The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

1 hour ago, v1n1akabozo said:

@WhiteCat33 at which point you consider that a player is good with booth feet? Fairly strong and above?

Yeah, I'd say "Fairly Strong" especially if it is for non-attacking players (CM/CD/DM/FB).

image.png.bbf974c1777bba7fe7e70f6e3649fc86.png

The Table I use in my calcs & Strikers in Spoiler:

Spoiler

My Conversion table in the CA Tool:

image.png.63e7af1059209332bfc4011c5ebc1ee3.png

Thus, by saying Fairly strong you still would consider there to be a noticeable difference in performance of the player, especially an attacker, if they are cutting inside and need to use their weak foot often. So the striker from my last intake, Adrian Brathwaite, since he is so short eventually I'll be retraining him onto the flank. As I play with IW instead of IF (I just like how they play) I'll be looking for him to be retrained to the right side so his crossing is optimal.

image.png.bf082921081e1ac9182dac2148a97a8b.png

image.png.2bb4c97b5de6e9e546f6b61492fb985b.png

From the intake before is Jason Applewhaite who has been blessed with the magic mentoring wand and has become Perfectionist! He is what I consider a great set-up to be retrained to both of my wide Striker roles as he has "Strong" either-footedness, which means he will be almost as effective form either flank (15-17 / 20). You can see my U18 manager/BRBU20 has been playing him in both so he has begun learning it. I've kept him in the mentoring group to hopefully fix "Outspoken, Volatile & Confrontational". 

image.png.8a1d5cbdbdc1c76d1bbd938dfeb30bb7.png

image.png.ffa967b2402821f5862b92ae471e2d4d.png

These strikers get big CA boosts for their either-footedness and IMO it is warranted because their scoring ability is significantly stronger with the weak foot strength. However, if you take a player of mine like Mark Ryan who si fully either-footed this is what I consider CA bloat, because as a DM it really isn't necessary, and other than the two-foot he is extremely poor. Only reason he's still around is due to our lack of DM options.

image.png.0f3dc40bd40399a9057494005ce6def0.png

image.png.fdc9e83a0dad18f7e38880489181ccbd.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, carlowsaint19 said:

Always love these results against the bigger teams! completely undeserved of course:hammer:

image.png.364752fb0953d008d9955e2b7a2543a4.png

And now straight back down to earth, my 15 year old right back got a solid 5.4 match rating. My keeper also managed to concede a goal from an opposition direct free kick from 70 metres out to solidify his own 5.5 rating.

image.png.750633746b3c9aaf8d713f2350c80bf2.png

@JLAB unlucky with the sacking and interesting to see how the dynamics with the board (especially from the press conference) can have a direct impact on your tenure.

I’d have been the same wanting them to get relegated after that :lol:

3 hours ago, Kulujo said:

First, save attempt. I lurked around the forums (yeah, just as creepy as it sounds) for all of FM23 and I think I'm ready to actually attempt this save for myself. So here goes... 

Guiseley-welcome.thumb.jpg.ccb4b6ead2c7c28278903345222ae0c5.jpg

managerprofile-beginningofthesave.thumb.jpg.4e8eecffe9534642461bee0e1c19fa1b.jpg

Best of luck, I have just started this challenge as well as its challenging but really fun :)

9 hours ago, OlivierL said:

The name Benfica had been causing controversy for some time. The name and logo are based on that of Portuguese club SL Benfica. Partly because of a threatened claim for damages from the Portuguese, it was decided to change the name to FC Luxembourg City in 2022.  Since Hamm Benfica received a lot of Portuguese and Cape Verdean players through the intakes, I now expect the same at luxembourg City

LUX was a fantastic campaign, exciting you've found another historically Portuguese Club in Luxembourg! At least yours is mostly LUX primary players, so you should develop the national team better than I did. Seems the lower league LUX clubs really liked taking the big Portuguese club names. 

