The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Stekalo said:

Hi, where can I find average attendance?

Either click on the league in question, under the stats tab click team detailed, scroll down to the bottom of the tabs on the left hand side, attendance stats are there.

Or you can click on the team, then history, records, attendance records.

2206.png

Livorno | Season 2025/26 | Serie C/B

n8HLs7G.png

This could be predicted, our 30+ leaders started to decline and youngsters aren’t ready to replace them yet. Our xG could lead us to a playoff spot anyway, and we stayed clear from the relegation battle, so everything’s going OK at this stage.

Coppa Serie С

3oVkv14.png

Same as last season, just fielded a backup squad in this useless cup (the match attendance says a lot about its importance).

Squad stats

Jpz2tZD.png

James Tenkorang – the biggest surprise of this season. I expected him to be a useful backup after returning from loan, instead he became our best goalscorer!

Lorenzo Sabattini – our leading midfielder, unfortunately missed last two months with injury (probably we could finish in top 10 with him).

Felipe Curcio – declined sharply in physical ability, but is still good at set pieces (Tenkorang scored quite a lot from his crosses).

Andrea Fancelli – third in average rating and always among the best in training.

Lorenzo Schiaroli – our best center-back whose future was a huge concern, but he agreed a new three-year contract with a month remaining.

Transfers – offloaded two players without any potential and loaned out more promising ones.

Youth intake (preview)

8jMt7nJ.png

Rossini *26a | Burzagli *26b | Balduini *26c | Conte *26d | Pardera *26e | Gorlero *26f

We got promising players in all lines (except goalkeeper), with a pair of strikers being the highlight of this intake.

xyLKxRN.png

Despite having negative balance for almost the whole season we managed to get the first academy upgrade!

image.png.a5271e4705052058c8f04192b5e04cea.png

Afrika Reykjavik (Iceland) - Season 17 (2040) - FM24

Domestic and Continental Performances

Afrika Reykjavik, commonly known as Afrika, concluded their season with commendable performances both domestically and continentally. In the Beasta deild karla, the Icelandic top-flight football league, Afrika secured a solid 3rd place finish, accumulating 48 points over the course of the season. This achievement marked an improvement from the previous season, elevating the club to the 8th highest reputation team in Iceland, boasting a 2.0-star national reputation. Additionally, Afrika's league is ranked 41st among all football divisions in Europe, underlining their competitive standing within the continent.

image.png.97a6c0a08140a5e918c263ee820afe7f.png

In the Mjólkurbikarinn, the Icelandic domestic cup, Afrika reached the Fourth Round, showcasing their resilience in cup competitions. However, their primary focus remained on league success, leading to a concentrated effort in league fixtures.

Spoiler

image.png.ed6fe330d22b395fd3ff2f1f90549e1d.png

The club also made its debut in European competition, participating in the UEFA Europa Conference League. Afrika embarked on an impressive journey in the qualifying rounds, eliminating formidable opponents such as FK Partizan of Serbia and Charleroi of Belgium. Although their European campaign culminated in the fourth qualifying round, where they faced defeat against League of Ireland side Derry City, the experience gained invaluable exposure for the club on the continental stage.

Spoiler

image.png.a5a3c1b9ca253e8d50e6f7f3a81a2012.png

Players

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dcfe358d7adb77f43136b1183de3c1be.png

Fans and pundits alike have lauded the contributions of key players who excelled throughout the season, driving Afrika's successes on the pitch. Piotr Bartkowski [53], hailed as the Fans' Player of the Year, exhibited versatility and skill across multiple positions, including defensive midfield, attacking midfield, and striker. His consistent performances earned him a Sofascore rating of 7.12, reflecting his instrumental role in the team's achievements.

image.thumb.png.8c2f43a3fcdfd59e49c8fd3ec0ecf178.png

Joining Bartkowski in the spotlight are Filip Czajkowski [52] and Mateusz Ejza [53], who secured the second and third positions respectively in the top performers' list. Czajkowski's defensive prowess as a right center-back, coupled with his athleticism, contributed significantly to the team's defensive stability. Meanwhile, Ejza's adeptness in ground duels and team-oriented play bolstered Afrika's midfield and defensive lines, earning him plaudits from fans and experts alike.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.64c73a96f42ed1ce27d80d54cf081bef.png

image.thumb.png.5ccff9b7dcb42ea7514b389d2e7a93c1.png

Leading Afrika's attacking charge was Kacper Wolak [64], whose lethal combination of speed, dribbling, and shooting prowess propelled him to the position of the club's top goalscorer. With 13 goals in all competitions, Wolak's clinical finishing played a pivotal role in Afrika's offensive endeavours.

image.thumb.png.afa97e29311845796434bfb20d9b91f4.png

Notably, Mateusz Ejza [53] also shone as the top assister, showcasing his adeptness in creating scoring opportunities for his teammates with nine assists over the season.

Youth Intake

Afrika Reykjavik's commitment to nurturing young talent was evident in their impressive youth intake, rated at 4.5 out of 5. The influx of promising prospects, categorized into Elite (x3), Top (x6), and Good (x7) tiers, underscores the club's dedication to long-term development and sustainability.

image.png.f650ab73002f521b8d20447c70dbf5ff.png

image.thumb.png.6e75f81c79bb3abc0a45967116968ba0.png

Among the standout prospects is Brynjar Örn Blöndal [56], a versatile forward with exceptional speed and dribbling abilities. Alongside him, Paweł Laskowski [49] and Heimir Halldórsson [49] emerge as promising defensive talents, demonstrating prowess in aerial duels and defensive organization. Additionally, Grzegorz Skrzyniak [48] and Filip Kubik [49] showcase their potential in midfield and goalkeeping roles respectively, promising a bright future for Afrika's youth academy.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d4d5d4091926e2d662967ce6974fd44e.png

Finances

Afrika Reykjavik's financial outlook experienced significant improvement, with a balance of £942,600 reflecting the fruitful endeavours in European competitions. Despite minimal player sales, the club's prudent financial management ensured stability and sustainability, paving the way for future investments and growth.

