Creating Newgen Faces Using Midjourney

phnompenhandy

Is everyone familiar with "Midjourney", an experimental app on Discord where you type in a few words and it creates an image for you?

I'm not sure anyone's used it to make regen faces, so I have. I typed in "[player's name] at 15 years old, dark blue football shirt" and came up with faces that I've put with my academy intake kids. See what you think, and see if you can work out which names I inserted into the box.

haaland.jpgCR7.jpgKDB.jpgstrachan.jpgbobby_moore.jpg

kane.jpg

messi.jpg

dalgleish.jpgrobbo.jpgsouness.jpg

Edited by phnompenhandy

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Just seen yours in Twitter. They're fantastic. Making them 15 years old is my contribution!

I've got 359 images uploaded to the folder so far, plus another couple of hundred to work on tomorrow whilst I'm working.
Quick preview of my folder of stuff.. ;)

wSAtZmj.png

^ Great stuff, and some top youths in amongst them. I think it would be very useful to sub-divide packs by age. Older ones who can be staff (some in shirt-and-tie, others in tracksuits), mature players for those without faces in other packs, and youths for academy intakes and teenagers in general. NEWGAN has different shirt colours, which is great - although I don't use it because all the faces look too similar. I also note that most of the packs have too little variety re. hair colours and styles - a distinct lack of gingers for one.

16 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Is everyone familiar with "Midjourney", an experimental app on Discord where you type in a few words and it creates an image for you?

I'm not sure anyone's used it to make regen faces, so I have. I typed in "[player's name] at 15 years old, dark blue football shirt" and came up with faces that I've put with my academy intake kids. See what you think, and see if you can work out which names I inserted into the box.

haaland.jpgCR7.jpgKDB.jpgstrachan.jpgbobby_moore.jpg

kane.jpg

messi.jpg

dalgleish.jpgrobbo.jpgsouness.jpg

I had a heck of a job getting 10-year growth moustache off a certain 15 year old kid! In the second batch some have giveaway shirts (as I didn't enter shirt colour) and haircuts. With players of yesteryear, many images reflect the quality of images at the time, of course. I do think the black & white ones look really great - a whole pack of b&w faces could be very attractive. But it's interesting to see which ones are immediately obvious and which you'd need to squint for a while before getting there. Anybody guess the third one? - big Premier League star today.

Edited by phnompenhandy

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

^ Great stuff, and some top youths in amongst them. I think it would be very useful to sub-divide packs by age. Older ones who can be staff (some in shirt-and-tie, others in tracksuits), mature players for those without faces in other packs, and youths for academy intakes and teenagers in general. NEWGAN has different shirt colours, which is great - although I don't use it because all the faces look too similar. I also note that most of the packs have too little variety re. hair colours and styles - a distinct lack of gingers for one.

Thats where I like this. We can prompt it to run specific hair colours and other things. Although, don't prompt it with Blonde Mullet and Moustache. It brings back memories of certain 'films'.
image.png.f80a8fa3436c084ca7d1636f9a9dffd1.png

16 hours ago, robterrace said:

Should be some more coming out in the next day or so.

image.png.b2dcf2e3f0982234234da9bc676673df.pngimage.png.a5b37393bae8835d93eeed1eed51bb35.png

This looks sick wtf. Are you going to make manager profiles as well for those who would like to change their picture?

I'd love a few skin colour males in a black/grey suit with ties and a glasses. if possible.

27 minutes ago, vJords said:

This looks sick wtf. Are you going to make manager profiles as well for those who would like to change their picture?

I'd love a few skin colour males in a black/grey suit with ties and a glasses. if possible.

Got a few, will be working my way through some over the next few days.

0430.png

0427.png

0429.png

6 hours ago, vJords said:

Staff/Manager pack released this evening - https://www.mediafire.com/file/6n5bv2v3bm2nsv7/Post_Staff1.zip/file
Future ones will increase the depth of staff available, these were just a first attempt at some.

On 11/01/2023 at 20:47, robterrace said:

Staff/Manager pack released this evening - https://www.mediafire.com/file/6n5bv2v3bm2nsv7/Post_Staff1.zip/file
Future ones will increase the depth of staff available, these were just a first attempt at some.

Love it brother, can't wait for the diversed version. I can finally use these for my newgen staff.

These are fantastic, reminds me of the chilledmoose work - slightly scary/mindblowing the capabilities of midjourney. 

All the packs I've seen the image sizes are 180x180 - is there anywhere to download packs of the higher res (250 or 750 files?) - my skin and screen size have the faces larger and so it's a bit noticeable in 180 vs others with higher resolution. Appreciate the work thats gone into generating the faces by others so far! 

9 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I struggle to understand how Discord works, but it's the ONLY way you can access Midjourney. Check again.

It comes up with the are you a robot, choose certain pictures then nothing appears in discord, very weird.