3 hours ago, Kulujo said:

First, save attempt. I lurked around the forums (yeah, just as creepy as it sounds) for all of FM23 and I think I'm ready to actually attempt this save for myself. So here goes... 

Guiseley-welcome.thumb.jpg.ccb4b6ead2c7c28278903345222ae0c5.jpg

managerprofile-beginningofthesave.thumb.jpg.4e8eecffe9534642461bee0e1c19fa1b.jpg

Welcome! You'll never play FM the same way again :) 

Season 2 Update

Macclesfield FC - Vanarama National North 25/26

The goal for this season was to avoid relegation wich we bravly archieved. Due to our defending errors during the whole season we missed out relegation by one point. The media predicted us rock bottom so I'm happy with the result but would be happier with a even better result. We played the same flat 4-4-2 like last season and fumbled every hope for playoffs in the final days. We will learn from that.

Tabelle.thumb.jpg.518865296a1a03b6de62f890f647e73f.jpg

Verlauf.thumb.jpg.ff203c931b8460158d5083ec73236485.jpg

Prognose.thumb.jpg.c1b2da590639d332e726a577085ef6e8.jpg

Noone believed in us but we did it. Now the good part.

Pawel who came through the first youth intake played more and more during the season and had a solid first year in senior football. In all competitions he played in 52 matches half as starter. And he delivered 7 goals and 6 assists mostly as a left-midfielder

Pawel.thumb.jpg.e8d145d7741bba92ff55b68224878f7d.jpg

This years intake was again rated with three stars but i hope some of them will help us rather sooner than later. Most of the players brought bad personalities with them but we will work on them. We need more man for the squad.

Jugendspieler1.thumb.jpg.bcd5fbad2d78ecae747a6c486bb10e97.jpg

Jugendspieler2.thumb.jpg.46f0b9e069cc2d883944ddcf31d5bb14.jpg

Hope you had a good career so far and see you next summer

Intake.jpg

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

Sociedad Deportiva Leioa

2SfDHMx.png

2029/2030

Season Review

Competitions | League Table | Transfers | Schedule Part 1 | Schedule Part 2

We almost went down because of Alberdi getting seriously hurt and just stopping to being able to score goals, but we just barely hang on in the league

Team Stats

Team at the Start of the Season | Team at the End of the Season

Team Stats

We saw a lot more injuries this year, and that can be seen by the amount of players that actually got playing time this year

Standout Performers:

1 - Ignacio Villanueva

Who else could it be? 28 goal contributions once again, and one of the top performers in the league as well.

2 - Gorka Alberdi

If not for an injury that sidelined him for 4 months, he would be getting 20 goals this season as well. He might lose his starting spot though...

3 - Koldo Garai

He is Mr.Reliable. Can play at CM and CDM pretty well, has amazing mentals for this level and age and is our first internationally capped player (played at the U18 level and was called up for the U19)

Youth Intake

VrhTCx1.png

1G02Bus.png

IPxCJMm.jpg

WmzfHfp.png

Just a whole lot of talent across the board. A starting Model Citizen Striker is crazy, and 2 very good left backs as well.WhdLKAV.jpg

QgmSyqi.jpg

hvdlKEp.jpg

Rest of the Players

GK - Ibai Prieto

CB - Fernando Etxeberria

RB / RWB - Urtzi Tena

RB / RWB - Unai Diez

CB / CDM - Jon Sanchez

CM / CDM - Mikel Ruiz

CM / CDM / LW - Patxi Valencia

RM / RW - Ivan Arana

LM - Mikel Blanco

CAM / CM / LW - Jesus Imaz

RW - Asier Esnaola

LW / RW - Javier Estivariz

ST / CAM - Aitor Goti

Other Stuff

Yearly Progression

WBzXtGC.png

Manager Attribute Progression

SP8tfOt.png 

Youth Player Stats

GeSmQOy.png

r5daKXm.png

83vbBdB.png

Gora Leioa!