Around the World

In the broader football landscape, the culmination of the season witnessed noteworthy triumphs across major European leagues. Manchester City clinched their 20th English Premier League title, while Barcelona secured their 38th Spanish First Division title. In Italy, Inter Milan celebrated their 32nd Serie A title, while Bayern Munich continued their dominance in Germany with their 48th Bundesliga title. Meanwhile, Paris Saint-Germain emerged victorious in France, claiming their 27th Ligue 1 title.

On the continental stage, Arsenal emerged triumphant in the UEFA Champions League, defeating Manchester City 3-0 in the final to clinch their second title in the prestigious competition. 

SUMMARY

image.thumb.png.c5e0ccd94246281d2ed4525605af4623.png

image.thumb.png.7e037cf80d6ce1521867a2cb202ff978.png

image.thumb.png.6c5820110312ecb79a48d641c515249a.png

image.thumb.png.6a058ad662c8affbfe9902cedf72d5b7.png

image.thumb.png.a7926edef29020ede5b6ac18cf742b0c.png

578.png.653c8d29e000da0de62f0e5d38ff9f42.png

GUISELEY (ENGLAND)

SEASON 0

Manager Profile | Finances | Transfers |  First Team Squad  | Club Information |

After watching so many of your careers I decided to try my hand at this very difficult challenge.

I start from the lowest English league in the classical database. I loaded most of the championships with a large database, but I was faced with a nasty surprise when choosing the team. The squad is made up of very few players. I think the first few years are very hard.

The coach is Holden Caulfield, a 21 year old boys.

Next update at the end of the first season.

Personal Contract

Season        Contract Start Date       Contract Expiry Date    Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          24 June 2024             30 June 2025          €29k p/y           24,5k p/y

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  SeP  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  LoD  PeM  Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.50*)     None                 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    5    1    1    1    1    3    3    1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start        Adequate            Adequate          3               Basic              Average            Basic         Below Avg(1*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    Carabao Cup        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schermata2024-03-24alle21_31_10.thumb.png.5506c4a301a8e17b1c8eb5665e4fe445.png

Question regarding Spanish leagues; simmed to first season promotion and I seem to have Badalona & Badalona Fut in the same league (Group 3).

I was under the impression they were the reserve team for Futur.

Latest on wiki says:

On 19 July 2022, Badalona absorbed UE Costa Brava. As the club was relegated to Tercera Federación, Costa Brava changed name to Club de Fútbol Badalona Futur, with the original Badalona acting as a reserve team.[6]

I've checked competition history and they're definitely different clubs as far as the game is concerned and have just been promoted back to the same league as Badalona Futur again :D

Has anyone done this so far and know if it causes any problems with promotion/ownership?

They aren't affiliated and have separate stadiums, in game so I assume not..

The return of the baddest of the Badalonas on course to topple Barcelona is on if it's all good..

Edited by Kreeki

image.png.115dbd135575d4f6cc1f49856edfb8ad.png

Season 8 2031/2032: League 2

As suspected we were picked to finish last in League 2 this season after our playoff win last year. What was unsuspected was finishing 3rd and gaining automatic promotion to League 1! Our success relied heavily on our wonderful Academy-produced GK Antoni Murray-Jones. The 2-year-old keeper was a brick wall last year, and will be named captain in the coming season. His Golden Gloves season carried the side. We also had some great success in the FA Cup, making it all the way to the 5th Round after a 93rd minute winner in the 4th Round against Championship side Bolton. In the 5th Round we again went to Tottenham where we gave them a run for their money. At 1-1 in the 88th minute we pressed ahead in an attacking mentality searching for a winner, but got hit on the counter and gave up a third in stoppage time. The strategy in pressing for the winner was to avoid a replay, and it worked. Just not the way we hoped. We also had another decent intake, filling in depth in a couple key positions. We also sold another player for over $2m, which is fine because he was a Striker that couldn't score, and we landed what looks like a very good prospect in the intake to replace him.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7fcc98190c2ee72af2bc664d66c6a1f2.png

image.png.b43e738b181a890a33ab66573be385d8.png

image.thumb.png.871400acadbcb7b421aa09d80d50f8d8.png

image.thumb.png.db1af279df6801aa6b7a151d3e4fd4bb.png

image.thumb.png.d3684308074a8c06383e52bc04066d19.png

image.png.830b360a622904851d8c158901e9bac1.png

image.png.668f606076952569fa7bc12c8b4888db.png

image.thumb.png.224738111cf4dd4d3d883baac32cce41.png

image.thumb.png.5a2e22504ccfa1315ca8314572fc65cd.png

image.png.6f0aff8e093f787eb77a60ca994d4d24.png

image.thumb.png.17cec3b95c977533153048ea1a011a29.png

I'll try to get through the next season before I'm off on vacation for the first half of April, but it might be a little while until y'all hear from me. 

Thanks for reading!

