*OFFICIAL* FMS Introductions Thread

sherm

Looks like it's my turn to show my soul...

Username:skavenboy (If you know Warhammer, you'll know)

Profession:Barman/Alcholic (It's all part of the job!!!)

About Me: Well, I first played CM hundreds of years, well maybe not that long ago, say ten. I have played CM, FM, USM and the EA sports version, you make your own verdicts. My first team (that I can remember) is Luton Town in CM 97/98 and is still the longest save I've had. (4 seasons!) I have taken on lots of side that I haven't written stories but have fond memories of, such as Sampdoria, Real Betis, Woking, Dover and Berwick Rangers.

My life off my computer in the summer is work, work and some more work with a few hours sleep. In the winter, it's some work, rugby and lots of sleep. I do play rugby for my local side and support my beloved Leicester Tigers. I have been to both Heinkien Cup finals they have won so I'm kind of like a lucky charm for them.

Other thing I do is play a PBEM (play by e-mail) football league which is lots of fun but a bit outdated. I have made some good friends including Lincon City's Shane Clarke.

Football wise I support Leicester City and if and when I play, I'm a goalkeeper. The only drawback to this I'm 5'8"!!! But I have found a professional keeper who is that size so I'm not alone!!! Favourite managers would be Martin O'Neill (Leicester legend!!!), Nigel Pearson (current LCFC manager) and Ian Holloway. I like them all for different reasons but they are all good managers and try to do something different and don't go out and buy star players, eg. Leicester City side of mid-nineties Savage, Izzet, Cottee, Keller, Heskey, Walsh, Taggert etc. None of them a star players at the time but a great team side.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Seeing as I now have some time on my hands and 'know' a few people in this forum I plan to take part. I'm no writer so I'll simply be reading the stories and partaking in some of the banter.

Username: chopper99

Profession: IT Test Manager

About Me: Until recently I was playing a fair bit of FM as I spent the last year or so working from home. Unfotunately, since Tuesday, I've moved onto a new project that requires me to be in the office all the time, which I'm struggling to come to terms with.

I live with my fiancee of 10 years and we have a 10 month old daughter. I'm a Sunderland supporter, and the only good thing about being back in the office is that I can see the Stadium of Light from my office window (I'm 11 floors up though so I can see a lot of things).

I used to frequent GD quite a lot until a couple of years ago, I've been back there and to be honest it's full of numpties, so I'm hoping to lurk here during quiet work hours to stave off the boredom.

I think that best. Although I can come to an agreement; are you a die-hard, accept no other North East clubs kind of supporter? If not, I can accept your presence here and be your friend.

Not at all, I also have a soft spot for Darlington ;)

Ah yes and Gateshead from my '08 Dafuges challenge save.

In all honesty though I'm not a 'Newcastle are scum' type of supporter. I like us to be doing better than them, but that's about it.

I'm glad :thup: Experience too many of those in my life! Welcome to the forum anyway fella!

Aye, me too. And I find it completely pointless. I'm all for a bit of banter, but it gets taken too seriously far too often.

Now bog off ya Geordie scum :D

God I can't wait to p*ss all over Wearside next season...at home, AND at the Stadium of Sh*te...

Username: docklanders

Profession: Sixth Form Student

About Me: I must be one of the only people in the country who don't know where they were born! I was never told, my mother told me it was Edinburgh whilst the family were on a holiday, and my dad tells me it was London where they lived and his family grew up. My brother used to tell me Hell. Delightful fellow. I'm an average 17 year old male really, I like spending time with mates, I love sport, blah blah blah. What makes me different to most is that i'm actually a tad psychotic. You'll learn that over time.

I live in Buckinghamshire, with my dad, however he's out literally 90% of the time meaning I'm nearly always alone. Its sad, but oh well, the saddest part of it, is that i dont have sky sports or ESPN. Madness :(

Oh, and i'm also using this post to shamelessly publicize my novel. Its on the left next to location, C+P the link and read some gold :thup:.

Sorry Terk, i couldn't resist! :D

Do you know what Tipsy Laird is?

Do you know what my fist down your throat is?

General Register Office should hold all details on births, marriages and deaths.

