Former CM stars in real life

dellers

Mark Kerr - CM - Falkirk. Could walk into ANY team, in Any country at the age of 17/19 (cant remember which) And single handedly rule the midfield for at least 15yrs. Now plaing for one of the Dundees i think but never reached his 'God like' status from CM

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He plays for a side that play in the champions league every season, hardly tiny. :confused:

Helps if you knew what you were talking about, Delgado plays as a link man for Benzema, he's not a striker he's a creative midfielder either on the wings or behind the front man. He's scored three times, and got one assist, he’s just come back from injury. You've clearly not seen him play in real life. :thup:

Too bad he is a striker and meant to score...

He hasnt scored 3 times in the league has he..

:rolleyes: Dont cry.

Too bad he is a striker and meant to score...

He hasnt scored 3 times in the league has he..

:rolleyes: Dont cry.

Did you even read what I said? Clearly not if you are still banging on about him being a striker.

He's scored twice in the league but there's no real point me continuing a reasonable debate with you when you clearly don't read what other have put.

Mark Kerr - CM - Falkirk. Could walk into ANY team, in Any country at the age of 17/19 (cant remember which) And single handedly rule the midfield for at least 15yrs. Now plaing for one of the Dundees i think but never reached his 'God like' status from CM

Currently at Aberdeen irl :) Playing quite well for us as well.

Cesar Delgado is not struggling for Lyon now in real life for your information; he has found his feet and put in many excellent performances this season. :)

He was slowly rotated into the side to get used to europe. He's doing very well indeed as you say. Got injured just when he was catching fire, but now he's back again :)

What's wrong with his personality?

Well, Paím's personality is....well....in the words of the former youth national team wardrobe guy (no idea what the word in english is for that particular job): "Mother****er is crazy. Born in the ghetto and it shows. Brought a gun to practice once and threatened teammates."

He is a striker, played 13 times and score once..

That sounds Exellent...

:thdn:

Left winger. Sometimes plays off the striker in the center.

He plays for a side that play in the champions league every season, hardly tiny. :confused:

Well yes, but to be fair I kinda expected him to have a 'worldwide' reputation (so to speak) with the talent he has, much like his compatriots Tevez and Messi.

Kim Källström. Originally from Häcken. Now he plays for Sweden and Lyon. Was very good in CM around 2000.

And Marcin Haracimowitz. He was good in one CM version, but I don't think he is setting the international footballing stage at fire these days.

I am not sure of the version, but there was one year, where Peterbrough United had a number of youngsters, who could walk into any top team after a couple of years!!

David Livermore

Simion Davies

Matthew Ethington

The Goal Keeper as well, cant remember his name

De La Cuesta, Todorov, Guarin and Roncatto; I always bought but i never saw them again after a year or two, and in real life never heard about them (guarin i did, but never anything special).

Kaka was a good buy when he was still in argentinia as AM/F RC, Saviola of course.

ps; oh en Braathen! Sherman Cardenas (or what was his name ?) both never heard from irl.

I've been trying to think of Deisler's name for like 3 years. Thank you for bringing that up.

Lukas Podolski has never really lived up to his FM ability, neither did Schweinsteiger. Still can't understand how players with such good international records can play so poorly for their club.

Yes Schweinsteiger is rubbish and never lived up to his "FM ability", just starred at the World Cup in 2006 and at Euro 2008 last summer. :rolleyes:

Lol how great he was

249-Maxim-Tsigalko.jpg

OMG he was my first buy...

and i used to get his awsome brother too yuri tsigalko!!!

Damn i miss those guys although Yuri Tsigalko may still be found!

Franco Costanzo....was he at River Plate? AWSOME KEEPER think he moved to athletico madrid but cant be sure on that...

Then there was Fredy William Thompson ^^some-one mentioned above.

Freddy Guarin once a world beater

There were a few sweedish players to, lunderson or something of that nature...and at AIK- Daniel Hoch, and a lundvigson (sp)

Aww and old favourites> Dwight Pezzarossi (sp) days....what a free he was i wish i still had my 01/02 champ'man' just to see the development haha, just text games make me laugh.... and getting sent off for headbutting the ref>>>legendary!

Tsigalko once signed for Marítimo over here. I looked forward to seeing him at the stadium when Marítimo came over to play....he broke a leg the day before the game. ouch. He was released later that year. never heard of him again.

De La Cuesta, Todorov, Guarin and Roncatto; I always bought but i never saw them again after a year or two, and in real life never heard about them (guarin i did, but never anything special).

Roncatto was fantastic at the U-17 world cup....then his agent tricked him and ran away with all his money and he got depressed. The depression plus a bucketload of injuries and his career went down the drain. He's still a good player though.

ps; oh en Braathen! Sherman Cardenas (or what was his name ?) both never heard from irl.

Braaten's a Norwegian international IRL. played for bolton :)

And Marcin Haracimowitz. He was good in one CM version, but I don't think he is setting the international footballing stage at fire these days.

