*OFFICIAL* FMS Introductions Thread

sherm

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm starting a story I better do one of these

Username - <----

Real Name - Saxon (Sax will do for you people) :)

Age - 14

About Me: Well I'm most probably the youngest writer on FMS at the moment still at high school as well :p. Living in Australia at the moment but purely English through and through. My dream is become a journalist in some way or another but my dream would be to report for Norwich City, my most favourite club in the world. Unlike most people on here I don't glory hunt and have and will be Norwich till I die. I have also written a couple of articles on www.just-football.com due to the editor who is one these forums. Thank you and good night.

You know, i've been around these forums for ages, and never done this. Almost seems rude.

User: The RingMaster

Name: Alan

About me: Anyone reading my story is about to realise it is kind of autobiographical [except from the climate, beautiful women, sex, exciting cities and quality football :(]:

I am lucky enough to write for a living - if my work is passable for writing. I am a journalist [my payslip says 'media officer'] with a SPL football club [Not in Glasgow or Edinburgh, and at a club so hamstrung by debt that I'm convinced the only reason I have not been laid off is because I get paid so little]. Am also a fairly successful sports podcaster, 86,000 subscribers - according to Podbean - can't be wrong ;)

I support Rangers and the reason I work for so little at my football club when I could get a better paid job, with less travelling, at an Edinburgh based newspaper or radio station is because I see this job as a stepping stone to eventually working with Rangers [when Lloyds Banking Group allow us to employ people again :D].

You may know me from the Birmingham story I've just started (and for getting in Turk's bad books in record time for posting a poll...)

User: gking92

About Me: Born in Solihull in 1992. I live on the southern outskirts of Birmingham and I'm currently at sixth form. I am a big football fan, though I have to admit that my favourite sport is cricket. I play local club cricket, a second teamer on the fringes of the first. As far as my football skills go, I'll stick to playing with my equally as bad mates I think - I can't see that big call up to the Birmingham team coming any time soon. I quite into indie/alternative music

I first went to see Birmingham for the first time in a friendly in 2004 against the Spanish side Osasuna and now go to between 5 and 10 home games per season. I've been playing management games for a few years, but FM 2010 is my first full PC edition of Football Manager.

Name: Michael

About Me: Hailing from Bedfordshire and studying American and English Literature at the University of East Anglia, this young scallywag has been toying with creative writing for years, often filling draft books with "notes", "plans" and "ideas" without the courage or conviction to put them to paper and finish them. [read: scared of failure]. A fan of Arsenal since 1996, he's witnessed some great games at Highbury and the newly established Emirates Stadium, including Ian Wright's record-breaking 189th goal against Bolton Wanderers and Tony Adams' rocket against Everton in the double year of 1998 (Adams... put through by Bould, would you BELIEVE IT!) Fantastic. He's a fan of ghost stories, particularly from the 19th century and readers may notice this influence in his short stories.

Not sure if that sounds horribly arrogant... but still. This forum is the stuff of dreams :) So glad I discovered it! Happy writing and reading everyone!

So long (well, around a year!) since I used to post in this forum regularly until recently again I couldn't remember if I had posted in this thread, but judging by its start date and me not recognising any of its content I assume I haven't yet!!

Username : I refuse to answer silly questions!

About Me : I work as a Research scientist and Software Engineer (and believe it or not, that is a shortened version of my actual job title!) for a company in the oil and gas industry and spend far too much of the rest of my time either following real football or playing FM. First joined this forum back when I was at university in Nottingham where I spent 7 years doing first a Maths/Computer Science degree, then a Computer Science PhD. I have a strong creative streak, but in general that is confined to algorithmic design in computing. My attempts at story writing frequently fall flat through a lack of literary creativity or follow my usual tried and tested format without deviation!

Began my first story after being inspired by by far the best of the FMS challenges - The Lisbon Lions. Alas I never quite completed the challenge because my manager followed the unusual career path of combining Ross County with managing the Faroe Islands, a post which I resolutely refused to give up so that I never took control of Scotland (with my story manager) to complete that part of the challenge. Still great fun writing that story and spending ~14 seasons at Ross County though. Since then I have mostly just written the odd short story and a plethora of unfinished and abandoned wrecks of stories.

I thought i'd pop my info here, even though i've not written anything since about 2005, and have been off grid for a while!

Username : Erm....