-R

image.png.6eff7158711128b52282c366c4f39c33.png

Rein Meer AKA ReinBerg - Season 20 - Japan J1 League - End of Season Review & Youth Intake

League - 12th

We were soo much better than our first season in J1 League. A respectable 12th place finish and we rarely looked in danger of going back down. I feel at this point we should be aiming to slightly improve our league position each year, with the aim of the Champions League places in the next 3-5 years.

image.thumb.png.34b16d30a9af48e7c2166ad30ab6e9eb.png

The Squad

We don't have the greatest depth to the squad, apart from at CB where I have four players who could start at this level. Naoki Tsujimoto (YP15B) has quickly become our most talented player, but is already looking at bigger clubs. Whether he stays for much longer is a big question, but if he does leave I have ready and willing replacements. Our standout performer this year was Takahiro Maehara (YP14B) who only became a starting striker during the course of the season. 16 goals and a 7.03 average rating is impressive and a big reason we stayed up this year.

image.thumb.png.9136a7f16476bda39ae0d6ccd390dcd6.png

image.thumb.png.23341e4ca0de482cfa3cbaf24e304e45.png

Finances & Average Attendance Record

Our finances look very healthy and they should continue to improve as long as we are in the J1 League. Now if only my board will allow me to upgrade my youth facilities :seagull:
Our average attendance is also at a new high, but still amongst the lowest in the league (especially considering we have a 20,000 seater stadium). In general it is pitiful how little interest there is in the team from the local area. 101 shirts sold in our 20th season :0 I think in England you get that in season 1 of the Vanarama south!!!!

image.thumb.png.a2f5466fc146446e67e5a9a299547c9c.png

image.thumb.png.5f2892c7f7d007818860afa50bd4150e.png

image.thumb.png.2dbb73aff74619e4f2f3ed3cdc53992a.png

Youth Intake

We had another decent intake with SEVEN elite talents. Some of whom I am VERY excited about

image.thumb.png.e9b90f2771c9ffe39631143b53a26961.png

Top 3 - Youth Intake 20

Kyoto Shimokawa (YP20A)

We seem to not often get CMs, so I was very excited by this youngster. He also seems to have pretty good attributes throughout, there is not too many glaring weaknesses, the mental abilities having a couple of 6's in key areas, but I feel that we can get this improved quick enough. Definitely potential first team player, and likely a first 11 player eventually.

image.thumb.png.976bc68b88c122bb3a10658e1a96839b.png

Masafumi Omae (YP20B)

A driven full back, with very good tackling and decent mentals. That 19 Determination is also exciting to see! Definitely has some holes in his physical attributes and that should be the area we focus on first.

image.thumb.png.43e56c56cee84a15a8aa472c79c1b394.png

Hiroshiro Taniguchi (YP20C)

We have recently had a glut of strikers, so although I was tempted to re-train him as a CM, he looks more natural as an Advanced Forward to me. I am not keen on the personality, or the stamina and strength, so we will see if we can improve that in the next couple of years. More likely to be loaned out at 18 than in the first team, but who knows!!

image.thumb.png.f52ea0943c397189ba6061c1807d0b6c.png

Other News

A new partnership with Haneda (AKA FC Honda), who coincidentally I first tried this challenge with earlier in the year. This is important as they are in the J3 league, which means my youngsters will be able to get good competition as I use Haneda as a bit of a farm to loan players to.

image.thumb.png.21f400f1025572a9348089f25dd01b1b.png

I also randomly got offered the South Africa national team job. I wish I could take it, but alas a rejection it is.

image.thumb.png.3dce3d670353d47c2023579ec92f172a.png

I got bored of the Bury save after reaching the Prem too quickly. It becomes a very boring slog avoiding relegation, waiting for March to come round for another poor intake.

Started again with AFC Telford finishing mid table in my first two seasons, I was finally getting some upgrades approved to YR and JC and a coaching badge. My second season intake was very promising. At the end of the season the board said although I exceeded their competition expectations I had failed on my promise to play youth players and I was sacked. 🤣 Only 10 of thee starting 11 were academy players, I suppose I should have tried harder.

image.png.f078c1b22ae3d2aeff0d30030c3c4bd6.pngimage.jpeg.d856d36da99f659c3848cab00ab49f57.jpeg

SEASON 1 – 2024/25 – Tanzanian Championship (Tier 2)

Fixtures: 1 2  -  First Team SquadUnder 19s Squad -  Competition Review  

Manager Profile:  Characteristics  -  Attributes

Club Profile  -  General  -  Facilities  -  Honours  -  Finances  -  Transfers 

League Season

First season in management and it’s the Tanzanian 2nd tier. We got off to an absolute flyer and after 14 games we had P14 W12 D0 L2 for our record. First season promotion was a real possibility with 2 automatic places and 2 play-off positions available. A hiccup at home to Cosmopolitan did little stop the momentum and by the time we got to game week 26, we had a nice 7-point lead with 4 games left to play. A 1-0 away victory over Pan-African sealed promotion with 3 games left to take the title. The following week we managed a 2-0 home win to Mbao meaning promotion at the first attempt and our first trophy.

image.png.0e16481f774c905487ae929de54e5170.png

Federation Cup

With our super form in the 2nd tier, it would be interesting to see how this translated to the Tanzanian Cup. We faced Stand United, from the lower leagues in early December, and ran out comfortable winners, 4-2 on the night. The 2nd round took us to Mbeya City of the Premier League. A superb 3-1 victory showed that we could hold our own with the league above. For the round of 16 we were again drawn against Premier League opposition, this time Ihefu SC at home. A much closer game, but we managed to edge it 4-3. Azam FC, again of the Premier League, for the quarter-final saw us overcome then with a great 3-1 victory, meaning we was into the semi-final in our first season. Tabora United were no match for us as we swept them aside 4-0 to book our place in the final, where we would meet Young Africans, a team who had walked the Premier League.

