Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

the legends database is proberly one of the best creations for FM10 it's simply unbelievable, I'm gonna upload a few screenshots because it needs more credit.

Real Madrid.

th_RealMadrid.jpg

Arsenal.

th_Arsenal.jpg

Liverpool.

th_Liverpool.jpg

A.C Milan.

th_ACMilan.jpg

Thing is this is just some of the teams, There is litrally thousands of legends in this database.

i'm gonna link the database here is where you need to put it. DOn't forget aswell that this is a save game file so follow the instructions of where it goes below

Path: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\games

It works with Patch 10.3 aswell.

this is the File. http://rapidshare.com/files/373520916/LegendsDatabaseBig.rar

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=201021

This is the Thread if you need to ask Questions, Theres also a Legend face-pack you can download aswell from the thread

it doesnt work with patch 10.3 according to op

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just downloaded the legends database....i'm still trying to scrape my mouth off the floor it's simply gob smacking!!!

Mr Hough...How's the better defence winger tactic coming along?

I've had good success with the original beta version but against the top four sides it's seems to struggle?

I love this tactic, but im really struggling to understand how the central striker plays, the deep lying forweard with maximum creativity.

What players have people played here and got success?

The deep lying forward should be a quick player with good flair, creativity, finishing, and dribbling ability.

In my own game I'm playing either Pato or Hulk in that position. Just about to finish my second season. Pato has 53 goals in 52 appearances, plus 18 assists. Hulk has 27 goals in 21 appearances.

Here's a little update on how my second season went:

I used the classic tactic throughout the whole season without ever switching to the gcs' version. I've realized that by being a big team the benefits of the classic tactic outweigh gcs' defensive stability. In the second season I again won the Serie A, Champions League (beat Barca 3-0 in the final), World Club Cup, European Super Cup, and Italian Super Cup. However, I did lose in the final of the Italian Cup to Inter. We just didn't get out of first gear in that match, perhaps because it's not considered an important trophy.

Here's a pic of my team at the end of the season. As you can see Pato has really outdid himself this season. He was pretty much on fire the entire season with minor drops in form every now and then. When that did happen, Hulk was more than ready to step in for him.

milanseason201011.png

PS - Pato was always used as the center striker, in case anyone is wondering.

I also discovered that perhaps buying Dzeko was not that great of a move on my part. He doesn't really suit the tactic all that well, even though he did score a good number of goals. He misses a great number of opportunities due to not having enough mental capacity to handle the high level of creative freedom. He is also not that quick. My recommendation for anyone who will use this tactic is to have quick players in all three striker positions, with good flair, creativity, and decision making.

it doesnt work with patch 10.3 according to op

The way it works is that if you download the database it will only work with 10.2 patch.

The save game that i have linked will work with 10.3 you need to put it in the right dir, Then load it as a save game like normal

Great Tactics Mr Hough. The JP Woody version is my favorite for a few reasons.

1. It uses a Target Man.

2. I can now use different strategy's

3. Less Injuries and players dont get tired as quick.

4. More solid at the back.

Here is a link if anyone wants to try: http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/25092035/file.html

Here is the original upload with info and screenshots about the tactic: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2310

Once again great work Mr Hough.

The reason why JP's version is more solid is because it's Philosphy is balanced instead of very fluid.

With it being balanced it throws less people forward and keeps them in there positions better.

Very fluid gets basicly everyone apart from the central defenders into an attacking position.

Yes i understand that. I hope you dont think i was having a go btw. Yours is the original tactic and is fantastic (got my Darlington team into europe)

Love your work mate.

no not at all mate, In was just explaining one of the reasons behind the solidness of JP's Version.

just want to ask a stupid question...

I am using the GCS version and it's been great so far, won 4 leagues, 2 CL's, 3 League Cup, etc...

The GCS version is based on the wizard tactic.

Since everyone seems to prefer the classic version as the best one, i want to try it out, however if you convert to classic tactics, then you cannot convert back the the wizard?

Is this right? And if yes, is there any way of going back to the wizard?

Thanks

I am using the GCS version and it's been great so far, won 4 leagues, 2 CL's, 3 League Cup, etc...

Since everyone seems to prefer the classic version as the best one, i want to try it out, however if you convert to classic tactics, then you cannot convert back the the wizard?

Thanks

theres a classic version on the op i also find the gcs version the best just

won all the trophys in spain league bva, spainish cup, champions league. world club cup european super cup and spanish super cup

champions league, serie a

and goin for broke premiership in my current save already a gud bit ahead in september

Thanks

I'm not sure why you can't, Maybe that would be good for SI to put in FM11 because i know alot of people use the classic because thats what there use too but having the option to change from classic to wizard would be good because they can have alook at the settings in the wizard version that might transfer them to the wizard when they get to know the settings properly.

