[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

6 hours ago, snowofman said:

you have to make sure both are in the same container, then it will work

there is some thread around where you can see some solution, just use the search function

Yeah I have tried to follow that along, but every time I feel like I have put it in the same container, it still doesn’t work. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT - Please ignore, I found it! I had a custom match day header panel xml that was causing the change. 

How do I make the top bar wider when the UI goes to the Team Selection > Submit Team page before a match? On my skin, one of the files I've used must've instructed the top bar to become smaller when it goes to these screens (look at the L-shaped 'frames' on the date widget being cut off). Any idea which one it is and how I widen it to the normal height?

image.png.d55517ad53862af5c1a2cf12b8994ba3.png

On every other page in the skin outside of heading into a match, it looks fine. I just don't know which file to tweak to fix the one above.

image.png.c472a4452fc61383bfed317a7b2f1fc4.png

Thanks for your help.

Edited by FMStag

Em 02/11/2023 em 15:01, Jamieashbourne999 disse:

DId you try the code int the panel (\panels\menubar\inbox icon) - maybe the "inset -2" in orange below is causing your problem as the graphic in the file path shows a full circle (this may be completely wrong I don't have time to mess around with it)

<!-- the bit with the number of unread news (text) -->
  <widget class="button" id="ibic" height="20" width="20" size="6" alignment="centre_x, centre_y" appearance="buttons/custom/interface/notification/button" colour="fg">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="-2"/>
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="20"/>
    <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="mgru" set_property="text"/>
    <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="mgru" mode="equal" value="0" set_property="hidn"/>
  </widget>
</panel>

image.png.4f62bd3d63fead3082cc3b2b4b83ea52.png

My button XML is diferent but thanks for the help:
spacer.png

Edited by PequenoGenio

17 minutes ago, snowofman said:

isnt it set in the button_over.xml ?

That's it, thank you.

But I think something is buggy .. yesterday when I was testing something else on my custom skin it was showing purple on a lot of panels when I was hoovering the continue button ( that I have in a different color  - that's how I've noticed it)
But not today.. today I'm getting the purple hoover only on one panel.
Something is strange. 

Edited by BuzzR

3 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

That's it, thank you.

But I think something is buggy .. yesterday when I was testing something else on my custom skin it was showing purple on a lot of panels when I was hoovering the continue button ( that I have in a different color  - that's how I've noticed it)
But not today.. today I'm getting the purple hoover only on one panel.
Something is strange. 

i've noticed some odd things aswell, so you're not alone:) 

image.png.315b5aea80f05835d305a35d2dc198d0.png

<widget class="player_positions_indicator_panel" id="ppos"  height="80">

Where would I find the player position indicator panel? wanting to remove footedness and my brains drawing a complete blank can't seem to find in the player panels or widgets 

On 04/11/2023 at 17:31, Saradiamanta said:

How to change color attribute value in player profile black to white in range 16-20? like in non player profile in picture

20231104_162348_Football_Manager_2024.png

20231104_162403_Football_Manager_2024.png

FM Base.7z 59.04 kB · 0 downloads

I am having the same issue as well where any value of attributes from 16-20 the text appears in black, but anything lower than 16 appears as white which is what I want them to be. The code I use is below

<!-- Attribute value -->
<record index="2" id="val " sort_disabled="true" column_alignment="centre" right="0">
<record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" alignment="centre" font="attributs2" style="semi_bold" colour="white" multiline="false" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/paper"/>
</record>

Edited by Alexpuk2002
Added code

5 minutes ago, Vince_957 said:

How to mantein the loading game panel with the last XI and time into the game and then change the process game panel during the save process?

the new loading page is
game/loading save details panel

it being grabbed from

game processing panel.xml

so you might need to compare those 2 files

23 minutes ago, Jesus Bot said:

Is it possible to use FM23 skin for FM24? Or what changes would I need to make to get it to work?

it's hard to say what needs to be changed as it depends on what has been made in the FM23 skin.

but start with changing the config from 23 to 24 in version number (inside) and then load it up and see

Hi,

Every year I add attribute boxes of my own to a particular skin. But this year there is a slight problem. The colour of the text for an 'excellent attribute' is black even though the colour is set to 'white' in the 'players attribute' panel. Any idea why this is and how to change it? I've tried it on a couple different skins now and get the same results. Thanks for any help.

skin problem fm24.png

Hi, I'm trying to get the matchday background to show the stadium backgrounds that are included in the backgrounds megapack.

