[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 9 Stunden schrieb snowofman:

have you looked at other stadiums to see if it's maybe only a few that has no owners ?

Oh, good you mentioned it - I lamost forgot... 

Yes, it does show owner - but only when the club owns the stadium. If it's the city or community it doesnt show anything... Still, I'm sure it did in the past.

So I did some cross checking and found out, it relates to potential inconsistency in the database....

For example:

Malmö FF - owner Malmö FF owner type is club

AIK Solna - owner empty owner type council

Degerfors IF - owner is Degerfors IF   owner type is council

So even though both Solna and Degerfors do NOT own the stadium, it does show the clubname as it's nevertheless set as owner in the database.

So I think it's the better approach to switch the call (and class for the widget) to something like

<widget class="stadium_owner_type_label" spec="text,large,bold" id="Soty" size="10" colour="yellow" alignment="centre_x,top,can_scale" icon_alignment="left,top" icon_enabled="false" font="fonts/capitals_bold">
                        <record id="object_property">
                          <integer id="get_property" value="Soty" />
                        </record>
                      </widget>                          

which I did and now get the wanted result.

Now you can see if actually the club owns the stadium or the council (or whatever is set as stadium type owner) - which was the initial purpose...

Thanks for pointing into the right direction!

4 minutes ago, ram63 said:

Oh, good you mentioned it - I lamost forgot... 

Yes, it does show owner - but only when the club owns the stadium. If it's the city or community it doesnt show anything... Still, I'm sure it did in the past.

So I did some cross checking and found out, it relates to potential inconsistency in the database....

For example:

Malmö FF - owner Malmö FF owner type is club

AIK Solna - owner empty owner type council

Degerfors IF - owner is Degerfors IF   owner type is council

So even though both Solna and Degerfors do NOT own the stadium, it does show the clubname as it's nevertheless set as owner in the database.

So I think it's the better approach to switch the call (and class for the widget) to something like

<widget class="stadium_owner_type_label" spec="text,large,bold" id="Soty" size="10" colour="yellow" alignment="centre_x,top,can_scale" icon_alignment="left,top" icon_enabled="false" font="fonts/capitals_bold">
                        <record id="object_property">
                          <integer id="get_property" value="Soty" />
                        </record>
                      </widget>                          

which I did and now get the wanted result.

Now you can see if actually the club owns the stadium or the council (or whatever is set as stadium type owner) - which was the initial purpose...

Thanks for pointing into the right direction!

you're welcome

Hello everyone,

From the WTCS skin, we have this part of code which call the property Cconthe continental competition long name.

<widget class="comp_button" auto_size="vertical"  alignment="left,can_scale" icon_alignment="top,left">
	<record id="object_property" get_property="Ccon"/>
</widget>

Do someone know what is the property to get the continental competition short name or, wider, do we have somewhere the list of these properties?

Thank you!

Hello. Can somebody please help with an issue I am having?

I have downloaded the Dark Gold skin, which is a fantastic-looking skin that uses city and stadium pics that I look for in a skin. However, Whenever I load the skin, the background is taken over by the default start screen background. I have liased with the creators and we can;t think of what it is. Weirdest thing is, I loaded it up once and it started working fine then it went back to the issue upon loading the game again. It seems to only be affecting me. Screenshot2023-11-10170916.thumb.png.541272a06b113edad894823e45d767d9.png

Why my bg_selector doesn't work?

2023-11-1316_46_40.png.8ca244127a626622b3e7a4bdf2f40001.png

There is no action when I click the button. The code is below:

<!-- Background Selector -->
                                    <widget class="menubar_icon_button" appearance="chrome/buttons/custom/button" cant_be_toggled="true" fixed="true" icon="icons/custom/bg_selector/bs" width="44">
                                    <translation id="hint" type="use" value="Background Selector"/>
                                    <!-- record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="label" />
                                    <record id="secondary_icon_properties" red_replacement="label" / -->
                                    <event id="click_event" event_id="kev3" />
                                    <attachment class="event_relay_attachment" event_id="kev3">
                                        <record id="action_event">
                                            <flags id="event_id" value="show" />
                                            <flags id="event_target" value="bgs1" />
                                        </record>
                                    </attachment>
                                </widget>

And have the folder "background_selector"

2023-11-1316_51_31.png.8664e30d489d32523c0a0cb44f53f0f5.png

40 minutes ago, yuanding said:

<widget class="menubar_icon_button" appearance="chrome/buttons/custom/button" cant_be_toggled="true" fixed="true" icon="icons/custom/bg_selector/bs" width="44">
                                        </record>
                                    </attachment>
                                </widget>

You're probably missing a file or something when you copy'd it from the other skin

2 minutes ago, yuanding said:

Yes, I did think so, but I can't find out it. :-(

Have you checked if it's working on the skin you've copy'd it from ? just to make sure you havnt copy'd a faulty code

and if it does, maybe just ask the creator if he knows

New day, new issue :)

I lately copied Ben's addtion to the team squad view - as I like the short summary of additonal information of the team.

image.thumb.png.86b84e5fb51023762be5cbb6534696b2.png

As you can see, it's working fine so far.

However, as soon as I switch to a different team and into their squad overview  - all values get lost. When I return to my own squad - they stay in lost status. Only reloading the skin does bring them back.

So I think I miss some kind of "refresh" mechanism here, which might be implemented somehwere in the skins where it's working properly.