It was a crazy game and Young Africans were always on the attack. Despite this, we managed to open up an early two goal lead with goals from left winger Adallah in the 18th minute and striker Aloba in the 33rd. Straight after the break Kitandu pulled a goal back for the opposition, only for Abola to re-instate our two-goal lead with half an hour left to play. Young Africans went straight down the other end to cut the lead back to one, before we added a fourth with an own goal. A third goal from Young Africans with ten left meant it would be a cagey ending, but we closed up shop and held out to win 4-3, to take the cup and qualify for next seasons CAF Confederation Cup.

image.png.a4f17463f3d8f455eebee284ce5f898d.png

THE PLAYERS

Winning the league and cup double meant a lot of great performances. The standouts were: 

Morice Malaki

Our 29-year-old attacking full back managed to register 16 assists in 31 games.

image.thumb.png.dc508fa80bb3b1413e49f6b0c54d5787.png

Kassim Simbaulanga

On the opposite side to Malaki, Simbaulanga managed 9 assists as well as chipping in with 4 goals.

image.png.a08723a12c3ed3ab4cd0704d81b6751c.png

Omary Wayne

Our main man in the middle of the park. 6 goals, 13 assists and an impressive 7.46 average rating for the season.

image.thumb.png.6fd9cd52dcb96d0bd6ca7601c00f3f5d.png

Ramadhani Hashim

Playing on the right of a 4-man midfield, Hashim contributed with an impressive 16 goals and 11 assists.

image.thumb.png.79045d5e41e331f147034b7add0b9ee6.png

Mwarami Abdallah

Abdallah played on the opposite flank and chipped in with 10 goals and 13 assists.

image.png.7cb72847c5a1c579b9f11f599f22c21a.png

Mussa Gadi

The main man for our goals. Gadi finished the season with 30 in 31 games and an average rating of 7.70.

image.png.79c72713c13032f0542100c113588c50.png

Raphael Aloba

Gadi’s strike partner finished with 20 goals in 31 games meaning the two of them had contributed to 51 goals for the season.

image.thumb.png.45590ac8f31602a52af937819566dafb.png

THE YOUTH INTAKE

A good intake to get us running, with Adam Tanzman and John Mzamiru the standouts. Hopefully they can contribute next season.

image.png.5e655008d071ae297a924e5e75a2ba58.png

Capture.PNG.cf1fb10b16df7cc8a932ea3895bfef9d.PNG

OFF THE FIELD

Off the field not much to write home about yet. Finances are decent but the projection doesn’t look great as things stand.

image.jpeg.29ca11180cc6e65cb79d5197de55b3b7.jpeg

Békéscsaba Előre 1912

Hungary

Season 12

2035/2036

Competitions:

We won the league and the cup and we advanced from the league phase to the Champions League where we beat PSG and Arsenal and played 1-1 against Bayern München, but unfortunately we didn't manage to get past Benfica there. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a8d667b8a8d1a1b9787ed3950e986572.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.592b72c03e0d8eb362c17069e7f615b7.jpeg

Squad:

image.thumb.jpeg.b176743bcf8a526d7f4dfb05c84b2fde.jpeg

Youth intake:

image.thumb.jpeg.3f6b48d90ca118ac74b7c15987cddda6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.91e57c10d0c46324b7a10d20ef86204c.jpeg

Elite talents:

image.thumb.jpeg.024597b5c04db663ad02a1a7a6e316ee.jpeg

Transfers:

image.thumb.jpeg.81838650ec8fbe075b3b6de60ec1eb3d.jpeg

Things worth mentioning:

• We managed to conclude an affiliate deal with the Ivorian wonderkid factory ASEC Mimosas, based on which Ivorian newgens can appear in our youth intake. ASEC have great facilities and Ivory Coast have a much higher youth rating than Hungary so hopefully with the help of this we will be able to raise the quality of our youth intake a little bit. image.thumb.jpeg.83b5c17e574c2b5050f67800daacba5e.jpeg
  • I've never seen such a trait before :D image.thumb.jpeg.4abd0f3520b60c2f86757b38893347f3.jpeg
  • Unfortunately, our wonderkid 32e wants to leave the club, he is unhappy for months after the transfer windows and does not perform well. Then after he drops his unhappiness halfway through the season and wants to stay, he doesn't want to sign a new contract because he finds the team too weak. He is not yet influential enough in the dressing room, so the team is still with me and I was able to keep him here, but I'm afraid we won't be able to keep him in the long term.image.thumb.jpeg.3a8b7dc6272479f2bf307379b53b58bf.jpeg

African_Lyon_Old_PNG.png.87eb696239fe113fca472ff5837668b7.pngFlag.jpg.fe15160f125f16ebc47003a8252c160f.jpg

SEASON 2 – 2025/26 – Tanzanian Premier League

Fixtures: 1 2 3  -  First Team Squad: 1 2Under 19s Squad -  Competition Review  

Community Shield

Having won last seasons Federation Cup, we entered the Community Shield. Unlike in most countries, Tanzania’s version is a four-team knockout. We faced Simba in the Semi-final and were put to the sword 4-1, before beating Fountain Gate FC on penalties in the 3rd/4th place playoff.

