• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, andershs said:

Macclesfield FC (England)
Season 8 - 2031/32 - VNL

What a bitter, bitter way to end the season! Why are there not two automatic promotion spots in the Vanarama National League? Having vented my frustration, I am also incredibly proud of this season. We were brilliant all season, and finished with a ten games winning run, and were incredibly strong all season if January is excluded from the picture. I don't think I have tried that before at this level.
Ultimately, in the play-off final, less than ten minutes away from the English Football League, we collapsed. Lights out. End of season. That is tough to take. But we were running on fumes at that point.

League (Results 1, Results 2, Cups, League Chart) - The young players keep improving and gets better and better. That resulted in a season where we were continuously in the play-off spots and briefly went top of the league. We finished in second place with 101 points (!), but sadly lost in
the play-off final against third placed Dulwich Hamlet. With three matches left to play we had an outside chance of automatic promotion. The table looked like this and our fixtures like this. We continued winning, but it wasn't enough. Opposite other years, as noted, we finished the season strongly, going on a ten match winning run before losing in the final in extra time.
Truth be told, we were under siege for most of the game, which is underlined by the xG of 3.84 for Dulwich Hamlet compared to our measly 1.35. We fought like beavers however, but in the end, accumulated fatigue catched up, and they scored the equaliser in the 84th minute. After that there was only one winner. What makes this even more annoying is that we actually beat Dulwich Hamlet twice in the league.
In the FA Cup we were convincing as well, beating Fleetwood Town and Dorking Wanderers from League Two, which set us up against Arsenal at The Emirates with 60.000 in attendance. I couldn't have asked for more, and it earned us a good amount. Our strong season was also highlighted by us reaching the fifth round of the FA Trophy.

Team (Details) - The core group of the team is getting really good. Good or Leading VNL players with room for further improvements and Astley Rawson - 28C as well as Gavin Kershaw - 28E are Good League One players, all according to my coaches. Furthermore, given my good economy, I have them tied down on contracts until the summer of 2035. At left back, Joshua Roberts - 28J is our starter. He gets overlooked because he hasn't got the potential like some of the other players, but for this level he is really good.
I feel like this team could be a mid table team in League Two with the ability and talent present, but the Vanarama National League is just difficult to leave behind. We managed to cope without Exaucé Binguila - 26B (See under transfers below). Andrzej Gawlik took over and has developed nicely. At 18, he is already our best central defender. Other strong and developing players are our right back Luke Kyle - 28F, midfielder Charlie Roddan - 28B, right winger Connor Muir - 26C and winger Anthony Coyne - 28HEnock Coo - 29D came back from a season on loan and reinforced the defensive midfield.
Dieter Bickerdike had a good season. I almost lost him though, as his contract was up at the end of the season and he complained about squad depth in the goalkeeper position. I promised him the youth players would develop. This has helped before. He wasn't impressed. He did changed his mind however. After the season, we will say goodbye to legend and club record appearance maker Lewis Fensome when his contract expires. He has been excellent, but his current level is far from good enough.
If we keep hold of the players, we should be in for another good season next year.
A couple of sidenotes: Our 20 year old goalkeeper Astley Rawson - 28C is now with lengths our must valuable player and one of our absolutely best players. He is on contract until summer 2035. With established Championship clubs interested and him wanting silly amounts for extending the contract, I might consider selling him
next summer if we are not promoted. He might be the one that secures us financially with a percentage of next sale clause, and we have some improving back ups in Kemoy Mason - 30BJames Reece and Joe Duggan - 31B. But in the short term, we might suffer, if I decide to go forward with a sale.
Nicky Payne - 25D is a strange story. His contract is up after this season, and he is only two star potential who can become a leading VNLS/N player. On the other hand, he has been an almost regular starter and played 250 games for the club. When he came through he had a four and a half star potential. Judging by star ability he hasn't moved at all since the intake. I think I will release him. There are better and more promising youngster that can take his place.
But it also shows how much we have improved in the last few years with the maxed out intake facilities.

Facilities - No changes here.

Finances - Still very good. The FA Cup game at the Emirates against Arsenal, and the sales of Charlie Hopley - 28A and Exaucé Binguila - 26B helped cancel out the minor deficit we are facing yearly after going fully professional and increasing the wages.

