Former CM stars in real life

dellers

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erik Nevland certainly in one of the earlier versions of CM.

Ipswich have also produced a few like Richard Wright, Kieron Dyer and Titus Bramble

Another one i remember buying often was Dean Richards.

How about... Supat Rungratsamee? I don't even know if he was/is a real player. He was only really young and at Portsmouth at the start of the game, can't remember which FM though. He turned into a good player.

EDIT: Come to think about it, I think it was before FM and on the CM series when he was good...

One of my friends recently added him on facebook.........

Tó Madeira.. CM 01/02 ;) well before they pacthed it.

Maxim Tsigalko - Him and Maderia would score around 100 between them a season!

Kim Källström.. one of the best MC on the game..

Kallstrom is a well respected mid irl though.

You should read the opening post more carefully;

Which players who you first heard of through FM/CM have made it to real stardom, and who has fallen by the wayside?

Can name players who make, and players who dont. ;)

SANTON! Inters first choice RB and he kept Ronaldo quiet at the San Siro!

I think you'll find that Douglas Maicon is Internazionales first choice right-back.

I also don't think you could not have been watching the Inter - United match at the San Siro if you think Santon, (who played at left-back that evening), kept Ronaldo quiet during the game. I am not saying he didn't play well against Ronaldo, but to say he kept him quiet is quite preposterous.

Feels like ive been playing FM for ages now! Signed my fair share of "rare talents" over the years. Always pleasing to sign players in the game that 4-5 years later they become superstars in real life...

Several i can think of:

Marcelo - brazilian (Madrid) - First signed him back in 04/05 from Flumenise (spelling!)

Lucas - brazilian (Liverpool) - First signed off Gremio back in 03/04!! awesome!!

Rafael Carioca - brazilian (Russia now i think) - First got him from a low level Brazilian club, then signed for Gremio!! think hes just signed for Spartak but not sure!!

Aquino - Spanish (Murcia) - Stil only 18, breaking into the first team, but signed about 4-5 years ago and he looks amazing! left foot, eye for goal.. sensation in fm08!

Carlos Vela - Mexican (Arsenal) - First purchased him from Chivas about 5-6 years ago! now a wonderkid! awesome to say the least!

Messi - (Barcelona) - Back in 04 i signed him after he toured Australia with Barcelona youths! obviously today he is one of the worlds best! probably my most prolific signing that has turned into a god!!

Gionvanni Dos Santos (tottenham) - Same as Messi, he toured aswell with the Barcelona youths! awesome player, needs to be at a better club, but hes pure talent!! Bojan was also on the tour, but didnt rate him!! lol...

Im sure there are plenty more!!! but they are just a few!!

Gionvanni Dos Santos (tottenham) - Same as Messi, he toured aswell with the Barcelona youths! awesome player, needs to be at a better club, but hes pure talent!! Bojan was also on the tour, but didnt rate him!! lol...

Don't see how, considering how he has flopped at Tottenham thus far.

some blasts form the past there....goign back even further, I give you sol campbell as a 40 goal a year striker..Darren Eadie for 50k taking the mick out of every defence in the game, Mark Flatts an england regular, or a bit later on, I signed robert taylor from brentforf...him neil, lennon, danny murphy and a lleft back called jens todt were my attacking maistros for arsenal in 96/97...taylor got like 90 goals in a season...

lionel morgan!!! wimbledon cm03/04 ws class, he's retired now due to injury

When Wimbledon used to always go into administration I would steal him and Reo Coker every game I played.

Also Tijani Babangida and Shane Tudor - dont know how they got on?

Kaka was a good buy when he was still in argentinia as AM/F RC.

Kaká is Brazilian (a product of São Paulo's youth setup), and never played in Argentina.

Thiago Motta and Rustu maybe? Both pleyed for Barca and were regulars but now they've faded away...

Rustu actually did not fade away. He was 30 when he signed for Barcelona. Now playing for Besiktas at the age of 36.

Had over 100 games for Turkey and played in EURO 2008.

some blasts form the past there....goign back even further, I give you sol campbell as a 40 goal a year striker..Darren Eadie for 50k taking the mick out of every defence in the game, Mark Flatts an england regular, or a bit later on, I signed robert taylor from brentforf...him neil, lennon, danny murphy and a lleft back called jens todt were my attacking maistros for arsenal in 96/97...taylor got like 90 goals in a season...

I remember Darren Eadie, he was good on CM as well,

Tuncay on fm 2005 was absolutely awesome. I never signed him but everytime he played his value was at around £40m after a few seasons. Sergio Ramos and Leo Messi were nowhere near as good as they've become on fm 2006. I bought them based on real life and sold them to Championship teams after a couple of years!

lionel morgan!!! wimbledon cm03/04 ws class, he's retired now due to injury
When Wimbledon used to always go into administration I would steal him and Reo Coker every game I played.

Also Tijani Babangida and Shane Tudor - dont know how they got on?

i'd completely forgotten about Lionel Morgan but he has to be one of my favorite all time signings!

Peter Madsen from brondby...incredible player he used to be in the very early 00/01 Cham Mans but never made it big irl.

Ronaldinho at Gremio would buy for 20mil in the first one he appeared, didnt sign for PSG until a few years later but he was incredible in CM well before he came to Europe.

Some who didn't make it to the very very top despite being CM gods: saviola, aimar, denilson, harry kewell, alex (currently at fenebache)

Some others who were unbelievable on FM but never quite hit the same level:

rafael van der vaart

abubakari yakubu

mido

And then some people who I don't believe the CM/FM scouts actually picked up before they became truly awesome:

Rooney

Messi

Kaka

Fabregas

That video brought up another name Alex Notman. Whatever happened to him.

He was playing for Norwich when he had to retire in 2003 due to injury. He came back to football, although semi professionally, at Kings Lyn in early 2004, but again had to retire due to his persistent injury problems.

He then came out of injury again in 2007 and signed for Boston, before joining Wrexham. He is now doing his coaching badges.

i remember cristiansen! what about magne hoseth?

aimar has had a successful career but how much did he participate in those games and how involved was he? At Valencia he came under a big reputation but fell out with managers and I always thought he was not much more than a bitpart player, same for Argentina. As a player I don't think he hit the heights that his attributes in CM/FM suggested.

Archived