*OFFICIAL* FMS Introductions Thread

sherm

As far as I know Jen is our only female writer. To the best of my recollection there has only been one other member of the fairer sex posting here since I have been around - anyone else remember Spurzgrrl?

There's possibly been two. Spurzgrrl is the only female (as far we know) awards winner, and I'm sure there was someone else who was a female who once played in my french online clan, and I think she wrote at least one story. Of course there may have been others who just never said anything. You would think over 10 years we might have more than three ladies aboard?

And I won't introduce myself because its very unlikely I'll ever post a story here again, and also it would take just way too many words ;)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Username ; Bagpuss although it has changed a fair few times over the years

Real Name ; Keith

Age ; 32 in july

About Me ; Currently working in a environmental science lab in Cumbria near to Sellafield. Been here for 6 years now and still enjoy the work. Went to uni in London last century and spent 5 years there having had to repeat part of the final year. Helped paretns build there bungalow (Although its bungalow on the grounds off it having no upstairs rooms only as it has 4 bedrooms (2 ensuite) and a self contained granny flat. Also scope and room to stick 2/3 rooms in the loft too.) and to earm some money was working in a food factory making pies for tesco's for 18 months or so whilst looking for a proper job.

Been on the site since 2001 i beleive it is, came to sort out a tech issue. IIRC it was a memory issue. Soon appeared in the old CMS forum although i cant remember when the first stories appeared. Mostly covered Man Utd, Carlisle Utd and West Brom i think. Attended three CMS meetups, Edinburgh, Groningen and Torquay although the Torquay one was a bit of a joke as Torquay isn't open in February it seems. Term was out 2 of them too, cant remember if he went to Torquay.

These days i have a Carlise Utd story ongoing and am pondering ideas for another one. Also working out how to adapt a previous Man Utd one to fit in with recent times. Will require some testing of CM 01/02 first to make sure certain things work well etc. Nearly always play on CM 01/02 although i have FM07 installed.

As for other things well I've kind of started running, yes shocking as it sounds to those of you who have seen me 'play' football, and in the last 2 years have run 12 marathons and two ultras (ones longer than a marathon). When including other distances i'm up to 63 races now since October 2006.

Will be in sunny Edinburgh next weekend for the marathon and a hopeful successful first go at a sub 4 hour marathon time.

Username: Weeeman27bob

About me:

As I write this I have two years and three weeks left at school. Although I'm at a private school (fee paying), I'm not a rich toff, and am only there due to my father working at it. I spend lots of time following sports, although as I don't have any sports channels I find it quite hard.

I'm also tongue tied, which basically means that the tip of my tongue is joined to the bottom of my mouth, and so I can't stick it out properly. It's actually quite common, but they normally find it out at birth and snip it. However they missed mine and I'm too old to have it done now as it would affect my speech.

My team is Liverpool, despite being much closer to Midlands teams like Villa and Wolves. However I have supported Liverpool for as long as I can remember. My second team is Leicester City, the only professional team I've seen live, because my Grandfather used to have a season ticket and would take me along to watch.

In the future, I think I'd like to get a job as a journalist. I did a career profile test a while ago, and most of the the suggestions it came out with were to do with finance. However, according to the test, I have an exceptional verbal reasoning, and another option is journalism.

That leads me on to how I found the forum and the community. I've always liked reading, so naturally this was one of the first forums I was drawn to. The gruesome twosome of American writiers, Tenthree and CopperHorse, got me addicted and then a while later I started to write a story. As with lots of things, I stood on the side of the pool for a while before diving in, but I'm now in and, I hope, part of the community.

Whilst I've been writing this, I've thought of some other facts, that aren't really worth a paragraph of their own;

My Grandmother is a deputy lieutenant of Leicester and the first person to graduate from Leicester University.

I received three prizes, Physics, History and German, at my school prizegiving yesterday.

I use an Apple Macbook as a computer

This was my 5,000th post!