About Me : I'm from Birmingham originally but escaped as soon as humanly possible as it wasn't much fun (although I like it much more as an adult) I went to uni in Wales and Vermont (complicated) and moved to Windsor right about the time I got married and subsequently found less time to write stories... funny that. In 2009 we had our first child and moved to Adelaide, Australia for a bit. Loving it out here. We're both travelling types so who knows where we will continue to end up. As for occupation I'm an English Teacher, which is an ace job and it's ultimately transferable all over the globe and comes with holidays to boot. I may start writing stories again at some point, but life does get in the way, however the lifestyle here in Adelaide is so laid back i seem to be finding more free time than I ever had!

My last story was about 5 years ago. If I recall I wrote 3 (although I don't know how to find them) and I got nominated for some awards which I was chuffed about. One was about Michael Dawson and an indeterminable string of injuries he had which ruled him out for about 4 years, on and off. One had not a great deal of football in it, but was about some team playing a friendly somewhere and getting caught up in a murder mystery with some Belgians in a grand hotel. The other was about a 'good ole boy' )modelled on the Simpsons character from Texas who likes shooting his gun) who managed unsuccessfully in the MLS. I generally kept them quite short 4 pages max and always finished the story. It must be the teacher thing... beginning, middle and end, like I tell my students at coursework time! As I said I know not of their whereabouts but hey well... I'm sure i saved them somewhere. They were a bit odd to say the least. My stories had football as a backdrop and strange stuff at the fore that fell out of my brain. I've got a few ideas circulating so you may see another soon.

I've been on the forum for 10 years or thereabouts I think... but only 550 odd posts to show for it! Must be some kind of record.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been on here for a few months now, but thought I better introduce myself properly.

Username : Superspursmacky

About Me : Well, the first thing you should know about me is that I arkwardly support two football teams. I'm from Enfield, North London originally and my Dad supports Spurs, so they are my home team. However since we relocated to the North in 2000 I have also followed Burnley and I have now had a season ticket there for 7 seasons. I have been playing management games since Champ Manager 4 and I totally love the FM series. Best achievements was probably a Spurs career on 07 in which I basically won everything. I'm currently doing my A-Levels and I am a keen rugby player and singer. I decided to write on here this year because I started reading a lot of the stories and I was amazed by the quality. I have written one short story, Returning From the Brink and I am currently writing two others, A First Attempt - Wanted by Moneybags and a sequel to Returning From the Brink, Leading the Lions.

Though I should post here especially since I just started a story and wouldn't mind getting to know the rest of the writers here!

User Name: stixloo

About me: Born in China at the city of Xi'an (of the Terracotta Warriors fame), and moved to Toronto, Canada when I was 9. Currently a university student studying Systems Design Engineering which often doesn't lend time to do other things. I've been a football fanatic since I was a kid. I remember badgering my parents to take me to a football game on my tenth birthday to watch a game between Iran and Canada at the old Varsity Stadium in Downtown Toronto. Sad to say Canada lost 1-0 and I remember feeling odd that the away fans vastly outnumbered the Home fans.

I remember getting FM06 from a friend who also lent me his copy of Fifa06. Needless to say I was hooked onto FM from that moment on. There just doesnt seem like another game with such realism, especially in the transfer market. So I've been playing FM ever since.

I used to play as a goalkeeper throughout highschool, and I have always thought myself as a good shot stopper whose a bit weak in the air. However after a couple of concussions in my last year in highschool, I finally decided that maybe this wasnt the best choice for me. So instead I've been playing as a full back in a couple of men's recreation leagues whenever the Canadian weather lets me.

I have always loved writing, which might seem odd given I am an engineering student and I'm well aware of the stereotypes associated with us (;)). So I'm using FMS as an outlet to get my more artistic side out and rest my other side of the brain.

Never know if my tale might get put up, but hey I'm a big fan of a few of you so...

Username: dechardonay

Real Name: I once saw a birth notice congratulating the arrival of baby Spatula. That's a real name. Just not mine. :)

About me: Born in Melbourne Australia (Can I just say in a moment of pride, bloody lovely to see so many Melbournites on here, and even a bloke from Adelaide we can laugh at ;) j/k...) played as a forward as a kid because I was big for my age, but useless and kept getting told to stop giggling all the time (how can I help loving the game so much?)