League Season

Season 2 and African Lyon are back in Tanzania’s top league. Judging by the pre-season odds of 2000-1, it was going to be a long season. It wouldn’t be right to start the new season in the top tier without a top tier kit, so introducing the new home and away strip for African Lyon.

image.png.2eb0eab6397b93f993441ed10fba5e47.png

The league season itself couldn’t have got off to a better start. A 5-1 win at home against Ihefu SC in the 3rd game saw us sat joint top with Young Africans. Locals were starting to dream of back-to-back titles. However, by the time we played Young Africans in game 11, reality was starting to set in. 3 points from our next 8 games had seen us slip down to 11th place. Things started to pick back up and we worked our way back up the table and was sat in 6th place after 17 games, with an 11-point gap to the relegation places. The form seemed to play out in blocks and a little run of three wins on the bounce at the end of the season saw us finish the campaign in a respectable 6th place.

image.png.9d961cc65744a092301a0d70fe199d7e.png

Federation Cup

We went into the Federation Cup as holders and with big expectations, having won the trophy last season. The 2nd round pipped us against Copco, where we came out 2-0 winners. The round of 16 was a close affair but we got past Pamba SC with a 2-1 win. In the quarters we met last seasons semi-final opponents Tabora United and progressed with a 3-1 win. Then in the semi-final it was a repeat of last season’s final against Young Africans. This time it wasn’t to be though, as we lost 3-1 in a difficult match.

image.png.868c0da6d5f736c0e8bec597953451e9.png

CAF Confederation Cup

After winning last seasons cup, we had managed to get ourselves into Africa’s version of the Europa League. I wasn’t sure what the level was or how we would compete, but we ended up with an excellent run.

Entering the competition in the Preliminary Round, we came up against Medlow Megbi of Eritrea. A great performance in Eritrea saw us come home with a 5-2 lead. It was a closer game back in Tanzania, but we came out on top 3-2 and 8-4 on aggregate to progress. The 1st round proper pipped us against Jwaneng Galaxy of Botswana. In the away leg we demolished them 5-0. The 2-2 draw back in the home leg didn’t matter, as we were through 7-2 on aggregate to progress to the Group stage.

image.png.88bf1f9af0572d01b040eaccced0447c.png

The first group game was a tricky one against SuperSport United of South Africa going down 3-2 at home. Next was a trip to the Republic of the Congo to face Diables Noirs and we manged to come away with a 2-2 draw, getting our first point on the board. SuperSport United again next (for some reason) and we came away from South Africa with an excellent 4-2 win. We had arrived in the group. This was followed up with a 3-1 home win over JS Kabylie, of Algeria, and a 7-1 thumping at home to Diables Noirs. A 2-0 defeat in Algeria didn’t matter and we were through to the Quarter Final stage, where we would face Remo Stars of Nigeria.

It was a close tie in Nigeria with the game ending 2-2, but we put them to bed back in Dar Es Salaam with a comfortable 5-0 victory. Next up was Al-Masry of Egypt. Our biggest test yet. 6,000 flocked into the Uhuru Stadium to watch African Lyon take on one of our toughest opponents to date. They weren’t disappointed as we came out of the game with a 3-1 win and one foot in the final. Off we went to Egypt to seal the deal, or so we thought. We were battered 7-1 and brought back down to earth. The CAF Confederations dream was over, but what a journey it had been. Till next time…

image.png.65676db5e8890e4ef34a066acad6a178.png

THE PLAYERS

Mussa Gadi

Another great season for Gadi, with 32 goals in 43 games.

image.thumb.png.9460c1fa08496f0c300aec05ae644c34.png

Raphael Aloba

Aloba also continued his goalscoring with 31 goals. 63 goals between the front two.

image.thumb.png.575c2d05501673880dcbb7f1aedd362e.png

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Another good intake, with Mwinyi, Bocco and Haule hopefully able to add to the first team numbers next season.  

image.png.5f1e5ed57b87bb18d2a5c755a84c0125.png

image.png.0a32f179391d01f8ef52b81f2bc9dea0.png

OFF THE FIELD

After a little persuasion, the board agreed to improve on both the youth recruitment and junior coaching.

The finances look in good shape with the money from the CAF Confederation Cup run having a massive impact.

SEASON REPORT

Overall, an excellent season, with a respectable 6th place finish and progression to two cup semi-finals. Plenty to build on for the future.

Facilitiesandcomp.PNG.3552b413e793339dda3e65e38b33f469.PNG

PlayerInfo.PNG.a4fa6abbcf84dc704ce4385c08e34251.PNG

image.png.cfc1f27954bb6f27b97523bfc117d1a3.pngimage.jpeg.abcb80d4a14e74adf0381b39857002bf.jpeg

SEASON 3 – 2026/27 – Tanzanian Premier League

Fixtures: 1 2 3  -  First Team Squad: 1 2 – Under 19s Squad 1 2 -  Competition Review  

League Season

Season 3 and our pre-season odds had halved, although we were still 1000-1 to win the league. Once again, we get off to a great start and found ourselves in 4th position after five games with 4 wins and 1 loss. The form didn’t quite stay at that pace, but we were sat in a handy 5th place with 10 games remaining and it was 5th that we would find ourselves by the end of the season. No continental qualification, but a place higher than the previous season.

image.png.600b689e37c518984607f471fc025b93.png

Federation Cup

We faced the league and cup holders, Young Africans, in the 2nd round away from home and came away with an exceptional 5-2 victory. In the round of 16 we despatched of Azam FC 3-1 away from home, meaning we had knocked out two of the favourites. That was as good as it got unfortunately, with Cosmopolitan knocking us out 2-0 in the quarter final. A really disappointing result as Cosmopolitan were relegated from the 2nd tier to the 3rd this season. A big chance missed to get back into continental competition.