Username ; Deisler26

Real Name ; Grant

Age ; 28

About Me ; Heh, this is the part I'm dreading. I'm not a good talker about myself. Well, this is my first visit to FMS in it's new home. I visited once or twice under another guise before. I will start a story in just a minute. I'm a permanent night worker at Heathrow, so don't be surprised if most of my updates come between 12-5am :p

I've been playing CM/FM ever since CM Italia, however the only thing I can remember vividly is Dennis Bergkamp at Inter.. I had a 10 season game on the Xbox 360 version of FM06, taking Kristiansund BK to the Champions League. I'm also a very mediocre FM player. Before this incarnation, my top achievements were winning the UEFA Cup twice in a row and one Bundesliga title.

I'm an Arsenal fan, but my heart also belongs to Gillingham (where I was born and grew up), Stevenage (based there for 5 years and had a season ticket) and Empoli (no reason, just fell in love with them)

Interesting fact: I was drunkenly interviewed by Capital Radio in Nuremburg before the Trinidad and Tobago game in the World Cup in 2006

So, yeah, that's me. I'll see you all around!

Ooh I've thought of an interesting fact. Well actually, two.

The first one's a family one and not about me...

My Auntie Barbara has won a BAFTA! Not just her personally, but she's an artist and has worked on, amongst other things, Bob The Builder. Having just done a quick search of the BAFTAs it seems Bob has won a few awards but the ones which mention "HOT Amination for HIT Entertainment" are her and her colleagues. Proud! :thup:

And one about me...

I have played tennis with Cliff Richard. My mum was delighted. I'm not a fan though.

Username: bergtaur

About Me: Well, I live in the beautiful state of New York in the upstate region. I'm currently going to be a junior in college shortly. I partake in playing golf like a few other people here and have won junior tournaments and all-league status in High School. As far as football (yes, I call it football, not soccer) goes, I played indoor in a kids league until I was 10, but I really don't have the body type to play, just a strong right leg really.

My introduction to Football Manager happened last year as I met one of the coolest people I've ever met, Jamie Mitchell from Australia, who had purchased FM08. He lent it to me and I uploaded it and for a while was really taken aback by the NHL Eastside 2007 demo on the disc more than FM. Then I started playing FM and I loved it: the tactic setting, the excitement of the transfers, and just being more open to the entire footballing world. My friend who I made at college after Jamie went back to the land down under got the game and we traded the game back and forth.

Then we get to my favorite club in the world, AC Milan. I took Latin and then Italian in high school and did a large report on this history of Milanese football and just was shocked at how different the two clubs were. I then saw that a player who I really enjoyed watching in the 1998 World Cup, Zvonimir Boban had played with AC Milan. From then I was a solid supporter of the Rossenari. I also got into The A-League just by talking to Jamie, so I totally thank him to bringing me into the crazy world of FM.

The only sad part, I'm notoriously cheap, so I never bought 08 or 09. I've just been honing my tactics on the demos and transfers from each game. I had alot of success when I played 08 with my friend and it's only a matter of time before I join the story-tellers here, as I am a published poet and a journalism major at college. This forum is a solid release for me.

Username: ccarey99

About Me: I'm from the good old US of A, but my dad is English, as you might be able to guess from my name. I go by Clay, which I think explains the username. My first manager game was FM08 after I downloaded the demo about a year ago and after about a week I had to buy the whole thing.

I play football, golf, tennis, basketball, and baseball, so basically every sport except American football, but real football is my one and only love. I'm an out-and-out striker, and my favorite player in the world is Peter Crouch for some reason or another. I tried out for my university's team and made the squad, but I unfortunately had to quit because it was affecting my grades.

I'm a Villa supporter and have been for as long as I can remember. When I was about ten I didn't even play football but I had a football video game and I remember thinking that Aston Villa was an awesome name, and I guess that stuck with me. The only other thing I remember about that game is that Tommy Mooney for Watford was unstoppable for some reason. On a side note, my dad doesn't know what to think of me supporting Villa, cause he grew up supporting QPR, the poor man.

I think I started a rather poor story on here a long while back, but life got in the way. I am writing another story at present, although I want to get a fair bit of it done before posting any.

Oh, um, I got into FMS by reading a story called "The Highly Recommended, Increasing Influence of Cold, Hard Cash". It was about a Qatar manager who went around the world finding players to take on Qatarnese nationality. Once these foreigners had become Qatarish, they played for the national team. They were awesome. It was a great story. I don't remember who it was by.

