*OFFICIAL* FMS Introductions Thread

sherm

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

User Name : purered22

About me : Well my name may seem a little bit strange because its arabic. Im Lebanese and i was born in Montreal, Canada and lived there for about 10 years and then returned to Lebanon and stayed there for 6 years, witnessing one of the most devastating wars in my country's history. About a month ago i returned to Montreal to pursue my college education at the University Of Montreal, and im in my first year of financial studies. Ive been in the forums since 2007 i think. FM has been my best companion for 5 years now :D. Im a die hard Manchester United fan and ive been so since i was 10 years old. I also like SS Lazio a LOT but i have no idea why :D.

User Name : purered22

About me : Well my name may seem a little bit strange because its arabic. Im Lebanese and i was born in Montreal, Canada and lived there for about 10 years and then returned to Lebanon and stayed there for 6 years, witnessing one of the most devastating wars in my country's history. About a month ago i returned to Montreal to pursue my college education at the University Of Montreal, and im in my first year of financial studies. Ive been in the forums since 2007 i think. FM has been my best companion for 5 years now :D. Im a die hard Manchester United fan and ive been so since i was 10 years old. I also like SS Lazio a LOT but i have no idea why :D.

Montreal Impact not good enough for you then :(

User Name : ashton321

About me : Well where to begin. I was born in Liverpool but moved to Cheshire at the age of 14. I work as a Legal Executive (same job as a solicitor, but jsut costs less money to get there) in a Solicitors Firm. I deal with mainly industrial disease and accidents at work, all very exciting stuff. I live with my partner and her child from a previous relationship, and its great. Anyway moving on my real love is football and FM. Football team is well the mighty, the great, Macclesfield Town.

Username SJFunk

Real name - Simon J. Corner (As per most of my stories would involve him in some way - 9/10 as a player.

About Me - Played all footy manager games since SI left CM. Played CM before that. Have wrote one story before "The Rise of a Nobody" but that has had to end abruptly due to accidental deletion of that particular save... Will be starting a new one soon though.

Avid football fan, supporter of the Mighty Pools of Hartlepool. Avid game player of Football Manager, although you'll notice I may fizzle out at some parts of story when I get a new PS3 game that I'll get into, but FM is one that I keep coming back to most of the time. I am the same age as the player character of myself. Born December 29th 86. Which is the same D.o.B as I will use when running a player of myself. Otherwise my manager will have the 29th of December with a different year as the D.o.B.

All in all that makes me 22, although coming up shortly to 23. (Damn i'm getting old.)

User Name : ashton321

About me : Well where to begin. I was born in Liverpool but moved to Cheshire at the age of 14. I work as a Legal Executive (same job as a solicitor, but jsut costs less money to get there) in a Solicitors Firm. I deal with mainly industrial disease and accidents at work, all very exciting stuff. I live with my partner and her child from a previous relationship, and its great. Anyway moving on my real love is football and FM. Football team is well the mighty, the great, Macclesfield Town.

Best team in the world!

Username: greenjonty09

About Me: Been playing CM since CM93 and every year up until the split, then becoming an FM man. Haven't really got on with FM09 as much as I'd have liked, partly due to not having as much time as I used to. Hoping that FM10 will spark a renaissance. Support Hendon of the Ryman League and am on the Supporters' Trust Board there, we're just in the process of transferring the ownership of the club to the Trust - we're hoping to get it rubber stamped by the FA in the next couple of months or so. What brings me to FMS then? Well, whilst wasting time at work over the last 9 months or so I've been able to surreptitiously play FM08 and have managed to go through 18 seasons as Paul Tillingson (A record for a career by some 14 seasons on any CM/FM game for me). For some sad reason I like to keep spreadsheet records of results, teams and appearances of my games and thought that my experiences might make interesting reading. Whether or not I'm successful I'll leave for others to judge!

Username: Mavericktango II ( I had well over 1000 posts as mavericktango untill the log-in fiasco a few years back robbed me of that username)

Real Name Nigel Laverick

About Me Aged 50, I have been playing CM/FM since CM2 and although I remember the early versions with fondness (Thierry Henry was a staple signing of mine long before Arsenal introduced him to England) I am very much looking forward to the possibilities the FM10 editors will bring.

