. Of course I would also accumulate cards quickly but it's worth doing in big matches. In my CL final I had to play Man Utd, my midfield of Sissoko, Flamini, and Abrosini broke Carrick and Anderson in half.

- Fullbacks need to have high stamina, preferably 14 or above, otherwise make sure you have subs ready for them. They are going to get worn out often.

Here's a pic of my team after the season:

milan0910postseasonq.png

PS - Before anyone asks, there is no corner bug exploit being used in these tactics. Large majority of goals scored by strikers are from open play.

hey man in what positions have you played the strikers? right middle left...can you tell me pls? ^^

Mr Hough, which pitch size i have to select for the winger tactic ? And, can you give me some advice for the matchs that i will play against strongs team and very strongs team for winger tactic ?

Yes it will work it will just need time for the players to gel i think and for them to get used to playing with each other.

You have just been promoted to the prem so you can't expect awesome results straight away but it will work

Thanks,

Isit normal to get hammered by stronger team while waiting my new players to get used to the tactic.

Using the classic version I just won the league with Blackburn, scoring 105 goals in the process. Fantastic tactic, doesn't seem to do well for me at the start (was 9th until December then I just started thrashing everyone, new season I have won 1, drawn 1, lost 1) but second half of the season I was beating all the big teams by atleast 3 goals a match.

Using the classic version I just won the league with Blackburn, scoring 105 goals in the process. Fantastic tactic, doesn't seem to do well for me at the start (was 9th until December then I just started thrashing everyone, new season I have won 1, drawn 1, lost 1) but second half of the season I was beating all the big teams by atleast 3 goals a match.

Im using the GSC version, mabbe it too attacking and for bigger team, so i got trash at the start.

think i will use Mr Hough version 2 and try...

Im not using any corner cheat. Ive setted up my own corners, so i have no idea what cheat ur talking about.

Mr Ronaldo is attacking the ball from deep on corners.. But thats merely 10goals in the entire season - if that can do it..

And yes im using classic, retraind Ronaldo to strike, and Kaka to CM.

Heya Mr Hough. Got a question regarding 10.3 classic formation.

I am doing really well as Espanyol (3rd in first season), however My assistant manager keeps saying "we need someone on near & far post" for corners. I find **** team with massive players score alot from corners and this is probably why? Which players should I use to protect these 2 areas? I thought about 1 of the 3 strikers but cant decide :(

I started unemployed and got a job at Derby, they were about 20th when I took over after around 15 games. After an initial settling period we smashed it going all the way to the top and finished 1st on goal difference. I had no money for transfers so used the standard squad.

When I took over I wrote the season off and would have been happy with a mid-table finish. During the off season I only had £7 million to spend to stay in the premier league, I managed to get Hart, Gibson, Shorey, and a couple of loan singings but my team is weak. So far I have 4 wins and 2 losses! Hopefully I will get a job offer from a more established team.

I used the classic tactic, cheers Mr Hough.

Only problem I have is in the last 20 minutes teams dominate me as nearly all my players will be less than 60% condition and I only have 3 subs.

Winger tactic is very unstable for me, can loose to everyone, even weaker teams. FC Bayern: lost in cup vs Mgladbach and very lucky win against kopengahen! at League champions 3-2. All of them away

By the way.. what the pitch size ?

Heya Mr Hough. Got a question regarding 10.3 classic formation.

I am doing really well as Espanyol (3rd in first season), however My assistant manager keeps saying "we need someone on near & far post" for corners. I find **** team with massive players score alot from corners and this is probably why? Which players should I use to protect these 2 areas? I thought about 1 of the 3 strikers but cant decide :(

you wanna defend corners like this if it's not already set.

2 Central defenders 1 marking near post 1 marking far post.

All other players instructed to go back setting but leave one player on stay forward.

I started unemployed and got a job at Derby, they were about 20th when I took over after around 15 games. After an initial settling period we smashed it going all the way to the top and finished 1st on goal difference. I had no money for transfers so used the standard squad.

When I took over I wrote the season off and would have been happy with a mid-table finish. During the off season I only had £7 million to spend to stay in the premier league, I managed to get Hart, Gibson, Shorey, and a couple of loan singings but my team is weak. So far I have 4 wins and 2 losses! Hopefully I will get a job offer from a more established team.

I used the classic tactic, cheers Mr Hough.

Only problem I have is in the last 20 minutes teams dominate me as nearly all my players will be less than 60% condition and I only have 3 subs.

There are a few things you could do.

1. Hire more fitness Coaches.

2. i know it's hard especily when you have a small weak squad but if league stabilty is your main goal try and play a weaker team in the cups this is help key players in your teams fitness because they won't be playing as many matches.

Hough do you have any idea of how to make defense tighter in Beta Wizard/Classic?

It seems like central defenders are leaving lots of space between them...

I'm gonna have a look at the defence and try and make it tighter, Have you tried the winger tactic if so what do you think?

ive switched to the new tactic with FC United and ive only played 14 games and results are well EPIC ....P 14 W13 D1...i score on average for the 10 games 3 goals per game .not bad for a team thats predicted to finsh last....roca and wright on the wings are doin wicked damage .....i cant find anything to twaek as of yet but im looking at the central midfielder.....theres something missing there...im looking into it...but anyways Mr Hough another fantastic tactic you have created mate........so anyone wanna know if it work lower league ,id say it should work with any team......ill report back at end of season with results and any tweaks i find that have helped

I've had a look at the winger tactic again and well i think i have made it better,These 2 screenshots are both with real madrid and i know thats a unreal team but it's litrally just a test.

Look at the overall rating of my team here.

th_RMHighRating.jpg

I've never had all my players in the team of the week this is an acheivement!

th_DominatingTOTW.jpg

As always i'll be doing extensive tests just in case it was a fluke, I don't think it is but i've known these things to happen before.

I've had a look at the winger tactic again and well i think i have made it better,These 2 screenshots are both with real madrid and i know thats a unreal team but it's litrally just a test.

Look at the overall rating of my team here.

th_RMHighRating.jpg

I've never had all my players in the team of the week this is an acheivement!

th_DominatingTOTW.jpg

As always i'll be doing extensive tests just in case it was a fluke, I don't think it is but i've known these things to happen before.

Hi Mate, I've tried the Winger tactic with Barcelona and whilst they are a Big Team the tactic is still superb so far. 3 games in and won 6-0 6-2, 4-0 wasn't doing that well with any of the other tactics (although this is obviously only a 3 game test)

I use the GCS tactcis usually. I won 22 and drew 2 of my first 24 games and and then I went on a six game run where I didn't win a game - FM is so weird lol

Keep up the good work

I've been playing your winger tactic with Carlisle and once my team got used to the formation and loan signings I made I'm top of the league with 3 games left and really impressed. Its been a steady climb over the season with a fantastic run in the FA cup beating everton 2-0, tottenham 3-1 and only losing 2-0 to chelsea in the semi final, so not only good base to build the tactic on next season but its also given me a fantastic bank balance for next season, fingers crossed i get to see some of it for signings. Stick with it and over the season it'll come good. Well done yet again Mr Hough!! Looking forward to the updated winger tactic