The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

16 minutos atrás, Neo_Geo disse:

Load up Liga I and Liga II as your playable leagues, sim a year and reload as required to get a team promoted that you like the look of. The fact Liga III isn't playable makes no difference to the rules if you have it selected as viewable only or not (though you will be able to see who is going to be promoted before the new season start date)

That's what I'm going to do, thanks!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Neo_Geo said:

I'd suggest it would take longer because you'd have additional games to sim to get through the normal league.

It's just highly unlikely that you can get the really small reputation teams into the playable leagues via any legitimate method.

That's not the way it works, promotion from 'inactive' feeder leagues is so heavily dependent upon reputation that certain teams have almost zero chance of ever being promoted.

44 minutes ago, SuperRedditch said:

It might be to do with my facilities/staff but:

Is anyone else seeing no development in their players technical attributes? And even in some cases pure reduction?

Like, their mentals grow a lot and their physicals, but their technicals just aren't growing.

Some of my players have declined technically, but I just chalk it up to basic training facilities, being semi-pro, and poor coaches. If you think about it, these kids are going from top-of-the-line junior coaching and better facilities as youths (assuming you've gotten some upgrades in), to worse facilities, with worse coaching, training twice a week. I really don't expect them to grow much technically, but they can become more experienced mentally and develop physically with age no matter how poor my training situation is.

Here's one of my 19 year olds who has been training as a BWM. As you can see, his technicals have barely improved with the exception of his marking. And that's with only Marking and Tackling being focused on in training for his entire career. But he's grown mentally and physically because he's played 130 games of senior football.

image.thumb.png.ee3f5b79234c309904582294801793c9.png

There's also the issue that some players just don't have the PA to improve that much technically. As you upgrade more and more junior coaching, the gap between CA and PA narrows since your youth are more technically advanced than their predecessors. It's natural that they just don't have that much more improvement left.

25 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

That's not the way it works, promotion from 'inactive' feeder leagues is so heavily dependent upon reputation that certain teams have almost zero chance of ever being promoted.

Quicker to sim a month than save scum every game of the season god knows how many times.

I think it’s unlikely Victor San Marino will ever be playable for this challenge

4 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Quicker to sim a month than save scum every game of the season god knows how many times.

I think it’s unlikely Victor San Marino will ever be playable for this challenge

Why are you talking about same scuming? and yes as it's (basically) infinity Vs a very long time... and this has derailed...

For what it's worth I do agree that V San Marino will be unplayable as that's the simplest and cleanest call for @XaWand @darren1983 to make.

if you do want to chat then ping me a message 👍

2 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Why are you talking about same scuming? and yes as it's (basically) infinity Vs a very long time... and this has derailed...

For what it's worth I do agree that V San Marino will be unplayable as that's the simplest and cleanest call for @XaWand @darren1983 to make.

Save scumming would be a way to make that team go up. You reload every time they don't win until that one/1000th time until they do, and do that until the team you want gets promoted. What's debatable is whether this is accepted or not.

6 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Didn’t mean it to come across argumentative, sorry if it did.

21 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Personally my take on it is that it's OK in like France and Norway because those leagues are in the game but aren't playable (unless you get relegated) opening up a league just to try and get a team up goes against the no editor rule.

I understand the frustration when someone has their heart set on a team but that's just the way it is. We (I) have relaxed the rules a lot over the years but I think where we're at now makes the challenge as accessible as possible while still in the spirit of the challenge.

Question for those who started in Japan, where the teams filled with nothing but regens when they first got promoted? I've seen this with every team on many tries and I believe I have everything setup correctly in the database. I am also unable to add a custom face to any of the players which also seems weird.

image.png.248b9f463940537c3b9302f304b63b82.png

7 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Personally my take on it is that it's OK in like France and Norway because those leagues are in the game but aren't playable (unless you get relegated) opening up a league just to try and get a team up goes against the no editor rule.

I understand the frustration when someone has their heart set on a team but that's just the way it is. We (I) have relaxed the rules a lot over the years but I think where we're at now makes the challenge as accessible as possible while still in the spirit of the challenge.