Been intrigued by this so I started making faces for the better newgens in my Wimbledon save -posting some of the results and the query for people that want to try and do what I did.
I used "ultra realistic 8k, (ethnicity) (nationality) footballer, (hair), (facial hair), (color) shirt with (color) collar, portrait --upbeta" as the prompt and it came up with these:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1066824465662627860/1066828649455698030/sp_ultra_realistic_8k_black_footballer_short_dreadlock_corn_b1c68c59-8c42-45b8-a84f-dacf7444d410.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1066824465662627860/1066829398948450344/sp_ultra_realistic_8k_brown_skinned_footballer_short_cornro_85051e44-836d-4b87-ba52-666333cbc6ac.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1066824465662627860/1066841065581187092/sp_ultra_realistic_8k_young_greek_footballer_short_dark_hai_f124f796-e6fc-4598-a50d-5a733997355e.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1066824465662627860/1066842978024423494/sp_ultra_realistic_8k_young_english_footballer_long_dark_ha_ab555b09-6966-4431-93a9-4b6b56fb4cd2.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1066824465662627860/1066873355917074452/sp_ultra_realistic_8k_scandinavian_footballer_long_blond_ha_4fa0f718-a940-4c29-8b0f-4cde73c00504.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1066824465662627860/1066876764414034000/sp_ultra_realistic_8k_european_footballer_short_bleach_blon_14925e4e-f39c-417f-9066-d284452ec5f7.png

some results are unusable and a little ridiculous (half blue, half yellow hair, dreadlocks growing out of ears, etc.) but after some photoshop tuning they look awesome in-game (I'll update the post with some in-game shots after work)

Edited by mlodziezowy

10 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

^ Wow, those look like proper professional jobs. SI HAVE to reproduce this kind of quality for FM24 now!

They won't :D they're still using facegen (made in 1998, hasn't changed much since) - it's a real shame though, they really look like 30+ hour jobs in 3dsmax for each one of the images and it took me about an hour to make all of these, edit them and put them in game

Edited by mlodziezowy

1 minute ago, robterrace said:

Got a load more in the works as well. Done over 5000 so far, and, I think theres about another 800 or so I've got to work through over the next week.

There is a batch of staff packs I've done as well.

Rob, as the numbers are getting humungous, I wonder if they can be packaged up into smaller groups. "Staff packs" are a good move, but also 'male staff', female staff', 'track-suited coaches' and 'men in suits', and for players '15/16 year-old newgens', guys in their 20s, in their 30s, baldies, hairies, gingers, that sort of thing. :)

The ones I'm doing, I'm leaving in various groups.

Once we're putting them in the main pack, they're being arranged by the Newgan way (ethnicity), although, the 'special' packs I've done are remaining their own thing.

Most of my ones are 'teenage newgens' at the moment. I'm also looking at doing 'age advanced' faceshots of the same faces.

Edited by robterrace

8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yeh, saw that on Twitter - fantastic stuff. Is it possible to write a code that would get the game to update the pictures automatically, or would we be setting 'notes' to remind us to update?

At the moment, it'd be setting notes. I can code, but, not as well as to get it to automatically update.

10 hours ago, robterrace said:

Further to the last bit.

Something I worked on last week, that I'm tempted to take further.

The same 4 faces, at ages 17, 25, 30 and 35. It needs work, and I need time to do it, but, I'll get there.

image.jpeg.1eec13b58031b0048fb1cbb07723f782.jpeg

image.png.dd3d549a2e9848071d5084fa7c34946b.png

image.png.51b5643615a5141b0507d8e8ad35f07e.png

image.png.4bb3661abd27cb8aebad3f1a6f86302f.png

This idea is brilliant! Especially for the youth academy players that actually stay and become a part of your team for years

1 hour ago, vJords said:

This idea is brilliant! Especially for the youth academy players that actually stay and become a part of your team for years

Its still something I'm working out, and, time and work permitting (being self employed with not much work at the moment is a killer), I'll probably have something sorted.

Something I'm 'messing' with is below.

aging test 2.png

Edited by robterrace

2 hours ago, robterrace said:

Its still something I'm working out, and, time and work permitting (being self employed with not much work at the moment is a killer), I'll probably have something sorted.

aging test 2.png

Just my opinion but I would say the last one is more like 37-38 years old rather than 33 years old but the idea is perfect. 

4 hours ago, robterrace said:

aging test 2.png

How do you generate them ?

Do you prompt with the first image and age them - if so , what prompt do you use ?

or you keep the prompt and seed and generate all 4 from the start with different age ?

32 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

How do you generate them ?

Do you prompt with the first image and age them - if so , what prompt do you use ?

or you keep the prompt and seed and generate all 4 from the start with different age ?

Keep the prompt, and seed, then change the age. That way, it gives just enough of a change to allow for a few things, you can change the hair and other things, just don't forget the eye colour like I did..