image.png.bb2293f74016d8f64629e2ab27623f6b.png

THE PLAYERS

Raphael Aloba

Aloba the top goalscorer, with 22 in 29. Apart from him, not much to write home about.

image.png.05c946ccc818a283bce2454d1aba376a.png

THE YOUTH INTAKE

By far the best intake yet, with the youth coaching and recruitment improvements clearly having an impact. Musa Salum with 4-star ability the particular highlight.

image.png.fce9a35b2c6d6d90047158378c266f80.png

image.png.8d4e8ed615d85b7707be635767640fb5.png

OFF THE FIELD

More progression with the youth coaching and facilities

SEASON REPORT

A decent season, consolidating our place in the league. Didn’t manage to kick on from last season though.

image.png.3b7ce4fca38e976ad7efdd7f02a3d47b.png

image.png.e75713dd4f1f7b645b6cc88aa83f1cc7.png

image.png.c7a694cc8dcb39c3a68ba030c2dca3cc.pngimage.jpeg.4230fdc98a947ac7bf1f6dc041a707d9.jpeg

SEASON 4 – 2027/28 – Tanzanian Premier League

Fixtures: 1 2  -  First Team Squad: 1 2 – Under 19s Squad 1 2 -  Competition Review  

League Season

Season 4 and our pre-season odds were still a hefty 1000-1. The plan was to improve on the previous seasons and close the gap to the top, but by the halfway mark it was clear that the season was going to go pretty much how the previous ones had gone. By the end of the season, we found ourselves in 7th place with our lowest finish yet and our lowest points haul. Not the worst season, but no improvement.

image.png.a992bcaf8c2dfea2c7f2cb8ea76b0aef.png

Federation Cup

A really poor showing in the cup this year. Out at the 2nd hurdle and humiliated 4-0 at home to Azam FC.

image.png.70f94efde11500d5f33c5504de600d9c.png

THE PLAYERS

Daudi Mseja

Decent breakout season for Mseja.

image.thumb.png.5751781a18471f8cd5a84592f6a0a518.png

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Superb intake with a number of players ready to step into the first team next season. Frustratingly, we keep producing high quality left wingers!! We need to spread it out a little.

image.png.81fb445e9dab7e390e5ce66c7bc4e2a4.png

image.png.18927f96645c706753d3e2540c83905a.png

OFF THE FIELD

The leagues reputation is increasing and is now the 7th most reputable in Africa.

image.png.17e10dc3496885173f5a101a76f6b704.png

Coaching badges are now at continental C licence level.

SEASON REPORT

Slightly disappointing season, with the 7th place finish and early cup exit. The money from the 2nd season cup run is all but gone and the youth recruitment and coaching costs are crippling us really. We really could do with getting back into a continental competition next season.

image.png.9ea83a246bac66684560d0814bc53fd2.png

image.png.7e7dafb0660b202e017e813bd454b00c.png

Northern Ireland - Belfast Celtic Season 1-3

Belfast_Celtic_original_logo(1).png.cc65ca0b4a83d227354d075cfed7b93f.png

I started a few saves in this thread, but most of them died out so I decided to do a few seasons before I posting again. Northern Ireland seems to be considered one of the hardest tiers to go through. I was extremely successful with this save so far. I won the third tier in my second season and got to the top half in the second tier in my third. I haven't been able to do that even with regular transfers in the past. 

I'll post about tactics more later, but I started with working the wings with long balls. I'm hoping to implement a more possession game as I get better recruits.

ScreenShot2024-03-25at7_54_13PM.thumb.png.f696e476b14913f7abe68a52ea82b80d.png

image.png.6eff7158711128b52282c366c4f39c33.png

Rein Meer AKA ReinBerg - Season 21 - Japan J1 League - Mid Season Review & Youth Intake Preview

League - 12th so far

We finished 12th last season and we are on course for a mid-table finish again. We have always been one of the best attacking teams in the league and our defence has usually been the worst, however that does seem to be improving slightly, possibly due to the glut of defenders we have got in the last few Youth Intakes.
However this does not tell the full story, I was actually top of the league for four weeks, before I had a very poor run of form. The board even thought we were going to win the league for a while :idiot:

image.thumb.png.c4ed7a5eb1c20bbe68a26dc9753d8fa6.png'

image.thumb.png.3c864b61ba7155b1d21e65758ce2d92b.png

New HOYD

Talking about Youth Intakes we have had a bunch of new HOYDs in the last few years, but I have ALWAYS had this guy on my shortlist. Welcome to Hirotada Asato he is definitely the best HOYD interested in joining and I have been hoping to land him for a couple of seasons now. He should be with us for the foreseeable future, as he has a great personality and strong attributes in key areas.

image.thumb.png.1d8436755dfc816399a635e3c4ec2c7a.png

Youth Intake Preview

I fully understand that this intake is still from my previous HOYD, and there is also some weak intakes around the transition between two HOYDs. Hoping these C's are more like the 5 star golden generation preview, but fully ready for this intake to not be up to much.

image.thumb.png.39f054d10fc635ac23e06178483804a5.png

Edited by glennuk

image.jpeg.092efa78cbc78bbea58c6730789d7802.jpeg

Season 2  2025/26 - Macclesfield FC - VNL

Losing the first three games gave us the reality check that I had expected, that we were prematurely promoted and most of our players are out of their depth at this level. Hope of staying up was quickly improved as we ended up wining four games in a row between match days 5 - 8. This put us in mid table which we stayed throughout the campaign and managed to steer clear from the drop zone which was a fantastic result.  The squad was similar to last season bar a couple of retirees and my back up winger not obtaining a work permit and hence leaving. The youth players from last season weren't overly great but did fill in as depth and were used as required. 