I then drifted away from FMS until last summer, when I was suddenly inspired to start a FM story. Unfortunately, I quickly discovered that one of the best stories on the forum was already using the team I planned to- Reading. However, There's No Time Like The Present has been able to get by in Rat Pack's shadow. Due to a problem with my internet and now my laptop, I've not been able to update my stories as much as I'd have liked to, but that has allowed me to get some starts made on some other stories without the pressure of updating the other two.

Username: barnicle

Full Name: Sam Fairhurst

About Me: I'm from Swinton which is in Manchester, and I support Bolton Wanderers due to the fact that my dad and his dad and his dad and so on supported the might whites. I've been playing the Championship Manager / Football Manager ever since it first started. My uncle bought it and he taught me how to play and I got addicted to it straight away, my best achievement in the CM/FM series is getting Rushden & Diamonds to the Premier Division.

I play football, rugby league, cricket and I enjoy many other sports. I played football for a team called Pendlebury United and played rugby for Leigh and Eccles, but a bad injury to my left leg, where I torn the ligaments in my knee and ankle, left me out of the beautiful game for over a year. But i'm looking to go over to the USA and player football over there.

Right now I'm not doing much, just playing the good old Xbox 360, if anytbody wants to add my gamertag feel free "lipp 261191," and playing Football Manager. I'm going to attend college in September and going to go on to University and study Journalism.

Interesting fact: I had a kick about with Nicholas Anelka.

Username: Copperhorse21

About me: Grew up in the states playing soccer, but never really understood it. I was pretty fast and could use both feet at an early age. The coach moved me around the team spelling everyone else because we had free substitution rules and I had the stamina that wouldn't quit. However, at 105 pounds, I got shoved off the ball quite a bit. Eventually, I bulked up to 135 by the time I graduated, but poor training habits resulted in an interminable amount of injuries that have plagued me ever since. The more I was on the training table, the more firm my resolve to play this beautiful game.

Eventually, I became a gym teacher and fulfilled my life long dream of coaching. Since then, it's been an uphill battle to convey my love of the game to those who were just like me as a high school player.

My wife got sick of me ranting on about soccer all the time, so she bought me FIFA 07 to distract me. The career mode only heightened my obsession and I did a google search for something like the Civilization series for the PC. Good gracious, Football Manager popped up and 07 was my first hit of addiction.

Since then, all my free time was spent playing with a variety of teams, but my first club was Montrose in SD3. In 08, I've played plenty of careers spanning one to two seasons before I learn something new about the game and wish to experiment with some new theory.

I write to vent.

I've become quite fanatical about the EPL because I can follow it via satellite. My favorite team is Arsenal because they play a high paced match style and I believe in working within a budget, but I've also got a soft spot for the underachieving. This season, it was Newcastle and the debacle of comedic mismanagement of epic proportions. I'm gutted they were relegated as well as Arsenal finishing yet again without a trophy. However, I've come to respect the managerial achievements of both Sir Alex Ferguson and Pep Guardiola.

I tend to follow managers rather than teams and so I've never really been tied to a club, especially if they hire some stooge I can't stand as manager.

All in all, I've enjoyed my time on the forums and am delighted to be in such good company of crazy and supportive FM and footy fans. Thank you.

Username: clrkaitken

About three years ago, while at university, I sublet a room in the house of a couple of friends from my program. One day while venturing downstairs to do some laundry, I passed by my friend's room, and he was seated at his desk, playing a game on his laptop which had a large green rectangle and several little dots ambling about the screen. It intrigued me, and so I asked what he was playing. It WWSM 2007. (I live in Canada.)

I didn't really pay any mind to it, as my interest in soccer (...sorry) was still fleeting, typically confined to Euro or the World Cup every other summer. But it did cause me to do some research about SI, and I eventually found a copy of Eastside Hockey Manager 2007. As an avid hockey fan since birth, I was hooked. I found the EHM forums where I lurked for some time, and then when my laptop eventually gave in, two years ago I succumbed and purcahsed WWSM 08. I migrated from lurking the EHM forums to the FM forums, and that's where I found this wonderful corner of the Interweb.

I have yet to really find my voice as a writer on here. So far, I've been something of an ideas man. I have a number of great frameworks for stories swimming around in my head, only my relative inexperience with the game, and that I can't seem to put the pen to paper (as it were) has prevented me from committing. My hope is that by becoming more of a regular voice around here, I'll be able to break through with my writing, and stick to a story or two.