This would be good if they included this in FM11

Mr Hough, with the launch of the tactic with tips, we need to know the attributes needed for the tips in the case AML and AMR, awaiting the answer. thanks

if you click on the tactics screen then select the AMR AML position it will highlight the attributtes needed

theres a classic version on the op i also find the gcs version the best just

won all the trophys in spain league bva, spainish cup, champions league. world club cup european super cup and spanish super cup

champions league, serie a

and goin for broke premiership in my current save already a gud bit ahead in september

Yeah with the corner cheat

if you click on the tactics screen then select the AMR AML position it will highlight the attributtes needed

I refer to the attributes of tactics wingers for AML and AMR, as in the 1 page you place the necessary attributes for each position, but do not have these two that I quoted the above

No offense to anybody, but what is the point of using a tactic that somehow exploits the ME? I skimmed through this thread and saw that this is some kind of miracle tactic, allowing anybody to have great success. This means that if I take this tactic and use it for my team chances are I will win every domestic competition without any struggle, and I'm supposed to be happy then??

ME in FM2010 is very good, but if you dig deep you will find one way or another to exploit some flaws in the engine. FYI, by exploit I don't mean an exploit like the famous corner exploit. I'm talking about finding a formation and specific instructions for every one of your players that AI cannot come up with, and one that will give you a clear advantage over all the AI controlled teams. At that point the game is not fair any more.

So I'd never use a supertactic in my game. I just don't see any point in playing this way, knowing that my Barcelona team will destroy any AI team. But that's just me. I was just surprised to see so many people playing FM just want to win, and that's it. Anyway, enjoy your super winning tactic gentlemen :)

No offense to anybody, but what is the point of using a tactic that somehow exploits the ME? I skimmed through this thread and saw that this is some kind of miracle tactic, allowing anybody to have great success. This means that if I take this tactic and use it for my team chances are I will win every domestic competition without any struggle, and I'm supposed to be happy then??

ME in FM2010 is very good, but if you dig deep you will find one way or another to exploit some flaws in the engine. FYI, by exploit I don't mean an exploit like the famous corner exploit. I'm talking about finding a formation and specific instructions for every one of your players that AI cannot come up with, and one that will give you a clear advantage over all the AI controlled teams. At that point the game is not fair any more.

So I'd never use a supertactic in my game. I just don't see any point in playing this way, knowing that my Barcelona team will destroy any AI team. But that's just me. I was just surprised to see so many people playing FM just want to win, and that's it. Anyway, enjoy your super winning tactic gentlemen :)

Nice opening sentence. I'm sure you mean no offense (to Mr. Hough), even though you accuse the tactic of being essentially a cheat/exploit. I'm wondering how you came to the conclusion that this tactic "somehow exploits the ME"? That's a pretty ambiguous claim.

It doesn't allow for automatic great success. As with any tactic, there are people who are struggling with it, just as others who are having success. The tactic doesn't employ exploits of any kind. It wont win you titles or even many games if you don't use it properly, just as any other tactic. You also need the right players to make it work, not necessarily superstars, just right players. Also, just as any other tactic.

If you don't like it, then don't use it. It's as simple as that.

To backup what DirtyACE is pointing out

It's a very good tactic for many people, but to be honest I've struggled with it a little, I'm certainly not thrashing teams.

I'm currently playing 5 teams at once, Liverpool, Leeds, Stevenage, Newcastle Jets and Ayr Utd.

With Liverpool, I played 5 and lost 2 of those, in pre-season my biggest win was 5-0

Leeds are doing well with played 7, won 5, drew 1 and lost 1, but no big wins 3-0 at home to Stockport the best.

Stevenage are 3rd, played 9, won 6 and drew 3, but biggest score has been 2-0. Defence seems to be strong

Ayr are getting stuffed, at the bottom, played 6, won 1, drew 1 and lost 4. Conceded 19 and scored 10

Newcastle Jets are similiar to Stevenage.

What I'm trying to say is that for me I've had mixed results and frustrating times, especially Ayr, you still need to work at getting results and exploiting your opponents weaknesses :-) I'm sure that's what happens in the 'real' world :-)

I'll stick with it though, and I'm pleased I have to work at the results etc.

I have found that when the team does play badly, many players can have a 5 rating...maybe they don't like the tactic :-(

Mr Hough, that guy giving you stick a while back.....Ayr would have been a good challenge :-)

Thank you for your efforts and I'm going to keep plugging away.