Youth Intake (Dev. Centre, Preview) - Not impressive. Davis Rainford and Marcus Hearne look promising. Jonathan Lougheed, Deane Fradley, Luke DaintyShaquille Bayode and Aaron Knox are ok. I hope it is just a minor blip because we changed the Head of Youth Department and since the general level of our players are increasing rapidly in these years. One thing I overlooked about our new HoYD Paul Ashworth is that he prefers 5-3-2 and I play 4-3-3.
That might be a problem going forward. We will have to see. I have extended his contract until end of next season.

No Transfers in - Dieter Bickerdike changed his mind on staying at the club due to the recent signings that were made?? Well, not by me. On the sales side however, a lot happened. Having sold right back Alan Corcoran - 25B last year to Peterborough, I decided to sell Charlie Hopley - 28A to Reading in the Championship.
I got 50% of next sale clause. Because he was grumpy, and since he was the one I had the most difficulty in incorporating in the team (a Raumdeuter/Trequartista right wing? I am old school CM93/94, so these roles in that position are like a dangerous black box to me :) ). Moreover, due to the fact that Championship clubs were interested and that we had good cover on right wing. Furthermore, Exaucé Binguila - 26B was sold in the summer before the season started, when Salford activated his minimum fee clause.
Foolishly, I did not offer him out to other clubs with a percentage of next sale clause, so he is gone for good with no potential financial gain in the future. The approx. £125.000 we got is no gamechanger. A percentage of the next sale might have been.
Striker Reece Ord - 26A is still at Bristol City.

Goal for next season: I hope we can have another go at promotion next season. The quality of the players is there. My current gutfeeling however is, that this was the year, and we missed it. I hope I am wrong, but it depends on whether we can keep hold of our best players.

S8_Progress8c85d6496d3fd3a7.png

To get 101 points and not go up is brutal.

With a year of growth for the players, there's no reason you can't do it again next season.

Has anyone ever had the Unique ID from a previous intake be used in a following year? I assume they retired when I didn't sign them up and the UID was recycled

My latest intake came in with two players having the "YP26-D" suffix on their name (the previous years intake) and my license file showed that the UID was indeed reused from the previous year......just freaked me out a bit and though those players were trying to sneak their way back in :lol:

Edited by Neo_Geo

I'm just going to sound like a whiney bad loser, but is anyone else having a nightmare with injuries?

THis is 2nd save attempt in a row, I had my croatian save which i started amazingly, top of the league before the winter break, and came back to a first teamer being out for 2 months every game, despite resting them etc etc. I've got physios and all that!

Now im in Poland, same thing, i started amazingly, top of the league at the split, but like Croatia, save is being completely destroyed by losing usually my inform player for 2 months every few games, injuries have been a joke

Plus the common thing both saves have in common is I am WAY UNDER wage budget, but have lost best part of a million pounds in a year and I'm guessing unless I win promotion, i'm going part time, and the save is being **** canned for another year!

can u tell im in a good mood :D

Congrats on the promotion @officiallydeej and what a way to go up on penalties, I'd probably have just walked out the room at that point and come back to see what happened :lol: (mind you I watched the penalties for my team Rangers vs Eintracht Frankfurt 18 months ago so I think I can take any disappointment with penalties now)

On 25/11/2023 at 07:11, corinthiano said:

First time attempt for me, am terrible at youth development so what better way to try to improve than trying this challenge :D

Went with SR Brasov from Romania. Brasov is in theory where Dracula is from and their log kinda plays into that which is cool. They were founded in 2017 by the supporters of the defunct FC Brasov. Facilities are not great and our squad is decent, only lacking quality at full backs and up front, but depth is going to be a challenge. Manager is from my last journeyman save in West Africa, lets see what a Ghanaian can do in Romania :D

image.png.97fb9dd72bec0a8df7e7bce4962b776b.png

Manager Profile

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.0f9a96488885cb9df6b0dddf81d89708.png

Club Info

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9aadcdf847f27a452c83b3f8299d3d3e.png

image.png.adac2f145f8f4dd7688c650dc103ce57.png

image.png.5cb5c006b38f865627e4bbb3c87a5920.png

First XI

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.ad73a24322df1bd484eb817b3e54b370.png

Ok that was a very short lived attempt :D

We were doing OK, just about surviving relegation, but with our best players unwilling to sign new deals things were looking bleak for next season. Also, I know I shouldnt say things like this in this thread, but I love signing players :D

Massive respect to all of you attempting this challenge, I probably need some more time to muster up the courage again!