Can someone push me into the right direction what I need to look for, to make it work properly?

Thanks in advance...

Damned news articles.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way, when clicking on a news article, to control where the popup appears?

For example, here:

image.thumb.png.4215b2588cea1c6089b0236e741e0a60.png

I have the news articles in a container.  To get the full story, you need to click on the article as per usual.  That then brings up the pop-up, on top of an overlay.  From what I can gather it aligns the popup to the centre, as if it's using the full screen, but cuts off based on container location.  I can't see anything in the competition news panel that sets the target, so have a feeling this will be set by another xml somewhere, but can't for the life of me work it what/where.  Any help would be appreciated!!

5 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Damned news articles.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way, when clicking on a news article, to control where the popup appears?

For example, here:

image.thumb.png.4215b2588cea1c6089b0236e741e0a60.png

I have the news articles in a container.  To get the full story, you need to click on the article as per usual.  That then brings up the pop-up, on top of an overlay.  From what I can gather it aligns the popup to the centre, as if it's using the full screen, but cuts off based on container location.  I can't see anything in the competition news panel that sets the target, so have a feeling this will be set by another xml somewhere, but can't for the life of me work it what/where.  Any help would be appreciated!!

I believe it's a matter of where your code is placed in compare to the popup code. if i'm not mistaken you need to move it up above

On 12/11/2023 at 21:14, MattyEssTTV said:

image.png.194edb0fc03754d115196c418db6f2d3.pngimage.thumb.png.2ac4b8cb573ed53b08ac479edc6a2c96.png

Any idea where I locate these widgets?

So I have tried to locate them in the game files with zero luck. Genuinely out of ideas and sick of looking at the red. Anyone else had the same issue? 

it’s the last thing I need to make the skin perfect. Haha

2 minutes ago, MattyEssTTV said:

So I have tried to locate them in the game files with zero luck. Genuinely out of ideas and sick of looking at the red. Anyone else had the same issue? 

it’s the last thing I need to make the skin perfect. Haha

might be a colour you've missed in the settings file, other then that i have no clue

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

competition news item

might be the file you need to have a look at as the popup

Sadly, that controls the content of the popup, but not the actual behaviour, and I tried looking at the panels that call competition_news_item as well.  May just end up being one of those mysteries.

I'm back with another query.  This time player lists.  I want to turn substitutes in team sheets into a comma separated block rather than a table.  Currently it is like this:

image.thumb.png.98d9d0a8d5638371a60c5d7a33de448b.png

I would like to harness the power of club legends/icons/favoured personnel:

image.thumb.png.a466c08256560975ee736133faa70dd3.png

To eventually create something akin to:

image.png.5743dd4a1f709316eb0031cf6596ecb6.png

I've tried creating a new variable in the teamsheets xml using person_list_text, but not had any joy so far.  Anyone managed to do something similar (maybe not with teamsheets, but somewhere else)?

25 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I'm back with another query.  This time player lists.  I want to turn substitutes in team sheets into a comma separated block rather than a table.  Currently it is like this:

image.thumb.png.98d9d0a8d5638371a60c5d7a33de448b.png

I would like to harness the power of club legends/icons/favoured personnel:

image.thumb.png.a466c08256560975ee736133faa70dd3.png

To eventually create something akin to:

image.png.5743dd4a1f709316eb0031cf6596ecb6.png

I've tried creating a new variable in the teamsheets xml using person_list_text, but not had any joy so far.  Anyone managed to do something similar (maybe not with teamsheets, but somewhere else)?

@_Ben_ found this awhile back, i have no clue if it could work with other things then nationality
it seperates them by ,

<widget class="db_record_list_text" id="intc" alignment="right,centre_y,can_scale" font="title" colour="text"  icon_enabled="true" >
	<record id="object_property" dont_set_hint="true" get_property="PNal"/>
</widget>

On 12/11/2023 at 12:36, Rub Me said:

Hello. Can somebody please help with an issue I am having?

I have downloaded the Dark Gold skin, which is a fantastic-looking skin that uses city and stadium pics that I look for in a skin. However, Whenever I load the skin, the background is taken over by the default start screen background. I have liased with the creators and we can;t think of what it is. Weirdest thing is, I loaded it up once and it started working fine then it went back to the issue upon loading the game again. It seems to only be affecting me. Screenshot2023-11-10170916.thumb.png.541272a06b113edad894823e45d767d9.png

Anyone?

2 hours ago, RussoTuristo said:

Any ideas on how to do this?

While I tried to do something with this, I noticed all properties IDs in loading save details panel.xml have the same starting "LS**" part

I extracted properties.fmf file using Resource Archiver but found nothing I need to use

9 hours ago, yuanding said:

</record>
                                    </attachment>
                                </widget>

You also need to add the background selector into the client object browser below the backgrounds, and add it into global panels

Can somebody please help me locate these files. I have done so much editing/tweaking of things that I've got no idea what controls what anymore!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are all from the matchday. The first is from the screen when you finalise your team. The 2nd is where the continue button goes after the team talk (I think). The 3rd is from the match day tablet. Im using the Tato match day if that helps.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

Can somebody please help me locate these files. I have done so much editing/tweaking of things that I've got no idea what controls what anymore!

spacer.png

1 - part with background (graphics/boxes/custom/interface/tab bar) 
2 - part with buttons (graphics/tabs/standard/normal/top