Cheers,

Boony

btw, I don't use the corner cheat version.

Nice opening sentence. I'm sure you mean no offense (to Mr. Hough), even though you accuse the tactic of being essentially a cheat/exploit. I'm wondering how you came to the conclusion that this tactic "somehow exploits the ME"? That's a pretty ambiguous claim.

It doesn't allow for automatic great success. As with any tactic, there are people who are struggling with it, just as others who are having success. The tactic doesn't employ exploits of any kind. It wont win you titles or even many games if you don't use it properly, just as any other tactic. You also need the right players to make it work, not necessarily superstars, just right players. Also, just as any other tactic.

If you don't like it, then don't use it. It's as simple as that.

I knew some people would have a hard time to understand what I was trying to mean. Let me try to clarify:

I'm not accusing anybody (including Mr Hough) of cheating. Hell, I wouldn't care if I thought you were willingly, intentionally cheating. What is happening in ME with this tactic is that the AI teams are not able to cope with it because AI is only capable of using some generic formations and player instructions that you can create only by using the TC. Unlike the AI, we have an unlimited freedom of tweaking those sliders for each player, as much as we want until we're happy. And it is nearly impossible for PaulC to check how the ME functions with each one of the millions of combinations of those sliders. Hence, it is only a matter of time and trial&error to find a combination that will give us human managers some unfair advantage over the AI.

How I came to the conclusion that this tactic is providing unfair advantage, I already explained: simply by skimming through the entire thread and see so many people giving their thanks and appreciations to Mr Hough. As far as I see a big majority of people are getting unrealistic success using this tactic.

You don't have to tell me that I should not use it if I don't like it, because first I've never used it, heck I don't even know what it looks like, second I'm not trying to convince here anybody not to use it. I was only stating the fact that I was surprised to see people being able to enjoy a game where victory is ALMOST (looking at the majority) guaranteed.

Again, I apologize if I offended some poeple like you who have misunderstood my post.

I knew some people would have a hard time to understand what I was trying to mean. Let me try to clarify:

I'm not accusing anybody (including Mr Hough) of cheating. Hell, I wouldn't care if I thought you were willingly, intentionally cheating. What is happening in ME with this tactic is that the AI teams are not able to cope with it because AI is only capable of using some generic formations and player instructions that you can create only by using the TC. Unlike the AI, we have an unlimited freedom of tweaking those sliders for each player, as much as we want until we're happy. And it is nearly impossible for PaulC to check how the ME functions with each one of the millions of combinations of those sliders. Hence, it is only a matter of time and trial&error to find a combination that will give us human managers some unfair advantage over the AI.

Perhaps you should have gone into more detail if you knew there would be misunderstandings.

Anyway, what you are telling us here is that the tactic is an exploit because it doesn't conform to the tactics creator rules, which the AI does indeed use. Frankly, that is pretty much nonsense. You speak about generic formations. Go into the tactic creator and look for yourself. The formation the tactics on in this thread use are the exact same ones you can create in TC. It's a simple, basic, 4-3-3 layout. Nothing more. No strange 2-3-2-3 contraptions.

Now I'll concede that we as players are indeed given a greater freedom to adjust sliders and whatnot but so what. SI gave us these tools to use, so we use them. There's nothing magical going on when you use sliders instead of just the tactics creator. The instructions that can be created via TC can also be re-created by manually tweaking the sliders. Many players on these forums still prefer to use sliders and adjust them manually, and many post their tactics here as well. Are you going to claim that those tactics are exploiting the AI too because they don't adhere to the tactics creator?

How I came to the conclusion that this tactic is providing unfair advantage, I already explained: simply by skimming through the entire thread and see so many people giving their thanks and appreciations to Mr Hough. As far as I see a big majority of people are getting unrealistic success using this tactic.

What's wrong with people thanking the original creator of the tactic? If it's helping them enjoy their game, then good. You make it sound as if it's a bad thing. And speaking about unrealistic success. The same results can be achieved with the TC just the same. For example, one can take Charlton Athletic back to EPL in just two seasons using TC as easily as using Mr. Hough's tactics. How realistic is that, well, not overly, but then FM is not real life.

You don't have to tell me that I should not use it if I don't like it, because first I've never used it, heck I don't even know what it looks like, second I'm not trying to convince here anybody not to use it. I was only stating the fact that I was surprised to see people being able to enjoy a game where victory is ALMOST (looking at the majority) guaranteed.

Again, I apologize if I offended some poeple like you who have misunderstood my post.

