*OFFICIAL* FMS Introductions Thread

sherm

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that FM10 is BY FAR the superior game. The match preparation addition was such a good idea, yet in time honoured SI fashion they managed to completely balls it up. Plus they made the match engine worse. The addition of agents was about the only improvement in the whole game.

I didn't buy FM10 because I found it unplayable in the demo so maybe all I'm seeing is the improvements from 09 to 10. What don't you like about the match engine? It's the first version where I feel like my tactics have an effect on how well my defense is performing and the first version I'm seeing a realistic variety of goals from different plays and varying locations. I just ignore match preparation.

By the 10.3 patch I think the match engine was very good and in FM11 there's just an accumulation of little tweaks and changes, each of which in my experience makes it a little worse (such as over reacting to people who couldn't get wingers to work by making them overly powerful). It's certainly still a better engine than many versions of the game, but a step backwards from FM10. And the fact that you ignore the match preparation pretty much illustrates my point. That should be a brilliant addition and enable you to train your players to be comfortable in different systems, but instead pretty much all you can do is train them in three different strategies within the same formation, and as such they effectively make the touchline shouts redundant, as any shout that your players aren't familiar with will just trigger an absolute plummet in performance.

Archived