Congrats on staying up :) how are your finances looking, as I imagine with such good youth coaching & recruitment you are spending a lot on those?

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

Just a whole lot of talent across the board. A starting Model Citizen Striker is crazy, and 2 very good left backs as well.WhdLKAV.jpg

Wow, hope you were able to put that Spanish mandatory fee release clause as high as possible as he could be the striker to lead your team to glory! You've got a great academy started

1 hora atrás, carlowsaint19 disse:

Congrats on staying up :) how are your finances looking, as I imagine with such good youth coaching & recruitment you are spending a lot on those?

They were pretty bad in the 1st couple of season, we even went from Pro to Semi-Pro. But on the 2nd tier, we are easily on the black (Spain has a 5.7M p/a TV deal). Now we need to keep developing the Training and Youth facilities with that money

Ok guys, so for the pat 12 hours (i think?), and only because i really hate myself, I've converted that spreadsheet that gives us the ranges for the hidden attributes into a portable console application which is capable to save the info into a CSV file, which means no more calculating manually the HA's for each player.

Is anyone willing to test it out? I've tested it with all the 78 players of my club against the original spreadsheet, and after many fixes it looks good now. But i must mention that as i lack several personalities at my club, some ranges might not me accurate right now. It works by using the 'print' screen feature of the game into a text file, which the app then process.

What i need right now is for people that have more variety on personalities to extract the .txt file and send me so i can test more personalities.

Edit: On my team i've found 18 of the 40 available personalities, so i definitively need more samples.

Edited by v1n1akabozo

21 minutes ago, Colossus said:

They were pretty bad in the 1st couple of season, we even went from Pro to Semi-Pro. But on the 2nd tier, we are easily on the black (Spain has a 5.7M p/a TV deal). Now we need to keep developing the Training and Youth facilities with that money

Fair play for surviving the move back to Semi Pro, and thats great money for a TV deal for a second tier league to get you maxed out facilities :applause:

16 minutes ago, v1n1akabozo said:

Ok guys, so for the pat 12 hours (i think?), and only because i really hate myself, I've converted that spreadsheet that gives us the ranges for the hidden attributes into a portable console application which is capable to save the info into a CSV file, which means no more calculating manually the HA's for each player.

Is anyone willing to test it out? I've tested it with all the 78 players of my club against the original spreadsheet, and after many fixes it looks good now. But i must mention that as i lack several personalities at my club, some ranges might not me accurate right now. It works by using the 'print' screen feature of the game into a text file, which the app then process.

What i need right now is for people that have more variety on personalities to extract the .txt file and send me so i can test more personalities.

Edit: On my team i've found 18 of the 40 available personalities, so i definitively need more samples.

I'm assuming you're working off my spreadsheet? Here are all my 32 seasons of Team & Youth player exports. I also popped out just the Personlity+MH guide part of the spreadsheet. I have the link at the top of the page to the googlesheet that this all comes from as none of this is my work, I just use it to build the ranges. 

From my intakes I have generated 3/4 of the personalities. This pie chart is hideous, but it shows the percentages of all the personalities I've gotten in 30 years of intakes. I'm missing 10 out of 40.

image.png.d9844ca3f2bc1d2580d2c6ad2e771f4b.png

As you can see I've been working on my spreadsheet as well and will probably have a new version to share this week if anyone is interested. One thing i don't have is a FM24 version of the views as I didn't buy the new game [knew it would stop me playing in Barbados even with the export fn they added]. So if anyone has rebuilt it for FM24, lmk and I'll share it with the group.

RoadView-Ability.zip Personality+MH.xlsx

WhiteCatStats - CA Calculator_v2.fmf

Edited by WhiteCat33

9 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I'm assuming you're working off my spreadsheet? Here are all my 32 seasons of Team & Youth player exports. I also popped out just the Personlity+MH guide part of the spreadsheet. I have the link at the top of the page to the googlesheet that this all comes from as none of this is my work, I just use it to build the ranges. 

