Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

hi mr hough

using this tactic in thje french division 2 , problem is only players that fit the stats required for the tactic are 35+ otherwise obviously to expensive

im looking at 15+ for each of the first 3 attributes in each position is this to high?

thanks

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi mr hough

using this tactic in thje french division 2 , problem is only players that fit the stats required for the tactic are 35+ otherwise obviously to expensive

im looking at 15+ for each of the first 3 attributes in each position is this to high?

thanks

well the attributtes aren't in any order so try and use commen sense if your picking 3 like id choose Finishing Composure and Pace for a striker if i was just using 3.

Try and put it down to 14 and see if that helps searching for players

well, i think that i was the most problem of this winger tactic ;)

when i take charge of the club, i change 95% staff, all youth players were kicked & 80% of B team, 2-3 players from first team and 5-6 players was unhappy with my moves. Now i restarted the game and my team perfoms much better. )

Mr Hough now i'm managing Besiktas from Turkey, 1st season, i use your "10.3 classic tactic" and in ECL i have some matchs against Juve,Manu etc. so can you give me some advice about tactic for these matchs that i will play?

I quite often get players sent off using your tactics hough (which are very good by the way)

Can you advise what changes to make when going down to ten men?

Fine players who get sent off. They won't try that nonsense again :D

Thanks for trying the tactic, If your playing as a small weak team then the tactic won't be as good i have struggled to get it working for smaller teams, I';m hopeing to fix this over the next week or so though.

was with boro, was going to try it out again but at the moment i have a hate for footy manager

Well first season as Barcelona using a combination of Mr Hough’s tactics and I won every competition entered

La Liga - Winners

European Champions League – Winners

La Copa Del Rey – Winners

World Club Championship – Winners

European Super Cup – Winners

Spanish Super Cup – Winners

Thanks again Hough Man ;-)

hey man in what positions have you played the strikers? right middle left...can you tell me pls? ^^

Sorry for this delayed reply to your question. I used Pato as the center striker because he is quick and creative. Borriello and Huntelaar were played as the side strikers. I also told them to swap positions to make them harder to mark for opposing defenders. Hulk was played all over the place, sometimes in the center as a backup to Pato and other times as a side striker. Hope this helps.

I tried this tactic in Blue Square South but it's failing miserably lol, great for big teams though. :)

It can be successful with any team to be honest. As long as you follow the recommended attributes for each position that are listed in the first post, then you'll do just fine. I'm not sure if you've read this entire thread, but people have tried these tactics with small teams and had huge success.

Also, a tip for everyone else: If you have a player who is playing well but then suddenly starts to consistently under-perform, check out the section where you get feedback from your own fans on various players' performances. That feedback can sometimes reveal as to why a certain player is not playing well. Work especially well with young players. I'll give you an example. In my first season with Milan, Pato was on fire in the first half of the season, however, he then really cooled down and started to consistently play below his ability and usually would get ratings below 6.3. I checked the feedback from the fans and it said that they were indeed unhappy with his performances, which is totally understandable. However, it also said that he was under-performing mostly because of his young age and the pressure associated with first team football. It also suggested to give him a break from the first team. That's what I did. Instead of him I played an older player (Hulk), and simply brought on Pato as a sub for several games, until he started scoring again. Eventually I reinstated him to first team and he was playing well again.

Also, a tip for everyone else: If you have a player who is playing well but then suddenly starts to consistently under-perform, check out the section where you get feedback from your own fans on various players' performances. That feedback can sometimes reveal as to why a certain player is not playing well. Work especially well with young players. I'll give you an example. In my first season with Milan, Pato was on fire in the first half of the season, however, he then really cooled down and started to consistently play below his ability and usually would get ratings below 6.3. I checked the feedback from the fans and it said that they were indeed unhappy with his performances, which is totally understandable. However, it also said that he was under-performing mostly because of his young age and the pressure associated with first team football. It also suggested to give him a break from the first team. That's what I did. Instead of him I played an older player (Hulk), and simply brought on Pato as a sub for several games, until he started scoring again. Eventually I reinstated him to first team and he was playing well again.

wat section ?

Well after using this tactic last season and going on an 18 game unbeaten run ( all be it i drew a lot of them ) i'm now 8 games into the next season and so far i have not won a single game !

Last season i thought this look great and now i thinking a bit differently

my best run was with my own players, the transfer windo opened and i bought specific players with specific atributes ( as stated ) only bought 4 so did not completely change the team, and so far i'm 19th in prem played 8 won 0 drawn 3 lost 5 scored 4 conceeded 12.

i'm using 10.3 v2 Wizard any sugestions before i change a diferent tactic all together ?

Thanks

I tried this tactic in Blue Square South but it's failing miserably lol, great for big teams though.

I've been using this tactic with Braintree, starting in the BSS and have received promotion every year. Just about to start Championship League in my fourth year. Tactic has been amazing for me! Just make sure you have players that fit and it'll work perfectly. YOu do have to watch out for players that get overconfident. I had a 36 game non-losing streak, but when it snapped, I lost a few against much lower teams. Took about 3 games to get things back up and moving smoothly again.