Family went bush to Gippsland area, east of Melbourne for a while when I was young, and then to western Victoria. In both of those places, no "soccer" to be had at all, so the spark died in me, except for Australia's quadrennial hopes for World Cup entry. I saw 'em all, on TV at least, because we were so far from anything and in a situation where we couldn't go see the matches (or much of anything, really...). 32 years of pain, with love, from Argentina, Iran, Uruguay, and then Uruguay again. By this time, I'd moved back to Melbourne for Uni and got more into the local music scene than "soccer", thinking it didn't matter a damn in my life. I officially resigned all interest in the game whatsoever on hearing in 2005 that the Socceroos went down 1-0 in Montevideo. The next week, a Wednesday night, I went to practice with my rock band.

My wife rang me up frantically at the end, screaming at me excitedly to come home. I threw my 50kg bass rig into the car and sped home. I arrived just in time to see the penalty shootout that booked Australia into the World Cup 2006. My wife and I screamed the house down in joy and bawling tears. A never to be repeated moment of magic that just sealed so much closure and finally, FINALLY had us looking forward in the world in this wonderful dance we call the Beautiful Game.

To be perfectly honest with you all, my reawakening in loving the game didn't just happen with that match - a few months prior we'd just obtained pay TV, which is pretty much the main source of coverage for the game here in Australia. Many late nights in early 2005 were spent trying to reacquaint myself with an old friend, but the late nights were hurting a lot - no sleep and all. Hanging out with a bunch of Croatian fellas at my work, one a former NSL player for the Melbourne Knights, beat the "soccer" out of me in favour of football, as well. I remain the only full skippy I know that refers to it as football.

I also got well into the local A-League about this time, and my now beloved Melbourne Victory. First match that I went to was to see Adelaide, the worthy enemies (well, at the time...), get torn apart at Olympic Park by a little bloke by the name of "Fred" to the tune of 2-0.

My wife came with me that match and always claimed she picked him as her favourite player first - before he made his name. i am very happy that she still follows our team, just as obsessively as I (she is out at the moment, and just sms'ed me a frantic "score?" query - it is 0-0 Gold Coast Utd v Melbourne, pretty much for the title, though we also have Sydney, the bitter enemy, coming up in 2 weeks, too...)

We have a little girl, 1 1/2 years old, whose favourite thing to do is yell out "FOOTBALL!!!!" at any sport that is on the TV. She loves seeing the Victory play, too. We all sit at either the South End, or on Level 3 above a corner flag between the South End and the West End.

I have an English team I follow, my poor, poor Portsmouth, who my Dad used to follow. I lost him a few years ago, and one of the many ways I try to honour him was to adopt his team. I was sick of my childhood team Manchester United winning everything, too (though I still say I support them in the Champions' League). I like picking a team or two that I like in many other countries, and usually for random reasons - Celtic (Scotland - I can't help but like them, I think it's the Viduka - McDonald influence); St Pauli (Germany - Der Piraten die Bundesliga! How could I not? I'm a rocker, a muso, and spent so much time in smelly pubs that this team and their fans are truly my style); Barcelona (Spain - Similar to Celtic, it's an I-Can't-Help-It love here. They play beautifully, just beautifully); Nagoya Grampus Eight (Japan - again, Josh Kennedy's arrival has influenced, but I also love Pixi Stoichkov, and Arsene Wenger, who I respect massively, cut his teeth here); FC Twente (Holland - they just seem to love giving everyone a go); South Melbourne (Victorian Premier League - they were the team I picked as a kid and I still remember watching Paul Wade, Paul Trimboli and Danny Tiatto in Hellas colours)... there are many other teams I love and/or respect as well, it tends to make me much more of a follower of the game than any one team.

I love telling stories, it's becoming my new hobby as my musical hobbies slowly become too much, too young etc. I guess you can tell from how I've written my "about me" bit I have editing problems. But hey, take that as a story if you will. Hope you liked it.

Interesting fact: I'm a massive Blood Donor advocate. Go donate blood if you're eligible.

I once saw a birth notice congratulating the arrival of baby Spatula. That's a real name. Just not mine. :)

You have no idea how tempted I am now to see if I can change your username to 'Baby Spatula'.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, if you're introduction is anything to go by then you've certainly got some storyteller about you :thup:

You have no idea how tempted I am now to see if I can change your username to 'Baby Spatula'.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, if you're introduction is anything to go by then you've certainly got some storyteller about you :thup:

If you manage to get that change in, your penance shall be (besides reminding me and constantly resetting my password as I forget the username change) to donate blood. We'll want video :)

(I'm running a blood donor run at my work, I'm a little obsessed at the moment, especially as it's much more appealing than actual work)

• 3 weeks later...

