Cheapest place to buy FM24

14 hours ago, Iggy Hassan said:

Right, I've had a look, and CDkeys is the cheapest I can find at £31 that offers beta access as well. Can anyone find any better?

does CD Keys certainly have Beta Access? Just looked and its £33 now! 

It says it does. But it's not on the official list of retailers which is confusing. We could do with that clearing up before we commit to buy. I got stung last year buying from shopto. They were undercutting everyone so were penalised by SI so they didn't have early access. I had to cancel my order and went with Fanatical instead. Shopto have returned to the official list this year, but no mention of CDkeys so I'm a bit wary to order...

If you want someone on the official Sega list, I have an affiliate link and discount code for Fanatical which I would get a small commission on, so please remove this  if  it's not allowed mods.

For clarity, look up any of the main FM content creators such on Twitter, and they have exactly the same.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/football-manager-2024?ref=expcarrot

Discount code is CARROT

£35.05 with the above code.

Edited by kevhamster

9 minutes ago, samrph said:

Has anyone purchased with CDkeys and actually got the code already to activate in steam? I read in the other thread that fanatical sent theres out instantly.

Fanatical is immediate delivery of the key for redemption into Steam.

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

If you want someone on the official Sega list, I have an affiliate link and discount code for Fanatical which I would get a small commission on, so please remove this  if  it's not allowed mods.

For clarity, look up any of the main FM content creators such on Twitter, and they have exactly the same.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/football-manager-2024?ref=expcarrot

Discount code is CARROT

£35.05 with the above code.

I'd rather pay the extra £3 and have the might of Kevhamster backing me. Sold. Can't be too careful these days.

2 hours ago, samrph said:

Has anyone purchased with CDkeys and actually got the code already to activate in steam? I read in the other thread that fanatical sent theres out instantly.

Yeah I bought it from CDKeys yesterday and got the code straight away.Activated on Steam fine.

2 hours ago, TheGrahamF said:

Yeah I bought it from CDKeys yesterday and got the code straight away.Activated on Steam fine.

Same here, it's sitting there now ready for download. :-)

I got it for €38.29 which is the cheapest price I could find for those paying in Euro.

I have given up on cdkeys, 5 times the transaction would throw up this in my email "We couldn't process your order" when trying to pay with Paypal, (I have not been charged)

I then used a card and got this message from my card issuer, "the merchant cancelled this transaction, you have not been charged"

9 hours ago, starbugg said:

I have given up on cdkeys, 5 times the transaction would throw up this in my email "We couldn't process your order" when trying to pay with Paypal, (I have not been charged)

I then used a card and got this message from my card issuer, "the merchant cancelled this transaction, you have not been charged"

There is the Fanatical link and discount code I've shared above if you're having issues with CDKeys.

5 minutes ago, Mitza said:

I just used the tip and got myself a key, thanks. Do you only get the key once the game is out? I'm geting a bad gateway when I try to claim the key

If you're talking about Fanatical, the key should be available immediately.  Sounds like a temporary technical issue but if it persists their support guys are really helpful.

Shopto.net is €35,14 which I'm pretty sure is by far the cheapest among the officially licensed retailers if you're paying in € and just a couple cents more expensive than CDKeys. One day I'll understand why their price in € is so low, it's pretty much the same price as when you pay in £, which makes no sense. :D

Edit: Actually never mind, seems just like last year Shopto is selling physical copies again (why do these even exist any more when they're literally just a code in a box?!), which means you pay a massive shipping fee. WHY?!

Edited by Freakiie

1 minute ago, Freakiie said:

Shopto.net is €35,14 which I'm pretty sure is by far the cheapest among the officially licensed retailers if you're paying in € and just a couple cents more expensive than CDKeys. One day I'll understand why their price in € is so low, it's pretty much the same price as when you pay in £, which makes no sense. :D

Last year shopto didn't include beta access as they only had code in box versions which weren't shipped until the full retail release.  Not sure if that's the case this year or not.

Just now, kevhamster said:

Last year shopto didn't include beta access as they only had code in box versions which weren't shipped until the full retail release.  Not sure if that's the case this year or not.

Yeah just realized, it doesn't tell you until you actually go to order and suddenly see a massive shipping fee get added to your check out.

Just now, Freakiie said:

Yeah just realized, it doesn't tell you until you actually go to order and suddenly see a massive shipping fee get added to your check out.

I was just about to say that it doesn't specify PC download on the listing so I suspect it's the same again.

11 hours ago, kevhamster said:

There is the Fanatical link and discount code I've shared above if you're having issues with CDKeys.

Yep thanks Mr Exploding Carrot :cool: I am not going to wait for it to get any cheaper.

Using your code was the least I could do for us taking away JWP from your lot :onmehead:

7 hours ago, Iggy Hassan said:

When doe's the carrot discount run out? I don't get paid until next week. Seems like fanatical is the safest & cheapest option again this year...

I've not been given an expiry date for it, so it should last until the actual release at the very least so you'll be safe for the time being. 🙂

4 hours ago, starbugg said:

Yep thanks Mr Exploding Carrot :cool: I am not going to wait for it to get any cheaper.

Using your code was the least I could do for us taking away JWP from your lot :onmehead:

Haha thank you. I think it's fair to say JWP has proven he has more to his game than just his set pieces at West Ham. Was gutted to see him go, but so pleased to see him prove how good he really is. He's had quite the start to life at West Ham! 

On 21/09/2023 at 23:16, starbugg said:

Turn off VPN, I use CDKeys a lot and have never had issues - but using VPN can make the payment fail on there  

CDKeys is not on their "approved digital retailer" list -- which I think is this one https://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list (correct me if I am wrong) ... so does not that mean you won't have beta access? 

Cheapest I've seen on that list (for a US Activation, in USD) is with DLgamer for 23% off. Has anyone found a better deal? I know Fanatical has 22% off with affiliate links, so that's comparable. 

1 hour ago, Alejandro_FM said:

CDKeys is not on their "approved digital retailer" list -- which I think is this one https://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list (correct me if I am wrong) ... so does not that mean you won't have beta access? 

Cheapest I've seen on that list (for a US Activation, in USD) is with DLgamer for 23% off. Has anyone found a better deal? I know Fanatical has 22% off with affiliate links, so that's comparable. 

I purchased from CD keys and it gives the beta/early access.Screenshot_20230928-164928_Outlook.thumb.jpg.b098c5d54c87191fcd1b11e83bb63b9c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/09/2023 at 20:13, John Joe O'toole said:

CD KEYS Early Access one says 'PC' does anyone know if this will also work on MAC? Thanks

It should do, as it's just putting the game into your Steam account which allows the game to be played on PC or Mac.

7 minutes ago, Makkak said:

image.png.93560cee341742a543e09ccb48636c84.png

Ordered from cdkey 20 minutes ago. Looks like they dont have any keys to send out. Can not find my key for steam, and it says available 23rd october. Looks like i will not be playing early access today :(

hey got same problem and after refreshing---> code appeared :) just try it 

3 minutes ago, kczok said:

hey got same problem and after refreshing---> code appeared :) just try it 

That worked, even tough i am sure i pressed the refresh button a couple of times before i tried again on your suggestion. Thanks :)

11 minutes ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

image.png.0562d0d76832e38e0655ab5d5ce76e93.png

Looking at CDKeys and can get it for £30 but this is putting me off, this is for the multi-platform version 

If you want to be guaranteed early access, then I'd say Fantatical is your best bet, or directly from Steam or Epic.