Well after using this tactic last season and going on an 18 game unbeaten run ( all be it i drew a lot of them ) i'm now 8 games into the next season and so far i have not won a single game !

Last season i thought this look great and now i thinking a bit differently

my best run was with my own players, the transfer windo opened and i bought specific players with specific atributes ( as stated ) only bought 4 so did not completely change the team, and so far i'm 19th in prem played 8 won 0 drawn 3 lost 5 scored 4 conceeded 12.

i'm using 10.3 v2 Wizard any sugestions before i change a diferent tactic all together ?

Thanks

just try a different version mate, Have a look at the Classic version.

here man

http://www.filefront.com/15954535/10.3-Mr.H-_Zico10_gcs-beta-wizard-WINGERELLI-At.-Madrid-Aug-2009.tac/

Is it normal for the opposing side to have loads of chances ?? is there a way of stopping this ? like a newer verion ?

cheers

if your playing as a weaker side against a top side then the likelyhood is that they will create alot of chances, But because the defence is set the way it is they should be having long shots away from goal.

These tactics aren't miracle tactics and you won't win ever game.

Just some feedback from GCS bet wizard tactic.

I'm in 2015 and started as Wales manager with the idea of working my way through various clubs to get to the top level. Using GCS tactic from the start (almost completely as a plug and play with hardly any tweaks) I finally got a job offer from Exeter (promoted) to Bradford (promoted) to Swindon (promoted to Premier League from 1st Div in two consectuvie seasons) to Spurs (won treble with them in first year, League, FA, and Prem). I also took Wales to the Semi Finals of the World Cup (but that was with the corner cheat involved - don't shoot me down, I needed it to help Wales!)

A few pointers that I found along the way for GCS tactic which I hope can be of use to someone.

Fullbacks - it works great with attacking fullbacks, they get forward well and put loads of good balls into the box. Gareth Bale has worked wonders here for Wales over the years and for Spurs this season. For every team I have always selected my more attacking full backs and this had led to lots of success. Fitness is still a massive issue as they get up and down so much - I recommend having some good back up players on the bench, when i make good use of subs (particularly the fullbacks and def mid) I seem to do much better at not conceding late in games.

Def Mid - More defensive players seem to work better for me then attacking playmakers. Huddelstone has been brilliant there for me this year, but when he's been injured I've found a CB who can play there (Kaboul) has been a lot better than a more creative defensive midfielder.

Strikers - Defoe has been excellent in the right hand poacher spot, although he's 32 now so looking for a replacement. The central role I selected the attributes Mr Hough recommends in his opening post and just searched for strikers that way - Le Tallec is coming in for next season and looks quality in that position, but this year I had John Fleck in on loan (29 apps, 11 goals, 20 assists, 7.32) and he played really well there as the mroe creative striker. Robbie Keane was an ok backup but too old by the time I took over Spurs. I'm not sure about the left hand striker yet - I picked up Jo on a free and after 20 goals, At Madr. have offered 10.75m so am selling him on to get a real top class player if I can.

Any recommendations for who has worked well for a top team? I should have about 30-40million to spend at the start of next season I reckon.

Anyway the usual thanks to Mr Hough and GCS for the development and sharing of these tactics as well

What database is this? Can i download it from somewhere and is it worth it in you opinion?

the legends database is proberly one of the best creations for FM10 it's simply unbelievable, I'm gonna upload a few screenshots because it needs more credit.

Real Madrid.

th_RealMadrid.jpg

Arsenal.

th_Arsenal.jpg

Liverpool.

th_Liverpool.jpg

A.C Milan.

th_ACMilan.jpg

Thing is this is just some of the teams, There is litrally thousands of legends in this database.

i'm gonna link the database here is where you need to put it. DOn't forget aswell that this is a save game file so follow the instructions of where it goes below

Path: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\games

It works with Patch 10.3 aswell.

this is the File. http://rapidshare.com/files/373520916/LegendsDatabaseBig.rar

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=201021

This is the Thread if you need to ask Questions, Theres also a Legend face-pack you can download aswell from the thread

I know someone on another forum who has edited these tactics and your defence is much stronger and concedes barely any goals. All they've done is tweak these tactics and they work a treat.

I'm testing JP's tactic at the moment.

Out of the tactics posted in this thread so far Classic > GCS > Beta Wizard > Wizard v2 > Beta Winger (in my experience anyways, I have done at least half a season with each one and the Classic tactic is by the far the most consistent.)

I was just wanting to check with the attributes in the OP. Say for a Championship club, do you need to have all attributes at say 12 for a goalkeeper - handling, one on ones, reflex, aerial ability, command of area, positioning and agility. Can all attributes be lower (e.g. 10) or for example, can maybe aerial ability and positioning be 9 and have everything else at 12. Sorry just a bit confused as having all attributes at 12 in championship brings up a very small shortlist of goalkeepers.