I'll keep it in mind. But its not one of those big things for me. Personally i believe the place you die is more important than the place you born in anyway.

It was a simple question. Seeing as you have spoiled it with a pointless answer, I now rescind the question. Well done.

You know i'm messing :p. I didn't know what it was but I presumed it was an insult fwiw. I'm not going to have a great time on this forum am I?

One of my friends once claimed to be Scottish on account of the fact he was delivered on a plane that was flying over Scotland at the time. His brand of anecdotes reminded me of Chunk from The Goonies!

If you don't know where you were born, how do you have a passport for instance? It's so easy to get hold of a birth certificate, you have to pay a fee, can't remember how much it is, but it's fairly nominal.

Not sure I could stand not knowing where I was born :D

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry for necro-ing a thread that hasn't had a post in seven months (I came across it while searching for an old favorite of mine: Sharpening a Rusty Blade) but I think it serves a good purpose so I hope nobody will mind. It seems long overdue that I properly introduce myself in a way other than poorly written, quickly aborted stories.

Username: kmbll87

About Me: I'm currently in my final year of college, going for a Master's Degree in Accounting and looking (unsuccessfully) for employment for afterward. I grew up in Maine (which for you non-Americans is essentially part of Canada) in the United States. I moved to Pennsylvania to attend Lehigh University for my final year of school after doing my undergrad in New Hampshire.

I was not really into sports until I finished high school and my friends and I watched the 2006 World Cup. I fell in love with football and predominantly learned through FM and by watching the EPL religiously that season. My first year of college I began following American football and basketball as well. I don't strictly support any teams in football although I do try to follow my local team, the New England Revolution (luckily even attending one of their games before I left the region), and enjoy the play of Barcelona. In American Football I support the New England Patriots and in basketball the Boston Celtics.

I joined the forum shortly after I started playing FM to figure out how to get rid of the annoying thing with the German National Team. Awhile after that I discovered Amaroq's tale "Sharpening a Rusty Blade" which at the time was still ongoing and followed that. When that (sadly) ended, I began to stop in to lurk every once and awhile but, never having been any good at writing, did not post. Recently, I decided that I would try writing a story to increase my enjoyment of my saves which resulted in "You say you want a Revolution" and the second attempt of "The American Revolution." I was surprised to find it helped reduce the stress created by my graduate school workload and hope to continue writing.

Another American. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which...

Username: Spoonsky

About Me: I'm a middle school student in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the United States of America. I've lived here since I was 2, before we lived in Minnesota, where I was born.

I was not into football until early 2008. I tentatively supported our local MLS team, Real Salt Lake, but at the time they were pretty awful. And back then I had just discovered the Beatles. Then one day at a video game store I bought an old, likely used version of FIFA 05 for the Nintendo Gamecube. When it asked me to pick a team, I scrolled through them until I found the only one I recognized: Liverpool, home of the Beatles. I then had great times destroying my dad (who played as Arsenal) with the legendary Djibril Cisse. Well, imagine our surprise when on the TV schedule we saw the second leg of Liverpool vs. Arsenal in the Champions League. I was sad that Cisse wasn't there anymore, but was captivated by a lad named Fernando Torres. Liverpool won the match 4-2 and I've been hooked ever since. Recently this summer we went to Europe and I was able to go to a match as Wembley, as well as take a tour of Anfield.

As for our hometown club Real Salt Lake, well they actually started getting decent. In the 2008 they made the playoffs, in 2009 I went to a lot of matches and they barely snuck into the playoffs despite having a losing record, and with that losing record managed to improbably go on to win the MLS Cup, the final probably being the best night of my life. Then in 2010 they became really good, nearly getting the best record but making the overall impression that they were the best in the league. Of course, they were eliminated in the first round of playoffs. Figures.

I only barely discovered FMS, beforehand I had posted, and still do post, at the Dugout. My first story there, 32 Nations, 1 Dream: South Africa 2010, was voted the Best Story in 2010 and archived. I love international stories and once 32 Nations is all posted up, I'll unleash its sequel, Euro 2012 - 16 Countries, 2 Hosts, 1 Champion. I love writing FM stories and have both FM09 and FM10, but not FM11.

Archived