You're right, no one has to tell you not to use it, but you had the need to come here and lecture about some sort of FM morals to players who are simply playing the game in a way that they enjoy. Does the use of these tactics by other players vicariously effect your own game experience in a negative way?

To top it off, you confess to not only never trying these tactics, but not even knowing what they look like, yet you think that you have the facts to make your argument.

I refer to the attributes of tactics wingers for AML and AMR, as in the 1 page you place the necessary attributes for each position, but do not have these two that I quoted the above

because i haven't finished the winger version yest the attributtes needed might change, If you click on the way i have said you will have a good idea of what to look for.

To backup what DirtyACE is pointing out

It's a very good tactic for many people, but to be honest I've struggled with it a little, I'm certainly not thrashing teams.

I'm currently playing 5 teams at once, Liverpool, Leeds, Stevenage, Newcastle Jets and Ayr Utd.

With Liverpool, I played 5 and lost 2 of those, in pre-season my biggest win was 5-0

Leeds are doing well with played 7, won 5, drew 1 and lost 1, but no big wins 3-0 at home to Stockport the best.

Stevenage are 3rd, played 9, won 6 and drew 3, but biggest score has been 2-0. Defence seems to be strong

Ayr are getting stuffed, at the bottom, played 6, won 1, drew 1 and lost 4. Conceded 19 and scored 10

Newcastle Jets are similiar to Stevenage.

What I'm trying to say is that for me I've had mixed results and frustrating times, especially Ayr, you still need to work at getting results and exploiting your opponents weaknesses :-) I'm sure that's what happens in the 'real' world :-)

I'll stick with it though, and I'm pleased I have to work at the results etc.

I have found that when the team does play badly, many players can have a 5 rating...maybe they don't like the tactic :-(

Mr Hough, that guy giving you stick a while back.....Ayr would have been a good challenge :-)

Thank you for your efforts and I'm going to keep plugging away.

Cheers,

Boony

btw, I don't use the corner cheat version.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate detailed posts like this as it helps me understand what works and what dosn't work.

Thanks for the comments, I can assure you that i've never set out to expolit the ME i know your not saying that i am but i thought i'd just make that clear.

I'm gonna run through exactly how i make my tactics so you can understand abit better.

When i initially make the tactic through the creater i set the instructions as i want my team to play.

Like everybody i love having alot of players attacking but it's not logical to do this so i tend to use the front 5 players depending on the formnation as attacking players and the back 6 on defending that way the balance of the team is alot even.

Then what i do then is watch my team play, watch the opp play and see what i can change to not only improve my teams performance but stop the opp from coming close to me and getting shots/through in goal.

This is the hardest part of tactic making because if the settings aren't right n the TC you have to change them manualy, now say i'm playing with a back 4 and a anchor man i'll use the 2 central defenders and the achor man as basicly a 3 man defence with the 2 center backs as cover and the anchor man as stopper in my team.

How i set them up is i have the mentality of the 2 center backs the same and also the closing down and marking, The passing and creative freedom can differ depending how you want your team to play.

The anchor man will be set up this way, I have been thinking about this alot because i would normally put his mentality 3-4 notches higher than the CD's also the closing down higher aswell and the marking tends to be on man marking and so on. What i've been thinking was that because the Anchor man is higher up the pitch anyway maybe he don't need to be on higher mentality or closing down because his position on the pitch will be enough and if he is even more higher up it might leave gaps just above the defence for the opp to get into........ To know for sure would be to play a match and see how it affects the play.

Thats just a little insight into how i work when making tactics i think about the possiblities of the opp because i think if i can stop them scoring then i have 1 point if i can nick a goal i have 3 points.

Making these tactics has been a very long drawn out process and the people who i talk to regularly on msn know how frustrated i can get when things aren't going my way, But the respect and gratitude i have had off so many people has been one of the main reasons why i keep trying to make better tactics with different formations because i know people like to play tactics with wingers so i have had a go at making a winger tactic which has been the most frustrating yet, I have seen some light at the end of the tunnel though.

I hope this explantion helps not only you but others aswell who have also thought that i have some way expoited the ME

Figured out a nice freekick setup that has got me 9 IFKs in 11 games:

GK: Default

FBs: both Back

CBs: 1 FWD / 1 Keeper

DM: Disrupt

MCs: both Needed

Strikers: 2 Needed / 1 Taker

Aim: Left: Cross Far / Right: Cross Far or Best Header

Take note that the Taker doesn't have to be a striker obviously so make sure your best free kick taker has this role and just swap settings around so that you basically have that same setup.

