Bojan released on a free at end of 1st season!?!?!?!

I've had Aquafresca, Wellback, Ramsey, Insua, Bojan all released on a free in my game in 9.02

Unluckily for me I'm too low down the pecking order to pick any of them up.

Keep the list coming! Looks like im going up in the first season with Wolves and some of these would be dynamite, and i could turn a huge profit on them!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've just rang a bell for me there. Thanks.

We do have something very similar to this logged but obviously it's still a problem.

What I've noticed is all the clubs that released those players, have bought someone well known for the main (natural) position that they play in, obviously knocking them down the pecking order.

Yeah, this is quite worrying. I haven't played enough with the new patch to notice it myself, and I'm on my Christmas holiday now, but it sounds like there is a certain problem. This really ruins the integrity of the game if it's correct, since the game needs to do what would be expected, and releasing Bojan on a free transfer ruins the logic of everything. Also, it adds to one of the things that makes managing for human managers too easy, like Machester City buying off their players.

I haven't seen Bojan be as good in any other edition as he is in this one. He's a really good players, and with my altered database, patch 9.1, where I made Gimnastica a top 3 Primera División team (and given them Bojan, among others), he always turns into a world class striker for them, and has stuck for them 5-6 seasons in every long-term test I have run.

oh. This doesn’t sound like it’s going to be a quick fix then. Like Bondon........ explains it ruins the whole integrity of your game world, this is a major bug, and something that will stop me from playing.

Chris could this sort of thing be fixed with a mini patch, or is do you guys not really class this a show stopper.... and therefore release a fix with the next major patch??

The thing is, I've started several times to test this with 9.2 and Bojan has a contract till 2011. I started the game with the default database and Bojan had a contract 'till 2011 in that database as well so it's not a database problem.

In my game he was sold for 28 million euro to Liverpool.

After seeing this thread a made a point of putting both Bojan an Aquino on my shortlist, both their contracts are now expiring and are available on a free in December of first season.

Do you not regard this as wrong?? It shouldn’t be happening.......... I realise it’s fun to sign someone like Bojan on a free, buts its totally unrealistic, and the whole point of playing FM its suppose to try and simulate real life

No it isn't. Not to everyone.

It's hardly a game-breaking bug, if you don't want to sign him on a free, don't do it. If another AI club picks him up it's not different to if they bought him as far as it affects you.

Thats a fair point and duly noted, however I still thinks it ruins the game, as Bojan would never be allowed to just leave the club on a free!!!

I think this is nothing compared to the injury bug. Now that was a game-breaking bug. This, isn't.

As CaptainPlanet said, you are not forced to sign him on a free. Given this shouldn't be happening, but you can safely continue your game without it ruining your game.

I think this is nothing compared to the injury bug. Now that was a game-breaking bug. This, isn't.

As CaptainPlanet said, you are not forced to sign him on a free. Given this shouldn't be happening, but you can safely continue your game without it ruining your game.

I respectfully disagree, this is like Barcelona throwing 25-35 mill away for nothing, to me it changes the whole game world.

I understand it's not realistic, I completely agree with you, mate. However it's not something that should ruin your game. How does it directly ruin your game? You can still continue and enjoy your game, can you not?

It's not as if 80& of your starting 11 were out injured. Now that was something you couldn't continue with. This is hardly the same.

Every single thing that happens in my game affects me. I play FM as much to observe what happens in the game as to manage my own team. I like to think that every action in the game has a ripple effect, which makes it so exciting. That's why I'd like to trust that the game handles everything just as pertinently as I do. Barcelona dropping Bojan is a major change in the game that seems to happen with no motivation. No matter if I or one of my rivals pick him up, it still means that everything that happens in the game loses its value when there apparantly is no logic in it all. If clubs throw away world class players on the free, anything can happen and it's not really worth paying any attention to. This could also to related to myself, for instance if I want to keep track of a player I've sold, only to find that he has been released on a free transfer for no reason at all. And my rivals could sign a league top scorer for free and thus "unfairly" gain advantage for no reason. There is also no fun fighting in fighting intensely over a fairly good striker only to see ten players twice as good as him released on a free transfer every season.

