High Scoring Centre Backs at Corners

Nidge69

Doesn't have to be a CB, it's just someone who has high stats in jumping and heading. :thup:

Hopey

Are there any other bugs in the game that benefit your team?

Plus, please can you close my rigged game thread because it is really dragging on now?

Cheers!

Doesn't have to be a CB, it's just someone who has high stats in jumping and heading. :thup:

In that case I might switch over to two strikers and let their stats sort it out. The DCs scoring make it impossible to rate if they're actually good DCs or not; their game rating is insanely inflated when they score because they're not usually in scoring positions.

micah richards is by the far the best ive seen at this. 32 goals he got this season, 2nd highest in league. monster

Same here, but not that many goals, 20 or something, didn't play all games. For some reason, he is scoring constantly from corners and Dunne with same settings in same position (with better attributes) is not... Go figure...

Just look out for the tallest you can find (at least 6'3) and make sure they have high jumping and heading stats (at least 16).

When i was Liverpool manager i bought a player specifically to score in this role. As you can see he hit 43 in 50 games in all comps and 32 in the Premiership in 2018/19, making him Europes top scorer that season. I left shortly after the start of the next season and suddenly the goals dried up!!

38208649.png

w1088.png

You can also employ a striker to do this role, can work better as they are more likely to have a higher finishing stat than a defender. I did it with a striker when i was at PSV:

56373889.png

w1088.png

Corluka, Regularly got 15 goals + a season in my spurs save. When Man U offered me the job i tried to bring him with me but spurs wouldn't take anything less than £40m.......

So step up...... Vidic, 3 in my 1st 4 games as Utd gaffer.

Also, in league 2 or league 1 Rossi Jarvis is a beast from corners too.

Leo

John Terry

Alex

to name but a few

Gerard Pique. 2nd season. He got me 19 goals in all competitions. 15 in the league. he finished 3rd top scorer. Jointly with Nihat of Villarreal. Not bad. Although Xavi does deliver some lovely corners

Interesting that you have a central midfielder taking your corners and not a winger. Do you not find this leaves your team short in central midfield and therefore open to a quick counter attack if your corner breaks down?

• 2 weeks later...

I usually put a young defender whom I want to develope into the scoring position as a goal boosts their ratings while on the other hand their stats aren't developed enough to get crazy goal scoring records.

That said, Djourou makes an excellent goal-scoring defender, more so comparatively than Toure and Gallas.

Archived