[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great work with the base skins, thank you so much! I have a question though.. I managed to change the sidebar as I wanted it, but i still want to change the background to a darker colour.. mainly without that lighter fade in the upper corners. Could you instruct how I would do that? thanks again!

14 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

The most basic of questions to kick this year's thread:

Where do I learn how to change panels? Say I want to customise the home screen to show e.g. a stadium picture, trophies, etc. What can I read to learn how to manipulate the panels?

I know just enough to make small changes on my own like adjust height of a panel, but that's about it.

This is a good place to start.

it can be dry reading  but other then that, it's trial and error and asking questions

there is no manual on how to, 

3 minutes ago, TEday36 said:

great work with the base skins, thank you so much! I have a question though.. I managed to change the sidebar as I wanted it, but i still want to change the background to a darker colour.. mainly without that lighter fade in the upper corners. Could you instruct how I would do that? thanks again!

Check the Client Object Browser for the widget that has the background, i believe if you put transparency in the line and play around with the value, you can darken the background.

else you'll have to make the graphics itself darker.

19 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Check the Client Object Browser for the widget that has the background, i believe if you put transparency in the line and play around with the value, you can darken the background.

How does the WTCS skin background change in line with the primary colour of the club/competition?

4 minutes ago, rushdengooner said:

How does the WTCS skin background change in line with the primary colour of the club/competition?

I havnt looked at the WTCS skin, but my guess is that he has put primary in the config file of the graphics he's placed as background

11 hours ago, snowofman said:

Thanks a lot, I found it! But I still can't get my head around it, sorry, my knowledge is pretty limited.. so I found this:

!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->
    <widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" id="bgnd">
        <!-- Once everything is hooked up we'll use a get global attachment like below tied to the
                 appropriate global setting to show/hide instead of the complex test multiple global
                 setups for the various items we'll show/hide -->
        <!--<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="background_visible" set_property="Shwn" />-->
        <record id="object_property">
            <integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
            <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
        </record>
        <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
            <list id="get_properties">
                <record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
                <!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
                <record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
            </list>
            <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
        </attachment>
    </widget>

Do you know where and how should I insert the transparency code? Basically what I want is a darker background with none of that ligher fading in the upper corners. It doesn't matter if it's all black. Thanks a lot!

Edited by TEday36
forgot some details

9 minutes ago, TEday36 said:

Thanks a lot, I found it! But I still can't get my head around it, sorry, my knowledge is pretty limited.. so I found this:

!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->
    <widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" id="bgnd">
        <!-- Once everything is hooked up we'll use a get global attachment like below tied to the
                 appropriate global setting to show/hide instead of the complex test multiple global
                 setups for the various items we'll show/hide -->
        <!--<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="background_visible" set_property="Shwn" />-->
        <record id="object_property">
            <integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
            <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
        </record>
        <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
            <list id="get_properties">
                <record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
                <!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
                <record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
            </list>
            <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
        </attachment>
    </widget>

Do you know where and how should I insert the transparency code? Basically what I want is a darker background with none of that ligher fading in the upper corners. It doesn't matter if it's all black. Thanks a lot!

<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" id="bgnd" transparency="0.1">

you can try and fiddle with the value

12 hours ago, rushdengooner said:

Can someone advise how I can adjust the height of this panel (very slightly) please?

I assume it's the 'client object browser', but just want it to start slighly higher, so there's less background at the top (hope that makes sense).

Screenshot2023-10-23at02_19_09.thumb.png.d18ee5fdd7f2f80a054a239d2c2f8185.png

the actual titlebar is in header.xml which you can find in skins.fmf, the tabs underneath are found in client object browser.xml, search for Actb

8 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

the actual titlebar is in header.xml which you can find in skins.fmf, the tabs underneath are found in client object browser.xml, search for Actb

Thanks for the response.

In header.xml, would it be this code I need to amend?

<!--titlebars-->
    <container>
        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="0" />
        <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" gap="0" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- titlebar -->
        <widget class="titlebar_panel" id="NHdr" height="60" />

<!-- match titlebar -->
        <widget class="match_titlebar_panel" id="MHdr" height="40" />
    </container>

2 minutes ago, rushdengooner said:

Thanks for the response.

<!--titlebars-->
    <container>
        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="0" />
        <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" gap="0" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- titlebar -->

<!-- match titlebar -->
    </container>

it looks like the right place

Just trial and error it if you're in doubt. just give it a value where you can see the different, so you can see if it has an effect or not :) it's alot of trial and error 

4 minutes ago, rushdengooner said:

Thanks for the response.

<!--titlebars-->
    <container>

<!-- titlebar -->

<!-- match titlebar -->
    </container>

Just now, snowofman said:

it looks like the right place

Just trial and error it if you're in doubt. just give it a value where you can see the different, so you can see if it has an effect or not :) it's alot of trial and error 

Pretty much what Snow said, the amount of things ive broken isnt even funny

2 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

Pretty much what Snow said, the amount of things ive broken isnt even funny

Haha. Yeah, that's pretty much how I've learnt the little I know tbh.

I have played around with a few different values, but it doesn't change the gap at the top I want to close. Just makes the header smaller or bigger.

2 minutes ago, rushdengooner said:

Haha. Yeah, that's pretty much how I've learnt the little I know tbh.

I have played around with a few different values, but it doesn't change the gap at the top I want to close. Just makes the header smaller or bigger.

are you talking about the "gap" at the very top of the page ? or the little gab from the search bar to the page end

10 minutes ago, rushdengooner said:

Yeah, the gap right at the top. On the default skin, you'd see the purple background.

thats in the Client object broswer and the graphics used as background

i can't remember on top of my head where exactly. but it's "a vision trick" if you follow the graphics, you'll noce that it's all black on the right side, but has the "gap" on the left side.

so it's the grapics you'll have to change if i remember correct

10 minutes ago, lukewm said:

Does anyone know how I can get the titlebar to match the sidebar? I copied it over from the FlutSkin.

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 17.17.28.png

you might need to put primary in the client object brower where the titlebar is

check the flut file and see if you've missed something.

7 minutes ago, renato. said:

My sidebar is black with a bit of transparency, how I can make the sidebar full transparent so it gets the blue or the respective color for the team on the left side? 

DanieleGhilardi_Perfil.png.d331751177b02cd45b395bb1d8c2fd18.png

I'm after the same solution, but the 'blue' is controlled by the primary colour of the team, competition and then the paper behind that panel. 

I haven't worked out how to get the sidebar to change in line with the primary colour, but keep the pattern yet.

If you don't care about the pattern, then changing to primary colour in the sidebar menu table.xml, should do the trick.

Edited by rushdengooner

23 minutes ago, renato. said:

My sidebar is black with a bit of transparency, how I can make the sidebar full transparent so it gets the blue or the respective color for the team on the left side? 

16 minutes ago, rushdengooner said:

I'm after the same solution, but the 'blue' is controlled by the primary colour of the team, competition and then the paper behind that panel. 

I haven't worked out how to get the sidebar to change in line with the primary colour, but keep the pattern yet.

If you don't care about the pattern, then changing to primary colour in the sidebar menu table.xml, should do the trick.

Try this - i remembered that i helped someone else with a similar problem a while ago. maybe you can use it

I am trying to move the FM button to where the Help button is, I know how to remove the help widget but would like the FM button to go into the vacated space by the help button and potentially move the calendar slightly to the left so it doesn't overlap with the continue button.

Is this possible?

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 18.17.31.png

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 18.18.30.png

8 minutes ago, lukewm said:

I am trying to move the FM button to where the Help button is, I know how to remove the help widget but would like the FM button to go into the vacated space by the help button and potentially move the calendar slightly to the left so it doesn't overlap with the continue button.

Is this possible?

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 18.17.31.png

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 18.18.30.png

If you remove the help button, it won't leave a vacant spot. the other buttons will move together, if you want the fm button in front of the help button (just an example) your swap the 2 widgets around

2 minutes ago, MariusA said:

image.png.437433795a272fb48588d772fb7ac9b7.pngSee attached image. Anyone know where I can find these? I want to remove the black line under the text. I found some tabs in the graphics folder, but no luck with that one.

part with buttons (graphics/tabs/standard/normal/top

17 minutes ago, MariusA said:

image.png.437433795a272fb48588d772fb7ac9b7.pngSee attached image. Anyone know where I can find these? I want to remove the black line under the text. I found some tabs in the graphics folder, but no luck with that one.

Wow this is a beautiful font! Do you know what it's called? If possible, could you send me the font file?

4 minutes ago, Sport Lacost said:

Really helpful thread :thup:

Does anyone know how I can get the team/player name font to be in capital letters like the past few FM’s and not lower case like this years?

you  probably have to fiddle around with the fonts used

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

Try this - i remembered that i helped someone else with a similar problem a while ago. maybe you can use it

Now I have something like this: 

SergioMattarella_Incio.thumb.png.636d491e40fcc37295f22d5afe73ceeb.png

Don't know here this background came from, if I could change it to the one that I made it would be perfect.

1 minute ago, renato. said:

Now I have something like this: 

SergioMattarella_Incio.thumb.png.636d491e40fcc37295f22d5afe73ceeb.png

Don't know here this background came from, if I could change it to the one that I made it would be perfect.

the backgrounds are picked up from the default game files, check your Client Object Browser, it's easy to spot the appearance lines that points to graphics, try and comment one out at a time until you hit the correct one you wanna remove. then you can add your own file to it.

10 minutes ago, snowofman said:

the backgrounds are picked up from the default game files, check your Client Object Browser, it's easy to spot the appearance lines that points to graphics, try and comment one out at a time until you hit the correct one you wanna remove. then you can add your own file to it.

Yeah, tried it by changing the name to the respective files and in the end it looks almost the same with the background I was using before. Thanks very much for the help. anyway!