Username; McLovin

Real Name; Jim

Age; 22

About Me; Born near Southend-on-Sea and raised in Grays. I am unemployed, but seeking part-time employment to fit around my University studies in which I am a first year. Have previously done office-based work, which I hated.

I'm a Grays Athletic fan and love non-League football, but have struggled to follow it due to my lack of funds/mobility. Was the researcher for Grays (which I loved doing!) until I decided to up sticks and go travelling for six months. Gutted about Grays' recent plight from the Conference National, but we've been punching above our weight for a while. I dislike West Ham. Even more so with all these Hammers related people ruining my club.

Still using FM09, but have not really played it for a while. I had an epic game going where I Queensland Roar, having worked my way up from Elgin City, Oxford City, Port Vale, and Dorchester Town (having also managed Qatar, UAE & Croatia) - long story short, I accidentally deleted the game and couldn't be bothered to restart a new one! Have had an idea to start a new game with a modified database and a potential story attached. Haven't purchased FM10 due to mainly a lack of funds and my laptop is knackered (although a new one should find it's way to me next weekend :)).

In real life, I'm a bit of a utility player but have recently been deposited as right back and love a tackle! More of a rugby man to be honest. Football annoys me too much now with all the diving/rolling around on the floor/gobbing off at the ref etc. Probably why I like non-League footy, not as much dicking around (and below the Conference you can have a beer on the terrace :)).

Username; PaulHartman71

Real Name; Paul

Age; 19

About Me; I'm an 'Essex Boy'. I support Arsenal who are my families team and follow Southend who are my local side. On FMS I am usually just a lurker, but I have started a story to pass some time for a bit of fun so thought I'd introduce myself a bit. I'm a regular in CSE, and have a thread in the Career's Forum which showcases my current FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin save game which is very enjoyable.

Username: Marmoset Junior

About Me: I don't want to bore you with too many details. I'm Australian, have been married for 22 years and have a 17yo son and a 14yo daughter. I work in the hospitality industry, currently assistant manager for a well-known hotel that I won't name here.

I started playing this series with CM97/98 (first club I ever managed was PSG!) and have bought most versions since then. I have a soft spot for CM01/02 and I still play that version with updates supplied by another website.

I've only started one story here and I'll unashamedly admit that I've copied Faramir's style of writing as that works best for me. I harbour dreams of writing a more complicated story and maybe that will happen some day.

Regards, MJ.

I've only started one story here and I'll unashamedly admit that I've copied Faramir's style of writing as that works best for me. I harbour dreams of writing a more complicated story and maybe that will happen some day.

Regards, MJ.

No shame in that. Faramirs work is what I styled my work on

Never been in this part of the forum before, so I don't know whether I'll get a warm welcome or not. I've been planning a story for quite a while, and didn't even know there was a place on this site where I could post. :p

Username: Vic Taylor

About Me: I'm homeschooled, having left my local school 2 and a half years ago, and am currently studying Biology (unhappily) and Geography (even more unhappily) at IGCSE level. I'm also planning to take some Uni courses later in the year. I have 3 other IGCSEs under my belt. They are English ©, Maths (B), and Sociology (B).

Next month, I start the interview process of trying to join my local Police. I live in Essex, and they run a cadet course for 16-18 year olds. They pay 7-8k a year (which, for a 16 year old, is quite cool) and I plan to do my A-levels with them, before joining the Regulars when I turn 18.

I originally planned to join the Army, but me having asthma stopped me. :(

I've been writing for ages, and actually hope to get published one day. I've written several stories using game engines such as FM (the Medieval: Total War 2 one was the most sucessful), but have never actually done something like this for FM.

I've been playing FM since the 07 version, but can't actually remember how I found these forums. :o I spend most of my time on the GD and Editors forum.

Only other important detail I can think of is that I'm a lifelong Red Devils fan. :)

Username: Mametz1536

Real Name Alan

About Me Aged 49, married for 25 years, I have two sons, one 14, the other 12 and a 6 year old daughter. I live in Eastbourne on the Sunny South Coast of England and I am a life long Everton supporter, although I also follow Brighton.

I started playing CM2 around a friend’s house back in the eighties. He had the Italian edition I remember my first big signing was Stephane Chapuisat for Parma. Played most editions since then but my laptop is old so I’m only up to FM06.

I had a couple of stories a few years ago, but I took on a team for a year in Football Manager Live. I was heartbroken when they announced the restart so I decided to go back to writing.

Just realised I haven't done this...