Screenshot 2024-03-22 235013.png

Finances are still really strong as we continue to make monthly profits so we're able to spend and improve a few things.  We improved Junior Coaching twice, Youth Recruitment, youth Facilities for 350k and also extended the capacity of the stadium by 1,507 seats which cost us bugger all (400k) as we received funding for most of the cost. Then after the season the Board approached me to see what I thought about improving our training facilities which they received a hell bloody yeah!  Although, this did put us in the red to start next season but I'll worry about that later.  I was also able to start my National B licence but thats where it stopped for the year.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-22130059.thumb.png.cf4037b10df0f415333acf671042a3d5.pngScreenshot2024-03-22142343.thumb.png.967fb72db14a08152540d9b8be5697c8.pngScreenshot2024-03-22211516.thumb.png.8ebd7b90c76c2e6fa8e3f5bd7d25836d.pngScreenshot2024-03-22211614.thumb.png.cc39050bc7f8fef324a437a1ac44d0bf.pngScreenshot2024-03-22234213.thumb.png.8edb568d2f2ac345f581a182f3669017.pngScreenshot2024-03-22155207.thumb.png.55665c102285f0ac7d1ba9f48af98723.png

Youth Preview

At some point, I expect the investment into our youth to pay off and the preview was not bad.  Three handy wingers to come

Screenshot2024-03-22151100.thumb.png.ceadb9c1c12a68dff98a633b7486f262.png

Youth Intake

Now this is what I'm talking about.  It is much better than the preview suggested and have quite a few instant starters that will accelerate the transition to youth

Screenshot2024-03-22170544.thumb.png.8757af5cae0256a6f5546f7b877edab4.png

Best Prospects

Oliver Harvey will go straight into my starting lineup as I train him up to be an Advanced Forward. Finishing of 16 is unreal at this level and he showed that once he signed scoring 4 goals from his 4 starts. Super excited abut him as our striker Drummond only managed 12 goals from 37 starts.

Screenshot2024-03-22172151.thumb.png.c1f9511abdfabd4aa1c08b040e16351e.png

Tim Abele has the markings of being a future international for Austria having being called up to the u21's a month after joining us from the academy. Awesome personality and good determination has the club excited for what he will become. Managed a goal and two assist including a POM in the 4 games he played for us this year

Screenshot2024-03-22172207.thumb.png.da289662694ebecddccd3efaa578e1be.png

Jonathan Dyer I just love a good resolute prospect. We were very light on right backs so hes a welcome addition and has really good mentals including strong determination and apparently loves to get the crowd going.  He's pace is a worry and will be the focus in training.

Screenshot2024-03-22172254.thumb.png.c998b94898862ca19a7a0a4c97cf29f2.png

Edited by SkiIIs

Wow @SkiIIs both those intakes look amazing! Definitely some great prospects. I reckon you will be marching up the leagues soon enough if that kind of intake continues. What does your HOYD look like? Any chance of a screenshot?

2 hours ago, glennuk said:

Wow @SkiIIs both those intakes look amazing! Definitely some great prospects. I reckon you will be marching up the leagues soon enough if that kind of intake continues. What does your HOYD look like? Any chance of a screenshot?

Yes some great intakes there! 

Love Tim Abele hair :D

56 minuti fa, Padders ha scritto:

Hungerford_Town_F.C._logo.png

Season 84 - 2107/08 - SBC

First season back in the Championship

We did well, and sat 2nd pretty much all second half of the season!

image.png.0e945cffb0bdc0f5bccfa3e20a3c3ed8.png

But then an utter bottle-job by the lads, losing the last two league games means we missed automatic promotion and finished 3rd

image.png.6a0f09d667995418bcc3e34cafb85978.png

We beat Birmingham in the Semi Finals

image.png.0607cdbfb564c0285c4582fee109d9ea.png

Then another Final loss

image.png.a726a4b0a1b4adbb09d8f8872b704534.png

A poor intake

20240325135313_1.thumb.jpg.71564d736a784e603aae05f57c341566.jpg20240325135317_1.thumb.jpg.c992fd41602b188cb3eb7b75e0249371.jpg20240325115703_1.thumb.jpg.666c498bb430c13cb83488364e2d3a06.jpg20240325115717_1.thumb.jpg.283165e66d475c16881a9aabb863089e.jpg20240325135301_1.thumb.jpg.bbb00ca52e0a1a088400c96c41920776.jpg

image.thumb.png.949fa8268834b83f37c94b0cade82fd4.png

Despite the final lost it was a good season. Started with diesel, but then you put the turbo. A point in one of the last two games would have been enough. You'll make up for it next season, I'm sure.

So we are back in trouble in the second season in The Championship

Board have called a meeting to tell me to stop picking a player, 17yr Dylan Cox, otherwise they will sack me! I have never come across that

image.png.2bad41878b49320a39308f5e70022c28.png

I tried to fight it but had no option but to agree to it otherwise I was a gone!

image.png.f187d5dae9a7710044c7caee79960e59.png

Can't say I am overly happy about it........................................