9 hours ago, aldojags said:

I'm just going to sound like a whiney bad loser, but is anyone else having a nightmare with injuries?

THis is 2nd save attempt in a row, I had my croatian save which i started amazingly, top of the league before the winter break, and came back to a first teamer being out for 2 months every game, despite resting them etc etc. I've got physios and all that!

Now im in Poland, same thing, i started amazingly, top of the league at the split, but like Croatia, save is being completely destroyed by losing usually my inform player for 2 months every few games, injuries have been a joke

Plus the common thing both saves have in common is I am WAY UNDER wage budget, but have lost best part of a million pounds in a year and I'm guessing unless I win promotion, i'm going part time, and the save is being **** canned for another year!

can u tell im in a good mood :D

I also had alot off injuries in my first seasons. Part of the reason I blame my failed portugal save on :D. First season in Turkey I also had alot. But my current season it is less.

I changed the training intensity to:

lowest fitness: no pitch or gym

middle three fitness levels: half intensity

Full fitness: double intensity.

So ar so good with injuries. I don't think it lessens the development of my players. But maybe it is too early to tell. I do make sure that my young players don't play a full match per week so they stay in the double intensity for longer.

For next season I will test out if putting my older first team regulars on half intensity for the entire year works. They can't really improve and I just need them to maintain and perform.

I should also say that my training schedules are fairly intense on their own.

1 hour ago, karax268 said:

I also had alot off injuries in my first seasons. Part of the reason I blame my failed portugal save on :D. First season in Turkey I also had alot. But my current season it is less.

I changed the training intensity to:

lowest fitness: no pitch or gym

middle three fitness levels: half intensity

Full fitness: double intensity.

So ar so good with injuries. I don't think it lessens the development of my players. But maybe it is too early to tell. I do make sure that my young players don't play a full match per week so they stay in the double intensity for longer.

For next season I will test out if putting my older first team regulars on half intensity for the entire year works. They can't really improve and I just need them to maintain and perform.

I should also say that my training schedules are fairly intense on their own.

Thank you, i’ll need to pay a but more attention to it as it drove me nuts!

28 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

image.png.6fe009875fd91014cad35700bd25ff6d.png

Energie Cottbus

Season Summary 2034 - 2035

First serious title charge

Our first season combining Bundesliga with the Champions League and it was a hectic one. We did our best Bundesliga season yet, but getting forced to rotate a bit we fell well short in the Champions League. We got knocked out in the league round, but we did have some good games along the way and the experience was very important! 

Bayern Munchen won the Bundesliga with 7 points, which seems comfortable, but in reality it was a battle all season long between five teams. Bayern, Dortmund, Leipzig, Leverkusen and us fought it out, but in the end Bayern were too strong for us. 

We promoted a couple of players to the first team and one of them, Maik Schulz, is a special player. A tall, but still tecnical striker, he could be our Didier Drogba in a couple of years. Our top scorer for the last 5 years, Marco Stumpf, is a really good striker, but he is also very capable of playing in midfield, so in February I moved him down to midfield and promoted Schulz into the first team. He didnt score in his first 10 (!) games, but he finished the season with five goals in his last six games, and I have big hopes for next season! 

We had a fantastic intake preview, but the reality werent that great. The only highlight was Jochen Cramer

Season Summary

2023-11-2711_29_58-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.c662b4e3ca862c74335d720de1b7236a.png     2023-11-2711_30_06-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.0c01072748480c6359568dc801fba405.png     2023-11-2711_30_13-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.b91b364230d263a661581e3c3a46f318.png

Key Players

2023-11-2711_30_35-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.a3230a43ccd1b9d2f43f0b4a0c016fae.png     2023-11-2711_30_46-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.d5b2489e0a1979b0291b27c06eaa4354.png     2023-11-2711_30_56-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.e619c8afd177fd9ea58c548c40cf0535.png

Key Talents

2023-11-2711_31_05-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.2bd30fe5368c055ab1b30f5f6ea38930.png     2023-11-2711_31_17-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.8750316ddadb344de4d86c69721c0fb3.png     2023-11-2711_31_33-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.ef9c20b05729ca55b35d0d20886434e4.png

image.png.6a709fcec5871576e972082222d21494.png

Great season, like the look of the new striker, and the new centre half looks a great prospect too!