I've been around here for about a year now, and I must say thank you to all of you. Since lurking here, my interest and my knowledge of the Beautiful Game has increased exponentially. I don't have a favourite team, since I'm adamantly anti-bandwagon, and the soccer coverage here in Canada is of the Game of the Week variety. But I have become a fan of the game itself, which is good enough for me.

This site is now one of the first ones I visit each day, and it's a testament to all of you that often I find your interpretations of the events of your computer game to be of a higher quality than the dreck in the newspapers and internet sports sites about real-life events written by people who get paid to it for a living. Hats off to all of you, and thanks for having me.

Hello!

username: florianghe

About me: Born and raised in Romania, near the Black Sea. I graduated university last year and now I'm working as a journalist at a local newspaper. I'm not a big football fan, but I simply love the tactical approach of the game. I do enjoy watching Juventus and my favorite player, Alex Del Piero.

I started playing the series in 2000 (CM 99/00) and I never looked back. Since I didn't have a PC back then, I had spent all summer playing the game at a friend. I must admit that I really sucked back then. With me in charge, I remember I relegated Shrewsbury from the Third Division :eek:. On my PC, the first CM/FM series I've ever played was CM 01/02.

I'm a big LLM fan :D, I enjoy starting in the lower leagues and finish on top. I have an idea to write a story, starting from an amateur team and see where I can go from there. I hope to talk to you in my future topic. Thank you!

Username- chesterfan2

Real Name - Martin

Age - 40

About Me

Playing FM since Championship Manager 99 (or whatever it was called, wasn't the first one, but the one after that.)

Yes I am a Chester fan, but that's not ever been a profitable enterprise so I do retain a soft spot for Liverpool. I live in Cheshire, married with three boys, the latest one of which joined us on march 14th, the day Liverpool won 4-1 at Old Trafford. what with wetting the baby's head in the evening that was quite a spectacularly good day.

I'm probably best remembered on here for Employee of the Month and I need to PP, PP-70 That is, but I also did Escape to Victory which I was quite pleased with and Don't They Know it's the End of the World which is probably the most underated piece of writing on this board ever. I've kind of got out of the habit of writing recently, trying to get to much into a story I think and I sort of lost my way a bit.

This board, if nothing else, has made me learn alot about Finland.

Other games I play: Civilization IV and Company of Heroes.

Username- swagat sinha

Real Name - Swagat Sinha

Age - Turn 24 in August

About Me

Living in a country that is fanatical about cricket, and nowhere as closely enthusiastic about football, I am part of a minority :D.

I study at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, doing an MBA. My first FM was 2005, by which time I had gotten completely bored of the FIFA series, and was looking to get into the managerial aspect of the game after hearing to Jose Mourinho. Yup, I am a Chelsea fan.

Stumbled across this forum while on internship, and got hooked to the stories section. Decided to write one of my own, and picked Valencia for my first sojourn into story land. Wrote two seasons, played 3 and the comp crashed, taking my La Liga victory along with it :(

Currently playing as Havant and Waterlooville, with a plan to emulate Rushden on FMS :). Currently in League 1 in 2015, will put it into story form soon.

Sleepy at work, might as well wake myself up while posting here...

Username: Dalbeider. Supposed to be a Spanish bastardizing of Darth Vader. A uni friend of mine invented it for a MUD character we were sharing back in 1997, and I ended up adopting it as my official moniker, twelve years ago. Damn, I'm old (see Age).

About me:

Computer engineer, working as a SAP consultant (NOT recommended, guys) since 4 1/2 years ago.

Been playing CM/FM since... eh, a long time ago. I remember downloading the original from somewhere while in uni, liking it, and then looking around for the rest of the series. By then the only version that ever made it to Spain was "Presidente", a horrible localization of CM2 (IIRC), which I bought and despised for translation and data-related issues (De la Peña as MR? Seriously?). CM3 passed us by, and I *think* the first "real" versión of CM I bought was either 00/01 or 01/02. Whichever it was, I got hooked, and haven't missed a single CM/FM since then.