Now got the old El Sackio news item :eek:

image.png.c65e404ca33f385ebd3460f22d3dab92.png

Edited by Padders

lyraliersebadge.png.8010ffc0d38c48fea59cb000a2819b8c.png

Lyra Lierse - Belgium

2049/50

Pro Jupiler League - 2nd

Croky Cup - Winners

Champions League - Round of 16

Another good solid season. we started the league with 13 straight wins but after christmas injuries and fatigue caught up with us and we couldn't quite maintain it. Still, second ain't bad

Champions League was tough again but we're getting better. a 4-0 win away at Juve was the high point. In the end Man City were just too strong for us.

we won the Croky Cup though, which was nice!

50leaguetable.JPG.6ceaf0c41f077b2fd89fed6915e865c6.JPG

50champleagueresults.thumb.JPG.208a26e6eafef12ad98692700573d8f5.JPG

Players

We have such a strong squad now that a 3 star CA/PA is a potential wonderkid! One new wonderkid and one Golden Boy winner this season

50bestwonderkids.thumb.JPG.654da970412d05d7d99548a3b7fd9806.JPG

50feliciogoldenboy.thumb.JPG.5861f57ceeb3d2167bbfc50b6e6026ff.JPG

50marachelwonderkid.thumb.JPG.519234f687a1dbd6c1f1572c8b916bac.JPG

46Bfelicio.thumb.JPG.f9757a5b55f456500d2441872a7febf5.JPG

Youth

Not sure if this is a good intake or not, our squad is so strong it's skewering all our ratings a bit. 3 star is potential wonderkid so who knows!

50youthpreview.thumb.JPG.5128baea91e8f4507118be986a509938.JPG

50youthintake.thumb.JPG.e8acdc3d512267f04a1b6d7cc1611ce5.JPG

Where are they now? 2045 edition

It looked a good intake on paper. But was it?

45youthintake.JPG.9d428d141a8833ccf50663b606cf7336.JPG

Loan Marechal - I had high hopes for him as I really needed a decent keeper. turns out I got myself a wonderkid who is now first choice for club and country and valued at £60m+! Lovely stuff!

Joe Rhule - Yeah, no, sold last season for 14k. I thought he might make it but an easilt discouraged personality did for him in the end

Enock Ndikumana - started poorly and slowly got worse and worse. Now works at B+Q

Roan Vandenheede - I sold him to West Ham as I had so many players in his position and he's doing ok out there. 

Career

50career.thumb.JPG.a5c26c38b681c02bb4a0e01279b51d3f.JPG

Dep_armenio_logo.png

Deportivo Armenio 2027 - Primera Nacional.

Better season, went once again at playoffs and got promoted.

Primera Nacional.

Transfers.

First Semester.

Second Semester.

First Team Squad.

Finances.

Development Center.

There are some newgens over 1.000 minutes this season: César Alarcon 23 A, Rolando Medina 25 C, Isaias Pistone 23 C, Marcelo Altamirano 23 H, Agustín Morales 25 A and Franco Andrade 24 A.

Dep.-Armenio-v-Gimnasia-y-Esgrima-de-JujPrimera-Nacional_-Stagesc5f492b1815226b8

Lucas-Rivera-27-A_-Profile9fe0dd77857cd4Ignacio-Paredes-27-B_-Profile0776a76203eJuan-Cruz-Cimino-27-C_-Profile073ce7bd41Leonel-Perez-27-D_-Profiled776ff21a3c0a2Ezequiel-Figueroa-27-E_-Profilef06c3a595Hugo-Nicosia-27-F_-Profile19d8511452730d

7 ore fa, Padders ha scritto:

So we are back in trouble in the second season in The Championship

Board have called a meeting to tell me to stop picking a player, 17yr Dylan Cox, otherwise they will sack me! I have never come across that

image.png.2bad41878b49320a39308f5e70022c28.png

I tried to fight it but had no option but to agree to it otherwise I was a gone!

image.png.f187d5dae9a7710044c7caee79960e59.png

Can't say I am overly happy about it........................................

Now got the old El Sackio news item :eek:

image.png.c65e404ca33f385ebd3460f22d3dab92.png

Maybe he slashed the tires on the President’s car.

Douglas Athletic 2025-26 Intake Preview

DouglasAthleticF.C.gif

image.thumb.png.86eeb3331abf0eaf4af67ccf4e48dd1f.png

It's looking like a good intake, with no position rated lower than C. We're playing strikerless currently, so the lack of strikers isn't a problem.

Upgrades:

image.thumb.png.dedd4ec526d1be63bde310221f7dd9ca.png

We've managed to secure another Junior Coaching upgrade! My board are still outright rejecting any recruitment upgrades though.

Current Form:

image.thumb.png.e2d5535ffd05dfd0027628bf1229dd48.png

image.thumb.png.59b7099ceeb3cd52abc1532d4d9a5667.png
Absolutely shockingly, we're top of the league and unbeaten (in the league at least)! We've carried a tonne of momentum from some early positive results, and no-one seems to have a real answer to my tactics in this division. If we can keep this up, we should be looking tidy for promotion!

32 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Where next ? :cool:

Thanks!! Think I need a journeyman save before diving back into this challenge, it's been a long save! Though maybe I'll treat myself to buying some defenders and giving the CL another go before then ))

15 minutes ago, Winski said:

Congrats, @Perre8:applause:

You're the first one who complete it in Austria!

Thx, that was one of the reasons to start there :) 

What an adrenaline rush that was!

Edited by Perre8

On 26/03/2024 at 17:55, glennuk said:

Thanks mate, here's hoping!   Will post a screenshot when I get home tonight