Creating Newgen Faces Using Midjourney

phnompenhandy

This thread has changed my entire FM experience, I like many others have been using the newgan folder but I'm absolutely going to remove that folder and put in these packs so populate future newgens. 

I'm having fun creating my own, although the hardest part is creating my own prompts to get what I'm looking for, it's so fun though. Thank you fine gents for all this work and helping me discover a new passion within this crazy game   

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is some phenomanal work guys!

This absolutely has to be the route that SI take for future regen images. 

Or at very least they need to develop a system where the ballache of adding regen images to the game is automatic.

10 hours ago, Arnoldfredriksen said:

Wow! those pics look crisp, what settings and prompts are you using?

Don't know if this was aimed at me but i used Stable Diffusion and the prompts used were variations of the below : 

- 85mm DSLR color photography of a very detailed headshot fitting all of head and shoulders in frame, ** year soccer/football player, grey background

Add in different ethnicities or nationalities, also add in hair types, facial hair types etc.

I'm still learning myself, don't know exactly what I should be putting into the prompts.

85mm-dslr-colour-photography-of-a-very-detailed-headshot-fitting-all-of-head-and-shoulders-in-frame-510074192.png.c2e3c0beed6d75a6d21cb72c0de69b67.png85mm-dslr-colour-photography-of-a-very-detailed-headshot-fitting-all-of-head-and-shoulders-in-frame-463560434.png.a2079777a4522d0c2ee4bd3c698fe2e1.png85mm-dslr-colour-photography-of-a-very-detailed-headshot-fitting-all-of-head-and-shoulders-in-frame-95832095.png.0ec4438b5f4ebffca2471c94f6da1670.png85mm-dslr-colour-photography-of-a-very-detailed-headshot-fitting-all-of-head-and-shoulders-in-frame-698224427.png.d085314c217a705715a77437e5ea21e0.png

1 hour ago, Hoarau said:

Don't know if this was aimed at me but i used Stable Diffusion and the prompts used were variations of the below : 

- 85mm DSLR color photography of a very detailed headshot fitting all of head and shoulders in frame, ** year soccer/football player, grey background

Add in different ethnicities or nationalities, also add in hair types, facial hair types etc.

I'm still learning myself, don't know exactly what I should be putting into the prompts.

Lovely stuff! :applause:

On 27/09/2023 at 12:01, Roy Race 9 said:

This is a great concept and kudos to the developers:applause:

I used to use something I had put together but it was very limited and the duplication was annoying due to the small amount of images- the latest download I found for this project however has 60000 images, so no issues now:brock:

a quick question as I use a lot of lower leagues that have players in the DB but no images[they are not newgens] is there something like this newgen file  that will work for this situation too? as it is now I have to add the missing images manually 

cheers

I have only been able to find this which replaces the blank 'missing' images you get with these players

it goes into the skin folder you are using but no faces are generated 

5035a14534c49bf10da77b7de7ac619e.png

just hoping someone can assist with this

cheers

On 25/10/2023 at 05:38, Hoarau said:

85mm-dslr-colour-photography-of-a-very-detailed-headshot-fitting-all-of-head-and-shoulders-in-frame-510074192.png.c2e3c0beed6d75a6d21cb72c0de69b67.png85mm-dslr-colour-photography-of-a-very-detailed-headshot-fitting-all-of-head-and-shoulders-in-frame-463560434.png.a2079777a4522d0c2ee4bd3c698fe2e1.png85mm-dslr-colour-photography-of-a-very-detailed-headshot-fitting-all-of-head-and-shoulders-in-frame-95832095.png.0ec4438b5f4ebffca2471c94f6da1670.png85mm-dslr-colour-photography-of-a-very-detailed-headshot-fitting-all-of-head-and-shoulders-in-frame-698224427.png.d085314c217a705715a77437e5ea21e0.png

What are the dimension that i need do make the pictures so i can use them as faces for the regen player ?

Ok I love this idea.

After just making a huge mess of trying to use the Newgan face pack I need something simpler.

All I would be looking to do is have one of these faces for a newgen in my squad. 

Is there a guide on how to do this ?