Username

-Xenon-

Real Name

Sam

About Me

I am 21 years old and I was born in Epsom, Surrey and have lived in various places in and around the glorious county of Surrey. I was recently at university where I was studying History and English Literature down in Bath. But, I've recently quit that course for a lot of different reasons, certainly not anything to do with the social side. In fact over indulgence in the social side could well be a factor! Doing temp work with a family friend's company to get some cash together, hopefully with a view to a move to London to house share with a few mates.

It's fair to say I'm a sport fanatic, the sports that matter to me above all others are football (I support Manchester United), rugby union (I support London Irish) and cricket (If 'support' is the right word then Surrey County Cricket Club).

My old man is Irish, so I have celtic blood coursing through my veins, I'm regularly over there seeing family (going this weekend actually).

And rather obviously I'm an FM enthusiast, much to the amusement of my friends who tease me mercilessly about it. Oh well, it's my guilty geeky pleasure I guess!

Username ; oggie26

Real Name ; Oggie Tomasevic

Age ; 30

About Me ; Born in Croatia, moved to South Africa when was 13 then moved to London when was 21. So as you can tell I get around a bit :D

Married but no kids yet, work for local council.

My first love in football was Red Star Belgrade (what a great team we had when we won European cup - now called champions league), but since I was 7 I started to support Manchester United mainly due to a legend Peter Schmeichel ..... loved watching him play.

Been playing FM since Championship Manager 97/98, have some great memories of playing with my mates ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Might as well do this, especially as I recognise SCIAG (Steve Coppell Is A God, yes?) from another forum, that I lurk but dont post on.

Username: LocoMosquito. Internet leg-end, or bell-end depending on what board you post on and your opinion of arrogant gobsh*tes.

Marital Status: Taken, and not roughly from behind either.

Profession: Financial Adviser. Boooooooooooo!

Support: Reading, since the age of 13 and Horsham, since before that. Followed the RRZZZZZ as they were the first professional side I ever saw "live" at Elm Park, thanks to a mate who was a lifelong fan. I say "thanks", thats debateable given the last couple of seasons. And indeed any season other than 2005/6.

Favourite player of all time: Dylan Kerr.

Favourite manager of all time: Mark Dunk, ex-Horsham. Horsham got promoted from what was then the Rymans League 2, played Leyton Town in the last game of the season to decide the title. Some inexplicable non-league hoolie violence broke out, and during that, our manager's car had the window stove in. As all accounts have it, he left the dug out and went searching for the culprits whilst wielding a chair, whilst the game was still going on. Absolute legend. We lost 2-0 but still went up, btw.

Favourite "imaginary" CM/FM player: Alan Petterson. A dozen years and 150+ goals for me at Barnet and then Barnsley on CM1. Prompted me to start writing a CM fan-story back then (1996), which swiftly died a death as there was no internet and no-one to read it :-( I remember stopping that game and deleting it when he retired through injury.

FM Loser Rating: C+. I love this game, but I've had bouts of inactivity through the years. Obsessed with CM1 on the Atari ST, and then CM2 on PC, then left home and was (mostly) bereft of such activities for 3 or 4 years until a girlfriend foolishly gave me her old PC and let me buy CM4 (2001/2). That relationship died a death but she now plays Football Director on her DS, so I'd like to think something positive came of it. Hate over-technicality in the CM/FM games - they're better when they're playable quickly and easily and allow your imagination to do the rest, which I guess is my reason for starting reading these here forums back in 2004. Only just grown a sufficient pair to start my own story, but loving some of the ongoing tales on here. Gives me something to work towards.

Username: LocoMosquito. Internet leg-end, or bell-end depending on what board you post on and your opinion of arrogant gobsh*tes.

Legend then :)

Marital Status: Taken, and not roughly from behind either.

Door. Use it. :D

Favourite "imaginary" CM/FM player: Alan Petterson. A dozen years and 150+ goals for me at Barnet and then Barnsley on CM1. Prompted me to start writing a CM fan-story back then (1996), which swiftly died a death as there was no internet and no-one to read it :-( I remember stopping that game and deleting it when he retired through injury.

If only you had kept it - you could've posted it here now. Then again, 14 years would be a long time to wait to post on an SI Games forum. :p

If only you had kept it - you could've posted it here now. Then again, 14 years would be a long time to wait to post on an SI Games forum. :p

Indeed, and I'd be gambling on two pretty big things. Firstly that a thing called the internet would exist, and become a means of communicating across the globe, and secondly that I wasnt the only person whose life was dictated by what isessentially a large database of footballers with a random number generator attached to it!

Archived