Marcin Harasimowicz was quite promising polish striker. Anyway, he was very injury prone IRL and becouse of the persisting knee problem/injury, he retired at the age of 25yo IIRC. He is a football journalist today :D

Seth Johnson ... once a great DMC in CM. IRL, he chose Derby over Liverpool many years ago, now not sure where he is.

A succession of injuries at Leeds after a £7million move was basically his end. Though after leaving Leeds in 2005 he joined Derby again, but was released upon there promotion the the Premier League in 2007, and has been without a club ever since.

OMG he was my first buy...

and i used to get his awsome brother too yuri tsigalko!!!

Damn i miss those guys although Yuri Tsigalko may still be found!

Franco Costanzo....was he at River Plate? AWSOME KEEPER think he moved to athletico madrid but cant be sure on that...

Then there was Fredy William Thompson ^^some-one mentioned above.

Freddy Guarin once a world beater

There were a few sweedish players to, lunderson or something of that nature...and at AIK- Daniel Hoch, and a lundvigson (sp)

Aww and old favourites> Dwight Pezzarossi (sp) days....what a free he was i wish i still had my 01/02 champ'man' just to see the development haha, just text games make me laugh.... and getting sent off for headbutting the ref>>>legendary!

Have to agree the Tsigalko's used to be soo good until FM07 when thay couldn't be found

Helps if you knew what you were talking about, Delgado plays as a link man for Benzema, he's not a striker he's a creative midfielder either on the wings or behind the front man. He's scored three times, and got one assist, he’s just come back from injury. You've clearly not seen him play in real life. :thup:

To be fair, some really tiny teams get champions league every season due to their league being incredibly easy- linfield would be an example :thup:

Anyone remember the Collyer brothers for Cambridge? It was on CM1 and was ALWAYS my first buy!

(I know they wrote the game but this is about God-like players who havent made it as a God IRL!) Although I suppose they are Gods for creating this game.........

Helps if you knew what you were talking about, Delgado plays as a link man for Benzema, he's not a striker he's a creative midfielder either on the wings or behind the front man. He's scored three times, and got one assist, he’s just come back from injury. You've clearly not seen him play in real life. :thup:[/QUyour ryt bout delgado his a linkman

Carl Laurie deserves a mention. He was a brilliant buy from Crewe back in the day.

Just seeing the names Nii Lamptey and Tonton Zola Moukoko makes me happy. I hold them in the highest esteem as they are from a time when I was just a boy. I have had so many good players since then but those guys will always be the embodiment of CM/FM heroes to me.

To be fair, some really tiny teams get champions league every season due to their league being incredibly easy- linfield would be an example :thup:

Your comparing Linfield with Lyon? :D

How many times has Linfield been in the group stages of the Champions League? Or gotten into the knockout round or further? Qualifying stages for the Champions League aren't quite the same as Lyon who play regularly in the Champions League is it now...

Compare Lyon and Linfield in the last seven or eight years on a European record. Linfield is tiny, Lyon is not.

Your comparing Linfield with Lyon? :D

How many times has Linfield been in the group stages of the Champions League? Or gotten into the knockout round or further? Qualifying stages for the Champions League aren't quite the same as Lyon who play regularly in the Champions League is it now...

Compare Lyon and Linfield in the last seven or eight years on a European record. Linfield is tiny, Lyon is not.

Surely you can see that on a top level, Lyon aren't a massive club. PSG & Marseille have a bigger history in the French League, and if you were to compare Lyon to Real, Barca, Milan, Inter, Utd, Liverpool etc, you would class Lyon as smaller. I can see the initial point that was made, if rather poorly

Surely you can see that on a top level, Lyon aren't a massive club. PSG & Marseille have a bigger history in the French League, and if you were to compare Lyon to Real, Barca, Milan, Inter, Utd, Liverpool etc, you would class Lyon as smaller. I can see the initial point that was made, if rather poorly

Of course Lyon isn’t in the same category as Real, Barca, Milan etc. That is down to a few factors, League reputation is one of them. Lyon, Bordeaux, PSG, Marseille are all big clubs in there own right. But the perception that any French club is tiny is wrong, which a lot of people seem to think these days. :thdn:

Of course Lyon isn’t in the same category as Real, Barca, Milan etc. That is down to a few factors, League reputation is one of them. Lyon, Bordeaux, PSG, Marseille are all big clubs in there own right. But the perception that any French club is tiny is wrong, which a lot of people seem to think these days. :thdn:

That's because alot of people have no idea what they are talking about, as they only have one view set in their mind, in this case that French side are small clubs, and refuse to see the wood for the trees.

Calling Lyon a small club, would have been like calling Leeds United a small club when they were in the Champions League back in the early 2000's. And they hadn't rarely been in the Champions League/European Cup in their history.

I would class Lyon having a larger rep than say Villa, A. Madrid, Fioentina, etc. though. They're a 2nd tier team, which is what Cesar Delgado should be playing for, I mean hell he played in Mexico until he was 26. Not saying he's bad at all, but how could anyone think he was supposed to be world class. He was even oldish(by FM standards) when he was good on FM at around 23ish. So it's not like he was a wonderkid.

Archived