Former CM stars in real life

dellers

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helder Postiga - If only his impact in England was anything like that on CM 03/04.

Dean Marney - Class on CM4 but aint nothing special in real life.

Michael Chopra - I could get him to score regularly on CM4, but he dont score many for cardiff

Daniel Braathen - CM4

Johan Elmander - That was a succesful prediction, hes done well at Bolton

Andrea Isaksson - Very good Goalkeeper on CM4, but couldnt get in the Man City team even before they were taken over by billionaires.

Kasper Schmeichel - Another one who was good on the old CMs, but cant get into any top teams.

Sanli Tuncay - Weird how my Champ manager game managed to predict his move to Middlesbrough 3 years before it happened, but he was unbelievable on CM4.

Yes, Giovanni dos Santos is still young and could still improve, but to go from Barcelona to Ipswich in less than two seasons seems like a big drop.

To think he was in the same team as the likes of Lionel Messi and Bojan, who have gone on to greater things.

I do hope I am proved wrong though, and that he lives up to his potential.

Gio Dos Santos :D

Just signed for my club, Ipswich Town,im over the moon to be honest, I just hope to see him in action tonight against Burnley, and also hope, that over the last 9 games of the season, he can provide what we need for our play-off push :)

lets just hope he lives up to all the hype :)

GIO GIO GIO

But as someone else has said, what on earth has happened to Lulinha :O? signed him for my QPR team on FM08 for his £8million pound release clause, and, well, became a legend really, but, on fm09? hes poor? :(!!!

My all time favourite was probably Anatoli Todorov, he was simply amazing. When combined with the Diablo tactic he scored like 100 goals a season lol. Could have been cm4?

In the older games I've been fond of Cherno Samba he always turned out brilliant, Sherman Cardenas, Daniel Andersson, Leobang Mokoena, Charles-Andre Doudin. Andersson is the only one I've actually heard of irl and he's not that good, but in one of the older games he was the biggest steal of all time. More recently Federico Fazio is simply amazing, i've never actually watched him irl but he is my must buy in fm09 and was in 08 aswell. He was much cheaper but just as good in previous years, only younger so more time to develop.

There have been plenty along the way who were desparately overrated but the names just don't come to me at the moment. I'm thinking 07 where there was Eddie Johnson, some scandanavian kid who could play ANY position on the park, Dalla Valle (who could still be anything), some Swedish targetman who seems to have disappeared that was a young gun, Eduardo Ratinho... man this thread brings back memories.

My all time favourite was probably Anatoli Todorov, he was simply amazing. When combined with the Diablo tactic he scored like 100 goals a season lol. Could have been cm4?

In the older games I've been fond of Cherno Samba he always turned out brilliant, Sherman Cardenas, Daniel Andersson, Leobang Mokoena, Charles-Andre Doudin. Andersson is the only one I've actually heard of irl and he's not that good, but in one of the older games he was the biggest steal of all time. More recently Federico Fazio is simply amazing, i've never actually watched him irl but he is my must buy in fm09 and was in 08 aswell. He was much cheaper but just as good in previous years, only younger so more time to develop.

There have been plenty along the way who were desparately overrated but the names just don't come to me at the moment. I'm thinking 07 where there was Eddie Johnson, some scandanavian kid who could play ANY position on the park, Dalla Valle (who could still be anything), some Swedish targetman who seems to have disappeared that was a young gun, Eduardo Ratinho... man this thread brings back memories.

Lot's of my faves in there. Cardenas is still only about 19, him and Guarin were my favourite midfield pairing on fm05/06. The scandanavian kid apparently paid some researcher to give him those stats..

Marcelo, who has become great, signed for £5.5 million from Fluminense

Leyrielton, I believe from Goais, quite cheap, became very good but I believe is still in Brazil (Though has time on his side)

Leroy Fer, from Feyenoord, good player, still in Holland

Eduardo Rubio, used to sign cheap, good winger, on loan at Basel now

Some class players I'd sign on FM2007

Ibrahima Bakayoko - Legend on 97/98, played for everton for a bit, not sure where he is now like.

Oooops didnt see early post still worth a mention again

I think he's retired, and doing some charity work in Nigeria.

I think he's retired, and doing some charity work in Nigeria.

Ibrahima Bakayoko (born December 31, 1976 in Seguela) is a striker for the Côte d'Ivoire. He Plays for PAOK.

On June 19, 2008 he joined PAOK for a year.Bakayoko is a former international for Côte d'Ivoire. He made his first appearance for The Elephants in 1996.

Wiki :thup:

Mark Smith was great for those that remember Champ Man in the mid 90s. Can't remember which one exactly, (perhaps CM 96/97? correct me if i'm wrong). Could be picked up from Bristol Rovers for a pittance and was the bedrock of my Liverpool defence for a decade - where is he now? Also on CM 97/98 Andy O'brien was a defensive rock with over 100 caps who captained club and country, and now an average slightly error prone prem defender.

Ibrahima Bakayoko (born December 31, 1976 in Seguela) is a striker for the Côte d'Ivoire. He Plays for PAOK.

On June 19, 2008 he joined PAOK for a year.Bakayoko is a former international for Côte d'Ivoire. He made his first appearance for The Elephants in 1996.

Wiki :thup:

Oh no. I mistook him for another African Toffee.

Daniel Amokachi. :o

some blasts form the past there....goign back even further, I give you sol campbell as a 40 goal a year striker..Darren Eadie for 50k taking the mick out of every defence in the game, Mark Flatts an england regular, or a bit later on, I signed robert taylor from brentforf...him neil, lennon, danny murphy and a lleft back called jens todt were my attacking maistros for arsenal in 96/97...taylor got like 90 goals in a season...

Danny Murphy now captains Fulham

Neil Lennon is now a coach for Celtic.

Archived