So, to sum-up: In order to enjoy FM, the world in the game needs to have significance. If things such as these happen, all the things of value in the game become meaningless. The reason that I enjoy FM at all is that I get to create my own little world of football. For me, the effect comes in totally reshaping the footballing landscape to my liking through an editor, for others it comes through how their own efforts affect what they already know in the game.

Do you not regard this as wrong?? It shouldn’t be happening.......... I realise it’s fun to sign someone like Bojan on a free, buts its totally unrealistic, and the whole point of playing FM its suppose to try and simulate real life

I never said anything about offering them contracts, just wanted to see if their club would secure them on long term deals or not.

That's just it. This just clearly shows that, yet again, the testing/development team on FM09 are either grossly incompetent or simply don't care.

All the patches have been a disgrace, there is no way that the game should have as many glaring errors, such as this, at this stage of the game's, and company's, history.

That's just it. This just clearly shows that, yet again, the testing/development team on FM09 are either grossly incompetent or simply don't care.

And even if testing was easy with all of us out there logging our errors (hopefully in a constructive way) there are still errors. Now I presume FM has more players than testers so if the game was still in teseting it wouldn't be out until after Christmas. If that happened then everybody would complain about that instead.

I feel sorry for SI they just can't win. Just be grateful we have this (as a rugby fan we have nothing) and if its too erroneous to play then don't play. I for one am enjoying it, warts and all.

Testing isn't quite as easy as you think.

Nope it most certainly isnt and its a never ending cycle, test it, find it, log it, its fixed, test again, find something else, log it, its fixed, test again, its not fixed properly, log it, well you get the idea:)

I dont test for SI but testing is testing and its never the easy ride people think. Also there are variables you just cant account for. If some people are starting a 9.2 game and Bojan is on a three year full time contract and for others its a 1 year youth were barcelona release him then it could be that this has never happened during the testing cycle.

Plus Im sure that SI dont check the contract of every player in every game and may not notice if a player moves on a free. Its not (well for me) a game breaking bug but I do undertand why it would be for others.

But lets look at in perspective it isn't the most significant bug there has been in FM this year and isnt causing anywhere near as many posts as say the ME or Injuries. I could well have only affected a handful of games and will presumably be fixed during the next update.:thup:

Yeah, it's easy. Just time consuming to holiday through a full season on the machine I'm using here :D I'll set it going and see if anyone comes to my aid in the meantime ;)

Can't you just start a new game with a country added that starts from March-June???

I have a thought on the Bojan situation. In every game I've started now, he's been in the U19s rather than the first team, and on a youth contract ending in 2009 rather than a senior contract. What seems to have changed now is that Barcelona don't immediately try and get rid of Eidur Gudjohnsen, and so he takes up one of the slots that Bojan would have as backup striker.

I'm guessing that SI altered Gudjohnsen a bit so that Barca aren't trying to get rid of him all the time, and this has had a knock on effect on the rest of the squad.

Thanks for the offer but I got it in the office earlier :)

I'd be grateful for any more names I should be checking out, though. And preferably saves to go with them ;)

Lauri Dalla Valle, Emiliano Insua, Danny Welbeck, John Bostock, Nathan Delfuenso, Jose Baxter, Jack Wilshere, Ben Sahar, Daniel Sturridge, Andrea Mazzarini, Stefano Okaka, Gai Assulin, Sergio Busquets, etc. There's probably lots more, but I haven't been paying much attention to what's happening in the top flight (maybe it's important that for some of the above players, I'm using my own database in which their PAs were set to -10).

Essentially, a lot of young non-regens with a high CA for their age and a high PA, ie most wonderkids. For some of them, their clubs failed to renew their contracts and they left on bosmans, others never agreed to a contract but are either still with their original club (and sadly, unwilling to join my Forest Green Rovers), or released at some point in the middle of the season.

I'll keep an eye out to see if this happens to any regens. I could upload a save, seems to me though that there isn't anything special about my game, this is happening to everyone.

Not sure if this is the same thing but when the Spainish teams released their players at the end of the second season I sign a regen as he had pretty good stats, my assman says he has the potential to be as good as Bojan after Osasuna had released him for free.

Archived