Yeah, I agree here. Manipulating the game to get the team you want is allowed when the vanilla game gives you the option (Norway, France, Romania), but I think the only editor files we should allow are countries not in the vanilla game made realistic (and this is key, it has to be made as real as possible, so no fantasy type files), or extreme lower leagues of vanilla countries also made realistic. Those two types are allowed because it allows to play in countries and leagues that are impossible to play in otherwise. Manipulating clubs to get a certain club promoted goes outside the scope of this challenge for me.

And this also impacts me, I have loads of lower tier clubs in England that I'd love to see come up. Cambridge City is still one of my favourite clubs after I had a great save with them many years ago,but they are at one level too low, but could theoretically come up after 2 years if I pump up their rep. Last year I spend about 5 days on reloading to get Beaconsfield to pop up.

Still, I think we should keep the rules as is. The line must be drawn somewhere, and I think we have found the best place for it to avoid confusion. Lower leagues made real and new countries made real is ok to load, anything else is not allowed. Simple as that.

40 minutes ago, Bezzey said:

Question for those who started in Japan, where the teams filled with nothing but regens when they first got promoted? I've seen this with every team on many tries and I believe I have everything setup correctly in the database. I am also unable to add a custom face to any of the players which also seems weird.

No @bezzy i had actual players. In advanced setup of the database did you add the option to include players from lower leagues in Japan (EG: Japan National League etc.) or just Japan League 1, 2, 3?

9 minutes ago, glennuk said:

No @bezzy i had actual players. In advanced setup of the database did you add the option to include players from lower leagues in Japan (EG: Japan National League etc.) or just Japan League 1, 2, 3?

I did a couple of tries with just J1-3 and the National League and then another with everything in there checked. I’ll have to take another look at it, at least I know there is a problem. 

35 minutes ago, Bezzey said:

I did a couple of tries with just J1-3 and the National League and then another with everything in there checked. I’ll have to take another look at it, at least I know there is a problem. 

Managed to find out that I needed to delete some of the files that were added in the last update. Thanks for the push in the right direction @glennuk

14 hours ago, aldojags said:

Finances a complete mess, despite me only spending 6k a week of a budgeted 19k on wages, average crowds of 500. So hopefully if I do go up there's a few quid to be made in the top league!

@aldojags This was the reason why my Bjelovar save ended. We made so much loss per month that end of the season board turned us back to semi-pro, which screwd our training and every player got so annoyed about it that morale did crumble down and we ended up losing all the time. So basically domino effected due finances. Hopefully you gain promotion and managed to survive! 

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

I have decided upon my main youth only save so will be starting it when it is ready.

I think I am going to go the whole hog this year and start at the tenth tier in England.  Once the file is available from @lionel messi, I will begin.

That's already out, isn't it?

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

I have decided upon my main youth only save so will be starting it when it is ready.

I think I am going to go the whole hog this year and start at the tenth tier in England.  Once the file is available from @lionel messi, I will begin.

One of the best saves I've ever had, still unfinished, I've put it on hold now but definetely feel l'm going to do few more seasons at some point. Good luck

pv6sdHz.png

AYSA - Season 1 (2024)

* Season Overview:

After more than a year without playing FM, it didn't take long for me to remember how enjoyable this game is. We arrived in Zimbabwe, and the board was clear in its objectives, we had to obtain the promotion quickly if we wanted to sustain ourselves financially. With just 10 players but with a team willing to run and sacrifice, we achieved not only promotion, but also the third division title, the club's first.

* Competition Performance:

Ghrk1Vt.png

* Squad:

When we arrived at the club we had 18 players, but other clubs quickly took them away from us, finally we were only left with 10 players. The 10 lions who faced most of the league, playing on Wednesdays and Saturdays, but demonstrating their ambition and love for the club. The tactic used was a classic 442, waiting in the final third and counterattacking quickly when recovering the ball, it gave me very good results in my last save in Burundi, and is still very useful in Zimbabwe.