I have had success with this but I want to see if it isn't just a lucky run; so anyone who wants to can give it a try and let me know their results :D

PS: Classic Tactic with Man City was used with this setup. Also if this has been posted before: my apologies.

I hope this explantion helps not only you but others aswell who have also thought that i have some way expoited the ME

Keep it up Mr Hough.... be as you are... :thup:

Now still want to wait for you to take a look back on 4-1-2-1-2 formation (i know u have said after the winger formation right? )

cheers... ;)

Keep it up Mr Hough.... be as you are... :thup:

Now still want to wait for you to take a look back on 4-1-2-1-2 formation (i know u have said after the winger formation right? )

cheers... ;)

thanks i'll be making the 4-1-2-1-2 after i've done the winger version.

Any really successful tactic is successful because it is outwitting the AI, if it didn't it wouldn't be a successful tactic.

The tactic is not a cheat tactic but i do think the ME struggles against teams who play with 3 strikers. This was confirmed to me in my last save when i noticed Genoa who you might know play a 343 formation finished 2nd in the first season then in the second season they won the Italian League and Champions League with a very average team.

Figured out a nice freekick setup that has got me 9 IFKs in 11 games:

GK: Default

FBs: both Back

CBs: 1 FWD / 1 Keeper

DM: Disrupt

MCs: both Needed

Strikers: 2 Needed / 1 Taker

Aim: Left: Cross Far / Right: Cross Far or Best Header

Take note that the Taker doesn't have to be a striker obviously so make sure your best free kick taker has this role and just swap settings around so that you basically have that same setup.

I have had success with this but I want to see if it isn't just a lucky run; so anyone who wants to can give it a try and let me know their results :D

PS: Classic Tactic with Man City was used with this setup. Also if this has been posted before: my apologies.

What is it that you do with your mc's and strikers?

Thanks for all the explanation mate. I'm glad you worked on your tactic and now you are getting the results and you are enjoying the game. I know there are a lot of aggressive people on these forums, so that's why I tried to explain in advance that my post is not accusing anybody of cheating or anything, but I guess you can never convince some people :rolleyes:

All I was trying to say was:

1- Like SI explained a few times before, their goal is to have an ME that can deal with all the possible formations equally good, but it is impossible, and all they can do is to try the ME with as many generic tactics as they can, to achieve balance. But once the game is out and people start tweaking their tactics, it is only a matter of time that they will discover some combinations of some instructions and player attributes that will give them an advantage over AI. The balance in ME cannot stay at 50% for every possible combination you can set in tactics. For some it will be less than 50%, for some other more than 50%. And that's understanable, it's a game, not real life, and AI is not advanced enough to analize your tactic and to start tweaking their tactic by playing with the sliders to overcome the tactic we are using against it.

Now at this point you know that using your tactic, all you have to do is to get players with correct/necessary attributes into your line-up, and you know you will win trophies. Like in every other game, in FM it is possible to beat the AI, and once it is beaten, it is beaten. And with your tactic you have achieved that. It is not cheating at all, it is just like finishing GTA game. You mastered FM :thup:

2- This is the part that made the aggressive guy to accuse me of lecturing people. Actually all I was trying to say was that it sometimes surprises me to see how different everybody is. It is not like "I'm good, you're bad", it is just everbody is different. And I'm trying to explain my point of view. Here is how I see it: This guy, Mr Hough, has spent so much time on FM tactics, and at the end he found a combination that works really well, so he has beaten the game. And I've been playing the game for 2 seasons with no success. Now if I copy his tactics my team will start winning, right? Fine. But then where is the fun in that? It's like playing an adventure type of game by looking at a guide that tells you what to do on each screen.

For me, it is no fun. For many others it can still be fun (and looking at this thread, I see that it really is).

So, accept my apologies again if I offended you by saying that it surprised me to see so many people enjoying the game by using a tactic that is proven to beat the AI. I will write no more about this. Sorry for bothering.

The tactic is not a cheat tactic but i do think the ME struggles against teams who play with 3 strikers. This was confirmed to me in my last save when i noticed Genoa who you might know play a 343 formation finished 2nd in the first season then in the second season they won the Italian League and Champions League with a very average team.

This :thup:

Hi everybody.

Playing Real Madrid with the classic tactic and lovin it!

but need some help with a few things...

1) how do you change your tactic when you get a red card?

2) how do you change your tactic if the match is 0-0 and you have to chase the goal?

3) and is it possible to make your strikers swap places? never done it with three players before...

Thanks

What is it that you do with your mc's and strikers?

he say's put 2 needed the other 1 taker 4 strikers. your mc's needed but but say your best fk taker is a full back put him as taker n the striker needed so you have 3 needed