From my intakes I have generated 3/4 of the personalities. This pie chart is hideous, but it shows the percentages of all the personalities I've gotten in 30 years of intakes. I'm missing 10 out of 40.

image.png.d9844ca3f2bc1d2580d2c6ad2e771f4b.png

As you can see I've been working on my spreadsheet as well and will probably have a new version to share this week if anyone is interested. One thing i don't have is a FM24 version of the views as I didn't buy the new game [knew it would stop me playing in Barbados even with the export fn they added]. So if anyone has rebuilt it for FM24, lmk and I'll share it with the group.

RoadView-Ability.zip 260.91 kB · 0 downloads Personality+MH.xlsx 24.41 kB · 0 downloads

WhiteCatStats - CA Calculator_v2.fmf 15.98 kB · 0 downloads

I love your spreadsheets and the amount of data you collect and use, but this time i wan't talking about them. I've based myself on the one that BlueZoro posted for FM20 a few years ago: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nmtUSDpKDpKrZ2BjnnyTZ9O1TaOpaMJFKb4GayoqcZo

Knowing which personalities doesn't show helps! My main concern is that as the media handling style heavily influences into the calculations, if i randomly chose an unreal combination it might not work. I guess i'll just create a save with real madri and look for those other personalities in real players and try some combinations.

Edited by v1n1akabozo

1 minute ago, v1n1akabozo said:

I love your spreadsheets and the amount of data you collect and use, but this time i wan't talking about them. I've based myself on the one that BlueZoro posted for FM20 a few years ago: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nmtUSDpKDpKrZ2BjnnyTZ9O1TaOpaMJFKb4GayoqcZo

Nice, that's the same one I used to build the personality part of my sheet, I just didn't implement the complicated case situations that arise as I just wanted a rough idea in my outputs.

6 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Nice, that's the same one I used to build the personality part of my sheet, I just didn't implement the complicated case situations that arise as I just wanted a rough idea in my outputs.

That's why i said i hate myself :lol:, i implemented it all hahaha, it was very boring.

4 minutes ago, v1n1akabozo said:

That's why i said i hate myself :lol:, i implemented it all hahaha, it was very boring.

My nighttime project right now is automating the Intake Country portion, so I know exactly how you feel #Spreadsheet_Manager

Looks like I'm going to have to call it a day in Sweden. I've been completely unable to hire any new staff over the winter break.  Most new staff want wages of £400 per week, my board is being generous and giving me a budget of £200 per week, and when asked to increase it, they did.  To £200 per week.

BigIssues.png.513502dd4f1b1b1f5ce500ccdf54e8c1.png

I can't remember having a match like this in 28 years of playing FM / CM. I'm still processing what happened.

2nd in the league vs 1st in the league, 1 point apart:

Insanity.JPG.663a0a8767ed0d03593261faee474cab.JPG

In the 91st minute I thought we pulled back a 4-0 and even go on to win it, just to actually lose it in the end. Two disallowed goals as well.

And this is what it does:

InsanityLeague.JPG.e018581a8a068f1b9ebc6276fdf1a5b4.JPG

The only positive is that we have 4 games left to play. It would've been even more awesome as well as painful if this was the final game.

pv6sdHz.png

AYSA - Season 3 (2026)

* Season Overview:

Our first season in the Zimbabwe Premier League was beginning, neither the media nor the board were very optimistic in their predictions but my boys believed in their options. Although at first the team did not start well, as the games went by the team found its form and finished in an excellent third place. The next objective will be to get a place in the international cups.

* Competition Performance:

Winning the cup the previous season allowed us to play in the super cup against Dynamos Harare. Of course, we were no match for the best team in Zimbabwe and they welcomed us to the top division. In the national cup we maintained the title in another great season.

WzfQiZc.png

* Academy:

The 'factory' once again left us some very useful boys, two forwards with good personalities and who have the level to compete for a place in the first team. Now we have an overpopulation of center forwards, so one of them will be trained as a winger.