Despite my science/tech oriented career, I've always liked foreign languages and writing. I even have a blog/article series/thing here about old videogames that I should update monthly, but in reality updates whenever I have time and/or a decent idea. Spanish only, though, sorry. I've ocasionally lurked around this forum since a while ago, but only recently decided to give stories a go. So far so good, despite getting the sack 1 1/2 seasons into my first try.

Third, in fact. Catalan is the second ;).

Cool. One of my favourite books is by a Catalan, who was widely derided/criticised by Catalan nationalists for writing his book in Spanish rather than Catalan.

No offence to the nationalists, but if I was Carlos Ruis Zafon, i'd write it in Spanish too, much wider audience!

Anyway, the Shadow of the Wind instantly catapulted into my top five books when i read it and I've just ordered The Angel's Game so I hope it lives up to the standard that he set in The Shadow of the Wind.

Anyway... I had no idea you were Spanish!

Meh, nationalists (both Catalan and Spanish) tend to do/say stupid things like that a lot around here, so not surprised. Ruiz Zafón can write in any language he chooses/likes/is more fluent in, translations exist for a reason. I've heard both good and bad things about his books, maybe I should try them one of these days. If I ever manage to get done with the ones I have left unfinished lately, of course (Pratchett's "The Truth", for example).

And boo, I said I was Spanish in the introduction post to my Braunschweig story. Shows how much attention you're paying :p.

And boo, I said I was Spanish in the introduction post to my Braunschweig story. Shows how much attention you're paying :p.

Not much obviously!

Though I put it down to my absolutely appalling memory retention

Username: Sound

About Me: Well, I'll try not to go into to much detail about me, and keep it kind of brief. I am still only 14 years old so still go to school, and my favourite sport is tennis.:) There. That's it.:)

I joined the forums to learn about about FM, because I only started playing FM on Sunday, so I'm kinda new to the game.

Username: Nathan Pike

There's not a lot to tell you about my life. I'm currently single and have been for the past two years since splitting up with my partner of ten years back in late 2007. I've had a variety of jobs, but I'm currently work nights in a major hospital in a job that you'd probably class as an orderly or nurse's aid. I have advanced first aid skills, but I'm really there just to keep an eye on things and help the night staff keep watch over the patients. As a result I tend to do most of my posting/reading in the early morning after I come off shift.

I've played CM/FM since CM96/97, but my favourite ever edition is CM01/02 which is what my current story about Reims in the Fallen Giants Challenge is based upon.

Cheers, Nathan.

Username: Sound

About Me: Well, I'll try not to go into to much detail about me, and keep it kind of brief. I am still only 14 years old so still go to school, and my favourite sport is tennis.:) There. That's it.:)

I joined the forums to learn about about FM, because I only started playing FM on Sunday, so I'm kinda new to the game.

Wow, high post count in such a short time.

• 2 weeks later...

Username; Molineux_Wolf

Real Name; Liam Lock

Age; 18, 19 this month.

About Me; I have just finished three years at college doing an IT course and am now going to Leeds Met university in September to begin a four year games design course. Although i am a Wolves fan, i am mostly a fan of West Midlands clubs in general, bar West Bromwich Albion.

Football is the only British sport i follow, despite being British. I more follow the NFL, NBA and MLB. I support Carolina Panthers (NFL), Charlotte Bobcats (NBA) and the Detroit Tigers (MLB). There is no special reason for me supporting these teams, other than the fact that in England i support Wolves (Dog) and in America, i support the big cats.

Unsure of what else to put, other than i hope you enjoy my stories, as i'm sure i will enjoy yours :)

• 2 weeks later...

user - ahmirekis

real name - siker

age - as human passed away at 16 (been a zombie for the past 16 years) total 32

about me

I've had 16 wonderful years of my life, then one day a friend of mine gives me a couple of floppy

amiga disks and says i'd like whats on there (we used to play Track Suit Manager on commodore64)

it was cm 93/94

that was the first time i spent 24hours non-stop in front of a computer, would have gone longer

had my parents not taken my amiga adaptor away.

many versions followed but cm 01/02 was the best till 03/04 comes along and i loved it, in fact i

loved it so much that i played it till this june !!! never bothered with any of the ones that

come out after until fm09

i was fresh out of uni and lookin for a job, friend of a friend tells me i can earn some easy

cash till i get a job so i have a go at it . looks easy low risk security duty

i get a laptop so i can play cm03/04 while on shift (12 hours x 6days)