P6mSLhm.png

* Academy:

The club's good youth system did not fail, and we obtained 6 young players who jump directly to the starting team for next season, in addition that most of this year's youth players will be good substitutes.

OESh3q5.png

Hot prospects: Innocent Maziwisa - Talent Mandiranga - Nyasha Mhindirira

* Transfers:

Spoiler

Ir462WC.png

Made a quick update to my previous post nothing to crazy, was knocked out of the cup but did get a Junior coaching Update. Quick question does anyone find it hard to score, i get so many games where the AI goalkeepers play 7.0 + , and every shot on goal is deflected hits the post or goes wide, some games I have 20 shots 9 on Target 3 Half Chances 2 Clear Cut but I still loose 2-10 with an XG of 2.5-3.0

A general question concerning an important area of the game, particularly for this challenge:

I am on the brink of losing my best central defender at the end of the season when his contract is up.

I am currently in the Vanarama National League. My coaches judge him to potentially be a League Two standard player.

Once League One and Two clubs started showing interest, he was determined to go play for a bigger club (minor issue). I rejected the first offer, he got grumpy, and I promised to sell him for an agreed amount (they are always ridiculously low).

He was the one player, that I hadn't tied down on a longer contract, and as a result, that is it. He is now unhappy while waiting to be sold, even though no clubs have offered the amount, and I cannot extend the contract in any way.

So my question is actually: what are your experiences in this regard? Are there any other possible options out of the 'Why did you not accept the offer, I want to leave'-conversation that possibly yields better results or are not promises?

Edited by andershs
typos

50 minutes ago, andershs said:

So my question is actually: what are your experiences in this regard? Are there any other possible options out of the 'Why did you not accept the offer, I want to leave'-conversation that possibly yields better results or are not promises?

I'm still playing on FM23 so don't know how it's changed but I've found its honestly better to just decline to do the conversation. Yes they get unhappy, but you don't push them to the 'i'll never be happy again' level where they demand to leave which seems to be the outcome for almost every option made available for you. If you have your players on long enough contracts you can usually wait out the general unhappiness for declining a transfer and set up the next contract in the short window they are actually happy. That's how I've held onto my players.

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I'm still playing on FM23 so don't know how it's changed but I've found its honestly better to just decline to do the conversation. Yes they get unhappy, but you don't push them to the 'i'll never be happy again' level where they demand to leave which seems to be the outcome for almost every option made available for you. If you have your players on long enough contracts you can usually wait out the general unhappiness for declining a transfer and set up the next contract in the short window they are actually happy. That's how I've held onto my players.

It worked like a treat. Thank you very much! :)

My best, and only really, goalkeeper was under a barrage of offers from bigger clubs. I ignored them all as well as his desire to have a conversation.

As soon as the interest from other clubs stopped (Why, I don't know. Too many failed bids?) he was happy at the club again, and we have now started contract negotiations.

This goalkeeper was a player I could not afford to lose.

11 minutes ago, andershs said:

This goalkeeper was a player I could not afford to lose.

Glad it worked! Wish there was a way to utilize the conversation properly, but its (IMO) a bugged interaction.

The unhappiness from 'desires a stronger squad' is a little harder to get over than the transfer one you had.  One of my star strikers has been upset for 2 years now due to it, and I have 2 left for him to get happy before I'll lose him. I expect I'll lose him sadly, downside of mentoring him up to Perfectionist...

Not actually had enough time to play much this week, hoping that'll change at the weekend, but I did play enough to conclude my idea of going full on Ajax/Barca total football at tier 6 in England with part time players and no transfers was not the most solid of ideas :D 

Have put that plan on the backburner for now but it may well return once we're professional and I can actually do some proper training of players. 

45 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Not actually had enough time to play much this week, hoping that'll change at the weekend, but I did play enough to conclude my idea of going full on Ajax/Barca total football at tier 6 in England with part time players and no transfers was not the most solid of ideas :D 

Have put that plan on the backburner for now but it may well return once we're professional and I can actually do some proper training of players. 

Should have gone to Israel :brock: