The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

Huston, I think there is a problem in Japan. I hired all relevant staff and did a sim until December, after the japanese teams get the intakes and: (I've added myself to a few teams and saw both October and November as intake months, still looking into this).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.127bf316f50ec6bc2226daaedd240fc0.png

Some team that was previously in J3:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a95463dec48ddf81474052042eb8f946.png

Team relegated from J2:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2dddfdaa4c6a03220c4c9715ce4f415c.png

Team promoted to J2 from J3:

Same as above, I will skip screenshots to not create big spam

Team that started in J2 and still in J2: Same

Team relegated from J1: Same

Team promoted to J1: Same

Team that started in J1: Same

There are no intakes in Japan after one full season. Tho there are a few teams that seem to have generated 15/16 yo players, will investigate tomorrow as it's getting late and I need my smarty sleep.

Edited by Ice029

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dondagz said:

Do you know what save date for England gives different teams?

Xaw posted this :

4 hours ago, XaW said:

@darren1983 - England reset is June 24th. Saving on May 24th gives new teams. Could be earlier, but just makes it easier to just select "next month"

3 minutes ago, Ice029 said:

Huston, I think there is a problem in Japan. I hired all relevant staff and did a sim until December, after the japanese teams get the intakes and: (I've added myself to a few teams and saw both October and November as intake months, still looking into this).

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.127bf316f50ec6bc2226daaedd240fc0.png

Some team that was previously in J3:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.a95463dec48ddf81474052042eb8f946.png

Team relegated from J2:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.2dddfdaa4c6a03220c4c9715ce4f415c.png

Team promoted to J2 from J3:

Same as above, I will skip screenshots to not create big spam

Team that started in J2 and still in J2: Same

Team relegated from J1: Same

Team promoted to J1: Same

Team that started in J1: Same

There are no intakes in Japan after one full season. Tho there are a few teams that seem to have generated 15/16 yo players, will investigate tomorrow as it's getting late and I need my smarty sleep.

Ah this is interesting, and concerning. I'll holiday forward a few seasons and see what it looks like

24 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I'm going to test Belgium (financial bug from last editions) . Belgium reset date 29 june. saving on 30 march will give different teams @darren1983

Started after a year holiday with Racing Mechelen. They start with 427k :

6604ac3b0ba5347cd704c8a307221ded.png

half december :

cb901440ba83f34013ad7ba682f012eb.png

9a1fdc0b9c42ba749ba6b58b8df1d585.png

Belgium is still not playable !

7 minutes ago, SuperRedditch said:

As in getting a specific team promoted? It's entirely reputation driven. The higher the club's rep, the more chance of getting promoted.

ah I see, so hashtag being half a star, odds are 1 in a million

5 minutes ago, dondagz said:

ah I see, so hashtag being half a star, odds are 1 in a million

Still could happen, I remember someone last year simming 2 years into the future to get a level 8 team and they were able to get North Shields. It is defo possible that Hashtag could go up

Edited by Vakama2619

7 minutes ago, Vakama2619 said:

Still could happen, I remember someone last year simming 2 years into the future to get a level 8 team and they were able to get North Shields. It is defo possible that Hashtag could go up

still trying but might give up. Have a file with Bamber bridge that I might go with

11 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:

Still no relegation in South Korea :(

The only thing that happened in 2023 for K2 League was that it expanded from 11 teams to 13 teams. However, the current season that is happening will not have a promotion of any teams from K3 League to K2 League.

Anyways, I'm back! Will probably try a save in Mexico or Argentina again.

Edited by hubwub
grammar

8 hours ago, Ice029 said:

that is worrying

i'll have a look in my save and see what we get

8 hours ago, jrobertgordon13 said:

Ok, so what’s the hardest nation to do the challenge in the base game? Excluding broken nations.

Probably Wales or Northern Ireland. Other than that I'd think Iceland too.

1 hour ago, dondagz said:

I don't know either....can't last much longer

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 06.41.10.png

I am in the exact same position with Dulwich Hamlet. 6 games - 18 points.

Was wondering whether I am a tactical genius, I accidentally found a game breaking tactic on first try, the Dulwich Hamlet team is OP, or I am just very lucky?

Unlike the couple of players who have won there first 6 games I am really struggling with Palencia save. 4 games, lost 3, drawn 1 bottom of the league. Conceded 13 goals, including 5 penalties. My defence is shocking, only one decent defender in the squad, a LB, but he is now injured. I think I am going to get sacked very quickly unless I can change things. 

Edited by Mahzun_Savas

@darren1983 I have raised the Japan issue as a bug. Every club not within the top 3 divisions at the start of the game has Academy Coaching and Youth Recruitment set to 'None' so they will not produce any regens in their current state.

With The Netherlands once again being unavalable, here we go.  A side I took to the Premier League last season.

Club Introduction

Macclesfield

z9jBiJn.png

The Manager

This is me.

e3vBI05.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          24 June 2024             30 June 2025         £750 p/w          £600 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  SeP  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  LoD  PeM  Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.50*)     None                 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    5    1    1    1    5    1    1    4

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below Average        Below Average          4       Basic                 Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

3 minutes ago, kdavva74 said:

@darren1983 I have raised the Japan issue as a bug. Every club not within the top 3 divisions at the start of the game has Academy Coaching and Youth Recruitment set to 'None' so they will not produce any regens in their current state.

sad...i have waited 12 years to play Japan...and its unplayable in youth only :(

12 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

sad...i have waited 12 years to play Japan...and its unplayable in youth only :(

I've holidayed a season and youth players do seem to appear as lnog as you've got the upgrades to take it away from 'none'

I'm playing my first season now so I'll let you know when I get to November if any youth appear.

1 hour ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

Unlike the couple of players who have won there first 6 games I am really struggling with Palencia save. 4 games, lost 3, drawn 1 bottom of the league. Conceded 13 goals, including 5 penalties. My defence is shocking, only one decent defender in the squad, a LB, but he is now injured. I think I am going to get sacked very quickly unless I can change things. 

Same here. Played 12, lost 10, drew 2. Going to have to start a new save and chalk this down to experience.

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

With The Netherlandsa once again being unavalable, here we go.  A side I took to the Premier League last season.

Club Introduction

Macclesfield

z9jBiJn.png

The Manager

This is me.

e3vBI05.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          24 June 2024             30 June 2025         £750 p/w          £600 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  LoD  PeM  Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    5    1    1    1    5    1    1    1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At Start   Below Average        Below Average          4       Basic                 Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

How hard was it to get macclesfield, given their rep is only half star?

6 minutes ago, dondagz said:

How hard was it to get macclesfield, given their rep is only half star?

All the teams in that league are half a star, that's not an accurate way to gauge rep.

Basically, reputation is a number from 1-10000. Until we get the pre-game editor, we can't see the reputations. However, Hashtag will be low. The team I usually aim for has a reputation of around 1800 and that usually takes about 20 attempts. Honestly, for Hashtag, you're looking at 1/1000 chance, maybe lower. The higher reputation clubs are heavily favoured (there are one's you'll almost always see).

Edited by SuperRedditch

18 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

good start @benrollo seeing those japan names makes me want to start a save there. 

Honestly if they get the youth recruitment sorted for JFL clubs there's a lot of potential. Decent financials from what I can see so far. Waiting to see if I've managed to get my recruitment increased in sufficient time to get a batch of youngsters this season!

I started a game in the Czech Republic(which has the same start date as in FM23) with Blansko, who had a small squad, with two transfers out being pre-arranged and five players refusing to renew their contracts.

The only positive was that we won the first game of the season against the team predicted first in the league, after that it was a downward spiral until we got to the youth intake... Which just put the dot to how bad the season was with no useable players coming through, I had hoped for some luck and to get one or two players that could help us in the last few games of the season and possibly avoid the drop, but to no avail.

With us losing the second to last game of the season and therefore securing relegation I got the sack, and I was actually amazed that we had a chance up until then of staying up.

With my time in the Czech Republic coming to a quick end I'll start up a game in Finland and hopefully do better there.

5 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Sad news.  It looks like The Netherlands is out again.  I have holidayed into the 2030's and therer is no relegation from the second tier.

So no Russia, no Gibraltar  , no Belgium ( bug is still active) and no Holland 

image.png.d97f6841c6fee4a1de85e7fec1ff1735.png

Berwick Rangers

image.thumb.png.5cf729acacbc43a0b0058d2024b44447.png

I decided to start the year off in Scotland, or I guess England in Scotland.  Has anyone else noticed that you can't see the previous years intake on the transfers screen anymore? I can see that players generated at the club last year and so I'm gonna tag them but they don't show up under the youth tab anymore, is this a bug?

image.thumb.png.a5a41dbfecf177707110c26572b6b9d0.png

Edited by michiganhugefan

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-02um11_28_50.png.78526251c8c4d6eb1cd687ae0c3b5a28.png

"The blue armada is moving in the right direction" Earl of Grey

January is finished and we managed to gather 5 points on leading Bristol Rovers which has been 10 points in December. We beating every team and the players are in top form.

Employer of the month has been Iwan Jones who won youth player of the month award. 

He is getting a good amount of game time and is paying off with goals from either IF(S) or AF in our 4231 DM shape.

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-20um14_31_30.thumb.png.106dc94d57840d80c12e4b065c25bc0b.png

Another stand out player at the moment is David Ebuka from Nigeria. We didn't come to terms in a new contract but he's playing brilliantly regardless.

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-20um14_36_37.thumb.png.8f5329144503483c495f052d2b7ac843.png

As we also focus on developing good staff. Here is our long term servant Jem Hewlett who's been with us since 2040 and has developed clearly well. He's a loyal man and rejected every offer from higher established clubs. 

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-20um14_40_29.thumb.png.2760ecf194fec14f3b7ef321dd0c64d5.png

Future is blue! 

Edited by HanziZoloman