3 years go by and i dont want a job with my degree now cause i know i wont be able to play cm at

work, i'm happy as it is but then my boss thinks since i'm the longest serving employee and i've

let slipped that i've studied management @ uni he wants to make me his #2 and oversee the whole

operation (89 employees around various sites from nottingham to london)

yep you guessed it

i quit after 9months cause i couldnt play cm

Ive spent 10 years living in Wolverhampton (between ages 19-29), I'm originally from Turkey.

after quittin my job i thought that if i go back home and invest my savings it would be cheaper

than living in the UK.

i was right and i'm happily managing right now

some might say what a waste of a life but what can i do, sue the creators of the game?

feedback is welcome and a note to young lads there :

If you have an ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY STAY OFF THIS GAME before its T O O L A T E

Username:noddy118

Age: 23/24 in august 2009, Married in 2008, Wolves fan since birth

About me:

I now live in Chicago IL, USA but was born in Wolverhampton. Moved to Chicago in 2007 after finishing my BA in Business Economics, Met an American girl while at university and for somereason she liked me alot and when she was ment to leave after her master's, she's 3 years older than me, she decided to stay. When I finished up degree we moved to the states and I got offered a job in Chicago and we have been living here ever since.

Used to play alot of sports as a kid in the Worcester area, Rugby/Football/Cricket and Field Hockey being the main ones. Went to university hoping to keep the rugby going but after realizing some of the guys on the team were arogant pains in the arse decided to try something else so I joined the American football team and played running back for 3 years. When we moved I tried to get back into the rugby but managed to injure my MCL so if I want to run around with any kids we have later on, need to keep away from the contact sports.

Used to play Centerback/Left fullback in football (or soccer as these bloody yanks call it). Huge Wolves fan but due to distance obvoiusly can't see any of the games anymore. really looking forward to next season as I'll finally be able to see Wolves on the telly over here as the Fox Soccer Channel only carries the Premiership games. I also support Leicester Tigers Rugby Team as I know a few guys in the team, Chicago Bears and the Cubs in the USA.

I joined the forum only recently on this username but have been a guest for years. Not really been around the stories forum much but have been inspired after reading some of the detailed and interesting long term stories in the boards. First lady of Football i've been reading lately and I've been following a few others.

Quick question, I've actually written about 20 pages of a story in word already and it's all the background on me as an Ex player turned manager after a horrific injury, Problem is it's 20 pages in and I've not even played a game yet. lol. so basically my question is, How long can a story be before you start to really follow the games?

I've think I've got an interest plot so far with a few twists and intersting ideas plus an in club unknown enemy who has threaten the manager if they club doesn't succeed. Plus Ive been using real people as references within the clubs and have created some good in game relationships with members of staff and players in the game as my manager used to play with them or for them before his injury.

What do you think?

My other Idea was to run the game with an edited database to include this Manager and all his relationships and holiday the game and create a story around what happens to him during the save without my personal interferance.

Quick question, I've actually written about 20 pages of a story in word already and it's all the background on me as an Ex player turned manager after a horrific injury, Problem is it's 20 pages in and I've not even played a game yet. lol. so basically my question is, How long can a story be before you start to really follow the games?

My Rangers story, "The Lions of Barcelona," has 53 pages written before a ball is kicked in a friendly and 79 pages before a ball is kicked in anger.

"Rob Ridgway's Rat Pack" goes 35 pages before the first friendly and 84 before the first match of the season, but it is a sequel so less time is spent in characters and substory at the beginning.

I think some people here like to see a writer take the time to develop character and show an interest in sticking around for the long term. I think you will find posting the backstory is time well spent.

And this 'bloody Yank' calls it football, by the way... :)

My Rangers story, "The Lions of Barcelona," has 53 pages written before a ball is kicked in a friendly and 79 pages before a ball is kicked in anger.

"Rob Ridgway's Rat Pack" goes 35 pages before the first friendly and 84 before the first match of the season, but it is a sequel so less time is spent in characters and substory at the beginning.

I think some people here like to see a writer take the time to develop character and show an interest in sticking around for the long term. I think you will find posting the backstory is time well spent.