VRxwJdL.png

Hot prospects: Lot Nhamoinesu - Francisco Nhatave - Ephraim Menala

* Transfers:

Spoiler

DcME2Cp.png

Brora Rangers – Season 1 (2024/25)

I’m trying out Scotland this year, with Brora Rangers, situated near the Highlands and Loch Ness providing a suitably mysterious setting for the adventure.

spacer.png

League two The squad was actually decent for this level, and we built up a solid lead at the top of the table in the first half of the season. The second half was much more dodgy, but a key win away against 3rd-placed Dumbarton (with 2 injury-time goals from us) boosted our promotion chances, and we got the promotion to League one on the last day.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Players: Our attackers are really good, with Andrew Macrae (ST), rated as leading League One player, the star of the show with 32 goals in 38 games this season. The less said about the defence the better, I’m hoping the coming intakes give us a boost in that area.

spacer.png

Youth intake (preview): A decent first intake with one standout player Englishman Charlie Bimson 01a (AMR), but there is a distinct lack of defensive talent which is what I need most.

spacer.png spacer.png

Facilities (season start vs season end): Were terrible to start with, but we had enough money to upgrade youth facilities, and upgrade coaching & recruitment a few times, so we’re getting there. 

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

By the way, I don’t have an U19 team - does anyone know if it’s a bug?

Transfers: let some oldies go at the end of the season

Season    |  League       | Pos. |     Europe     |   Best player                    |  Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25   | League 2      |  1   |     n/a        |  Andrew Macrae (ST)              | Promoted

Facilities
----------
Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024      |  Basic        |  Limited   	      | Basic          |  Poor           |  3000
2024/25   |  Adequate     |  Fairly basic     | Basic          |  Basic          |  3000

Basingstoke_town_fc.png.2f76e9dd6ef331af1f6488e37cbf2ac2.png

As I've had to given up Sweden due to staff hiring shenanigans , it's off to good old England, for bingo in Basingstoke.

There are some good things about this team namely the junior coaching, and some bad, though the affiliates can hopefully be cancelled / ignored without too much trouble. The Fulham link is technically the better of the two, just shared scouting knowledge.

TheGoodStart.png.9da042e29d003ce7260b419fda1b2968.pngTheBadStart.thumb.png.55878d9844d21987d2fcc4db0931e0ef.png

and hey it's me,

Itsame.png.48ffc443719e2b1057f154d7ed38c51c.png

225px-Portuguesa_de_Desportos-1990.svg.p

36ef019be0c5506bbbf0452bdc72ea0c.png

2027 End of Season Review

52581562d5c0b9bd6d6fd11ffbdc496b.png

1fdab944e85b30f59d6c1094d8711c7a.png

A worse end to the season but we're going to get worse before we get better, right now the league average age is 27 whilst our average age is just 22 and we only have five first team players over age 25 with three of them having their contract expire at the end of the season as well!

2bdb7ade8f82232edf1e1119f844702b.png

81a6ec884dbf2a1e417790dfef18d354.png

817cb06726734d06875d6c0a84f015cd.png

e4924babee3638f8ece22d2cb7fc0017.png

07a0a11ae543a1e03efa9fad677cadf8.png

e9d93129fca171c31212a676df1a68b3.png

de750c151aa2daed441f87f7b10bddf5.png

e01d73eaea0d286091399fc0b9c71132.jpg

Overall Best XI

e14d055753d4bfc9d357ed62e56001a7.png

2027 Best XI

2b58ff6038bf275e3ae20a4a44f9c769.png

Ronaldo (ResD)

Bruno Leonardo - Jonathan (ResE) - Fabricio Baldo (YP2j)

Gabriel Miragaia (ResF) - Denis - Tauã - Elizeu (YP2g)

Alan (YP0g) - Yavir Kadir (ResB) - Chrigor

3763d36e0096828548cd7dea0cca32bf.png