I wrote several stories under the 'mavericktango' username including my favourite "Heart of Scotland" for the scottish players only challenge but I think I've yet to post under my new incarnation. I'm planning though a story for FM10 with a backdrop of radical changes to the home counties league structure caused by the credit crunch and many clubs going to the wall. Haven't yet decided if I will manage a club in one of the altered structures or whether I should just report it from an overview.

I have lived in several places including Brighton, Cardiff and Oxford, currently residing in Leeds. A QPR supporter since the start of the 80's, I have been a football **** since moving north and have had season tickets at Leeds (2003 :thdn::D) and Huddersfield before my current northern 'squeeze' Man City who I started going out with in 2006. I had an involvement with Oxford City at one time as Treasurer of the social club but have yet to really get into the northern non-league scene

Username - JEinchy

Real Name - Jamie Einchcomb (the clue is in the username ;))

Age - 16

About Me - I feel so young looking at the ages of other people here... but anyway. I was born in Basildon, 29th March 1993 and have lived here in this small town since. I'm currently a college student down at South East Essex College (SEEC), in Southend-on-sea, and I'm studying ICT (a BTEC in case you're interested).

I've been an Arsenal fan pretty much my whole life although I nearly supported Manchester United. Nearly. My dad managed to pull me away from the dark side and into the light. I only started playing Football Manager back in 2005, but have been hooked ever since. So much so that I broke out of my usual sleeping pattern this morning just to go buy FM2010 before it was sold out. Well worth the £29.99 and the agonising walk to the town centre and back again.

You may or may not have seen my futile attempts at a story in these forums. All three attempts didn't go so well, but I'm hoping to put that right this year.

• 2 weeks later...

User Name: shefellover93

About me: Born and bred in Cork, Ireland. Really love this city, maybe not all of those who inhabit it but it is a nice enough city full of culture and sport! Big football fan, also like to dabble my hand at a spot of cricket but not that big into it. Currently playing in goal for the Greenwood u18 side (3 years over the age group I should be playing for) hoping to play for my favourite team Cork City next season in their u17 team. Going out with a girl whom I love very much for about 3 months, my first managing game was CM4 and my first Football Manager was actually 2009!

As mentioned I am a massive Cork City fan, I do the drumming on the terrace for the matches and travel to a good few away games as well as going to every home match. It's always been my dream to play for City (One I thought would never be realised until I took back up soccer 4 months ago) and every training session and game I have this season will be towards playing for them. That's about it, spending my time going to school, loving my girlfriend, supporting City and playing soccer (And FM of course)

Laters

User Name: archie#10

About Me: Born in Mornington, Victoria, Australia and lived here or near by my entire life. A beautiful seaside town and we live minutes from the beach which is fantastic. Melbourne Victory is my local footballing passion. It's a young club in the A-League which is in only it's fifth season. We are the most successful club in the league with two titles. I am a member there and go to all home games. Favourite player there is Archie Thompson (hence the user name). Liverpool is my England team and has been since I was born thanks to an uncle who was England at the time bringing me back some baby clothes which I still have. My dream is to watch a game at Anfield but unfortunately that still a dream for a few more years at least.

The first football game I went to was in 1997. I was 8 and it was at the famous MCG. Australia vs Iran. World Cup Qualifier. Australia coached by Terry Venables held Iran 1-1 away and were 2-0 up at the G' and apparently cruising. Iran scored twice late to qualify on away goals. Everyone was crying. It was the first time I'd seen my old man cry. It was pretty shattering. I was in Sydney though in 2005 when we beat Uruguay in a shootout to qualify for Germany and cried again. Much happier tears.

Username: Celtic_1967

Real Name Mike

About Me What would you like to know? I'm 30, married and have a 2 year old daughter. I'm back and writing my story for a reason. I have been suffering some depression problems lately and I find the writing helps focus my mind away from the problems. Apart from that I've found I really enjoy it. I actually don't really care about veiws or comments on my story as that was never what this is about for me.

Much as I like it when I know others are enjoying and reading along I would continue to write it if no-one else was reading it.

Hmmmm, somehow I missed this (shows how much notice I take outside my own story these days - sorry guys!)

Username - flipsix3

Real Name - Dave

Age - 40 (shhh!)

About Me

FM player (but fairly infrequent these days), insurance underwriter, amateur photographer (shameless plug: stick my username between www. and .co.uk and you'll see what I mean), music fan, movie fanatic, and occasional maker-up-of-numbers at 5-a-side.