Any guidance appreciated as I NEED these in my game :)

EDIT I went through the Newgan installer method again SLOWLY and it has worked. WOW!! These are awesome and what a difference it makes to the game. Thank you so much fir producing these. I downloded the full Megapack so doubt I will ever need any uodates.

Edited by Womaz

11 minutes ago, Kendo BKK said:

If you have the FMU Megapack and  the RocknRolla megapack, you're savegame is pretty much sorted. 

Ive just got the FMU Megapack , would be scared to add another one incase I mess it up :)

What a thread this is so pleased I found it. I am even payimg much more attention to my Youth team!!

Ok I would love some guidance.

I have had these faces in my game for a season and I tried to do exactly the same thing again for this years youth recruits...........I wont bore you with the details but I basically replaced every player in the game , not just the new gems

I have managed to udo this be deleting the rtf file but yes I am now back to square one. I then coould not open the Newgan app so i deleted it and reinstalled. It still wont open.

Anyone offer any guidance as I have went from youth candiadtes of bueaty as shown above.......to those cartoon character faces :)

I think now once I have had them in the save I cant continue until I get this sorted :)

37 minutes ago, Womaz said:

I have had these faces in my game for a season and I tried to do exactly the same thing again for this years youth recruits...........I wont bore you with the details but I basically replaced every player in the game , not just the new gems

I have managed to udo this be deleting the rtf file but yes I am now back to square one. I then coould not open the Newgan app so i deleted it and reinstalled. It still wont open.

Anyone offer any guidance as I have went from youth candiadtes of bueaty as shown above.......to those cartoon character faces :)

I think now once I have had them in the save I cant continue until I get this sorted :)

it's not really a skinning issue and you should try and get a hold of the ppl that know of the newgan app, i believe they have a discord.

they might know what your problem is.

15 minutes ago, snowofman said:

it's not really a skinning issue and you should try and get a hold of the ppl that know of the newgan app, i believe they have a discord.

they might know what your problem is.

I don’t use Discord but have heard of it so will investigate 

On 12/11/2023 at 09:38, Womaz said:

I answered this on another community and here is the successful answer:

First NewGan 1.3.1 is BUGGY!!!!! It will stop working correctly after several seasons in long term saves. 1.2.1 is much better. It might get some face matched incorrectly but it will never stop working like 1.3.. If you read the original Zealand forum post about 1.31 which is 2 years old it will detail how most of the users there went to 1.2.1

if your app no longer opens you need to do the following

1. uninstall all version of NewGan

2. delete this entire directory tree

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\NewGAN-Manager\

This is a hidden directory on windows so you need to show hidden files first.

---------

Overall I think Python was not the correct way to build the program. It should have been using some form of SQL. It could have read the RTF and through SQL it would have matched up the nationalities and whatever else was needed like AGE since we can export age from FM. Then SQL could have easily dumped a text file as xml.

SQL much faster and a lot less buggier then a random persons python code and it reads basically in plain text. 

So as the player aged and you reran the SQL it would switch to images you had associated with that age range.

Honestly think the SQL part would be way easier then the image creation an image sorting into the nationality and multinational subfolders.

It is a lot easier to get peoples help with SQL then getting help for someone homemade python code.

6 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

I answered this on another community and here is the successful answer:

First NewGan 1.3.1 is BUGGY!!!!! It will stop working correctly after several seasons in long term saves. 1.2.1 is much better. It might get some face matched incorrectly but it will never stop working like 1.3.. If you read the original Zealand forum post about 1.31 which is 2 years old it will detail how most of the users there went to 1.2.1

if your app no longer opens you need to do the following

1. uninstall all version of NewGan

2. delete this entire directory tree

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\NewGAN-Manager\

This is a hidden directory on windows so you need to show hidden files first.

---------

Overall I think Python was not the correct way to build the program. It should have been using some form of SQL. It could have read the RTF and through SQL it would have matched up the nationalities and whatever else was needed like AGE since we can export age from FM. Then SQL could have easily dumped a text file as xml.

SQL much faster and a lot less buggier then a random persons python code and it reads basically in plain text. 

So as the player aged and you reran the SQL it would switch to images you had associated with that age range.