Really happy with the number of affiliated clubs we have been able to get over the last few years. We are now represented in Belgium, France (x2), Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Netherlands, Romania, Norway, South Korea and Australia. 

Really easy way to get better intakes. 

2023-11-2714_56_55-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.c3e5ebaec5bf186927f661a06da4a013.png     2023-11-2714_57_08-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.4114714584e85e8af06a77841e4b807c.png

29 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Really happy with the number of affiliated clubs we have been able to get over the last few years. We are now represented in Belgium, France (x2), Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Netherlands, Romania, Norway, South Korea and Australia. 

Really easy way to get better intakes. 

2023-11-2714_56_55-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.c3e5ebaec5bf186927f661a06da4a013.png     2023-11-2714_57_08-FootballManager2024.thumb.png.4114714584e85e8af06a77841e4b807c.png

This is the part of the challenge i miss the most playing in the Caribbean. No mater what you do, the board will never allow foreign affiliates

Apologies for the double post, but there is definitely something weird with Youth Setup costs, in Scotland anyway.

image.thumb.png.a1b9669692c70bcfb7d195a0a184152e.png

Green highlighted parts with arrows are when I've been in the Championship, with the 35-36 and 39-40 season being spent in League One. I've had a very small rep boost this time (from 1.5 to 2.0 stars), which would explain the costs being £200k here rather than like before with £140k, but other than that there has been no change apart from in division. There's no initial season costs with League One, but there is with the Championship but I've no idea why.

19 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Has anyone ever had the Unique ID from a previous intake be used in a following year? I assume they retired when I didn't sign them up and the UID was recycled

My latest intake came in with two players having the "YP26-D" suffix on their name (the previous years intake) and my license file showed that the UID was indeed reused from the previous year......just freaked me out a bit and though those players were trying to sneak their way back in :lol:

I've never had this, but did have a player come through with a real players picture. I've only ever had it happen once, and I can only assume it's tied to an ID number?

A little update on key player I lost after last season. We were not good enough for him to extend. 

He was without a club for almost 3 months after leaving us and now he has signed to a team 1 DIVISION BELOW us. He must be very ambitious. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.63e9bfc6ca15df9df3ce3505b749490b.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.21e10b2c62121d1095dbaad034459d49.png

I usually don't do season update spoilers but given this is at the start of the season and I'm just too pleased about it I have to share it now....

S4_PremierLeagueCupWin.png.147920311f2e3bb09a01055170e3f2fb.png

S4_PremierLeagueCupWinReview.thumb.png.8bf319629ccbf5b28655277fbe82c308.png

I said in my season 3 update I wanted to beat Tel-Aviv and we did it in style in a high pressure match to win our first silverware of the save.

Robbie Keane left to Al Nassr which meant Vladimir Weiss took over and he played a flat 4-4-2 which coupled with them having a tired back line they just couldn't cope with Aviv, Abutbbul YP25-A and Rahmian. Ben Chaim YP25-A bagged a brace (one a stonker and the other a good reaction on the edge of the box) whilst Aviv scored an outstanding goal cutting in on the left as he does and bending it into the far top corner.

The formation is starting to mature a little and we are conceding slightly less :)

Two games in to the season I am almost losing the dressing room, riots! We have played two games, beating RB Leipzig 3-2 away and Frankfurt 5-0 at home. But is the backup goalkeeper good enough? Not according to 15 of the players who are absolutely outraged. 

This was supposed to be the most polished FM ever? 

Sociedad Deportiva Leioa

2SfDHMx.png

2032/2033 Mid Season Review / Youth Intake Preview

5xY88S0.jpg

I am shocked. I was dreaming about getting 20 points all season, but we are being just so solid and still haven't really been destroyed by anyone. In terrible news, Athletic being in the relegation places is incredibly bad.

8YZv9Gx.jpg

Very very top heavy, but I am not afraid of adapting some of those wingers to full backs or strikers to wingers

EDIT:

xv0VN6r.jpg

Well, there goes my starting striker. Just offered him out for 50% of next transfer, and got an offer from United for 7.5M€

Edited by Colossus