Your team for Football Manager 2010?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might go with a midtable German team. Don't think I've managed any teams yet. I am very familiar with England, Spain and Italy, so a different country might be good. I was also thinking of going the "develop own youth" route and spend nothing on transfers. For that, I'll choose a club with an Academy and good/excellent youth training.

Other opportunities:

Rebuild AC Milan with talent for the present and potential for the future.

Manage a South American club for the first time

Go East...East Europe and try to gain European fame.

Northern European team(Swedish, Norwegian) - again, never managed one of these so it might be interesting.

I will probably start out with Paris FC and try to get them into Ligue 2, using only French players. With Chelsea as my favorite team, that will be my ultimate goal to accomplish. In all the years of playing FM, I've never actually been hired by Chelsea, even with it as my favorite. Even, after I took Juventus to back to back Champions League Finals, wining one, winning Serie A three times, making the World Cup Final with Netherlands, I still wasn't good enough for Chelsea. Hopefully, Abromovich will look my way in FM10.

My plan is to design an American league to replace the MLS with a Premiership-type styling with relegation, promotion, domestic cups, etc., with no history, and no silly rules, draft, etc like the MLS has. If I can't get that to work, then I will likely take Lincoln City in L2 and push them up to the Premiership like I did in FM09. Couldn't beat out Arsenal for the title, tho. Best I could do was 2nd.:(

I always play as man utd first up, since it requires minimal effort to be succesful, it allows me to explore the game properly and get familiar with all the little things, withot affecting the team too much

Same here mate.

Though i like to play as the smaller teams later on in the game for a challenge.

I always go my team Rangers 1st then Man Utd (my 2nd team).

Rangers aint to good to do in the demo but in the real game when some1 buys the club it will be better and Man Utd will be good because you get decent money in FM10.

Might then do a Real Madrid thing to see what the new Galacticos are like.

Cant wait till friday when the game comes out!!!!

I have decided that i will do 3 game saves they are Braintree, Newcastle and Liverpool.

I will spend most time on Braintree then Normal time on Newcastle then little time on Liverpool.They are all my favourite teams in real life . Liverpool is the team i support then Newcastle my 2nd supporting team then Braintree my 3rd supporting team.

ooo i never would of guess that you would be arsenal what a surpise ARSENAL_2111

ill be unemployed !! or braintree

Personally I didn't find it all that much of a surprise.

Sunderland of course for me, then Darlington or Middlesbrough no doubt before I'll start with someone in a lower league than the Blue square ones.

As a resident of St. Albans who has watched them Yoyo between obscurity and even more obscurity, i am really surprised that people even know it exists.

Career save Rushden and diamonds.

Pride of Rushdenshire

on my edited league (herts-beds-northants-cambs-bucks super league)

Start as Wheathampstead wanderers or Wootton blue cross and climb to the dizzy heights of beating Watford and Peterborough.

once ive added tiers 7 & 8 to England i think i may start with 1 of my local teams from the unibond div 1 north such as afc fylde, bamber bridge, chorley or lancaster, or maybe Preston once ive been on the database editor to cancel Sean St Ledger's loan + future transfer to Middlesborough.

Derry or Celtic. :)

I usually go Celtic, or I start in the Championship with a reasonably good side. The challenge of winning the Championship and the SPL are sort of similar ........ but I like the idea of going Derry. There's just something about the new match engine that makes me want to tackle the "career game" properly this time around.

I can see me managing a tiny club and enjoying the buzz as attendances rise and the crowds at the games get bigger, and the excitement of a full-house in a cup match against a bigger side, and taking my tiny team to play away at Celtic Park or Ibrox, or Old Trafford .... or, in Derry's case, a European tie somewhere exotic!

Am I the only one who feels the new match engine has brought the game to life in a whole new way ? Don't get me wrong, I love all the versions of this game, but there's something great about watching your team kick off in front of a packed tiny stadium for a friendly match against a giant and then coming down to Earth with a league game in front of 400 fans. It's just ......... different class.

Archived