Honestly think the SQL part would be way easier then the image creation an image sorting into the nationality and multinational subfolders.

It is a lot easier to get peoples help with SQL then getting help for someone homemade python code.

Ah, i just had 29 seasons in FM22 and experienced a lot of problems with 1.3.1. Had to regenerate several seasons with new faces. Preserve did not work. Did not know it was buggy and i thought it was my fault. Thanks for info.

2 minutes ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

Ah, i just had 29 seasons in FM22 and experienced a lot of problems with 1.3.1. Had to regenerate several seasons with new faces. Preserve did not work. Did not know it was buggy and i thought it was my fault. Thanks for info.

Yeah the creator of NewGan was 1 guy Maradonna90. Other people helped with al the pics and sorting and what not. But it was coded by one guy. He was pretty active in several communities. I actually a version with a couple hundred faces and no program before he contacted Zealand. Think it was in Fm20 but it went live in Fmn21. Some of used a modified chilled moose config.xml with the several hundred Ai faces to just replace all newgens with those faces over and over. No program. No matching on nations or anything.

Then he hooked up with Zealand for Fm21 big release. 1.3.1 was dropped in Feb 2022 and you can follow the thread on the zealand forums. but right after that relase Maradonna90 completely disappeared from FM. I havent seen or heard of him in any of the FM communities. The whole thing originally started over on sortitoutsi during fm20.

I would hope SI is doing some kind of AI photo gen for FM25 when this started it wasnt even for like commercial products now you can buy an iphone app for $5 that will make as many AI faces as you want.

But if SI doesnt and we need the mod community again we should really look at SQL to do it. Cause I dont think anyone will ever update Maradonna90 work on NEwGan cause its been 2 years and no one has updated or fixed the buggy version.

1 hour ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

Yeah the creator of NewGan was 1 guy Maradonna90. Other people helped with al the pics and sorting and what not. But it was coded by one guy. He was pretty active in several communities. I actually a version with a couple hundred faces and no program before he contacted Zealand. Think it was in Fm20 but it went live in Fmn21. Some of used a modified chilled moose config.xml with the several hundred Ai faces to just replace all newgens with those faces over and over. No program. No matching on nations or anything.

Then he hooked up with Zealand for Fm21 big release. 1.3.1 was dropped in Feb 2022 and you can follow the thread on the zealand forums. but right after that relase Maradonna90 completely disappeared from FM. I havent seen or heard of him in any of the FM communities. The whole thing originally started over on sortitoutsi during fm20.

I would hope SI is doing some kind of AI photo gen for FM25 when this started it wasnt even for like commercial products now you can buy an iphone app for $5 that will make as many AI faces as you want.

But if SI doesnt and we need the mod community again we should really look at SQL to do it. Cause I dont think anyone will ever update Maradonna90 work on NEwGan cause its been 2 years and no one has updated or fixed the buggy version.

Thanks, i have found the github location where 1.2.1 still exist. Will download this.

• 2 weeks later...

I am now keen to add another pack into my Graphics folder.

I am using the FMU pack and have now also downlaoed the RnR pack. I am quite a novice with files etc so would love some guidance.

Is is just a case of copying over each of the regions from the RnR pack into the quivalent region folder into the FMU pack. Terrified I  make a mess of this :)

So basically just say dragging the South American file from RnR into the South American file already in my FMU folder in my Graphics folder?

Edited by Womaz

Yes, just unzip the images from both packs into their respective folders (African, Caucasian etc) 

FMU and RockNRolla have used different naming conventions for their .png files, they won't overwrite each other, and NEWGAN Manager will assign images from whatever is sat in them folders. 

Fwiw, if you have a relatively beefy PC (especially Nvidia GPU), you can set up Stable Diffusion on your PC. I'm using an RTX 3070, Ryzen 5 5600x with 32GB ram and can generate pictures within about 10 seconds or so.

image.thumb.png.157114aff7ee4193d2808361065c9ac0.png

Prompts used;

For: Photorealistic photo of mid twenties male with short beard and short hair, tattoo on neck, ((looking directly at camera)), studio lighting, wearing sky blue soccer shirt, photo cuts off at top of shoulders, ((model standing straight)) ((centre of camera))

Negative: Model standing at an angle, semi-realistic, 3d, cgi, low quality, mutilated, long neck, cloned face, dehydrated, ((blurry))

I had added some custom faces to my game and everything worked fine. But with the latest patch they are not loading. The faces from my regular facepack load, but not the custom faces that I added. Anyone else have this issue?

20 minutes ago, DomD said:

I had added some custom faces to my game and everything worked fine. But with the latest patch they are not loading. The faces from my regular facepack load, but not the custom faces that I added. Anyone else have this issue?

You have to recheck the ID as the update fixed the previous ID bug for newgens

Hello folks, since I found the “Ultra-realistic Newgen Faces by RockNRolla & FM.Zweierkette”, I’m itching to improve how “NewGAN” replaces the newgens faces, specially because the pack has a lot of specifics nations player pictures.

Looking over the RTF file, script view in FM and in the mapper file I’ve noticed the following.

The view allows the RTF to gather the “ID”, “Nationality”, “Second Nationality”, “Player Name”, “Hair Lenght”, “Hair Colour” and “Skin Tone” values.

Hair Lenght value vary between 1 to 4, being 1 (short), 2 (medium), 3 (long) and 4 (bald).

Hair Colour value vary between 1 to 5 and 7 to 17 (and I’m not sure yet which value corresponds to an specific hair tone or if correlates to the players nationality  - I didnt found the 6 value yet). But in resume, there is 04 major colours (Black, Brown, Blonde and Ginger).

The skin tone has values betwen 0 to 10, being correlated to the nation of the player. For instace a value of 10 usually refers to a east asian, except if the player is from a south america nation.

I addressed that looking over the 3D faces and in the scripts of the mapper file.

Does someone knows more about those values and its correlations?

And do you know if the hair style of a newgen changes throught the years?

If I manage to find it out, I could try to make "Newgan" pick images according with the nation, skin tone and hair style (and maybe in the future by age and gender).

Edit - NewGAN fix for FM 24

Qinusty just dropped the fix in NewGAN github.

You need to change the 80th string of the profile_manager.py in this way.

Edited by elg4

Just to report something that has just happened to me and I have no idea why.

My youth intake come in and they were already populated with the Newan faces……I did not even run tte Newegan app. 

So I added a Manager to do a wider serach and it looks like all of the Newgens have the Newgen faces. I mean its good but I have no idea how this has happened.

Delighted though:)

On 03/12/2023 at 10:15, Womaz said:

Just to report something that has just happened to me and I have no idea why.

My youth intake come in and they were already populated with the Newan faces……I did not even run tte Newegan app. 

So I added a Manager to do a wider serach and it looks like all of the Newgens have the Newgen faces. I mean its good but I have no idea how this has happened.

Delighted though:)

I have heard from others it's down to the ID number

8 hours ago, dwhite1 said:

I have heard from others it's down to the ID number

Long may it continue :lol:

Will be interesting to see my next youth intake . See if it happens again 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Cool program, that. Is it unlimited?

I think so, I am not sure though.
But I figured out that www.playgroundai.com, made better pictures (or more reallife ones) and that one has a limit each day.
Here are some examples.

playground-image-7C0k8.png.99c7eb1df07c4ca16fbc44f849351bab.pngplayground-image-nduYz.png.c8f96f1da89ead1c82e86978729e47b3.pngplayground-image-yDCGI.png.4108f3985b50a027d90c6c243c465997.pngplayground-image-5N9DO.png.64335bc2e7d28c47b1c9ba66a03a600c.pngplayground-image-MGE0p.png.2dea99637c25e608b276039032f20445.png

• 2 weeks later...

One of my mates had a couple of regens in his U18s squad called "Lennon" and "Harrison", then he sought out some regens with "Starr" and "McCartney" to fill his squad, I made some faces for him :D

image.png.17208b32315ae5aed1c790644d73b639.pngimage.png.5d46ec1acbe0f7251f2e01f6b585cc7a.pngimage.png.54921591ad4429780c484224989a6b67.pngimage.png.88fc58eeb9e2c27d055c0b02cae34e88.png