Started writing for CMS (as it was then) because I found story-telling a way of keeping my interest in a game going... although my current opus has a save file that's not been loaded for 3 or 4 months!! Used to be more a part of the communiy than I am now, and I apologise that I don't really read much of other people's work, in truth I would probably have drifted away (again!) some time ago if I didn't still have around 200 pages of saved stuff for my tale.

Oh, and the header paragraph on the FMS forum is down to me too.... sorry ;)

Username - Welwyn

Real Name - Steve Moore

Age - 21

About Me - Well, I'm a BA (Hons) Sports Journalism graduate from Luton although I have strong Welsh roots and am a Welshman through and through. I am currently working voluntarily on Luton Town for Diverse FM until I can get a paid job in the media. Having said that, as a die-hard Hatter, I'm more than happy with life at the minute.

Also, I play disabled cricket England international & errrr that's about it.

User Name: shefellover93

About me: Born and bred in Cork, Ireland. Really love this city, maybe not all of those who inhabit it but it is a nice enough city full of culture and sport! Big football fan, also like to dabble my hand at a spot of cricket but not that big into it. Currently playing in goal for the Greenwood u18 side (3 years over the age group I should be playing for) hoping to play for my favourite team Cork City next season in their u17 team. Going out with a girl whom I love very much for about 3 months, my first managing game was CM4 and my first Football Manager was actually 2009!

As mentioned I am a massive Cork City fan, I do the drumming on the terrace for the matches and travel to a good few away games as well as going to every home match. It's always been my dream to play for City (One I thought would never be realised until I took back up soccer 4 months ago) and every training session and game I have this season will be towards playing for them. That's about it, spending my time going to school, loving my girlfriend, supporting City and playing soccer (And FM of course)

Laters

How are the floods ? Dont mind those bullies slagging you over saying soccer :D :D

Username: Celtic_1967

Real Name Mike

About Me What would you like to know? I'm 30, married and have a 2 year old daughter. I'm back and writing my story for a reason. I have been suffering some depression problems lately and I find the writing helps focus my mind away from the problems. Apart from that I've found I really enjoy it. I actually don't really care about veiws or comments on my story as that was never what this is about for me.

Much as I like it when I know others are enjoying and reading along I would continue to write it if no-one else was reading it.

Inside leg?

• 2 weeks later...

User Name: NDBrennan

About me: Born in Cork, live in Dublin, Ireland. Just finished a Master's Degree and like large swathes of young people, currently looking for work. Huge football fan, mainly La Liga, Serie A and the Primera División in Argentina. I support Napoli, Banfield and Real Betis in those leagues. Apart from Football, I also love rugby. I used to play it in school and was far better at it than football. Also love music and movies as well.

I've been playing the CM/FM Series since CM2 many moons ago and have migrated to FM since the split. My fav game in CM 01/02. I built so many great teams on that game but my favourite was my Banfield side that won the Copa Libertadores four times in six seasons. Writing my first story on the site now on an Irish guy managing Espanyol. Should be interesting to try and get them competitive using FM 2008! Haven't decided whether or not to buy 2010. Bought 09 and found it too glitchy for me. Hope the new one runs a little smoother.

How are the floods ? Dont mind those bullies slagging you over saying soccer :D

They were good enough actually, was chatting to one the other day and he loves the place;)

In all seriousness, didn't really affect me because I live on the Southside but in school we had no toilets or drinking water (and still carried on with the smell of sewers:mad:) All calmed down now though, the FOOTBALL matches are continuing again tomorrow as well:cool:

They were good enough actually, was chatting to one the other day and he loves the place;)

In all seriousness, didn't really affect me because I live on the Southside but in school we had no toilets or drinking water (and still carried on with the smell of sewers:mad:) All calmed down now though, the FOOTBALL matches are continuing again tomorrow as well:cool:

Old news now anyway ffs :D

Username - Unknown Hacker

Real Name - James

Age - 19 (not 29 as it says on my control panel)

About Me

To be honest, not a lot I can tell, I just like FM and forgot the password on my old account, when I was midway through writing a story. Bit of a bummer, but my writing then was so much cruder. I am writing here because my passion for career games is neglected elsewhere in my opinion.

Archived