I found this old thread that put me on my way:

But I can't seem to get it to work. Can someone spot what the problem with the code is?

<!-- match background picture - displays in match screens but not on pitch/trophy -->
    <widget class="picture" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
      <record id="object_property">
        <integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
        <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
      </record>
      <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="true">
        <list id="get_properties">
            <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view -->
            <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="mpTP" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on trophy presentation -->

<record get_property="MatS" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="false" skip_if_null="true" /> <!-- show on other views -->
        </list>
        <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
      </attachment>
    </widget>

Thanks in advance.

Edited by PIKO

2 hours ago, yahya.duceysane said:

Hi everyone! wanted to make the sub bar (marked area in yellow) in the center. BTW I'm using the WTCS skin. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.19c8cd08f253e478e9c1569423aacef6.png

Also is there a way that I can add player faces in the scout section

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.53ed72acab714d187dbc25b64e5697b2.png

Thanks

replace your current widget in the client object browser with this

<container id="tBAR">
	<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_alignment="middle"/>
		<container class="sections_menu_strip" id="acse" auto_size="horizontal"/>
</container>

the file you need to edit and put the paces id into is 

team/scouting centre panel

7 minutes ago, yahya.duceysane said:

How to add faces? Is there a guide how to add faces in most panels like the suqad view etc. please giude. I'm bit noob. Thanks

there is no guide

but youll have to find the or make the view where you would like to see the faces and then add one of the following from this post

23 minutes ago, j.nthnlm said:

Hi guys, I'm looking to remove this screen from the SaS skin because it doesn't allow for the competition-style lineups animation to come on.

May I know which folder and the name of the file to remove?image.thumb.png.a9a42f221074a11fd4f7ca036f38d5a9.png

Probably the best way is to ask the author of the skin. 

New to the forum but a long time FM/CM player.

I need to find or create a light skin for FM24, not seen any as yet to download, as the dark ones give me headaches.

How would I go about making basic changes like the background and text colours?

Is it easy to do?

thanks

1 hour ago, TCSSkin said:

ahh ok. I was hoping would be easy to just change the background to white or a light blue and the text to black or dark colours...

Is there a walkthrough anywhere on where and how to change them?

Edited by coke_no_ice

52 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

Holy Mackerel! I feel like I am the most disorganised person when it comes to skinning planning compared to yourself and @GIMN  

How would I go about changing the outline colour for boxes on the club profile screen and other areas? the skin I'm using (SAS24) picks up the club colour and it's a bit jarring when it's red or blue or green and I'd prefer it to either be black or removed entirely so it blends into the skin entirely. Thanks

image.thumb.png.56bd67336b7b9ea9cb1d9fa3e72de49d.png 

1 hour ago, PequenoGenio said:

What do i need to do to change the colours of the "CONTINUE" button?

Try the last year file but didn´t work

either the continue xml in panels/generic or you can alter the graphic in graphics/chrome/continue should have an xml you can change

10 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

Light skins are a bit of a pain to get working 100%. I have been using light skins since FM 2005 and have tried to keep them going for my own use since they were discontinued in FM19 I believe. While it is possible to change the background to white and text to black, the main issue I keep coming across is that it is really difficult to find all the areas where the text needs changing to black.

@michaeltmurrayuk was the main person who used to create light base skins that we could edit, but he hasn't been active for a few years now which is a big loss. 

Due to the shear amount of work involved in creating a light base skin and the time it takes, I don't think this will happen again. I do wish SI would create a light and a dark skin within the game like they used to instead of just using one skin, but this doesn't look like it will happen either.

I am sure there will be a light skin released at some point, but these just take longer to create than the dark skins

I have been trying to change some colors to have a semi-functional light skin while I can't find a good one. In the Squad screen, I've managed to change the colors of the "Name" column through the fg color name parameter in the settings file, but the remaining columns are still white. How can I change the color of these other fields?

Spoiler

skin.png

Edited by Bruno Faccini Santoro