And this 'bloody Yank' calls it football, by the way... :)

Thanks for the encouragement and conformation that a long backstory won't completely put off readers. And as for the "Yank" thing, at least one of you guys has learnt proper English. lol I'm in trouble now and hopefully for the rest of my life as my wife from kentucky so the english language gets a "southern charms" lets say, but you can't beat a southern Belle.

Welcome, Noddy118.

As Mr. Tenthree says, there is nothing wrong with backstory as long as it's well written an interesting! My own story, The Voice From Beyond is just over 100 pages at the moment and I've only covered 3 competitive matches. There are plenty of other examples on this board as well where backstory probably overshadows the football, but then also plenty others that take the other track, where the football is the focus. Then there's 10-3 who somehow manages to do both awesomely. :p

Anyway, just go with what you've got and what you enjoy doing; it's your story, and this is a story forum so no need to hold back. Looking forward to seeing some of your work here in the not-to-distant future. :thup:

• 5 weeks later...

User name: MGoldman

About me:

I'm a Los Angeles native, but currently go to school in the hardscrabble town of New Haven, Connecticut. Though I grew up around a lot of "traditional" American sports, I was quickly drawn to soccer (err...football) at a young age. Played a lot as a youth and had 31 goals in 10 games as a U-7. Like Michael Owen, I never got much better and found out running track/athletics was my best bet for a college scholarship.

As for teams, I'm a diehard supporter of the US National Team and it's been a fun ride, knowing full well that our best days are still ahead of us. I've also been attending LA Galaxy games since the club was formed in 1996, though the recent Beckham Circus has been trying at times. My CM/FM experience goes back about 10 years (stopped using EA's game after realizing managers don't decide how much hot dogs and programs cost). I've discovered this community relatively recently and have decided to give writing a try, since everyone here seems like pretty amiable folk. I look forward to reading your stories, providing my own, and getting to know one another.

Username - MikeyGrea

Real Name - Michael Greaves

Age - 14

About Me

I enjoy playing/ listening to music, I play acoustic guitar and football in my free time. Ocassionally I will get chance to boot up FM. But that is usually very rare.

I live in Barnsley but wish to live elsewhere, I am in Year 10 of high school. I own two console systems, a Playstation 3 and a Xbox 360. If you want to have a game on FIFA or go online on Gears 2 just add my GT. (Never guess what it is!)

I was drawn into football by my Dad. He took me to my first match a when I was 6 and I was hooked ever since. I did start playing FM at a very young age, (around 5!!!) but I didn't really know what I was doing and just messed around with the computer. I can really say that started playing FM games with a passion around the 04/05. The changover from CM to FM was what I needed to start playing mre frequently.

I play football for a locall team. I am left footed and therefore play on the left wing.

Alright I think thats enough and I'll let someone else clog up the page with utter trash about themselves! :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

Name: George Burgess

Supports: Bristol City, Aston Villa.

I guess you could say that Goalkeepings my best position because of my height (6f 3) I learnt the art of football thanks to my old man. He's taken me down to Ashton Gate every week rain or shine.

Away from football I am just about to enter my last year in school! Very scary though. I like socialising with my mates and playing football generally. I love partying and finding a girl to get close too.

I'm currently single! It doesn't bother me as it's loads of time to play football manager and football.

Starting my last season in goal for my under 16 team on sunday.

Enough about me.!

Just realised I have never done this!

Username- gavrenwick

Real Name - Gav Renwick :p

Age - 20

About Me

I was born in Ashington, which is outside Newcastle. I then moved with family to Sheffield as a youngster.

I currently study History at Derby University (2nd year) and I have my own house in Derby. I am hoping to go on and study Journalism at Sheffield Hallam (or anywhere that will accept me!)

I play wayyyyy too much FM, in all honesty, and you can probably tell with my time online and the amount of stories I have. My first one here was Product of Iceland, one I have recently picked up. But my favourite work is First Lady, one of which I'm very proud of.

I have made quite a few friends on here, some more peculiar than others :D

I play quite a few other games, and I am platinum vocalist on Rock Band 2. Other games I play are Far Cry 2, Battlefield 2142 and 2, and my favourite game series of all time is Resident Evil.

I have a PS3 (Gav-Renwick) and Xbox-Live (gavrenwick) so feel free to add me :)

Archived